REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #26526
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

You're not much better yourself, M5. Just look at your post history in this thread - you only post when you get a chance to crap on Luongo or when you do the fanboy thing yourself

Agree with Ronin.
Advertisement
Old 04-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #26527
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

IMO I don't think starting cory is AV's decision.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #26528
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
It is partially MG's fault for handing out NTCs like candy
Most core players who have signed contracts in the last 6 or 7 years have NTC's. No matter where Luongo signed at that time he would have gotten a NTC.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 04-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #26529
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
If we could sign Corey for another 3 @ 3 per I think that would be completely feasible, but who knows if either side would go for that
Old 04-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #26530
RS controls my life!

I love that the Hawks lost Hossa. That shit came full circle back to them, didn't it?
Last PO, Torres eliminates Seabrook. This season, Keith eliminates DSedin, gets 5 games for it (like it mattered) and makes DSedin almost miss R1 of PO.
Unfortunately for Torres, he's suspended indefinitely lol. I hope the Coyotes clean them out.

Judgment day for Van and Pittsburgh. I hope they both steal a game. Canucks deserve more than just R1 and Pittsburgh, well, they have the best player in the league.

Schneids or Luo, either way I cannot wait for todays game. Go Canucks go!
Old 04-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #26531
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
Marc Crawford Says - Canucks Community

This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #26532
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
You'd think people would be happy we have two awesome goalies.
unfortunately, it's a luxury most fans don't understand in this city. lu and schnu have always supported each other; they want the TEAM to win. the media really has done their job by instilling doubt and controversy (where there is none) into the minds of some fans.

whatever. cory is in, we all want the canucks to win. well, except for Hondaracer because he'd rather see the team lose to prove his point. True fan right there
Spoiler!
Old 04-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #26533
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
^^^^That poster is laminated and is one of my most precious of Canuck memorabilia.

What a team that was. Jim Robson, the voice of the Canucks...........

I hate you for all of eternity, Messier....... and Keenan, of course. That 94 team should have won the cup. They, of any team, should have won it. Every time I see the "Heart and Soul" poster of Linden hugging McLean, I weep. Perhaps that's why I don't have it in my collection.
Jim Robson was one of the best play-by-play guys of his generation. Quite possibly in the Top 10 in the history of the game.

Trevor was a shadow of his former self during his second stint here. If only some of the youngsters here would have grown up watching him in his prime. He was never a gifted scorer, but when he collected the puck in his zone with a full head of steam...

All this talk about dirty hits, and blown officiating is a little bit off-centre, IMHO. The 80s and 90s were just as bad with bench clearing brawls and dirty players like Ulf Samuelsson, Claude Lemieux, etc.

And players didn't hide behind visors.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #26534
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
If we could sign Corey for another 3 @ 3 per I think that would be completely feasible, but who knows if either side would go for that
yeah I'm sure canucks would be more than happy to do that, but I don't think cory goes for that, that deal is basically exactly what corey crawford got from the hawks off an above average regular season at best. He was basically promised the starting gig as well in Chi, where as in Van, its going to be another goalie tandem ? I don't think corey wants to be 1A/1B for another 3 years of his prime years.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #26535
I am Hook'd on RS

I predict Juice (03) is going to lose it tonight. Any takers?
Old 04-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #26536
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
There is an article on nhl.com about goaltender rotation in the playoffs.

I am not questioning whether AV is making the right decision with choosing Schneider to start game 4.

Who am I to second guess an NHL coach when I've never coached a professional game in my life, let alone play in a pro hockey game?

Just win!

The posts on this thread about starting Luongo or Schneider tonight have been an interesting read.

Here's the article: Goalie rotation in playoffs could be popular choice - NHL.com - The Stanley Cup
Old 04-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #26537
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 04-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #26538
Need to Seek Professional Help

Wow, a potential franchise changing decision to start Schneids over Lu, regardless if we win or lose tonight.

Lu's been saying all the right things about putting the team first and he's been extremely supportive of Schneids, but this is a clear message by the coaching staff that Schneids is our new #1. You absolutely have to go with your #1 in the biggest game of the year unless he is not your #1 anymore or he is unable to play.

Imagine being the #1 guy at work, about to embark on the most important project of the year for your company and you are asked to step aside for someone else. Would you still want to work for that company? Would you still be able to give it your best? Would your heart still be in it, especially if you felt like you were still at the top of your game? As a member of management, would you believe that this person would be unaffected by your decision, remain as motivated as before, and still give you 110%?

Regardless if they fire AV or trade Schneids, Lu's time with the Canucks is done. Anything less than that and it would be a total failure by management. You simply cannot tell your #1 that he's #2 now, trade the new #1 and tell your #2 that he's #1 again and expect him to be unaffected. Human beings do not work that way, especially those that are top performers.

It will be one hell of an off season!
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #26539
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Starting Cory Schneider sure to have aftershocks. But a Luongo trade won’t be easy | The Province

Quote:
LOS ANGLES – In the win-or-go-home game, the Canucks will go with their backup.

Well, you can actually stop calling Cory Schneider the backup. Two playoff starts in a row means those days are behind him.

In a decision that is sure to have lasting implications, head coach Alain Vigneault will start Schneider instead of Roberto Luongo, once the captain and the core of the team.
“Whichever decision I made would have been the right one,” Vigneault said. “But without getting into the specifics of why Cory is playing tonight, I’m confident he’s going to have a good game.”

Vigneault had a face-to-face meeting with both goalies Tuesday night. His decision to go down Marblehead Road could change the face of the franchise.
Luongo chose not talk with media, but this will be hard for him to deal with. He was the starter for Game 1 of the playoffs. He played two games, was great at points, consistently good and made just a handful of mistakes.
This isn’t about his play. This is about the team believing that Schneider is better. And if the team feels that way now, why didn’t it feel that way to start the postseason?

It’s a good question. And will be reversed if Schneider wins tonight and the Cancuks go back to Luongo for Game 5. Don’t for a second think that’s not possible.

For now, through no fault of his own, Luongo has lost his spot as the team’s definitive No. 1 goalie. It’s hard to imagine him wanting to play another year in Vancouver under these circumstances.

Why would he want to come back and split the position, or worse be resigned to being the backup, if Schneider does prove he really is better?

The Canucks took away Luongo’s goalie coach Ian Clark a couple of years ago. They reduced his workload dramatically, even though he has always said he loves to play. And now, he’s benched for the two biggest games of the year, a decision which had to involve GM Mike Gillis with strong input from goalie coach Rollie Melanson.

So to sum up, they fired his coach, cut his games and took away his job in the playoffs, which he lives for. Being a pround man, at some point he’s going to say enough is enough.

“I’m not surprised at all,” Schneider said. “Nothing surprises us anymore. We both have to be ready for anything.
“After playing last game, I thought there was a chance I would play again.
“We’re both professionals and grown men. We can handle anything they decide.”

Moving forward with Schneider tonight is yet another clue they are planning move forward with him next year.
A Luongo trade will not be easy. If he does tell the team he wants out, he’ll select a few destinations for the Canucks to choose from. Tampa would be on the list, probably Florida and some wild cards, maybe Detroit. It won’t be long.
Luongo is singed until 2022. That’s ten more years.
Coming back with both goalies next year can’t be totally ruled out, but it seems terribly unlikely right now.

If Luongo is gone, life will change for Schneider who would be the starter for the first time in his NHL career.
“I’ve been a starter at other levels, I played 60 games in Manitoba,” Schneider said. “I understand, it’s not the NHL. But you have the same ups and downs in that season as you would in any season.
“It’s harder to be perfect over more games.”
And we all know Vancouver demands their goalies be perfect!
Old 04-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #26540
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Both goalies played well, Cory only let in 1 goal so he gets the start. Doesn't mean they've lost confidence in Lu. Pretty simple really.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #26541
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
Both goalies played well, Cory only let in 1 goal so he gets the start. Doesn't mean they've lost confidence in Lu. Pretty simple really.
This should be the bottom line.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #26542
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
Both are great goalies for sure

but LU = No consistency, he might shit his pant at a biggest game

Cory on the other side proven consistency, just dont cramp out
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #26543
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Honestly, goal tending this series wasn't what bothered or worried me the most. It's rare that I feel that way too, based on last years run. We're good to go if we stop taking these stupid avoidable penalties and capitalized on scoring chances during the PP. That's it.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 04-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #26544
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
You'd think people would be happy we have two awesome goalies.
^THIS

what we have here is people who cant sit down and think for themselves or give an opinion

OH NOESSS CORY STARTING...MEANS LUONGO WONT BE A CANUCK NEXT YEAR. its all speculation or just the media creating a story.

Until all the smoke is cleared, just be happy that BOTH our goalies got us to where we were.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #26545
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
isn't it the same situation in St. Louis

Halak is 1A
Elliot is 1B

therefore

Luongo is 1A
Schnei is 1B

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 04-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #26546
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I don't get how starting Schnieder marks the end of the Loungo era in Vancouver. It is simply speculation.

Lots of teams are shifting to a two-goalie system where they like to see a 50-30 game split for the regular season, and if a goalie falters in the playoffs, you go with the other guy. What makes the Canucks interesting is 1) Luongo's contract and NTC 2) Schnieder at the end of his contract. Do the Canucks have a difficult situation coming up this summer? Yes, but Schneider starting tonight doesn't indicate what happens in the off season. Too many variables in play. Will Cory sign for less here and be guarenteed half the regular season games? Will Luongo waive his NTC to move to a team like Tampa? Will other teams want Luongo's contract?
Old 04-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #26547
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

If Canucks somehow win tonight, they dont' play again until Sunday. That's a lot of rest for Dank and whoever else needs it.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #26548
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
^THIS

what we have here is people who cant sit down and think for themselves or give an opinion

OH NOESSS CORY STARTING...MEANS LUONGO WONT BE A CANUCK NEXT YEAR. its all speculation or just the media creating a story.

Until all the smoke is cleared, just be happy that BOTH our goalies got us to where we were.
It's because people know we have 2 very proven and tradable assets that we can flip for help in other facets of the game.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:25 PM   #26549
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
save the speculation for when the canucks playoffs is over in june

LETS GET HYPED FOR TODAY BOYS

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 04-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #26550
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
It is partially MG's fault for handing out NTCs like candy
Only our core players have NTCs. MG has done a great job. Eight players (Sedins, Kesler, Manny, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Salo and Lu) have NTCs.

If you want to see NTCs handed out like candy, take a look at Calgary before you criticize Gillis, who is easily the best GM we've ever had. Calgary has 11 (...Matt Stajan!?).

Gillis had to give NTCs because all those players took discounts to stay with the Canucks. It's pretty standard to do when a player takes a hometown deal.
Closed Thread