REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #28426
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj.GSR View Post
No. It is well known that both goalies want a starting position... if either of them didnt then luongo would have happily played back up... but oh wait he said he will get rid of his NTC if MG asks him to do so. i think both goalies know that only one is staying and to say otherwise is a Bold statment.

If i am wrong i will apologize for my assumptions..
Hey, you never know. Good athletes always want the ball/puck but more importantly, they want to win. Lu even said it was hard to sit while Schneids played but still supported the decision and vice-versa. All season long, they both wanted to play, so they're always hungry to win when they get the chance.

They're both great goalies and if they believe they can split the season and come out with a cup, I think they go for it. If the cap goes up, as expected, I think it's totally feasable to get Schneids in at 3-3.5m. I think all that's needed is management to convince them that they'll get the right skaters in front of them to produce and support the D.
Advertisement

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
Old 04-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #28427
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseBlue View Post
i hope the team remains as is for next season...who wouldnt want a team that always wins? granted they didnt win one round this year but daniel being knocked out by keith has something to do with the playoff loss...

and no to mac t and yes to AV fir me...i stll have his back...same with luongo...not with raymond though...sorry mase...
they went 8-1-1 in the final stretch w/o Danny
and with how fucking shit the team played in the first 3 games, i doubt Daniel would be a "difference"
Old 04-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #28428
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Interesting to see that Burrows, Edler, Higgins and Lappy will in contract years next season and we all know how players play in their contract year.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #28429
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Honestly, I hope luongo stays. Luongo is surely not on a decline, and he has proved that he could win us games, just like schnieder.

If anything though, if schnieder leaves, then lack would be able to learn from luongo as well!

Just a possibility..
Old 04-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #28430

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
they went 8-1-1 in the final stretch w/o Danny
and with how fucking shit the team played in the first 3 games, i doubt Daniel would be a "difference"
Well considering those 7 of those 8 wins were against the likes of:

Dallas (2X)
Colorado (2X)
Calgary
Edmonton
Anaheim

That doesn't really say much. They played bottom feeding teams who were already out of a playoff spot. I still believe Danny would've made a difference if he played games 1, 2, and 3. You could see how the powerplay was in those games compared to the powerplay in game 4.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #28431

I feel like I'm in bizarro world. Never in franchise history have we had a debate on which goalie to keep.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #28432
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
dallas, colorado and calgary were all fighting hard for playoff spots. dallas was as high as 3rd in the west when we played them. the canucks actually knocked most of them out of the race.

i think the canucks were absolutely stunned by how LA was playing right off the bat in game 1-3 and it took a few games to adjust. daniel definitely helped but i dont know if he would have changed the first 3 games, i think we woulda still lost 2 of them, game 1 for sure. game 2 maybe the PP woulda ran better and we wouldn'ta coughed up those 2 shorties. the 1st line looked lost in the first 3 games with hank not having anyone to pass to.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #28433
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
LUUUUing at games is half the fun
SCHNOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Problem solved.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #28434
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Also, I have a feeling that regardless which goalie we end up trading, they're going to end up burning us at some point in the future...badly.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #28435
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
I don't think it'll be smart to automatically ship Lu out. Lu is a top goaltender who gets way too much flack/blame from Vancouver fans and media, ideally, my preference would be to go with Schneids.

Canucks should listen to offers for either and see who can get them the better return that will help them now, not 5+ years down the road or projects like Kassian. The Canucks window to win is now and IMO it be best to get pieces to help ASAP the next 2 seasons. If that means Schneids has to go, so be it, Lu is still a very capable top goalie. This is assuming all other teams are willing to offer for Lu are draft picks and prospects.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-24-2012, 05:51 PM   #28436
My homepage has been set to RS

^^

I feel exactly the same. At some point I feel as if the trade (whatever it may be) will screw us.

I'll be sad to see Lu go, I like the guy and think he's a talented goalie regardless of what other people think. Every goalie has their weak points - but with goalies in Vancouver (to the fanbase/media), weak points seem to outweigh the strong ones.

Last edited by kristianhay; 04-24-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #28437
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

the weak points of goalies here are the fans and media...by fans its the bandwagonners
Old 04-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #28438
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Florida had 6, 4, and 2 shots by period; That means in OT they will have 0 shots on net and in OT2 they will shoot twice on themselves.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #28439

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseBlue View Post
the weak points of goalies here are the fans and media...by fans its the bandwagonners
Yeah, was speaking to that. Pretty unfortunate. Couple interesting comments from Cory's agent.

Quote:
“The bar is awfully high for Roberto Luongo and when it doesn’t measure all the way up people are going to question him and unfortunately that is the nature of the beast. You just have to accept that.”

Liut said Schneider would be under the same microscope if he were to take over the top job with the Canucks.

“If they traded Roberto Luongo — and I think I read that someplace — then how Vancouver feels about Cory at some point next year would be more akin to how they feel about Roberto today,” Liut said. “Goaltenders are not left off the hook. You are the guy on the hot seat and it’s one of the hardest jobs going. There are a lot of things that happen.”
Full article: NHL playoffs 2012: Vancouver Canucks could keep Cory Schneider, Roberto Luongo, agent says | Sports | National Post
Old 04-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #28440

Overtime picks for this game?

I'll go ex-Canucks. Bernier and Jovo.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #28441

Hm, Versteeg and Kovalchuk.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #28442
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
Some interesting comments about Hodgson from MG

"I spent more time on Cody's issues than every other player combined on our team the last three years."

Canucks' Gillis explains reason behind trading Hodgson

Basically it sounds like he is more trouble than it's worth, and not a lot of teams would have offered much for him. That's why they got Kassian for him, and not someone of similar offensive caliber. Good riddance, if that is the case.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #28443
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
I pick Kovalchuk to win this overtime game for Jersey. For game 7, I predict that we will see toy rats on the ice after a Panthers win.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:19 PM   #28444
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

I don't know if there's a win-win situation here with the goalie issue. The obvious would be to keep one only.

The worse case scenario is to have both goalies not wanting to play for the Canucks. That would surely happen since the Canucks is always capable of surprising us.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #28445
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Florida had 6, 4, and 2 shots by period; That means in OT they will have 0 shots on net and in OT2 they will shoot twice on themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
I pick Kovalchuk to win this overtime game for Jersey.
I pick Versteeg to win the game for Jersey in OT2.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:23 PM   #28446

Another game 7.

Fuck you Zajac, you were injured all year for me in my pool!
Old 04-24-2012, 06:23 PM   #28447

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Some interesting comments about Hodgson from MG

"I spent more time on Cody's issues than every other player combined on our team the last three years."

Canucks' Gillis explains reason behind trading Hodgson

Basically it sounds like he is more trouble than it's worth, and not a lot of teams would have offered much for him. That's why they got Kassian for him, and not someone of similar offensive caliber. Good riddance, if that is the case.
Yeah, Cody sounds like a self-centered princess. Look at Jordan Staal - behind Crosby and Malkin and you don't hear him whining. On top of that, this was Cody's first season in the NHL. Ridiculous, you need to earn your spurs and not just EXPECT things.

Quote:
Ben Kuzma
To clarify, Kesler does have a shoulder injury and doctors will determine whether surgery is best option. Hurt it in February.
Kind of explains his lack luster performance.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #28448
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Game 7 in Florida. Hmmm, I'm changing my prediction. -hard to not pick Jersey winning. I think Marty Brodeur is gonna have a huge game. Kovalchuk is hungry for a playoff series win.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #28449
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,218 Times in 1,611 Posts
looks like Jersey won according to nhl.com

game 7 should be a good one
Spoiler!
Old 04-24-2012, 06:32 PM   #28450
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
woohoo new jersery!

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote: