REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-23-2016, 06:03 AM   #1751
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Does anyone run a rear camera with tinted windows? Is it completely worthless at night or still fairly functional?

Alternatively I need to add a back up camera to my Jeep anyways, so I'm wondering if there are any dual channel setups that either have a waterproof rear camera that can mount outside, or allow the rear channel to come from any camera?
Still fairly functional on my car. I have the Blackvue DR550GW and 35% tint.
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2017, 05:44 PM   #1752
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Kind of a late post but pretty fucking disrespectful.
Saw this guy driving on Cambie today and remembered I had this video lying around.
These guys ran off as soon as I hit the remote but I managed to get the guys plate.
I put in a 2 channel dashcam but there's no point looking out the back as the car has louvers so I rotated it to face the front.

ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-15-2017, 06:24 PM   #1753
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
she has a ring on her left hand that she had pressed up on your hood
at least she's not on your hood with stilleto heels.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

Last edited by GLOW; 01-16-2017 at 03:06 PM. Reason: :drunk: fail
GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:18 PM   #1754
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
The reason why I don't park my Lambo randomly on some street. I usually park underground or try to valet but even that's not safe nowadays.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:45 PM   #1755
F**K YOUR HEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
The reason why I don't park my Lambo randomly on some street. I usually park underground or try to valet but even that's not safe nowadays.
Yeah first thing I did was get the clear bra for the front/hood/sides. This was after a weekend of tracking at Area 27 and 1000km of sitting on an open trailer behind my dieselgate touareg so the car was covered in dust inside and out. Wouldve done a bit of damage if someone was rubbing their ass over that dust on exposed paint.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:17 AM   #1756
My homepage has been set to RS

Anyone know if the Blackvue DR 400G HD camera needs a 2.1mm male plug? Need a new cigarette lighter - 12v dc cable
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:23 AM   #1757
F**K YOUR HEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
Anyone know if the Blackvue DR 400G HD camera needs a 2.1mm male plug? Need a new cigarette lighter - 12v dc cable
Could just be a blown glass fuse (6mm x 30mm), my DR650 has two of these fuses, one in the plug and one in the wire. Not sure what the spec of that cable is though as far as the plug size.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:46 PM   #1758
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Any good places to get a dashcam installed?
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:54 AM   #1759
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
What ever happened to ASR? Wasn't that guy selling and installing dashcams?
extracrunchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:02 AM   #1760
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by extracrunchie View Post
What ever happened to ASR? Wasn't that guy selling and installing dashcams?
from what i am gathering from this link he has gone to china? https://www.revscene.net/forums/6894...lackvue-4.html

i'm not sure if this is the correct contact: https://www.facebook.com/pg/Artofspe...4575411/about/
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 01-19-2017 at 08:09 AM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:31 AM   #1761
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,902 Posts
The obvious, Sponsors?

RPM - Dash Cameras

Soundsgood - SoundsGood Auto Services - We Care About Our Customers
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-19-2017, 08:42 AM   #1762
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
SpeedSyndicate
mdnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 01:50 PM   #1763
F**K YOUR HEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
BPG in Richmond also does it: https://www.revscene.net/forums/7098...ng-%24129.html
Old 01-19-2017, 06:48 PM   #1764
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Got hit and run today. I had a mental melt down at the time and didn't stop my car immediately and the other driver took off. I didn't even know I got hit, I thought I hit a bump in the road. Minor damage to the driver side of my rear bumper.

Front and rear dash cameras got the guy's plate and shows him side swiping/rear ending me and so hopefully that will bail me out with ICBC. Won't post any vids til my case with ICBC is done.

Surprised people even try to take off, now that almost everyone has a dash camera. I guess the penalties are pretty low. If the police/ICBC contact them, they can just admit fault and probably just have to deal with the insurance charges rather than get charged for hit and run, leaving the scene, etc.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 08:39 AM   #1765
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Does anyone actually know the penalties if caught for hit and run?
When my car got hit and run, ICBC had my dashcam video for evidence and contacted my witness (who's my coworker) and he told me when ICBC contacted him, they said the guy denied hitting my car despite the video evidence. wtf? lol.

A few weeks after that, I just receive a cheque from ICBC in my mail reimbursing my deductible.

No real closure, and information is all confidential...
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:20 AM   #1766
F**K YOUR HEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
When my car got hit and run, ICBC had my dashcam video for evidence and contacted my witness (who's my coworker) and he told me when ICBC contacted him, they said the guy denied hitting my car despite the video evidence. wtf? lol.

A few weeks after that, I just receive a cheque from ICBC in my mail reimbursing my deductible.

No real closure, and information is all confidential...
In my experience there's basically nothing, police/icbc can't really be bothered with the paperwork. Perhaps it can be escalated but I guess most people just want their car fixed and deductible waived.
IMO intent is also hard to prove, e.g., if a truck backs into you they might not even know it
Old 01-20-2017, 10:29 AM   #1767
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
In my experience there's basically nothing, police/icbc can't really be bothered with the paperwork. Perhaps it can be escalated but I guess most people just want their car fixed and deductible waived.
IMO intent is also hard to prove, e.g., if a truck backs into you they might not even know it
haha, in my scenario. The guy got out, examined the damage, then shook his head with a expression, and then quickly got back in and left.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2017, 11:32 AM   #1768

Seems like if as long as no one got hurt, then there are no real repercussions from leaving the scene of the accident. If you get caught, just pay what you owe and carry on.

I phoned the police non-emergency line since the ICBC site for hit and runs said I should. The person taking the call wasn't interested in taking my info, until I told them I had a car description and plate #. They gave me a case #, and a few hours later, the VPD called back, told me to go thru ICBC and that they weren't going to do anything with the case.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:19 PM   #1769
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMASA View Post
Got hit and run today. I had a mental melt down at the time and didn't stop my car immediately and the other driver took off. I didn't even know I got hit, I thought I hit a bump in the road. Minor damage to the driver side of my rear bumper.

Front and rear dash cameras got the guy's plate and shows him side swiping/rear ending me and so hopefully that will bail me out with ICBC. Won't post any vids til my case with ICBC is done.

Surprised people even try to take off, now that almost everyone has a dash camera. I guess the penalties are pretty low. If the police/ICBC contact them, they can just admit fault and probably just have to deal with the insurance charges rather than get charged for hit and run, leaving the scene, etc.
most likely the case. when I had my hit and run, which I also have a dashcam footage for evidence, ICBC tried contacting them for 2 weeks without any replies. one day my adjuster calls me and tells me to just go get my car repaired. i guess the other party finally admitted to fault.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 05:38 PM   #1770
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:
Seems like if as long as no one got hurt, then there are no real repercussions from leaving the scene of the accident. If you get caught, just pay what you owe and carry on.

I phoned the police non-emergency line since the ICBC site for hit and runs said I should. The person taking the call wasn't interested in taking my info, until I told them I had a car description and plate #. They gave me a case #, and a few hours later, the VPD called back, told me to go thru ICBC and that they weren't going to do anything with the case.
Kind of brutal. It practically gives people more incentive to just run. It's like, just take the chance and if you get caught, oh well, you were going to pay the same anyway if you owed up to it and left a note.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:53 PM   #1771
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
From the police perspective there has to be burden of proof.. so you must at least have the description and license plate # for them to do anything. One time a 18 wheeler clipped my mirror, I voice recorded the plate number and the company the truck was with.. I recited the number to the dispatcher (it was on highway so RCMP).. the person was nice enough to verify the number.

RCMP is not going to send a squad car to hunt down a hit and run driver unless someone ends up at the hospital.

I also forwarded the video to the company, the company got the employee to admit fault.

Quote:

godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:56 PM   #1772
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Except if the cop car just happen to witness it yes.. that's the chance the driver would have to take.

Quote:
Kind of brutal. It practically gives people more incentive to just run. It's like, just take the chance and if you get caught, oh well, you were going to pay the same anyway if you owed up to it and left a note.

godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:02 PM   #1773

Quote:
Alright, ICBC called me and it sounds like I have a pretty cool adjuster. She reviewed my video, says the other guy is 100% at fault and was pleased my video was pretty good at showing what happened.

This case might have been a small win for the adjuster, she was pretty happy. Told me she was going to call the other driver up and not tell them she has dash cam video. If they deny, then she's gonna say "HA, I got you on camera!".
I asked her a few questions about what happens in a hit and run situation.

1. If you hit and run and you are caught, you void the terms of your insurance so ICBC will not pay for any repairs to your vehicle.

2. If you deny you were involved in a hit and run when contacted by ICBC and ICBC has evidence like dash cam video, then ICBC plays nasty and will go after you for the cost of repairs for the damage you caused to the other party and/or other fines/tickets.

Last edited by IMASA; 01-23-2017 at 01:03 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2017, 03:28 PM   #1774
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
2. If you deny you were involved in a hit and run when contacted by ICBC and ICBC has evidence like dash cam video, then ICBC plays nasty and will go after you for the cost of repairs for the damage you caused to the other party and/or other fines/tickets.
even if the person at fault did admit, aren't they still liable to pay for the damages to the victim's vehicle? so what exactly is the difference lol??
you! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 05:43 PM   #1775
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I noticed he was going, he tried to cut past the downhill traffic multiple times as well. If the person in my shoes didn't notice he was going, who would be at fault if there was a collision?
Oshiguru is offline   Reply With Quote