REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 05:02 PM   #26
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Eat better, workout more & STFU.
Advertisement
Old 08-30-2011, 06:07 PM   #27
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alar View Post
"specifically turn my abdominal fat into muscle"

There is no such thing as spot reduction. It is a complete myth. Also, I think you are getting the wrong idea from what people are saying although it is correct. Doing squats and dead lifts while incorporating cardio will be the best and most efficient way of shedding fat off your body as well as burning the most calories and producing/distributing the most lean muscle/testosterone.

Your ab routine should be performed after your workout as well, if at all. Most of my clients do ab work once a week and only 2 sets at that.The reason why people are recommending squats and dead lifts is because it involves intense core work, and produces the best gains. Excessive floor crunching can hinder your abdominal wall and potentially shorten the muscle head, will pull your head forward and encourage poor posture. Working your lower back from dead lifts will help greatly in bringing in and tightening your abdominals. Squats are key for a hard body.

Listen to what these guys are saying, it's all true.
Thanks for the ONLY informative post that goes into detail without saying " do this and this and this" without saying WHY. You have all been noobs with exercising, don't act like mr. born with this knowledge/condescending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
...Is OP a girl that wants abs [wtf?] or a man that wants abs and is a couple to another man?
I am a man, and I have a male partner/boyfriend whatever you want to call him. How old are you to be ignorant of gay relationships, especially in Vancouver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUPPY View Post
OP, i have a six pack and i don't do toe reaches. mad?

No.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:33 PM   #28
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,187 Times in 2,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTeg View Post
I am a man, and I have a male partner/boyfriend whatever you want to call him. How old are you to be ignorant of gay relationships, especially in Vancouver.
You must learn to realize a large percentage of Revscene is under 19 years old.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
Old 08-30-2011, 07:40 PM   #29
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Thanks for the ONLY informative post that goes into detail without saying " do this and this and this" without saying WHY. You have all been noobs with exercising, don't act like mr. born with this knowledge/condescending.
Yeah, we're all noobs cause we did our research and learned that doing ab work isnt doing anything

I think your comment about people not having abs/being fat saying abs are overrated was ignorant.

You know why they're overrated? Cause not many people care about having hawt abz. Nobody goes to the gym JUST to do ab work. If they do they should GTFO and stop taking up space.

In the grand scheme of things they dont really matter, its purely aesthetics imo.
Nobody was being condescending, we stated the facts. Intense core work with a good diet will get you results 10x faster than doing crunch after crunch.

Why do you need scientific proof for a post to be "informative"? Why do people have to state why intense core work and diet should be principles when trying to lean out when its a known basic fact?
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla

Last edited by !Yaminashi; 08-30-2011 at 07:46 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-30-2011, 07:53 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Yaminashi View Post
Yeah, we're all noobs cause we did our research and learned that doing ab work isnt doing anything

I think your comment about people not having abs/being fat saying abs are overrated was ignorant.

You know why they're overrated? Cause not many people care about having hawt abz. Nobody goes to the gym JUST to do ab work. If they do they should GTFO and stop taking up space.

In the grand scheme of things they dont really matter, its purely aesthetics imo.
Nobody was being condescending, we stated the facts. Intense core work with a good diet will get you results 10x faster than doing crunch after crunch.

Why do you need scientific proof for a post to be "informative"? Why do people have to state why intense core work and diet should be principles when trying to lean out when its a known basic fact?
Tell me one person with abs that say "abs don't matter"... The fact that someone would restrict their diet so they have a bodyfat % of <10% means they care about their looks. I bet most of you workout to look good and brag to a certain degree how much you can lift.. so saying people who work out to look good or gtfo is hypocritical.. I bet most people in the gym work out to look good, or else you wouldn't see people who work out, then have a smoke right after.

I was not calling you a noob, hun. I was stating that you were all noobs at one point, and probably had the same thinking that most people do when they first start working out.

It does not have to be scientific, but explanations like "abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym" doesn't help.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:06 PM   #31
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Tell me one person with abs that say "abs don't matter"... The fact that someone would restrict their diet so they have a bodyfat % of <10% means they care about their looks. I bet most of you workout to look good and brag to a certain degree how much you can lift.. so saying people who work out to look good or gtfo is hypocritical.. I bet most people in the gym work out to look good, or else you wouldn't see people who work out, then have a smoke right after.

I was not calling you a noob, hun. I was stating that you were all noobs at one point, and probably had the same thinking that most people do when they first start working out.

It does not have to be scientific, but explanations like "abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym" doesn't help.
Sure! I've got a few friends as well as a brother that have low bodyfat and have abs, do they care? NO. The only thing they say is, "i wish my deadlift went up," or some sort of other compound exercise that benefits them physically because they're training for strength.

I'm willing to bet that 90% of guys at the gym that have abs would gladly trade them for more mass.

The ones who spend half the time flexing in front of a mirror looking like tools are the ones that train to look good. Alot of people focus too much on the results and less on the work.

But this is all my opinion, and its a bit of a moot point now that you've gotten your answer.
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
Old 08-30-2011, 08:21 PM   #32
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
If you want abs then burn more calories in a day than you consume and wait till you burn off the fat that is hiding them. Obviously continue to work out hard so you don't lose the muscles you already have.

The fact is whether you are trying to lose weight or bulk up, eating the right amount of food is what will get you there. Lifting a shitload of weight won't make you bigger if you dont feed your muscles just like abs won't show if you have flab over them.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:48 PM   #33
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

its like Halo always says, its 100% in the gym, and 100% in the kitchen

all the crunches in the world arent going to give you abs if you diet is structured wrong

all these people are saying is "want abs? look to your diet first"
Old 08-30-2011, 08:58 PM   #34
Banned (ABWS)

I care for my abs to a certain level, but not to a point where i would sacrifice mass/bulking for abs
If you do end up caring for them, then follow what everyone's being saying to you ; look at your diet. Eat clean, and get to >10% body fat. Abs dont require a lot of workout, its diet.
If your going to continue to bitch , then don't bother coming here.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:33 PM   #35

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
And how ignorant are you not to know how to get abs
Old 08-31-2011, 12:02 AM   #36
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

Thanked 1,024 Times in 444 Posts
everyone, take a step back and chill out please.To each and their own

op: unfortunately criticism will follow with any sort of inquiry these days on any webforum. My best advice is to absorb the useful information to you, and just go with those and not mind with what doesn't work with your own opinions. Whether you think abs are important, or deadlifts are more...in the end, do what works for you as it is your body and what you want.

and you are correct, everyone started as a noob before. I'm not siding with anyone. I just don't want any hostility on these forums.

thanks.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:37 AM   #37
My homepage has been set to RS

Have you tried cyanide?

Works great.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:21 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Oni KyoKan View Post
everyone, take a step back and chill out please.To each and their own

op: unfortunately criticism will follow with any sort of inquiry these days on any webforum. My best advice is to absorb the useful information to you, and just go with those and not mind with what doesn't work with your own opinions. Whether you think abs are important, or deadlifts are more...in the end, do what works for you as it is your body and what you want.

and you are correct, everyone started as a noob before. I'm not siding with anyone. I just don't want any hostility on these forums.

thanks.
thank you for post, and understanding, hun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBot View Post
Have you tried cyanide?

Works great.

it's what your mom should have fed you when you were born.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:25 AM   #39
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
thank you for post, and understanding, hun.

it's what your mom should have fed you when you were born.

Ahhh....the mom jokes, no need to reply to that....you just proved you're no smarter than a 5th grader.
Closed Thread