REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-29-2011, 01:21 PM   #26
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
Actually it depends, they might be fined, or the person who forged the document could have his licence revoked. I get emails every month about stuff like this that has happened and what VSA has done to fix it.

If what your posting is truthful, you will get you rmoney back. I am unsure how far anything else will go as far as legal action because I don't have much background there.

I wish you luck and will stay away from Regency
Thank you for your information. So what VSA has done before in this situation? Can those people really prove that the document is forged? Revoking license is only a punishment for professional misconduct. They will still get away from a criminal charge of forging documents. That is why they have the gut to do this I guess because they know this is OK.
Advertisement
legalaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:26 PM   #27
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
Thanks for the insight.. i will not purchase car from this dealership in future if i come across it

" 1 rat shit ruins the whole congee " chinese saying :P
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2011, 01:27 PM   #28
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v.Rossi View Post
Fuck Regency Infiniti, Fuck Gar Purdy, Nick Andrews and Ashick(sp?). If you buy a car with such an expensive price tag, I'd suggest you go elsewhere. Any other Infiniti/Nissan dealership, you deserve better service than those dipshit cocksucking monkeys working there.

Good luck, I hope I hope I hope you win and more.

The service department is good in my books though, I have nothing bad to say about them.
This is why I hate Morrey Nissan and have no issues telling people NOT to go shop there for new/used cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:29 PM   #29

Just got a phone call from this manager and he said that he would give me back my deposit. He claimed that he did not forge the document and it was the salesman who gave me the wrong info. I am not satisfied with his answer.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:32 PM   #30
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalaction View Post
Just got a phone call from this manager and he said that he would give me back my deposit. He claimed that he did not forge the document and it was the salesman who gave me the wrong info. I am not satisfied with his answer.
fuck no, take this all the way man. He needs consequences, otherwise he will do it to some other poor guy who doesn't have the balls/time to fight it.
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:34 PM   #31
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Quote:
Thank you for your information. So what VSA has done before in this situation? Can those people really prove that the document is forged? Revoking license is only a punishment for professional misconduct. They will still get away from a criminal charge of forging documents. That is why they have the gut to do this I guess because they know this is OK.
Not sure if they can prove it was forged, situations that have happened in the past usually involve the dealer saying that it isn't refunable and that they had a verbal contract, which obviously doesn't matter.

I recall one case where the sales manager reprinted the reciept for a different amount for a deposit and wouldn't give back $500 or something along those lines. He was fired, his licence was revoked for life. $500 was refunded.
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:56 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
i dont suppose you can post that manager's name here eh?

in case he goes to another dealership i want to avoid this guy. it's doubtful i'd ever purchase an infiniti b/c i'm poor
This manager is called Rick Kingdon, who I believe forged the agreement.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:03 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlines_Daily View Post
fuck no, take this all the way man. He needs consequences, otherwise he will do it to some other poor guy who doesn't have the balls/time to fight it.
I will see how far I can go. At least you will find me posting the recorded conversation online. I tried to talk the salesman out of this, but if he decide to claim that it is his fault not knowing the terms exist and review it with me, I have to say that he is more intimidated by his boss than intimidated by ruining his career.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
Not sure if they can prove it was forged, situations that have happened in the past usually involve the dealer saying that it isn't refunable and that they had a verbal contract, which obviously doesn't matter.

I recall one case where the sales manager reprinted the reciept for a different amount for a deposit and wouldn't give back $500 or something along those lines. He was fired, his licence was revoked for life. $500 was refunded.
May I ask what do you do? I am new here.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:16 PM   #35
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstoner View Post
Thanks for the insight.. i will not purchase car from this dealership in future if i come across it

i never thought i'd say this...but i'm tempted to sig this quote from greenstoner...

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2011, 02:29 PM   #36
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
^ its a good saying man.. works well in this situation haha
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2011, 02:30 PM   #37
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Lesson learned for anyone buying a car:

get a copy of anything you sign. That should stop them from doing something shady like add things to it.

I actually had a more positive experience at Jaguar Richmond. Their contract says non refundable deposit, but my car purchase was pending a mechanical inspection by a mechanic of my choice. The car had some minor issues pointed out to me, and dealer guys did return my deposit.

So they aren't all bad, but be sure to protect yourself!
Teknique is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2011, 02:50 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstoner View Post

This person is the general sales manager and he alleged what he did can represent the whole dealership's position. He said that there was no need for meeting with general manager or the owner. He make all the decisions and he can represent the DEALERSHIP. I will wait for their owner's take for that comment. If he is just 1 rat shit, then this whole congee is gonna be made of rat shit. Remember, he is in charge of everything.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2011, 02:53 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknique View Post
Lesson learned for anyone buying a car:

get a copy of anything you sign. That should stop them from doing something shady like add things to it.

I actually had a more positive experience at Jaguar Richmond. Their contract says non refundable deposit, but my car purchase was pending a mechanical inspection by a mechanic of my choice. The car had some minor issues pointed out to me, and dealer guys did return my deposit.

So they aren't all bad, but be sure to protect yourself!
It is their responsibility for providing the customers with the copy of the document. Here is what their sales man tell me via email: "The bill of sales (agreement) is ALWAYS on dealership’s procession, that’s our copy and you will only get the deposit receipt. "
Old 09-29-2011, 02:56 PM   #40
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by haulin oats View Post
technically, if you signed an agreement to purchase a vehicle, you are legally obligated to purchase said vehicle. Best case scenario, you lose the $1000. Worst case scenario, you are forced to purchase the vehicle for the agreed upon amount.
I think you've missed the point here...But thanks for trying..

O.P. thanks for letting us know this. I've been dealing with a salesman from there for several days now and he's been trying to get me to put a deposit down so that no one else can touch the car for 24hrs. I've told him that I can't look at any cars until Saturday so there wouldn't be any point in doing a 24hr hold for $400 but he continues to push it.

Your deposit is obviously a little different than the one proposed in my situation. In general, I've learned that there isn't much of a need to put a deposit down on a vehicle. Cars come and go and there will ALWAYS be another opportunity. My take on it anyways.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:56 PM   #41
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
I can't wait to see what search terms will bring up this thread in Google. Regency could get F'd in the A pretty good.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:17 PM   #42
Old School RS

Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,202 Posts
Quote:
It is their responsibility for providing the customers with the copy of the document. Here is what their sales man tell me via email: "The bill of sales (agreement) is ALWAYS on dealership’s procession, that’s our copy and you will only get the deposit receipt. "
That is not true at ALL - you are crazy to sign ANY contract without having a copy of it. You are well within your rights to request a copy of the bill of sale that stipulates what you and the dealership have agreed upon.

Mark (10 years in the car business)
Old 09-29-2011, 03:21 PM   #43
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
I've been dealing with a salesman from there for several days now and he's been trying to get me to put a deposit down so that no one else can touch the car for 24hrs. I've told him that I can't look at any cars until Saturday so there wouldn't be any point in doing a 24hr hold for $400 but he continues to push it.

Your deposit is obviously a little different than the one proposed in my situation. In general, I've learned that there isn't much of a need to put a deposit down on a vehicle.
This is what happened with my Morrey Nissan experience back in 2001. I heard rumours that Nissan was going to have an SE-R sentra for the 2002 model year and I called Morrey to talk to a salesman about it. The guy knew nothing about the car and took down my info.
When Nissan offically announced the SE-R, a salesman called me to see if I was still interested in the car. Then he said I would need to put down a deposit to be first in line for the car when they arrived.
This was done over the phone and I never signed any paperwork.

When the car arrived half a year later, I was excited to go pickup the car. I went on a tuesday but the sales manager was away and I had to return the next day to fill out the paperwork. The price was MSRP plus freight and pdi.
The next day, the paperwork showed the car was MSRP plus $1000 plus freight and pdi. The extra $1000 was because they wanted to gouge a little bit extra since demand for the car exceeded supply.

I talked to the sales manager and even threated to go to the news and BBB but his answer was "talk to my lawyers". Then I asked for my deposit back and he said deposits were no refundable.

I was young and didn't know that wasn't true so I didn't fight to get my deposit back.

It wasn't until I took pictures of the "lowest price guarenteed" sign on their lot that they agreed to sell me the car at the original price. And it was the receptionist that called me to fill out the paperwork, and the sales manager never appologized.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:35 PM   #44
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
I can't wait to see what search terms will bring up this thread in Google. Regency could get F'd in the A pretty good.
so far only "regency infinity revscene" will bring it up to the top. guess it needs more work.

when i google revscene forums one of the autofill options has revscene and anthony espinosa in it LOL

i guess it'll take some time for this thread to get to that point.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:35 PM   #45
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
I still have no idea why a "deposit" is even requested when supposedly you can get that deposit back without issue. What's the point of the deposit in the first place if they have to give it back if you change your mind? I guess to "hold" a certain vehicle?

Berz out.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #46
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
I still have no idea why a "deposit" is even requested when supposedly you can get that deposit back without issue. What's the point of the deposit in the first place if they have to give it back if you change your mind? I guess to "hold" a certain vehicle?

Berz out.
A deposit is probably more of a psychological thing. It's a better than nothing sort of aspect from a sales point; at least a dirty sales point. Similarly, electronic stores would prefer that you put down at least a layaway on a product rather than walk out empty handed because it gives them some gross margin for that day.

I'm sure the car dealerships hope that a handful of people who put down deposits, PROBABLY think it's non-refundable as it is. Thus making them naive and not realizing they can still back out.

Another reason why the deposit could be used is so that they can then call other clients and say "Hello Berz, a gentleman has put down a deposit on this vehicle..." to gain your interest more and make you feel like you might've missed an opportunity.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:34 PM   #47
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

^ I think most of the time people do believe that the deposit is non-refundable once you sign the purchase agreement. When I went to Metrotown Mitsubishi, they wouldn't discuss prices until I gave them a $500 refundable deposit (I made sure several times and made him note that on the receipt and on the purchase agreement). When the pricing was agreed upon, they wanted another $2000 to locate the vehicle in the colour and trim I wanted. They stressed so many times that this $2000 is absolutely non-refundable and they claimed it was to protect themselves because a customer once changed his mind and caused them to lose money in transfering the car from another dealership over.

I believed him.

It's so easy to just take the money back and try to forget about the shit experience. Some bad apples do screw up it for everyone but I think these questionable practices are getting out of hand. I understand wanting some demonstration of sincerity on the buyer's part but if they need to be bullied and cowered into the purchase, then perhaps the salesperson should just take the high road and let them walk.

I got screwed over too but that was after accepting delivery of the vehicle so there wasn't much room to discuss.

OP, good on you for sticking to your principles.
Quacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:00 PM   #48

Quote:
May I ask what do you do? I am new here.
worked almost every position at a dealership minus service.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
That is not true at ALL - you are crazy to sign ANY contract without having a copy of it. You are well within your rights to request a copy of the bill of sale that stipulates what you and the dealership have agreed upon.

Mark (10 years in the car business)
... I didn't realize it was a bill of sale that you filled out. On our bills of sale in the fine print it is printed that any partial payment is not refundable. We have run into problems a few times and end up returning this, but by the time the buyer gets to the bill of sale they are aware they have bought the vehicle.

@ Lowside, you're right, but doesn't it seem weird that they would do up a bill of sale and not give him a copy?

Jordan (Only 7 Years in car business )
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2011, 05:06 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
A deposit is probably more of a psychological thing. It's a better than nothing sort of aspect from a sales point; at least a dirty sales point. Similarly, electronic stores would prefer that you put down at least a layaway on a product rather than walk out empty handed because it gives them some gross margin for that day.

I'm sure the car dealerships hope that a handful of people who put down deposits, PROBABLY think it's non-refundable as it is. Thus making them naive and not realizing they can still back out.

Another reason why the deposit could be used is so that they can then call other clients and say "Hello Berz, a gentleman has put down a deposit on this vehicle..." to gain your interest more and make you feel like you might've missed an opportunity.
Adding to this....

A deposit means that the customer has something tying the to the dealership. They can't just leave and never return now, even if they want to back out, they have to come back so the salesperson/manager have one last crack.

Also it might be hard for some to ask for a deposit back, maybe a shameful thing for some?

It also shows that the customer is at least a little bit service and that they're ready to do business.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:19 PM   #50
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
as soon as theres a thread involving dealership jgresch flys in like a hungry badger and throws answers left right and center
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote