REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 12-27-2015, 05:43 PM   #4326
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
either that or Some group decoded the key patterns and sold them off cheap.
Advertisement
Old 12-27-2015, 09:45 PM   #4327
wants to know why blow-up dolls always look so surprised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby View Post
so keys were first come first serve with a limited supply and not a guaranteed key? thats fucked up.
Yep... it seems that way.
I looked into it online, and it looks like the Just Cause 3 keys were all gone the day they activated it. Seems fishy.. Mr.Money is probably right in that someone decoded it and nabbed all of them.

On another note...
Is the fan on the Hyper 212 Evo worth replacing with something like a Fractal Venturi or Noctua NF-F12, or will the difference be too minor from stock?
iam_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:34 PM   #4328
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
was going to apply for a mail in rebate for a PSU, turns out the deadline to download and mail the form in is 20 days after ordering -_- I just got the package the other day!

wtf -_-

they're offering the same item on sale now, with the same rebate, but it's too much of a hassle to return my order and buy it again
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:51 PM   #4329
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
was going to apply for a mail in rebate for a PSU, turns out the deadline to download and mail the form in is 20 days after ordering -_- I just got the package the other day!

wtf -_-

they're offering the same item on sale now, with the same rebate, but it's too much of a hassle to return my order and buy it again
Just mail it in anyways. Attach a note with a copy of the invoice stating when package arrived.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-28-2015, 10:38 PM   #4330

guess it's worth a shot, but i'll have to make up my own form too, can't download the right one from their server... or try the new form
Old 12-28-2015, 11:39 PM   #4331
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
do they charge ur CC right away or do they charge u when it gets shipped out? if they charge right away then just make a purchase, print out receipt and MIR forum, cancel order and mail in the new receipt using ur current psu boxes's barcode
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 04:11 AM   #4332

i was thinking of doing that but wasn't sure if they checked with the retailer (newegg.com)

oh well, even if they do ship me a rebate, it's over to package express bleeh
Old 01-01-2016, 04:06 PM   #4333
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Question for you all. I now have two Benq monitors, and I'm having trouble setting up a dual screen. Both are hooked up to hdmi inputs (one thought the graphics card and the other through the motherboard). It picks up the one but not the other. Also the sound quality is very quiet and distorted where my old one was perfect.

Your advice is much appreciated.
Thanks
rsx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 04:14 PM   #4334
HELP ME PLS!!!

Does your video card have more than one video output?

Try hooking up the monitors to only the video card. Not sure if you'll need an adapter or not.
Old 01-01-2016, 06:34 PM   #4335
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
its possible that ur motherboard video card gets disabled when it detects a PCI-E video card installed? check bios settings
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:57 PM   #4336
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
most motherboards will disable the onboard when it detects a videocard is installed in the pci-e slot. I believe some motherboards you can bypass it in bios so the onboard video is also running so you can run from both sources.
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:56 PM   #4337

so.... with my new comp, i can't get my headphones to work from my onboard audio, sound is coming out of my HDMI, but i don't have the option to switch to other devices (playback devices) and in my device manager I just have an exclamation mark on the "multimedia audio controller" -_- can't install the realtek drivers... when i run the setup it installs, but yet it doesnt -_-

and the onboard audio is on afaik in the bios

thought i edited this post figured it out after posting this, left it up in case it would assist anyone else in the future

Went into the bios again and disabled DSP and that allowed me to use either audio driver

Last edited by StylinRed; 01-07-2016 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:52 PM   #4338

lol, so I've got another issue... :/

I decided to keep my new monitor, and when I hook it up to my new computer, for the first few minutes that it's turned on, I will get a sporadic popping sound, and get a streak of snow/distortion across the bottom of the screen, after 1-2mins everything is normal and works properly (may get 2-3 instances of popping in that 1-2min)

I may also receive a message from the monitor that the displayport cable I used cannot support the resolution or refresh rate selected and asks me to change it, but after that pop/distortion I stop getting this message from the monitor... the displayport cable is also the one supplied by the monitor, and the resolution/refresh is per the monitors standard spec (made no changes)

When I use this monitor with a different computer & same displayport cable, everything is fine, no problems at all, no popping/distortion/warning messages

So.... is it my video card? or the fact that I've got my tv hooked up to my new computer too and there's some sort of interference/issue for the gpu to handle two different screens at two different resolutions? (I've got the screens set to duplicate desktop)

the monitor is an LG 31MU97 btw, no help from LG's support page either

thanks
Old 01-09-2016, 01:11 PM   #4339
HELP ME PLS!!!

Whats the model of your MB for reference?
Old 01-09-2016, 02:40 PM   #4340

It's a Gigabyte z170mx-gaming 5
Old 01-09-2016, 03:17 PM   #4341
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
What happens if you use HDMI?
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2016, 04:32 PM   #4342

haven't tried that actually, will give it a shot and see

but the hdmi wont be able to do 60hz, just 24hz

edit: so i dont get the problem with hdmi, but also, if i unplug the tv and just have the 1 monitor hooked up with the displayport, i don't get the problem either... it's only when both the tv and monitor are hooked up

Last edited by StylinRed; 01-09-2016 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:04 AM   #4343
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Finally upgraded my build from 2012. Added another 7970 for crossfire! Just need a 1440p monitor now...
flipkronikz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2016, 01:12 AM   #4344

why is it that i always seem to have computer problems? -_-

so, im using my dads pc, i turn on asus gpu tweaker, and boom the monitor goes into standby mode

now when i reboot the computer, same thing, the moment the desktops supposed to load, the monitor goes into standby and i can't see shit

i can go into bios, i get the windows 10 load screen, but once the desktop is to appear... BOOM, monitor in standby -_-

googling gives me lots of people with issues in windows 8.1, but no real solutions

unfortunately, his monitor only has a displayport input :/ so i cant try the onboard or different cables etc

edit: had a bright idea -_- hooked his computer up to the tv through hdmi and it booted just fine, bleeeeeegh, guess its the displayport port or the cable... it was impossible unplugging the displayport too, felt like i was going to pry the GPU out, so im guessing its the port

edit2: so i guess it was just the port from the video card, tried the second one and it works fine

Last edited by StylinRed; 01-21-2016 at 03:29 AM.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:24 AM   #4345
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
but the hdmi wont be able to do 60hz, just 24hz
This might be a stupid question, but is that a limitation of your setup or a limitation of all HDMI?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:02 AM   #4346

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
This might be a stupid question, but is that a limitation of your setup or a limitation of all HDMI?
I read some wrong info about my Monitor, stating it's only got HDMI 1.4 ports , and for HDMI 1.4 @ 4096x2160p it can only do 24hz

HDMI 2.0 can go up to 60hz only

Last edited by StylinRed; 01-21-2016 at 11:15 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2016, 02:36 PM   #4347
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
Good to know, my screens are only 1080p but they're older.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 10:18 PM   #4348
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipkronikz View Post
Finally upgraded my build from 2012. Added another 7970 for crossfire! Just need a 1440p monitor now...
wow crossfired 7970s is not slouch but i would've just bought a newer card. Did you get it used for cheap?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 11:13 PM   #4349
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
wow crossfired 7970s is not slouch but i would've just bought a newer card. Did you get it used for cheap?
Yes the 7970 is used and was cheap. Most bang for buck option really. New card matching the graphics horsepower I have now, would cost triple that i spent or more. 1080p @ constant 60fps+ on Ultra settings is .
flipkronikz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2016, 06:11 AM   #4350

dad had CF 7970s (thought they were 7990s but nope) and one conked out, didnt know there was a lifetime warranty on them, so it was around his bday and i got him a 980ti, it performed better sure, but not by much, so cf 7970s ftw!

xfx replaced the conked out 7970 with a R9 380X black, i thought ''ohh it must be way better than the 7970" but... nope, less memory bandwidth, higher power consumption, and performs almost identical to the 7970, and depending on the game the 7970 may even be faster, otherwise they're the same by +/- 1 fps