REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 11:41 PM   #3526
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
good lord... are we gonna start this conversation again? no one cares about the leafs in this thread but you Blaupunkt69. that's just the truth. you can bitch and moan that this is an NHL thread but this is Vancouver. this forum is based in Vancouver. WE can talk about whatever we want to. YOU'RE not a part of that.
the bitching and moaning was done by Canuck fans upset I discussed the Leafs again, so talk to them. I know what this thread is really about, I know the region this forum is based, and I know the hockey allegiance of many of its members and how they feel towards the Leafs and their fans. I am not changing my behaviour and have stated so every time this issue has come up. If people don't like me posting non-Canuck topics in this thread, then I suggest they ignore my posts or stop being hypocrites and stick to strictly Canuck related subjects in this supposed Canucks thread. If they did that, then this issue would not come up. Anyways, back to being a hockey fan and patiently waiting for the season to start.

My favourite game from Grabovski so far - Feb. 15th 4-3 win over the Bruins. Grabo receives 2 big hits from Chara which he later admitted gave him a mild concussion and he goes on to score a beauty game winner.

The hits, which some of you might enjoy

and the goal
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2011, 12:07 AM   #3527
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
I'm a hockey fan first, and a Canucks fan second. I was just making fun
Old 09-04-2011, 12:21 AM   #3528
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaupunkt69 View Post
the bitching and moaning was done by Canuck fans upset I discussed the Leafs again, so talk to them. I know what this thread is really about, I know the region this forum is based, and I know the hockey allegiance of many of its members and how they feel towards the Leafs and their fans. I am not changing my behaviour and have stated so every time this issue has come up. If people don't like me posting non-Canuck topics in this thread, then I suggest they ignore my posts or stop being hypocrites and stick to strictly Canuck related subjects in this supposed Canucks thread. If they did that, then this issue would not come up. Anyways, back to being a hockey fan and patiently waiting for the season to start.

My favourite game from Grabovski so far - Feb. 15th 4-3 win over the Bruins. Grabo receives 2 big hits from Chara which he later admitted gave him a mild concussion and he goes on to score a beauty game winner.

Zdeno Chara nails Mikhail Grabovski twice - YouTube

and the goal
Mikhail Grabovski stuns the Bruins "D" 2/15/11 - YouTube
Why couldn't any of the Canucks shoot and score like that during the SCF?
Old 09-04-2011, 03:14 AM   #3529

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaupunkt69 View Post

Zdeno Chara nails Mikhail Grabovski twice - YouTube

and the goal
Mikhail Grabovski stuns the Bruins "D" 2/15/11 - YouTube

Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #3530
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

That Grabovski goal

I can't wait for next season

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

Old 09-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #3531
My homepage has been set to RS

Since were playing this game, I still like this one

Simple and effective. Like... c`mon... splitting Shea Webber..

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #3532
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
poor rinne on both hahha

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 09-04-2011, 11:51 PM   #3533

I still wish Kesler was captain. Because when he is out there, you know he'll try and do anything for his team to win

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
Old 09-04-2011, 11:58 PM   #3534
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
kesler started to mature after the C was given to henrik
but he shows more heart than henrik for sure, all i saw was henrik diving in the playoffs.... they pretty much dived away their stanley cup ring
Old 09-05-2011, 12:14 AM   #3535
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
but he shows more heart than henrik for sure, all i saw was henrik diving in the playoffs.... they pretty much dived away their stanley cup ring
I wouldn't say they dove away their ring, they just didn't produce when it mattered most. Kesler did.

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

Old 09-05-2011, 12:26 AM   #3536

Quote:
there is some truth to that in kesler did mature during last summer. i think the story was that mike gillis/av told him to stop the diving/chirping/non sense and just focus on his game....and he goes an scores 40 goals with a Selke on top. He would have been my vote for Conn Smythe had we won.

Sedins should look to Lidstrom. He isn't overly physical like them, but at the same time does not dive nor take repeated shots to the face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hype View Post
I wouldn't say they dove away their ring, they just didn't produce when it mattered most. Kesler did.
They were looking for an Emmy, not the Cup

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
Old 09-05-2011, 06:08 AM   #3537
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Agreed on the sedins diving too much, it was starting to get unbearable
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-05-2011, 06:49 AM   #3538
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hype View Post

Totally not true. When did it matter the most? Possibly the Stanley Cup Finals? Kesler had 1 assist in 7 games. Raffi Torres and Maxim Lappierre had more points than him.

Yah I know he was injured, so was Henrik........ but don't say he produced more... because he simply did not.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #3539
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
good lord... are we gonna start this conversation again? no one cares about the leafs in this thread but you Blaupunkt69. that's just the truth. you can bitch and moan that this is an NHL thread but this is Vancouver. this forum is based in Vancouver. WE can talk about whatever we want to. YOU'RE not a part of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Old 09-05-2011, 09:50 AM   #3540
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
there is some truth to that in kesler did mature during last summer. i think the story was that mike gillis/av told him to stop the diving/chirping/non sense and just focus on his game....and he goes an scores 40 goals with a Selke on top. He would have been my vote for Conn Smythe had we won.

Sedins should look to Lidstrom. He isn't overly physical like them, but at the same time does not dive nor take repeated shots to the face.

They were looking for an Emmy, not the Cup
I agree that Kesler came into his own once Henrik was named captain, but he's also been vocal about how valuable Mats Sundin was to him learning leadership.

I can't wait for the season to start. Lots of people I've spoken to think the Hawks will be back to their winning ways and LA will also me top 4 in the west. It will definitely be competitive near the top of the conference.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:28 PM   #3541
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
Agreed on the sedins diving too much, it was starting to get unbearable
Posted via RS Mobile
how else can canucks win? if they have no physical presence
they have to draw penaltys and score on the pp
Old 09-05-2011, 06:36 PM   #3542
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
how else can canucks win? if they have no physical presence
they have to draw penaltys and score on the pp
and that worked real well in the finals, right?
Old 09-05-2011, 09:15 PM   #3543

leafs suck

Old 09-05-2011, 09:44 PM   #3544
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
are you guys serious? Kesler is a champ and doesn't need a C on his jersey to know hes a leader, who cares about the C...

what is a definition of "showing more heart?" Are you in the locker room with these guys? The reason why kesler seems like he has more heart is because he has more swaggg. Hank is just a lot more well mannered from how he plays the game to how he presents himself off the ice. Doesn't mean he has less heart, just means how he has a different personality...
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2011, 09:48 PM   #3545
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
^ based on 2010-2011 yeah that sounds about right
Old 09-06-2011, 12:38 AM   #3546

Quote:
and that worked real well in the finals, right?
It kinda worked leading upto the finals, the reason the canucks lost is because they can't hit for shit
Also luongo is a waste of money, out performed by tim thomas who probably gets paid 1/3 of what luongo gets paid
Trade luongo for a solid scoring power forward and use schneider <- he's a fucking beast
I'm not even a canucks fan but they're my hometown team, no physical presence = no cup
Simple as that
Posted via RS Mobile
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-06-2011, 12:56 AM   #3547
Big Drama Show

Quote:
It kinda worked leading upto the finals, the reason the canucks lost is because they can't hit for shit
Also luongo is a waste of money, out performed by tim thomas who probably gets paid 1/3 of what luongo gets paid
Trade luongo for a solid scoring power forward and use schneider <- he's a fucking beast
I'm not even a canucks fan but they're my hometown team, no physical presence = no cup
Simple as that
Posted via RS Mobile
Thomas caphit is $5mill, Lu's cap hit is $5.3mill
Just cause we had no physical presence, it doesn't mean diving to draw penalties was the right thing to do. It's part of the reason why so many other teams hate us.

Edit- Nuff said, stop posting here then.

Last edited by spideyv2; 09-06-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:45 AM   #3548

Quote:
Thomas caphit is $5mill, Lu's cap hit is $5.3mill
Just cause we had no physical presence, it doesn't mean diving to draw penalties was the right thing to do. It's part of the reason why so many other teams hate us.
i don't see why people would hate the canucks
canucks have alot of talent and drawing penaltys is a legit way to play
i just don't think they're gonna win anytime soon
41 years and no cup says alot about this franchise
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-06-2011, 03:41 AM   #3549

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Simple as that
Posted via RS Mobile
They couldn't "hit for shit" cause 2/3 of the team was plagued with injuries and facing a hot goaltender didn't help either. This isn't NHL 12 where you can trade Luongo for just any player . No team would want/be able to take on his contract so he'll be here till 2022, like it or not.

So sit your bandwagoner ass down

Simple as that
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 09-06-2011, 05:36 AM   #3550
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
puck daddys take on the vancouver riot report... old news, but this is an article that went up just now

City of Vancouver blames NHL for riots, embarrasses itself - Puck Daddy - NHL Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Spoiler!
Closed Thread