REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 09:03 AM   #6201
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4chinit View Post
I don't know about you guys, but this regular season matters very little to me.

Especially after last year, I think as long as this core remains, no regular season will be interesting. These guys have NOTHING to prove in the regular season. The same questions will pop up throughout the season: Is Luo getting enough/too much rest? Sedins too soft? Team too soft? What will Gillis do about the fourth line? Can we stay healthy?

None of it matters, they will all be judged based on their performance in the playoffs.
It's all about the build up. It's like you date for 6 months and you finally get to put it in. I must say I'm getting sick of being dissapointed
Advertisement
Old 10-14-2011, 09:08 AM   #6202
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Good thing the BC Lions game is on Sunday at 1pm, 'cause if both were on at the same time.......

BC Lions game vs October Canucks game.................... hmmmmmm..................
Old 10-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #6203
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Good thing the BC Lions game is on Sunday at 1pm, 'cause if both were on at the same time.......

BC Lions game vs October Canucks game.................... hmmmmmm..................
last nights game was good
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #6204
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Wow, the Jay Beagle fight vs Arron Asham:

Check out the slow-motion replay at 1:50.

I thought Asham's actions afterward were uncalled for. I think he was caught up in the moment - you see him tapping his stick in the penalty box when Beagle gets up, so perhaps he regrets the taunt.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-14-2011, 09:29 AM   #6205
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

dipietro sidelined again with concussion. Hit by puck on head by Rolston. Man, this guy can't buy a break
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #6206
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
lol DiPietro! Also, good on Asham for apologizing. I see it as a sign of mutual respect among players of this league. Him tapping the stick in the box already meant he hoped the guy was okay.
Spoiler!
Old 10-14-2011, 10:20 AM   #6207
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Tampa Bay is planning to use Tesla Coils during their goal celebrations. Pretty awesome!

This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2011, 10:33 AM   #6208
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
Are you serious? This is hockey, not the UFC
Posted via RS Mobile
Maybe that's a problem. No personalities
Old 10-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #6209
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Plenty of personality in the NHL. Just because you're not a douche doesn't mean you don't have personality.. most NHL players try to be respectable. Those actions weren't. That's the issue.
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by punkwax; 10-14-2011 at 11:15 AM.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-14-2011, 11:00 AM   #6210
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4chinit View Post
I don't know about you guys, but this regular season matters very little to me.

Especially after last year, I think as long as this core remains, no regular season will be interesting. These guys have NOTHING to prove in the regular season. The same questions will pop up throughout the season: Is Luo getting enough/too much rest? Sedins too soft? Team too soft? What will Gillis do about the fourth line? Can we stay healthy?

None of it matters, they will all be judged based on their performance in the playoffs.
Totally agree. There is no doubt by anyone that the Canucks will make it to the playoffs, and most likely will be at, or at the very least, near the top of the standings... so really, it all comes down to what happens in the postseason.

I mean, I'll still watch the regular season games as often as I can, but it just doesn't have the same importance.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #6211
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
Totally agree. There is no doubt by anyone that the Canucks will make it to the playoffs, and most likely will be at, or at the very least, near the top of the standings... so really, it all comes down to what happens in the postseason.

I mean, I'll still watch the regular season games as often as I can, but it just doesn't have the same importance.
Lets not jump so far ahead. With the NHL anything can happen. Every season there are disappointments and every season there are surprises. You're gonna totally regret not watching the teams journey throughout the season if by somehow our team doesn't live up to its potential and maybe be shy of making the playoffs *knock on wood*.

Half the fun of the playoffs is going through the ups and downs of the team before making it to the stage that really matters. No one's gonna lay down and just hand us a playoff spot.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:31 PM   #6212
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Maybe that's a problem. No personalities
the objective of hockey isn't to KO your opponent. Fighting is a small part of the game, and it's slowly starting to fade away. I could definitely understand if Asham did something like that after scoring a goal, though.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #6213
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
Plenty of personality in the NHL. Just because you're not a douche doesn't mean you don't have personality.. most NHL players try to be respectable. Those actions weren't. That's the issue.
Posted via RS Mobile
yeah in fact, isnt the lady byng award is for best sportsman like or some shit

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 10-14-2011, 12:34 PM   #6214
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
NHL enforcers. Its a lifestyle. Id much rather see this stuff coming from a guy like Aaron Asham than say a guy like Alex Burrows

I wouldn't go and say classless, but rather..

"I got caught up in the moment, I wear the black and gold proudly and against a rival such as the caps, I sure as hell did my part to ensure that the next time we meet, the fans will be entertained"
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2011, 12:36 PM   #6215
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
finally a quality win by the flames!
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2011, 01:04 PM   #6216
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

^ your current avatar lacks nipples but shows more skin.. not sure if acceptable

like i said last time, half the nipples means half the acceptance. now you're at zero nipples
Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2011, 03:57 PM   #6217
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
are we panicking about the canucks not being top of the standings? its been 4 games. remember last year when we went like 3 and 5 in october and everyone panicked? oh right, that didnt matter.

imagine if the season was decided in the first 4 games. boston and van out of the playoffs, edmonton and the islanders in the playoffs.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:56 PM   #6218
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Score a goal - celebrate, Win the fight - can't celebrate. The NHL allows bareknuckle fighting and people are talking about class??? Does not compute.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #6219
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
Score a goal - celebrate, Win the fight - can't celebrate. The NHL allows bareknuckle fighting and people are talking about class??? Does not compute.
Score Goal, Can't Celebrate
I call it, cold hands..or just simply the OVECHKIN

WIN FIGHT, DRUM LIKE A WOMAN...the move known as SEMIN

the LOGIC defined by MOTHER RUSSIA
Old 10-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #6220
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
this still puts a smile on my face haha

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 10-14-2011, 09:32 PM   #6221
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

re: Canucks being soft.

I thought Juice brought up a great point when Hank got drilled a couple games ago. You want to make the other guy pay the price for his actions. But you also don't want to cost your team the 2 minutes instigating, game misconduct if you are a key part of the team's chances to win. You understand the importance of sticking up for your teammate, but you AND your teammate that just got drilled both understand the importance playing the team game and how important each win is. THIS is a true team game and discipline. Optically to us as fans, the team appears soft now. Internally in the locker room, they are stronger and players have a higher level of trust in each other knowing that they will let nothing get in the way of a win, not even one of their teammates getting cheap shotted. This is why loose cannons like SOB did not find favour with management.

Agree? Am I just spewing BS?
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2011, 09:39 PM   #6222
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
the objective of hockey isn't to KO your opponent. Fighting is a small part of the game, and it's slowly starting to fade away. I could definitely understand if Asham did something like that after scoring a goal, though.
It's not just fighting. Players aren't allowed to celebrate too much after a goal either. If they do, they'll get ripped on endlessly by the conservative media and fans. Especially if they are european.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:43 PM   #6223
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post

I thought Juice brought up a great point when Hank got drilled a couple games ago. You want to make the other guy pay the price for his actions. But you also don't want to cost your team the 2 minutes instigating, game misconduct if you are a key part of the team's chances to win. You understand the importance of sticking up for your teammate, but you AND your teammate that just got drilled both understand the importance playing the team game and how important each win is. THIS is a true team game and discipline. Optically to us as fans, the team appears soft now. Internally in the locker room, they are stronger and players have a higher level of trust in each other knowing that they will let nothing get in the way of a win, not even one of their teammates getting cheap shotted. This is why loose cannons like SOB did not find favour with management.

Agree. It also shows maturity!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 10-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #6224
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post

disagree because what do you have to be scared if facing a garbage Columbus powerfully?

the perception around the league is starting to become that the bucks can be pushed around
Old 10-14-2011, 10:00 PM   #6225
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

i think as the season goes on and shanahan suspends more players, the guys will start to get their acts together. i know it's early, but if shanahan stays consistent, this league will start to see a lot less cheap shots.
Spoiler!
Closed Thread