REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official No Need To Start a New Thread, Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/653341-official-no-need-start-new-thread-thread.html)

HonestTea 06-08-2012 01:42 PM

Wow...that's pretty scary!

GLOW 06-08-2012 02:09 PM

that's like one of the signs from The Mummy :heckno:

Tim Budong 06-08-2012 03:22 PM

the snakehead photographed
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...32426839_n.jpg

murd0c 06-08-2012 03:23 PM

too bad it has teeth :troll:

sonick 06-08-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 7941871)
too bad it has teeth :troll:

:heckno: :heckno: :heckno: :heckno: :heckno: :heckno: :pokerface: :considered:

snowball 06-08-2012 04:42 PM

Bill C-304: Hate Speech Clause's Repeal Gives White Supremacists Rare Moment Of Glee

A Conservative private members’ bill that repeals part of Canada’s hate speech laws has passed the House of Commons with scant media attention, and even less commentary. But it's being cheered by many Canadian conservatives as a victory for freedom of speech. And it's being cheered most vocally by another group: White supremacists.

Bill C-304, introduced by Conservative backbencher Brian Storseth, repeals Section 13 of the Canadian Human Rights Act, which bans hate speech transmitted over the Internet or by telephone. It passed third reading in the House of Commons on Thursday and is now headed to the Senate.

“This is a huge victory for freedom in Canada,” a poster calling him or herself “CanadaFirst” posted on the website of StormFront, a notorious white supremacist group. “However, we still have other unjust Zionist ‘hate’ laws that need to go.”

“Way to go, Harper. I know we can’t get everything we want, but I stand a little taller today as a Canuck,” wrote “OneMan.”

The new law doesn’t make hate speech legal on the web or by phone -- hate speech remains illegal under the Criminal Code. But by removing it from the Canadian Human Rights Act, it takes away the authority of the country’s human rights commissions to investigate online hate speech and request that violating websites be taken down.

That has alarmed the Canadian Bar Association, which said in a recent report it’s concerned that the law may be the start of a campaign by the Conservatives to weaken Canada’s human rights laws.

“The debate surrounding the expediency of section 13 has become the proxy for an open assault on the very existence of an administrative framework to protect human rights in this country,” the CBA stated.

"Over the years, human rights commissions have remained at the vanguard of eliminating discrimination based on race, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other grounds, and advancing equality," the CBA added.

Other supporters of the commissions say taking away their authority over hate speech will embolden racists and lead to more racial violence.

But human rights commissions have become bogeymen to many Canadian conservatives, and some others, who have campaigned for years to eliminate them altogether, painting them as bureaucratic tools of censorship.

In one famous case, conservative media icon Ezra Levant was hauled in front of an Alberta tribunal to explain his decision to run controversial cartoons of the Prophet Mohamed in the magazine he ran at the time, the Western Standard.

Levant became a cause celebre for opponents of the commissions, and his decision to republish the cartoons online on the day of his human rights hearing was hailed as heroic by many conservatives.

But all the opposition parties voted against the private members’ bill in Parliament Thursday, with NDP public safety critic Randall Garrison arguing that it would now be much harder to prevent hate speech online.

“We do have a serious problem,” Garrison told the National Post. “If you take away the power to take (websites) down, it’s not clear they have any mandate to even to talk to people about it and educate them about it.”

Garrison argued that the Tories are being dishonest by having these laws be introduced as private members’ bills, rather than government bills, noting that the Conservative Party of Canada made repealing human rights commissions’ ability to regulate hate speech a part of their platform.

Public Safety Minister Vic Toews defended the bill, tweeting on Thursday that the new law will “end arbitrary censorship powers of human rights commissions.”

Public opinion on human rights commissions is split. An unscientific poll on the CBC website shows a bare majority of people supporting the Tories’ move.

k00laid 06-08-2012 07:06 PM

Is there a specific way that the law requires you to carry jerry cans in your car? Or can you just leave them upright in your trunk when you cross the border

Hurricane 06-09-2012 05:33 AM

dinosaur 06-09-2012 09:21 AM

Caine's Arcade on Vimeo

Gridlock 06-09-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorade (Post 7941930)
Bill C-304: Hate Speech Clause's Repeal Gives White Supremacists Rare Moment Of Glee

A Conservative private members’ bill that repeals part of Canada’s hate speech laws has passed the House of Commons with scant media attention, and even less commentary. But it's being cheered by many Canadian conservatives as a victory for freedom of speech. And it's being cheered most vocally by another group: White supremacists.

Bill C-304, introduced by Conservative backbencher Brian Storseth, repeals Section 13 of the Canadian Human Rights Act, which bans hate speech transmitted over the Internet or by telephone. It passed third reading in the House of Commons on Thursday and is now headed to the Senate.

“This is a huge victory for freedom in Canada,” a poster calling him or herself “CanadaFirst” posted on the website of StormFront, a notorious white supremacist group. “However, we still have other unjust Zionist ‘hate’ laws that need to go.”

“Way to go, Harper. I know we can’t get everything we want, but I stand a little taller today as a Canuck,” wrote “OneMan.”

The new law doesn’t make hate speech legal on the web or by phone -- hate speech remains illegal under the Criminal Code. But by removing it from the Canadian Human Rights Act, it takes away the authority of the country’s human rights commissions to investigate online hate speech and request that violating websites be taken down.

That has alarmed the Canadian Bar Association, which said in a recent report it’s concerned that the law may be the start of a campaign by the Conservatives to weaken Canada’s human rights laws.

“The debate surrounding the expediency of section 13 has become the proxy for an open assault on the very existence of an administrative framework to protect human rights in this country,” the CBA stated.

"Over the years, human rights commissions have remained at the vanguard of eliminating discrimination based on race, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other grounds, and advancing equality," the CBA added.

Other supporters of the commissions say taking away their authority over hate speech will embolden racists and lead to more racial violence.

But human rights commissions have become bogeymen to many Canadian conservatives, and some others, who have campaigned for years to eliminate them altogether, painting them as bureaucratic tools of censorship.

In one famous case, conservative media icon Ezra Levant was hauled in front of an Alberta tribunal to explain his decision to run controversial cartoons of the Prophet Mohamed in the magazine he ran at the time, the Western Standard.

Levant became a cause celebre for opponents of the commissions, and his decision to republish the cartoons online on the day of his human rights hearing was hailed as heroic by many conservatives.

But all the opposition parties voted against the private members’ bill in Parliament Thursday, with NDP public safety critic Randall Garrison arguing that it would now be much harder to prevent hate speech online.

“We do have a serious problem,” Garrison told the National Post. “If you take away the power to take (websites) down, it’s not clear they have any mandate to even to talk to people about it and educate them about it.”

Garrison argued that the Tories are being dishonest by having these laws be introduced as private members’ bills, rather than government bills, noting that the Conservative Party of Canada made repealing human rights commissions’ ability to regulate hate speech a part of their platform.

Public Safety Minister Vic Toews defended the bill, tweeting on Thursday that the new law will “end arbitrary censorship powers of human rights commissions.”

Public opinion on human rights commissions is split. An unscientific poll on the CBC website shows a bare majority of people supporting the Tories’ move.

You know, despite the fact the opposition will turn this into a "if you support this, you're racist" play, I support stuff like this. Does that mean I want to support people with hate speech on the internet?

Not at all.

But I support free speech. I think it is the most important right in a free and democratic country. I can hate what people have to say, but can support their right to say it-in specific realms.

Bring this right on back to this website. I have been a vocal advocate against racism and sexism right here on RS-its a privately held board and is not the place given the diversity of members and so on. They have their own things set up where people of like minds can share their opinions. I disagree with it fully-almost to the point of disgust.

But what disgusts me a little worse is the idea that some government appointed commission is getting involved. I do not require a government body running around making sure people's feelings don't get hurt. If you are plotting a lynching? It's time to jump in.

That's the thing with free speech. You may not always like what people have to say.

ilovebacon 06-09-2012 05:04 PM

lmfao at the end!

Senna4ever 06-10-2012 01:42 AM

StylinRed 06-10-2012 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorade (Post 7941930)

this deserves its own thread jesus fucking christ these cocksuckers are turning us into the united states im going to end up moving away if these pricks aren't voted out

rcoccultwar 06-10-2012 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 7943058)
this deserves its own thread jesus fucking christ these cocksuckers are turning us into the united states im going to end up moving away if these pricks aren't voted out

Move to where? I dont know if your goyim but the way I see it the government has it right. You need more research on the Protocols of the Elders of Zion if in fact it is authentic.

Actually I believe the US maybe the opposite at the moment frankly. The masters(of the goyim) are out to undermine alpha male supremacy. It has its positives you know. You can go back to communist China also once financed by the masters.

belaud 06-10-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

soopSAWCE^: imagine
soopSAWCE^: if we went to
soopSAWCE^: celebs
[DC] unitf0x: yo u should bring some chicks, im pimp
soopSAWCE^: with brad
soopSAWCE^: LOL
belauder: oh jesus
belauder: ok
belauder: i'll be DD
belauder: drive you guys up in my STI
belauder: we be so fuckin pimp
soopSAWCE^: sdisn hitld
[DC] unitf0x: nice
soopSAWCE^: asian girls*
soopSAWCE^: love white dudes at celebs
soopSAWCE^: =gurantee bang.
belauder: asian girls will CREAM themselves when we roll up in my sti
[DC] unitf0x: haha
belauder: they be like
belauder: OH MY GOD
belauder: HOME COUNTRY CAR
belauder: OH GOD
belauder: MY VAGINA
[DC] unitf0x: be all moist even before u get em :)
soopSAWCE^: but yeah
soopSAWCE^: how are we gona
soopSAWCE^: contact each other
My friends & i discussing our plans for Lancouver :fullofwin:

StylinRed 06-10-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcowboy (Post 7943075)
Move to where? I dont know if your goyim but the way I see it the government has it right. You need more research on the Protocols of the Elders of Zion if in fact it is authentic.

Actually I believe the US maybe the opposite at the moment frankly. The masters(of the goyim) are out to undermine alpha male supremacy. It has its positives you know. You can go back to communist China also once financed by the masters.

:fulloffuck:

MindBomber 06-10-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

:seriously:

El Bastardo 06-10-2012 10:36 PM

Well, it looks like we'll be saying RIP to Tommy Chong

Tommy Chong diagnosed with cancer, says ‘cannabis is a cure’ | MyFOX8.com

Senna4ever 06-10-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

:confused:

PK6o4* 06-11-2012 04:21 PM

if someone knows your iPhones serial number can they do anything to you, ex, someone buying an iPhone off you and they ask for the serial via text

TOS'd 06-11-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PK6o4* (Post 7944230)
if someone knows your iPhones serial number can they do anything to you, ex, someone buying an iPhone off you and they ask for the serial via text

Maybe their phone got stolen. So they are trying to find it again by matching serials with their box.

PK6o4* 06-11-2012 04:29 PM

ooo if the phones not stolen and ur just selling it & they ask for it, then theres no reason to not give it to them correct?

rcoccultwar 06-11-2012 05:29 PM

Im glad Im able to clarify. After spending much time on this book it doesnt point to a group or person running the world, rather, it highlights the phenomenon of how our world is being run and is unfolding. The protocol touches on Freedom of Speech which in the big picture is just another distraction..

My definition of "Freedom of Speech" must be different than StylinRed's. All I know is it isnt easy to be white and male living in Canada trying to express an opinion on sensitive topics because he may easily be accused of a hate crime. There's a double standard when comparing to minorities and woman..

There is a website by Henry Makow that delves into this topic many times. His site can be considered to contain hate speech material as it touches on ultra-sensitive subjects like feminism and zionism that most people can't handle or dont have a care about.

This Bill has two positives I can think of. One, the existence of hate speeches can create an opportunity to learn, if you can handle it.
Second, looking further ahead in the bigger picture of world domination this gives an opportunity for the government to "know" people more when and if people's anonyminty is eliminated in internet use. Would it not be great to know all of Anders Beivik's blogs and postings and had tracked him down before it was too late? I know its been talked about by the US government to want complete information and elimination of anonymity of all internet users.

Im just trying screw around with StylinRed:) but its a pretty serious book if people have the time to read it. Henry Ford printed 500,000 of these and today Iran and Syria still has the Protocols of the Elders of Zion in publication.

murd0c 06-11-2012 05:52 PM

Just did p90x for the first time and what a workout!!

MG1 06-12-2012 11:06 AM

Gas prices are dropping - finally. Gassed up in Sumas at $4.19 / gallon this morning.

Abbotsford gas is at $1.28 / litre.