REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:03 PM   #251
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Advertisement

Last edited by dinosaur; 12-03-2012 at 09:43 PM.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #252
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Hate to be bumping this post...

My friend got a call from RTB two weeks ago saying the landlord has filed for a review and claims that their contract states $700 instead of $1400. So basically they altered the contract then filed for a review.

God damn this is gonna be a huge mess.

Last edited by davidw1234; 03-06-2012 at 02:00 PM.
davidw1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #253
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidw1234 View Post
Hate to be bumping this post...

My friend got a call from RTB two weeks ago saying the landlord has filed for a review and claims that their contract states $700 instead of $1400. So basically they altered the contract then filed for a review.

God damn this is gonna be a huge mess.
You'll be fine if you have a copy of the original contract. If not, its your word v theirs.

The best thing you can do is let them talk.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #254
Banned By Establishment

Old 03-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #255
Banned By Establishment

I like to keep my notes humorous and sarcastic. I find it helps get the message across if people can chuckle at the letter.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #256
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
I like to keep my notes humorous and sarcastic. I find it helps get the message across if people can chuckle at the letter.
Well the message you're trying to get across is unpleasant ("stop doing xyz") - so humour definitely helps lighten the situation!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #257
Banned By Establishment

peace

Last edited by Gridlock; 12-06-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #258
Banned By Establishment

Old 04-01-2012, 10:22 PM   #259
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

U need to show what you would have hit him with the "hard way"
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #260
Banned By Establishment

Last edited by dinosaur; 12-03-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #261
Banned By Establishment

Thanks for the love.

Last edited by Gridlock; 12-06-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #262
Banned By Establishment

So that was our day, 2 in one day.

And this was us.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #263
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Funny, never really heard much about bed bugs when growing up. The around 2007, that's when I first starting hearing about bed bugs.
Nasty nasty little critters.

Bring back DDT and kill everything or keep spending $$$ to band-aid the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #264
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Funny, never really heard much about bed bugs when growing up. The around 2007, that's when I first starting hearing about bed bugs.
Nasty nasty little critters.

Bring back DDT and kill everything or keep spending $$$ to band-aid the problem.
I don't really know what 'the' singular answer is.

If you look on Bed Bug Registry - Check Apartments and Hotels Across North America it's just retarded.

I find a main problem is people wanting to deal with it as cheaply as possible. I get it. You really get nothing for your money. There are also a bunch of shady operators out there cashing in on dealing with them. We had one guy come here, and I had already had another company come and do a dog inspection for $125. He charged $90 and looked around with the light from a cell phone.

With spray, so much depends on the prep from the tenant. As I said above, you are usually dealing with people that are paycheck to paycheck so to tell them you need to take EVERYTHING soft that you own and wash it all at once, oh, and then we need to throw out some of your furniture-you are really dealing a death blow to them.

So the problem continues to linger. And then spread to adjoining units. And then a person visits a friend and deposits them there. Then you have 2 buildings affected. And so on and so on it goes.

And with spraying, it doesn't affect the eggs. So 2 weeks after spraying, you have them again, and hopefully kill them before they lay eggs.

We advocate heat treating. One shot, its done and guaranteed. It's expensive, but worth it. And it kills eggs.

I think if buildings handled it that way, then you would notice the spread decrease dramatically.

When we were dealing with it in the building, we ended up finding one in our sofa. Notice the difference. We live clean, normal lives and found one bug. Thankfully, it was only one and we never had a problem, but I would have lost it. It's bad enough I have to interact with some of these people, but my home is my home man. Of all the tenants we've ever had, I think 6 have ever made it past the front door.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #265
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
I remember when I was young, my grandmother was typical asian in that she would bring home whatever was free that she either saw on the side of the road or her friends were giving away. We had a nasty roach problem one day but after some heavy spraying and telling her not to bring anything home, the roaches disappeared.

Many years later, she moved out and into an old folks retirement apartment to be closer to her friends. When she passed away and we were cleaning her apartment, the roach problem was much much worse than some of the grosses downtown apartments I had the unfortunate pleasure of working in. And no, she never quit bringing "free" stuff home when she moved out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #266
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Tenant Verification Website? Tell me more
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
Hard way:

I collected letters from neighbour below his suite, across the hall, and next to him (I already have one).

These letters list him disturbing the quiet enjoyment and threatening the health and safety. I get a copy of the 2 police reports and I also write a letter regarding his late payment of rent 3 or more times within the last 10 month and add to the health and safety issue and note that he is chain smoking inside his apartment. This also now become a damage issue. I give his an apt inspection letter....enter and proceed to take photos of all the nicotine stains on the walls, ceilings, windows, etc. and any other damage that I see.

I put together a pretty little package....which in all reality takes me a couple phone calls and about an hour to do. I march over to his door, give him a 30 day eviction notice and how him the package. Tell him what is happening....cause ya know...I dig ruining a dudes day.

He has two option:
1- Take it and move. Uses me as a reference...I am honest. Has issues finding a place because of shitty reference but then learns to not give my name. Clean his apt from top to bottom, make no further issues. Spends hours upon hours trying to rid the apt of all traces of cig smoke...he'll be lucky to get half his deposit back. But, he will leave with his tail between his legs...if he has found a place.

2-Fight it. Fine. This is my fav! He has to take the day off work and go to the Tenancy and to file a wrongful eviction. He pays $50 (which, I know he doesn't have). I get notification and file my own package (see above) with all the reasons I have to evict. At the same time, I also file for an order of possession (which allows me to call a bailiff, claim his shit if he doesnt move, and have the police physically remove him-so much FUN! I love it when dudes cry). We have our arbitration case lay it all out...I must add, this is like clockwork for me. I always win. I Know my shit. This dude goes apeshit on the phone...cause lets face it, they all do. Not only do I win my case, but now he loses his security deposit, has refunds me my $50 that I have to pay to file an eviction notice, I charge him for all the damage and not cleaning (note: I dont hire cheap people), and he has no place to live because not only do I give him a terrible reference, but I also register it on the Tenant Verification website.

So this dude is having to take days off work to file his case, to go to arbitration, and now to find a place b/c with the order of possession, the branch only gives you like 10 days. Meanwhile, I have all the time in the world for a little entertainment.

Wanna fuck up a dudes week, take his house and make him pay you for it.

So remember, when I say do you want the hard way or easy way...Always take the easy way. I don't fuck around...it is truly the easy way. At least then, you get fake smile, maybe a hand shake, and I'll give you and okay reference...hell, you may ever get some of your deposit back. Cause lets put it simple...it aint my money and in the grand of things, a few hundred dollars to the building owners means shit...BUT, a few hundred dollars to a dude that can barely make his rent now is going to fuck him.

And don't forget...I always win. I don't go into a fight unless I know I'm going to win it.

As for the Donkey (above), he got an extra month, he got the smile, and the handshake. Loses about $100 in cleaning (he did an okay job) and can go on living his life with little disruption.

At the end of the day, I don't give a fuck...just get the fuck out. You do it or I do it. The end result will be the same.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #267
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
Tenant Verification Website? Tell me more
It's the site of the company we send credit checks to.

It's not officially a list of bad tenants site, but they specialize in tenant/credit issues.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #268
Banned By Establishment

Last edited by dinosaur; 12-06-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #269
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
http://www.rentcheckcorp.com/

You need to be a member. They charge $18.06 (including tax) per application.
do people that rent out their basement use this, or is it mostly used by the building management industry?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #270
Banned By Establishment

Last edited by dinosaur; 12-03-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #271
Banned By Establishment

Outie

Last edited by Gridlock; 12-06-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #272
Banned By Establishment

Last edited by dinosaur; 12-06-2012 at 09:58 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #273
Banned By Establishment

Last edited by dinosaur; 12-03-2012 at 09:45 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #274
I bringith the lowerballerith

EPIC stories.

Absolutely love them.

Please share more when you have a chance.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #275
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

^They have their own blog The Landlord's Revenge
Phozy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: