REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:55 AM   #51
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 1,879 Times in 994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AME_VIP View Post
Langford Snooki
I look at the phone # again and decide to google it... Sure enough she is a call girl!!! Different ads come up with her picture for a "wild time" "very adventurous" etc etc with variations of her name. That explained a lot!!
One thing we do is ask for all contact info. If you post on CL then you should get their email addy when they reply to your ad. Ask for name and ph#.
Take that info and google it right away before wasting anymore time on that person.

Might not help all cases, but in this case it could have saved you a lot of trouble. Another thing that some strata's are doing is requiring a police check done on all possible tenants. Being up on SFU, a lot of the units are owned by investors who are renting out to "students".
Advertisement
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #52
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

This thread is wicked!

The far-fetched stories combined with the unique comedic writing styles of each of the RS members makes this quite an entertaining thread.

Keep then coming! My lunch time reading
Old 09-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #53
RS Veteran

Thanked 3,079 Times in 683 Posts
Sum: Yep we had her email.

Keep in mind she did not give us this phone number when we first signed the tenancy. We didn't get this second number until she closed her first bank account and gave us a second set of cheques. That's when I got curious and discovered what she actually done for a living! lol

We learned a lot of hard lessons with this one!

I almost forgot the best part... she left us a cultural film with all her junk... Big Rack Attack

Last edited by TouringTeg; 09-16-2011 at 11:11 AM.
TouringTeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:22 AM   #54

From Korea with Love.

Courtesy of being a strata member, we found out that there was a grow op in one of the units in the adjacent building.

The owner lived in NYC and had bought the unit for his son to live in while he attended SFU. Upon graduation, the son moved back to NYC and the dad decided to rent the unit out. With the help of a friend, they rented the unit to a nice Korean student.
For the next 2 years, the post-dated cheques were cashed on the first of the month. Then the cheques started to bounce. One month, second month...
Cell phone had been disconnected.
Owner contacted the friend to go check on the unit, only to find the door locks had been changed.
A locksmith was called in and upon entry the unit had a full blown grow op going. Every room had lights and plants, even in the bathroom tub.
The police was called in and a report was made.

After all the plants and lights were removed, the clean up team came in to inspect the damage and it was pretty bad. There was mold in the walls which also affected the units to the left and right. Damage was estimated at over $100K. The owner of the unit was contacted and informed of the findings. Needless to say, the owner said he wasn't responsible for the damage and wasn't going to pay for the repairs. In his exact words "the building manager should have kept them from growing drugs in my unit".

Yes according to him, the building manager should also be the security guard, and concierge to keep his unit safe. He even went as far as saying he would sue the strata if we put a lien against his unit for the cost of the repairs.

In the end, the owner agreed to pay for repairs which also includes displacing the tenants in the 2 units next door.
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 09-16-2011, 11:24 AM   #55

Quote:
I almost forgot the best part... she left us a cultural film with all her junk... Big Rack Attack
RS Group showing?
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 09-16-2011, 11:34 AM   #56
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,176 Posts

Last edited by dinosaur; 12-03-2012 at 10:27 PM.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:49 AM   #57

Here's a quick one.

11 pm + Fire + water = disaster

In the adjacent building the 2 tenants in unit 802 were hungry and decided to deep fry some chicken wings. This was 11 pm on a week night.
Not sure how, but the oil caught on fire and their first instinct was to douse the fire with water.

Now the entire kitchen was on fire and that set off the sprinklers. By the time the fire was put out and all the water turned off, there was water and fire damage to their rental unit, water damage to units 801 and 803. Water damage to units 701, 702, and 703.
And minor water damage to the ceilings of unit 601, 602, and 603.

Next time I am hungry at 11 pm, I am going to McD's for chicken nuggets.
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 09-16-2011, 12:12 PM   #58
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
purged

Last edited by Gridlock; 12-06-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2011, 06:45 PM   #59
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Langford Snooki

I am new to residential property management game and this was my first experience. My business partner and I have a one bedroom condo (2009 building) that we rent out.

This girl gave me bad vibes from the beginning. She decides to rent the propety and agrees to pay by cheque. One day later she asks if she can pay cash instead. First red flag.

Move in day comes and she decides to move in at 10pm a night. We receive complaints from the strata.

She claimed she worked at a hospital cleaning equipment. References turn out to be fake. She even has a forged letter of reference. I am not so sure. 90s Mercedes convertible, high heals, low cut, way too much fake and bake, etc ec.

We received post dated cheques and first cheque is deposited and clears. A week later she notifies us she had to close the account because "her ex has access to that account" She has to write new cheques and after weeks of games trying to set an appointment we finally get the cheques. Different phone number on these cheques. Strange.

Shortly after she tells us BC Hydro is threatening to cut off her power. She owes $2000 to them and says she needs to put her name on the account or she will have to move out. She calls BC Hydro and puts her account under her friends name.

Two months in and we receive a warnning because she is not carrying her dog while on the common property. This is in the strata bylaws and all rules were given to her along with an addendum to the tenancy agreement saying she must carry her pet or face a $200 fine. We notify her of the warning and she says she will carry it. At the same time she complains about her parking spot because the end spot is too hard to get in and out of.

A few weeks later another complaint. She has a friends car parking in the visitor parking for a week straight. It has snow piled on it from a recent snow storm and hasn't moved. She is notified it will be towed it if it's not moved.

About 4 months in everything comes to a head... we receive a $200 fine for her not carrying her pet again. We notify her (about 5 days before the end of the month) and she lets us know that she has no money for the fine or for rent and is moving out on the 10th of the month. She authorizes us to keep the damage deposit. Her move in date continually moves around until she does a daytime move without telling anyone. A strata member notifies the prop mgr who notifies us. We go to the condo to confront her. She immediately starts yelling and screaming at us and is histerical. I am surprised no one calls the cops. Apparently other residents were giving her shit for blocking the driveway access to the building and for leaving the front door open unattended.

In the weeks following we demand the keys/fob/parking pass back and that she clear out the rest of her junk. She ignores us, or makes appointments and cancels last minunte repeatedly. We take pictures and determine the unit is abandoned on about the 25th of the month. We change all the locks and order new fob/pass. We clean the place and thankfully the damage is minimal. Half a day of cleaning and there are permanent stains on the tan carpet.... Looks like makeup... Luckily we have a new tenant who wants to rent it sight unseen for the 1st.

We find out that her dog is extremely yappy and never stopped barking. It barks at every other dog so all the dog owners hate her and her dog. A coworkers fried owns a house next to the building and knows all about her and her dog. They have all named her Langford Snooki LOL

So I am looking at these post dated cheques. I had attempted to deposit one on the 1st for rent (that she owed) and the bank told me it could not be negotiated. I look at the phone # again and decide to google it... Sure enough she is a call girl!!! Different ads come up with her picture for a "wild time" "very adventurous" etc etc with variations of her name. That explained a lot!!

No hate, but to be honest it sounds like renting your basement suite would be a nighmare. Maybe it's because cooking is such a huge hobby of mine, but not being able to cook with onions or garlic is ridiculous, those ingredients are so broadly used in so many dishes it's insane.

Maybe you guys shouldn't even bother to rent out your basement suite if your mother has such a severe allergy?
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #60
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
No hate, but to be honest it sounds like renting your basement suite would be a nighmare. Maybe it's because cooking is such a huge hobby of mine, but not being able to cook with onions or garlic is ridiculous, those ingredients are so broadly used in so many dishes it's insane.

Maybe you guys shouldn't even bother to rent out your basement suite if your mother has such a severe allergy?
You quoted the wrong post But i think everyone knows which one you're reffering to
Old 09-16-2011, 07:54 PM   #61
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 5,993 Times in 1,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
What I was left with in the end.

yikes, that's how our previous (town)house sorta looked like.. my neighbor told me the new owners tore that shit up the day after we moved out. awesome thread btw, good time killer

2015 Scion FRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #62
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts

Last edited by Gridlock; 12-06-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:04 PM   #63
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

where's the "eats popcorn" smiley when you need it!
civiccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:09 PM   #64
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by civiccer View Post
where's the "eats popcorn" smiley when you need it!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:10 PM   #65
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

SWEET.
civiccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:20 PM   #66
SiRVs up, dude

Quote:
Langford Snooki

So I am looking at these post dated cheques. I had attempted to deposit one on the 1st for rent (that she owed) and the bank told me it could not be negotiated. I look at the phone # again and decide to google it... Sure enough she is a call girl!!! Different ads come up with her picture for a "wild time" "very adventurous" etc etc with variations of her name. That explained a lot!!

pics or it didn't happen
Old 09-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #67
RS controls my life!

Slightly related. I've had some interesting living situations in vancouver. mostly because of Craigslist being my realtor and I'm cheap punk.

>Move to vancouver, be 18.
>Found a place 2 days before, people bail on me. Get to vancouver and move into a place before even checking it out. Downtown english bay, near davie. Awesome area, 2 bedroom completely cement apartment. 5 other people living there. all of them mexicans, 2 in the living room can't even speak english.
>Every month I shared my room with someone different. First was an extremely loud snorer, really hard to fall asleep with that. Second was a really annoying wigger dude. Had more clothes in the closet then I've had in my entire life. Incredibly gay french dude, was quit, never there, stayed to himself. Hot australian girl. Stayed in the room for 2 weeks before she moved into the other room with the creepy asian girl. Next guy was a really smelly mexican who made a living off selling World of warcraft gold. Next guy was a legit cool mexican guy.
>One day a water pipe burst and 3 apartments were completely ruined, water in the stairs for days.
>elevator was a deathtrap.
>One day immigration broke in when I wasn't there. Took one of the mexicans in the living room. We never seen him again.

Moved out of that place and into a really weird student dwelling with 8 other people near renfrew station. Bathroom had a roof that was like 5 and a half feet high. Everyone was asian and stuck to themselves except for this incredibly creepy old white guy who always went on about his explorations in africa. unsurprisingly i seen his face in the paper 3 months after I moved out, he apparently molested a 15 year old girl... The house was nothing but tiny ass rooms. Also, both bathrooms were out of order for 6 days. Didn't shower, had to shit in the mcdonalds a block away. Pissed in the backyard.

Last edited by Everymans; 09-21-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #68
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post

It's true that they probably shouldn't have rented the basement out, but they did warn the one renting that they couldn't use those ingredients and they agreed. If they couldn't do it, they should had just left. Then also doing it once, maybe they forgot but then it happened again.
Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:38 AM   #69
Circle Stick Square Mod

TTT

91 240sx (Sold)
86 FC3S (Sold)
99 Civic

!Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:30 AM   #70
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,180 Times in 523 Posts
ray you fail! don't bump if you don't contribute! lol

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:41 AM   #71

Here's an update to If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

We had our Sept strata meeting and someone else commented on what appears to be our landscaping company NOT showing up to work. Flowers are really overgrown and much of the flowers are dead and have turned brown.
Supposedly, the landscaping company is coming once a week but they are not handing in any of their work orders to document what they are doing that one day a week.
The strata president is still fully backing the current company.

I can't wait to see how this winter goes. Thankfully I picked up a new 4x4 and will have new snow tires on it. Maybe I can be Mr. Plow. That name again is Mr. Plow.
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 09-30-2011, 06:17 PM   #72
Circle Stick Square Mod

i wanted an update from others no other way i could bring it up for others to share moar stories

91 240sx (Sold)
86 FC3S (Sold)
99 Civic

!Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:38 PM   #73
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,400 Times in 2,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Here's an update to If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

We had our Sept strata meeting and someone else commented on what appears to be our landscaping company NOT showing up to work. Flowers are really overgrown and much of the flowers are dead and have turned brown.
Supposedly, the landscaping company is coming once a week but they are not handing in any of their work orders to document what they are doing that one day a week.
The strata president is still fully backing the current company.

I can't wait to see how this winter goes. Thankfully I picked up a new 4x4 and will have new snow tires on it. Maybe I can be Mr. Plow. That name again is Mr. Plow.
I get the impression that the strata president knows someone at this particular landscaping company.

Any possible way I can get the name of this company? I want to check something...
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:44 PM   #74
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
I get the impression that the strata president knows someone at this particular landscaping company.

Any possible way I can get the name of this company? I want to check something...
Sounds so much like some underhanded and greasy contract/agreement.
CRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:40 PM   #75
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Gridlock and dinosaur, exactly what job do you guys have? Seems like a entertaining but troubling job.
Phozy is offline   Reply With Quote