REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #28651

Quote:
Originally Posted by noots View Post
Has anyone been following the Justin Schultz story? Top prospect that looks like he'll become a UFA. He's from Kelowna and his game is exactly what we'll need.
think theres 3 things that play into his situation.
1. he wants more money. if he goes the ufa route i think his elc gets 60k more a year
2. wants to play in canada, western canada from the rumors.
3. hes unhappy with the ducks because they traded away gardiner. his best friend and teammate in school.

many people believe he will end up going to edm as he will get time to shine there. other rumors are van and to a lesser extent toronto
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #28652
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndude69 View Post
holy fuck soo many racists peeps out there. but then again its america, why am I not surprised?

Hmm. I am a bit surprised. A friend of mine, a big Caucasian guy who is from Boston, said that he loves black women. He even told me "once you go black, you don't go back." Perhaps he is an exception to those racist fans.

Anyways, I'll tease him about his Bruins the next time I see him in the gym. If he wears his Marchand T-shirt, I'll tell him to change to his Celtics shirt, haha.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #28653
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Hes only 22 and defenceman takes time and discipline to find their game. We'll see which teams are on the list for luu then come up with assumptions.

Maybe ballard and Komisarek could swap too
Lol! You do not want Komisarek. In fact, Toronto would be willing to give komisarek with a free 4th rounder just to dump komisarek. The only piece vancouver could want from Toronto is honestly, Jake Gardiner. He's a good puck-mover. Schenn is untouchable, and so is Gardiner. It's also very unlikely Luongo is getting moved to Toronto since he's not going to do any better in Toronto.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #28654

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
I'd love the 5th overall pick from Toronto, swap it up to the 3rd overall and draft Grigorenko

Still a pipedream though
Old 04-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #28655
My homepage has been set to RS

Bieksa injury from the end of the season and into the playoffs.

Quote:
Kevin Bieksa doesn't like the injury excuse. But he has a good one.

The Vancouver Canucks defenceman admitted he played through an ailment down the stretch of the NHL regular season and into the playoffs but wouldn't identify the injury that had been bugging him for six weeks. It was thought to be a foot problem from a shot block, because he was often seen limping in the dressing room. However, it's in the abdominal region and that's why he became known as Mr. Maintenance before the postseason.

"We're still trying to determine what it is," Kurt Overhardt, the Denver-based agent for Bieksa said of what medical procedure will be followed in the offseason to repair damage in the midsection. "Everybody knows he doesn't like to take time off."

The fact that Bieksa actually played is somewhat comforting because the sports hernia injury that Dan Hamhuis suffered in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup final last June resulted in a major offseason procedure. It became obvious that Bieksa wasn't right because his battle level and ability to rotate and transition quickly was hampered in the Western Conference quarterfinal series against the Los Angeles Kings. Although he managed the winning goal in Game 4 — his only shot being a wrister from the point that struck Mike Richards and changed directions — there wasn't the usual torque in the torso or heavy follow-through. To his credit, Bieksa had 10 hits and 17 shots in the five-game series but was never right.

"Obviously, I was taking some practices off, so there were some maintenance issues there for sure," said Bieksa. "I had some problems, had my maintenance week and we did what we could to make it better for the playoffs."

Bieksa injury caused trouble for Canucks defenceman
Old 04-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #28656
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
^Hearing all these injury rumors, im kinda glad we got kicked out first round.

We would probably have been way more disappointed if we went deeper into the playoffs.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #28657
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Lu's team list report is a bit weird. Does this mean that MG has asked him to waive his NTC? It didn't sound like he was asking for a trade, and MG has gone on record to say he doesn't ask players to waive NTC's even though this is a unique situation. So...?

I'm also quite surprised that TML is on Lu's list... maybe working the Nonis/Burke connection there. There was also belief that Allaire would leave the goalie coach position in TO because of the goalies' performances this season. Lu can push them into the playoff mix, but a realistic chance at winning it all? The way this year's first round has gone, hey you never know. Maybe Lu is a betting man at the end of the day.

As for Justin Schultz, if he was going to sign with the Ducks, he would have done it already. Most seem to believe that Edmonton is the front runner due to their defensive needs and young core. He'd be a great fit in Vancouver with Salo looking like he may not return, but he'd also be a great fit on about 28 other teams with guaranteed 3 years entry level wage and likely top level performance.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #28658
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Komisarek isn't as bad as some make him out to be, its is $4.5 million that makes him seem much worse. Like Schenn, I would like to wait and see how he does under an actual defencive system with Carlyle before I completely write him off.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #28659
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
My guesses...

Toronto
Tampa Bay
Florida
New Jersey
Washington
San Jose
Old 04-25-2012, 10:04 PM   #28660

Don't think Washington needs Luongo with the emergence of Holtby

Same with San Jose with Niemi
Old 04-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #28661
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,273 Times in 1,631 Posts
San Jose is also a direct competitor.. I really don't think MG would trade Luongo to anyone in the West.
Spoiler!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:13 PM   #28662

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
San Jose is also a direct competitor.. I really don't think MG would trade Luongo to anyone in the West.
Agreed. I'd be PISSED if MG trades Luongo to a Western Conference rival like San Jose.

I can just see Lu getting extra motivated to play his former team, dominate and knock the Canucks out of the playoffs if he was to play them.

I'm getting ahead of myself though
Old 04-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #28663
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
DO NOT WANT SCHENN
as I see if, IF in fact either goalie gets moved
I think its about time we see a bonafide no1 Dman...
you know sometimes a whole bunch of no2s isn't gonna cut it
This post thanked by:
Old 04-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #28664

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
^I think we need a bonafide goal scorer cause scoring 2 or less goals a game in the playoffs isnt gonna cut it
Old 04-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #28665
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
^I think we need a bonafide goal scorer cause scoring 2 or less goals a game in the playoffs isnt gonna cut it
his name is Daniel Sedin..
The difference between a 30g to a 40g guy is astronomical in todays standards

Kesler is probably in the 30g range at best... just an honest opinion here

Even I think Kessel is a long shot for 40g
Old 04-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #28666
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,536 Times in 556 Posts
I don't religiously follow this thread, so I don't know if this is a repost, but... Bruins fans are classy.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:55 PM   #28667
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post

Did you watch the playoffs? Did you watch a Sharks game? Niemi was weak.

What...hot goaltender leads the Caps into the playoffs? Where have I heard this story before? Oh right, Varlamov. Unproven. Yes, he's awesome but if George McPhee bases his goaltending decision on the last month and chooses to go forward with a rookie goalie that wasn't even warming the bench to start the season? He's smarter than that. He's gone through this with Varly, Neuvirth, whatever. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes for a proven goalie like Lu.

STILL...yes, Washington is much less likely than Tampa, Jersey or Florida.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:59 PM   #28668
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaupunkt69 View Post
Komisarek isn't as bad as some make him out to be, its is $4.5 million that makes him seem much worse. Like Schenn, I would like to wait and see how he does under an actual defencive system with Carlyle before I completely write him off.
Wow someone actually saying Komisarek is decent? I'd take Rome over that chump any day of the week even if they made the same salary. Komisarek should pay 3/4's of his salary each year to Markov, cause thats who he got his contract.
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-25-2012, 11:15 PM   #28669

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Did you watch the playoffs? Did you watch a Sharks game? Niemi was weak.

What...hot goaltender leads the Caps into the playoffs? Where have I heard this story before? Oh right, Varlamov. Unproven. Yes, he's awesome but if George McPhee bases his goaltending decision on the last month and chooses to go forward with a rookie goalie that wasn't even warming the bench to start the season? He's smarter than that. He's gone through this with Varly, Neuvirth, whatever. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes for a proven goalie like Lu.

STILL...yes, Washington is much less likely than Tampa, Jersey or Florida.
Well.. in all honesty I only watch Canuck games and am reluctant to watch any other team

But I do know the stories of Niemi's inconsistency. I get what you're saying though. I just don't think San Jose is a realistic destination cause they have to ship off Niemi THEN acquire Luongo. Possible that San Jose ships Niemi to Chicago for anyone besides Crawford, but highly unlikely. In terms of "most likely to get Lu" rankings I could see these teams acquiring him:

1. Tampa Bay
2. Florida
3, New Jersey
4. Toronto
5. Washington
Old 04-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #28670
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Agreed. I'd be PISSED if MG trades Luongo to a Western Conference rival like San Jose.

I can just see Lu getting extra motivated to play his former team, dominate and knock the Canucks out of the playoffs if he was to play them.

I'm getting ahead of myself though
lol I highly doubt SJ will go after Luongo, he is better than Niemi but imo not another 10 years tacked on better, with Niemi they can probably buy him out if he sucks for another year and imo people just shit on Niemi cause his style is ugly as fuck but his stats, especially 5v5 are actually quite sturdy, so I don't see the need for Lu. Also, Sharks don't really have much to offer for Luongo they don't have any can't miss prospects, no high picks unless you consider their 15-18 pick this year. If roster player, its probably going to be Clowe, and I don't see how that would outbid the other teams on lu's list
Old 04-25-2012, 11:26 PM   #28671
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,811 Times in 8,187 Posts
Quote:

Plus no way are they going to ship him to a western team
Old 04-25-2012, 11:38 PM   #28672

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Wow someone actually saying Komisarek is decent? I'd take Rome over that chump any day of the week even if they made the same salary. Komisarek should pay 3/4's of his salary each year to Markov, cause thats who he got his contract.
Read again, I never said he was decent. I said he wasn't as bad as some make him out to be. Meaning, as far as NHL defencemen go, he wasn't terrible, but his massive contract factors into much of the criticism. If he was making a 1/3rd of what he makes, then he could be considered a little closer to decent. Some nights he was the best player out there for the Leafs. He is capable of more, and under an actual defencive system, he might get closer to earning that $4.5 million.

Last edited by Bouncing Bettys; 04-25-2012 at 11:46 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:57 PM   #28673
...in the world.

The only reason I bring up SJ is because that's the only realistic Western team where he could go. He won't go to Columbus since he wants to win, all the other Central teams are covered for goaltending except maybe Chicago. Gillis won't want to face Lu 6 times a year so he won't be traded within the division, which leaves the Pacific and Phoenix, LA, Dallas and Anaheim seem more set than SJ.

SJ will be undergoing a change this off-season...they have to. Don't you think there's a possibility they could ship one of their forwards for Lu?

Lu will probably go East but there's always the possibility. In order of likelihood, I'd say Tampa, Florida, NJ, Toronto, Washington, SJ, NYI.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:00 AM   #28674
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Komisarek?
wtf are you smoking...
This post thanked by:
Old 04-26-2012, 12:05 AM   #28675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
SJ will be undergoing a change this off-season...they have to. Don't you think there's a possibility they could ship one of their forwards for Lu?
Well, it's possible Lu might list San Jose as a destination he'd like to be traded. BUT it still won't happen. Highly unlikely MG trades Lu to a rival within the Western Conference. Unless San Jose offers something he can't refuse like Couture, it just won't happen.