REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2011, 06:02 PM   #26
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
 
Splmash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,409
Thanked 641 Times in 231 Posts
Eat better, workout more & STFU.
Advertisement
__________________
i bleed indigo.
Splmash is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 07:07 PM   #27
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
BlueTeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 604
Posts: 97
Thanked 15 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alar View Post
"specifically turn my abdominal fat into muscle"

There is no such thing as spot reduction. It is a complete myth. Also, I think you are getting the wrong idea from what people are saying although it is correct. Doing squats and dead lifts while incorporating cardio will be the best and most efficient way of shedding fat off your body as well as burning the most calories and producing/distributing the most lean muscle/testosterone.

Your ab routine should be performed after your workout as well, if at all. Most of my clients do ab work once a week and only 2 sets at that.The reason why people are recommending squats and dead lifts is because it involves intense core work, and produces the best gains. Excessive floor crunching can hinder your abdominal wall and potentially shorten the muscle head, will pull your head forward and encourage poor posture. Working your lower back from dead lifts will help greatly in bringing in and tightening your abdominals. Squats are key for a hard body.

Listen to what these guys are saying, it's all true.
Thanks for the ONLY informative post that goes into detail without saying " do this and this and this" without saying WHY. You have all been noobs with exercising, don't act like mr. born with this knowledge/condescending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
...Is OP a girl that wants abs [wtf?] or a man that wants abs and is a couple to another man?
I am a man, and I have a male partner/boyfriend whatever you want to call him. How old are you to be ignorant of gay relationships, especially in Vancouver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUPPY View Post
OP, i have a six pack and i don't do toe reaches. mad?

No.
BlueTeg is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 07:33 PM   #28
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
sonick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Revscene
Posts: 7,386
Thanked 4,998 Times in 1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTeg View Post
I am a man, and I have a male partner/boyfriend whatever you want to call him. How old are you to be ignorant of gay relationships, especially in Vancouver.
You must learn to realize a large percentage of Revscene is under 19 years old.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyxx View Post
Sonick is a genius. I won't go into detail what's so great about his post. But it's damn good!
1999 Mazda Miata - Weekend Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Current
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 08:40 PM   #29
How I Mod your mother
 
!Yaminashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Crayon Box
Posts: 13,671
Thanked 968 Times in 474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTeg View Post
Thanks for the ONLY informative post that goes into detail without saying " do this and this and this" without saying WHY. You have all been noobs with exercising, don't act like mr. born with this knowledge/condescending.
Yeah, we're all noobs cause we did our research and learned that doing ab work isnt doing anything

I think your comment about people not having abs/being fat saying abs are overrated was ignorant.

You know why they're overrated? Cause not many people care about having hawt abz. Nobody goes to the gym JUST to do ab work. If they do they should GTFO and stop taking up space.

In the grand scheme of things they dont really matter, its purely aesthetics imo.
Nobody was being condescending, we stated the facts. Intense core work with a good diet will get you results 10x faster than doing crunch after crunch.

Why do you need scientific proof for a post to be "informative"? Why do people have to state why intense core work and diet should be principles when trying to lean out when its a known basic fact?
__________________
Quote:
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
Crayon

Last edited by !Yaminashi; 08-30-2011 at 08:46 PM.
!Yaminashi is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 08-30-2011, 08:53 PM   #30
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
BlueTeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 604
Posts: 97
Thanked 15 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Yaminashi View Post
Yeah, we're all noobs cause we did our research and learned that doing ab work isnt doing anything

I think your comment about people not having abs/being fat saying abs are overrated was ignorant.

You know why they're overrated? Cause not many people care about having hawt abz. Nobody goes to the gym JUST to do ab work. If they do they should GTFO and stop taking up space.

In the grand scheme of things they dont really matter, its purely aesthetics imo.
Nobody was being condescending, we stated the facts. Intense core work with a good diet will get you results 10x faster than doing crunch after crunch.

Why do you need scientific proof for a post to be "informative"? Why do people have to state why intense core work and diet should be principles when trying to lean out when its a known basic fact?
Tell me one person with abs that say "abs don't matter"... The fact that someone would restrict their diet so they have a bodyfat % of <10% means they care about their looks. I bet most of you workout to look good and brag to a certain degree how much you can lift.. so saying people who work out to look good or gtfo is hypocritical.. I bet most people in the gym work out to look good, or else you wouldn't see people who work out, then have a smoke right after.

I was not calling you a noob, hun. I was stating that you were all noobs at one point, and probably had the same thinking that most people do when they first start working out.

It does not have to be scientific, but explanations like "abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym" doesn't help.
BlueTeg is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 09:06 PM   #31
How I Mod your mother
 
!Yaminashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Crayon Box
Posts: 13,671
Thanked 968 Times in 474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTeg View Post
Tell me one person with abs that say "abs don't matter"... The fact that someone would restrict their diet so they have a bodyfat % of <10% means they care about their looks. I bet most of you workout to look good and brag to a certain degree how much you can lift.. so saying people who work out to look good or gtfo is hypocritical.. I bet most people in the gym work out to look good, or else you wouldn't see people who work out, then have a smoke right after.

I was not calling you a noob, hun. I was stating that you were all noobs at one point, and probably had the same thinking that most people do when they first start working out.

It does not have to be scientific, but explanations like "abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym" doesn't help.
Sure! I've got a few friends as well as a brother that have low bodyfat and have abs, do they care? NO. The only thing they say is, "i wish my deadlift went up," or some sort of other compound exercise that benefits them physically because they're training for strength.

I'm willing to bet that 90% of guys at the gym that have abs would gladly trade them for more mass.

The ones who spend half the time flexing in front of a mirror looking like tools are the ones that train to look good. Alot of people focus too much on the results and less on the work.

But this is all my opinion, and its a bit of a moot point now that you've gotten your answer.
__________________
Quote:
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
Crayon
!Yaminashi is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 09:21 PM   #32
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,423
Thanked 1,470 Times in 562 Posts
If you want abs then burn more calories in a day than you consume and wait till you burn off the fat that is hiding them. Obviously continue to work out hard so you don't lose the muscles you already have.

The fact is whether you are trying to lose weight or bulk up, eating the right amount of food is what will get you there. Lifting a shitload of weight won't make you bigger if you dont feed your muscles just like abs won't show if you have flab over them.
MarkyMark is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 09:48 PM   #33
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
jeffh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: kelowna
Posts: 4,794
Thanked 470 Times in 165 Posts
its like Halo always says, its 100% in the gym, and 100% in the kitchen

all the crunches in the world arent going to give you abs if you diet is structured wrong

all these people are saying is "want abs? look to your diet first"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
Ugliness and fatness are genetic disorders, much like baldness or necrophilia, and it's only your fault if you don't hate yourself enough to do something about it.
jeffh is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 09:58 PM   #34
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Surrey
Posts: 377
Thanked 38 Times in 28 Posts
I care for my abs to a certain level, but not to a point where i would sacrifice mass/bulking for abs
If you do end up caring for them, then follow what everyone's being saying to you ; look at your diet. Eat clean, and get to >10% body fat. Abs dont require a lot of workout, its diet.
If your going to continue to bitch , then don't bother coming here.
mkings is offline  
Old 08-30-2011, 10:33 PM   #35
.
 
jeedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,725
Thanked 5,416 Times in 2,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTeg View Post
I am a man, and I have a male partner/boyfriend whatever you want to call him. How old are you to be ignorant of gay relationships, especially in Vancouver.
And how ignorant are you not to know how to get abs
__________________
Buy/Sell FeedBack: (21-0-1)
jeedee is offline  
Old 08-31-2011, 01:02 AM   #36
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3
 
?NR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Internet
Posts: 7,254
Thanked 1,014 Times in 440 Posts
everyone, take a step back and chill out please.To each and their own

op: unfortunately criticism will follow with any sort of inquiry these days on any webforum. My best advice is to absorb the useful information to you, and just go with those and not mind with what doesn't work with your own opinions. Whether you think abs are important, or deadlifts are more...in the end, do what works for you as it is your body and what you want.

and you are correct, everyone started as a noob before. I'm not siding with anyone. I just don't want any hostility on these forums.

thanks.
?NR is offline  
Old 08-31-2011, 01:37 AM   #37
My homepage has been set to RS
 
RayBot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Richmond
Posts: 2,424
Thanked 95 Times in 65 Posts
Have you tried cyanide?

Works great.
RayBot is offline  
Old 08-31-2011, 07:21 AM   #38
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
BlueTeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 604
Posts: 97
Thanked 15 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Oni KyoKan View Post
everyone, take a step back and chill out please.To each and their own

op: unfortunately criticism will follow with any sort of inquiry these days on any webforum. My best advice is to absorb the useful information to you, and just go with those and not mind with what doesn't work with your own opinions. Whether you think abs are important, or deadlifts are more...in the end, do what works for you as it is your body and what you want.

and you are correct, everyone started as a noob before. I'm not siding with anyone. I just don't want any hostility on these forums.

thanks.
thank you for post, and understanding, hun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBot View Post
Have you tried cyanide?

Works great.

it's what your mom should have fed you when you were born.
BlueTeg is offline  
Old 08-31-2011, 07:25 AM   #39
My homepage has been set to RS
 
RayBot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Richmond
Posts: 2,424
Thanked 95 Times in 65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTeg View Post
thank you for post, and understanding, hun.




it's what your mom should have fed you when you were born.



Ahhh....the mom jokes, no need to reply to that....you just proved you're no smarter than a 5th grader.
RayBot is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net