REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official No Need To Start a New Thread, Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/653341-official-no-need-start-new-thread-thread.html)

Sid Vicious 01-14-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meowjinboo (Post 8397247)
just my clique in van was shit. Viet girls with fake tits. Here there are tons of DTE white girls.

I've honestly met like 9 girls here that I talk to on a regular basis here and thats more than I've had in Vancouver in the last 4 years.

Also no Idea why, but my okcupid profile has literally been getting 10 messeges a day from different girls. Hahaha lets see If I can land anything before I move.

fair enough, thats why i would never date asian girls lol

sonick 01-14-2014 02:27 PM

Video released of SkyTrain sex assault suspect | CTV British Columbia News

Scumbag.

racerman88 01-14-2014 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3thods (Post 8397163)
^Good to know, thanks!

I remember searching a year or two back because I bought a bunch of electronics. The only hit was London Drugs, and that's only if you bought the items from them.

It's great to see the GVRD accepting more in their recycling programs. I'm not a super hippy, but it was frustrating to have to throw syrofoam in with regular garbage and run out of space before pickup lol

London drugs takes any styrofoam. We dropped off some last year at marine and byrne road and they took them no questions asked.

shawnly1000 01-15-2014 05:35 PM

Quote:

On average there are eight bribery attempts made each year. The amount involved in the attempted briberies ranges from $50 to more than $300.
Drivers found attempting to bribe ICBC employees: CBC investigation - British Columbia - CBC News

fliptuner 01-15-2014 05:49 PM

$50-$300 :rofl:

I guess people too stupid to pass are also too stupid to realize how much it takes to make it worth the tester's risk.

Hondaracer 01-15-2014 06:21 PM

So I went into kal tire today to get my truck tires rotated (which I bought from them at this location)

Everything went fine until the sales guy I was dealing with came out with a lug bolt and a lug nut off my passenger side front wheel

He tells me they torqued them to spec and this one bolt basically sheared in half, he then says it will probably run me $80 to fix

I was in a hurry and knew I had extra bolts at home but when I think about it I'm kinda like wtf..u guys fix it

He pointed out on the threads that they were slightly stretched and showed fatigue which I could agree with

Thoughts?
Posted via RS Mobile

ceeteezy 01-15-2014 08:23 PM

is anyone familiar with the medical service plan premium and can explain to me why as of Jan 2014 we have to submit a monthly payment for coverage?

Hondaracer 01-15-2014 09:11 PM

probably because whatever existing coverage you were covered under expired

ceeteezy 01-15-2014 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8400404)
probably because whatever existing coverage you were covered under expired

But I thought healthcare was free in Canada..:suspicious:

Zedbra 01-15-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christruong (Post 8400456)

Federal government pays for most, then each province decides if they need to charge additional funds to sustain the system. Here in BC, we pay monthly. Welcome to the real world

m3thods 01-15-2014 10:08 PM

Quote:

MEDICAL SERVICES PLAN (MSP)
The Medical Services Plan pays for medically required services
of physicians and surgeons and for dental or oral surgery when
medically required to be performed in a hospital. MSP also
provides coverage for other health benefits – see Additional
Benefits section of brochure for details. MSP is administered
by Health Insurance BC (HIBC). For more information, visit
Health Insurance - Ministry of Health
Compare the monthly fees for MSP to a hospital stay in the US sans insurance. You'll gladly pay MSP fees after that comparison. Think of MSP as a fee that you have to pay in order to access the free hospital stays you're entitled to. Small price to pay if you ask me.

Here's the rest of the MSP brochure:

http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/info...p-brochure.pdf

ceeteezy 01-15-2014 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3thods (Post 8400494)
Compare the monthly fees for MSP to a hospital stay in the US sans insurance. You'll gladly pay MSP fees after that comparison. Think of MSP as a fee that you have to pay in order to access the free hospital stays you're entitled to. Small price to pay if you ask me.

Its odd though that this is the first time I'm being billed and I'm 23. I don't recall opting out of any healthcare coverage program? Was there a change in policy? does tuition student health plan cover this? I'm also being billed for a new application for MSP.. why am I a new applicant now?

m3thods 01-15-2014 10:33 PM

Ending school is a usual one. If you were covered under your parents, then some plans will cover to something like 26. You can check your school plan to see if it's covered. Though I think if you're a FT student you just call them to tell them that you are one and they waive it. But I might be wrong with that, so double check.

Like Zedbra said, welcome to the real world :(

yray 01-15-2014 11:28 PM

Still waiting for mine :okay:

GLOW 01-16-2014 08:20 AM

i think m3thods is correct. while in post secondary you're still covered under parents.

MG1 01-16-2014 09:49 AM

until 26 years of age, right?

While you guys are under your parents' extended health plan, take advantage of it. Go get your teeth looked after/fixed, go for regular checkups, etc. Your parents are paying for it, so you might as well get their money's worth. My children neglected to do this. Now that they are on their own, they are screwed. Except for one, who has coverage from work.

When I say your parents are paying for it, it depends on your parents' extended health coverage - what percentage your parents pay and what percentage their employer pays. In the end it's all part of negotiated wages and benefits.

The government takes care of basic health in this country, but it's not enough. Extended health coverage does the rest. I feel for those who either don't have a shared plan through work, or cannot afford individual extended coverage.

The Canadian health care system is not perfect, but compare it to the US and we're in pretty good shape. If you have a loved one living with cancer or a permanent condition, you will be thanking your lucky stars you live in Canada.

Having said that, there are so many people out there ripping off our health care system. When I went to get my new Care Card, I was told there are three times the number of care cards out there as there are people living in this province. People are using multiple cards by using aliases. After hearing that, I didn't mind answering all the security questions and going through the extra steps. I don't mind paying taxes for health care, as long as it goes to pay for the treatment of people who are legit, live here, and pay taxes.

Freeloaders need to GTFO!

shawnly1000 01-16-2014 11:26 AM

LOLL

Call of Duty dispute escalates into bomb, hostage hoax | CTV British Columbia News

SpeedStars 01-16-2014 12:21 PM

Them 1v1 quickscopes are serious business
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/3d/3d5a...fc7994b92e.jpg

sonick 01-16-2014 03:04 PM

The lengths people go to sell a multi-million dollar mansion:

Whispers from the Edge of the Rainforest: 2290 Saxony Court: the latest fake mansion picture poster child

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HeQRHjQ5CT...8/s1600/1a.png

is supposed to be:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BsCG0jDvf_...7.12.23+PM.png

shawnly1000 01-16-2014 07:38 PM

Cooollll

Official Blog: Introducing our smart contact lens project

Quote:

The lens is being developed specifically to help track blood glucose levels for diabetics, as an alternative to the painful pricking-of-the-finger that diabetics must endure today.

And yes, Google is talking to the FDA about these lenses.

The lens has "chips and sensors so small they look like bits of glitter, and an antenna thinner than a human hair." Google is hoping to add tiny LED lights to it that could flash if glucose levels aren't what they should be.

Google X Smart Contact Lens - Business Insider

shawnly1000 01-17-2014 03:42 PM

Teacher Rickrolled by inspired quantum physics essay - Weird News - News - The Independent

Hondaracer 01-17-2014 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8400251)
So I went into kal tire today to get my truck tires rotated (which I bought from them at this location)

Everything went fine until the sales guy I was dealing with came out with a lug bolt and a lug nut off my passenger side front wheel

He tells me they torqued them to spec and this one bolt basically sheared in half, he then says it will probably run me $80 to fix

I was in a hurry and knew I had extra bolts at home but when I think about it I'm kinda like wtf..u guys fix it

He pointed out on the threads that they were slightly stretched and showed fatigue which I could agree with

Thoughts?
Posted via RS Mobile

So I tweeted kal tire the situation, they gave me an email address to email them the story

3 hours later the same guy I dealt with phones me up and books me in to fix the stud for free lol

Twitter is great for holding feet to the fire if they use social media
Posted via RS Mobile

nabs 01-17-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christruong (Post 8400456)

I Had the same wtf moment when I got my first bill.

nabs 01-17-2014 04:43 PM

I'm sure the 5 per year are the only ones that are reported. What about those other ones that can be bought? That don't report it, keep the money and sell drivers licenses?

Too many unsafe drivers on the road nowadays. The road test is 99% about safety on the road I don't see how some people have a drivers license when they don't have sense of whats going on around them. But I'm glad there are honest testers out there.

Ludepower 01-17-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3thods (Post 8400494)

Dont sugar coat it. It's a tax on a tax. Bend Over.