REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #326
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Pretty funny you bring up the rental amount. I switched from renting my suite bare, to a beautifully furnished all inclusive suite. The $300 more that I ask changed the tenant dynamic 10 fold. Before it was labourer/construction workers... Since the change it's been Lawyers and other professionals. Currently renting to the best tenant one could ask for, and he is a young doctor.
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #327
SiRVs up, dude

Bumping this thread.... want to see if anyone has had a problem like this before?

Alberta woman fights to reclaim her home after 'Freemen' renter who declared it an embassy
Old 09-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #328
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRV View Post
Bumping this thread.... want to see if anyone has had a problem like this before?

Alberta woman fights to reclaim her home after 'Freemen' renter who declared it an embassy
She is being taking advantage of because of her age and lack of rental knowledge. People like her should just hire a professional to rent her property out. If i lived close by I would help her out.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:07 PM   #329
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
She is being taking advantage of because of her age and lack of rental knowledge. People like her should just hire a professional to rent her property out. If i lived close by I would help her out.
Many professionals would take advantage of her too. Either way, chances are she's going to be played no matter what.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
Many professionals would take advantage of her too. Either way, chances are she's going to be played no matter what.
When I'm talking professional I'm talking about real estate agent or a apartment manager.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #331
Princess Dewey

Quote:

In the article they talk about "freemen" I happen to have met a "freemen" through work, I noticed he didn't have a license plate on his truck instead he had a homemade plate with the word "freemen" on it. so I asked him how can he drive without a license plate? He told me its his choice to have a license plate and to pay insurance and that he shouldn't be forced to follow what someone tells him. It really made me think to this day why are we forced to follow these rules? I mean it makes sense to me that we should have car insurance but why do we have to without any choice of our own. The person who took the women's home hostage is giving freeman a bad name, I don't think they are all that heartless, the one I met just wanted to change the way people think and to have more rights and choice.
[05-03, 17:18] MPTness
if her age on the clock, she's too young for a cock

[12-03, 22:33] Amuro Ray
i was wearing women's clothing in my picture

[14-04, 00:16] Amuro Ray
i have hello kitty underwear

[14-04, 00:23] Amuro Ray
i find feet sexually exciting

[29-04, 00:21] Ri2
if i was a guy i'd just ejaculate on her face all up in her nose, mark yo territory like a beast

[14-05, 23:29] Ri2
i just watched japanese girls poop on each other for like 10 mins
smarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #332
SiRVs up, dude

Quote:
How would one get rid of a tenant like that? The fact that it's escalated to the media level makes me think that her hands are tied
Old 09-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #333

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarv View Post
In the article they talk about "freemen" I happen to have met a "freemen" through work, I noticed he didn't have a license plate on his truck instead he had a homemade plate with the word "freemen" on it. so I asked him how can he drive without a license plate? He told me its his choice to have a license plate and to pay insurance and that he shouldn't be forced to follow what someone tells him. It really made me think to this day why are we forced to follow these rules? I mean it makes sense to me that we should have car insurance but why do we have to without any choice of our own. The person who took the women's home hostage is giving freeman a bad name, I don't think they are all that heartless, the one I met just wanted to change the way people think and to have more rights and choice.
So when the freeman with no insurance crashes into someone and injurers them who is going to pay all the cost's?

Last edited by Manic!; 09-22-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2013, 09:58 PM   #334
Princess Dewey

Quote:
So when the freeman with know insurance crashes into someone and injurers them who is going to pay all the cost's?
There would probably be a legal battle where he would end up taking all the debt on to himself. Not having insurance is not something I support but it is an interesting stand point against it. The principal of having the choice makes more sense to me than having to have it or else facing harsh consequences.
[05-03, 17:18] MPTness
if her age on the clock, she's too young for a cock

[12-03, 22:33] Amuro Ray
i was wearing women's clothing in my picture

[14-04, 00:16] Amuro Ray
i have hello kitty underwear

[14-04, 00:23] Amuro Ray
i find feet sexually exciting

[29-04, 00:21] Ri2
if i was a guy i'd just ejaculate on her face all up in her nose, mark yo territory like a beast

[14-05, 23:29] Ri2
i just watched japanese girls poop on each other for like 10 mins
smarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #335

Quote:
There would probably be a legal battle where he would end up taking all the debt on to himself. Not having insurance is not something I support but it is an interesting stand point against it. The principal of having the choice makes more sense to me than having to have it or else facing harsh consequences.
What would happen is he would be stuck with a huge bill so he would declare bankruptcy so ICBC would be stuck with the bill causing everyone else's insurance to go up. He probable doesn't pay taxes either but still drives on public roads.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:17 PM   #336
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:

If another country invaded and took over part of the land, that's considered to be an act of war, right? So if this guy took over a portion of Canadian land and has "claimed" it for whatever country he called it, couldn't we call in the military and forcibly take it back?

Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:34 PM   #337

Thanked 8,914 Times in 3,874 Posts
Quote:
It really made me think to this day why are we forced to follow these rules?
So that morons like this have something to whine about.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2013, 12:31 AM   #338

Quote:
How would one get rid of a tenant like that? The fact that it's escalated to the media level makes me think that her hands are tied
In over a year she has only given him one notice. If this was in BC I would have given him a 10 day notice the day after he failed to pay rent and then arbitration. If he still doesn't leave because he is a freeman and doesn't have to follow Canadian law I will claim I am a freeman too. Then do what I have to do to get him out of there. Whats he going to do call the cops? The RCMP does not enforce Canadian law in foreign countries.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:17 AM   #339
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Be a real shame if the house caught fire, I mean insurance would probably take are of it but this freeman wouldn't have any place to live.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #340
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Once you have an order of possession, a bailiff can forcibly remove a tenant and their belongings.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #341
I don't get it

I have a tenant that sleeps on a floor mattress. They just found out there is some mould developing under it and on the carpet as well. They are asking for me to purchase a new mattress for them. I haven't checked it out myself yet but is this something that I should be paying out from my pocket?
dvst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvst8 View Post
I have a tenant that sleeps on a floor mattress. They just found out there is some mould developing under it and on the carpet as well. They are asking for me to purchase a new mattress for them. I haven't checked it out myself yet but is this something that I should be paying out from my pocket?
sure buy him a new $1000 mattress, buy him a new bed a dresser too while you are at.

I would just buy him a bottle of mold killer like this Mold spray and tell him to buy a cheap bed frame so his bed is not sitting on the ground.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #343
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
No.

His lifestyle created the issue....if anything, he owes you for damaging your floor.

Mattresses need to breath and there is a reason people put the on frames.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #344
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
My money is on: bed bugs.

Bed bug dirt would look a lot like mold to the uninitiated. Otherwise, where is the source of moisture coming from for mould to grow? Unless he's peeing the bed, like daily, or there is a leak somewhere then it just wouldn't happen.

If you do find that you have bedbugs, message Dino or I for a remediation contact. He's superior to anyone else.

mattress with bed bug dirt(spoiler'd for the queasy)
Spoiler!
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #345
I don't get it

Thanks Manic/Grid/Dino

They sent me pics and it looks like mould. A total headache from them. Glad they are moving out this month.

I'll be sure to contact you if we ever encounter a bed bug issue.

Last edited by dvst8; 10-02-2013 at 04:46 PM.
dvst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #346
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Manic/Grid/Dino

They sent me pics and it looks like mould. A total headache from them. Glad they are moving out this month.

I'll be sure to contact you if we ever encounter a bed bug issue.
So they are moving out but want a free mattress out of it?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #347
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Parting gifts for basement refugees.

"We hope you enjoyed your stay, here, have a mattress"
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #348
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Got a question for you guys.

I have a buddy that's currently in a tenant agreement until February 2014.

http://www.concertproperties.com/sit...ement%20BC.pdf

http://www.concertproperties.com/sit...egulations.pdf

Those are the tenant agreement and rules and regulations.

My buddy will be moving to Toronto at the end of November. He asked his landlord if it was okay to find new tenants to take his place (to fulfill the contract), but the landlord refused saying that he cannot transfer ownership twice in one year (my buddy took over the place from someone else earlier in the year).

I took a quick glance at the agreement and couldn't find anything about transferring ownership of the contract.

My buddy will be charged $350 (probably some early cancellation fee) and has to pay a cleaning fee if he cancels early. In addition, the landlord owes them $450 in key money.

My friend just wants to transfer his contract, get his key money back, and leave happily. Win-win situation for everyone since the landlord won't have to find new tenants either.

What's the possible outcomes, landlord gurus?

EDIT: There is also a "payer's pad agreement" if you need it for reference.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.

Last edited by Razor Ramon HG; 10-10-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #349
Banned By Establishment

A couple questions...

1. Is this a private rental? Condo?

2. What the fuck is "key money"?

3. Who came up with this "transferring ownership" terminology?

This is a simple case of "sub-leasing". Unless your buddy has signed another addendum that negates the BC Tenancy Agreement (and, even then, he can fight it in court) the only thing he needs to familiarize himself with is the section on sub-leasing:

sub.JPG

He basically has his answer right there. He is shit-outta-luck, not because of this "can't transfer twice in one year" bullshit, but because he only have 4 months left in his lease...and, in reality, it is only 3 months if he wanted to give proper notice.

IF your friend ends up breaking lease and moving, he could be penalized for any loss of rental revenue, potentially lose his damage/security deposit, and any other agreed upon liquidated damage fee.

Assuming that I am understanding this correctly, this "key fee" is for keys to the building/door/parking garage...he will NOT lose this money if he returns these items as he received them.

And, for those tenants out there, here is an FYI: Your landlord/owner/manager CAN NOT charge you a fee or deposit for any keys or device IF it is the only access to the property. This means that if the lobby door is the only way to enter the building, you can not be charged a deposit. Same goes with your front door. However, if you are given a remote for a parking garage, you can be charged a deposit...unless this is the only way to access the building.

Hope that was somewhat helpful?
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #350
Banned By Establishment

And to add a bit more....

If he has no choice, he will need to give notice at the end of October to vacate the end of November.

The landlord will need to make an effort to re-rent so your buddy will need to do what he can to help this (clean, make his place available, etc.)

If the landlord rents the place for the same amount he is paying, cool. He may be out a small fee or his deposit. If not, it will be pricey.

Note: the landlord needs to make an effort to try and rent the unit...and should the landlord file an arbitration case, he will need to prove that he tried.
This post thanked by: