REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-30-2011, 08:29 AM   #101
N8
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZRoadster View Post
^ can you not try to use complicated terms and expressions? Its making your post very hard to understand. If your English isn't good, stick with the basics first.
Posted via RS Mobile
I didn't have a problem understanding him.
Advertisement
Old 09-30-2011, 08:37 AM   #102
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Hope it works out for the OP...

I bought an Infiniti FX35 from Regency Infinti over the phone; made the deal over the phone...no deposit nothing, showed up the day I said I would be there, saw the car (new); saw the sold sign, signed the papers and away I went with my new car.
09' BMW 128I Coupe (E82) - FS
04' BMW M3 Coupe (E46) - SR
17' Acura MDX SUV (YD4) - SOLD
15' Acura RDX SUV (TB4) - SOLD
14' Acura ILX Sedan (DE1) - SOLD
04' Nissan Pathfinder LE SUV (R50) - SOLD
07 Infiniti FX35 SUV (S50) -SOLD
06' BMW 330i Sedan (E90) - SOLD
97' Acura 1.6EL Sedan (MB4) - SOLD
99' Honda Civic Hatch (EJ6) - SOLD
84' Pontiac Sunbird Coupe (J2000) - SOLD
Kalize is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2011, 09:28 AM   #103
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
L - O - fucking -L. Skinnypup has sure done a good job with RS and Google. Search: regency infiniti deposit. This thread pops up on number 4. Search for: regency infinity gar purdy. Thanks to some name dropping, this thread comes in at number 6. Even Nick Andrews will be on the first page of results. It just needs a few more keywords, like crooks and scammers.
if he can make this thread pop up by just googling "regency infinity" on the first page that would be sweet.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2011, 09:51 AM   #104
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalize View Post
Hope it works out for the OP...

I bought an Infiniti FX35 from Regency Infinti over the phone; made the deal over the phone...no deposit nothing, showed up the day I said I would be there, saw the car (new); saw the sold sign, signed the papers and away I went with my new car.
Thanks. When did it happen? It is quite different now, they try to trick you into the dealership first and then try to control you. Or maybe they just treat me differently, but I got some private messages and also posts here saying they were treated the same way.
legalaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:04 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8 View Post
I didn't have a problem understanding him.
That guy just wanted to pretend that he does not understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
if he can make this thread pop up by just googling "regency infinity" on the first page that would be sweet.
Yes, if more people share this thread, use google accounts and facebook accounts and press "like", it may also make a difference. If I am not satisfied with Regency's response and the result of VSA investigation, I will post the recorded conversation. I hope you guys will like it.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:16 AM   #106
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
I hope this thread gets as big as that thread where the dealership refused to honor the gtr on eBay to save on $4k.

Bit of a difference in stories, but still a bitch move on both parties.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:27 AM   #107

i hope you get success in your battle with this dealership and you get to dance to some outkast music when you hear the good news, much like this guy did

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

Old 09-30-2011, 10:53 AM   #108
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalaction View Post
Keep pretending man. Keep going. I am amazed that you come to this post so early in the morning. That is very intriguing and people will make their judgement.
lol

reading your posts is like reading a newspaper.

so sound like one educated Mofo.
cruz-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:13 AM   #109
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Quote:
Thanks. When did it happen? It is quite different now, they try to trick you into the dealership first and then try to control you. Or maybe they just treat me differently, but I got some private messages and also posts here saying they were treated the same way.
3 personal friends of mine (different age, demographic etc.) each went to Regency Toyota, Lexus and Nissan.

All 3 had a very bad experience. Regency isn't what they used to be. They bought from OpenRoad instead.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #110
Hyde's Understudy

Quote:
Keep pretending man. Keep going. I am amazed that you come to this post so early in the morning. That is very intriguing and people will make their judgement.
i was earlier than you by 14 minutes lol

im not pretending dude. I understood maybe 80% of it, I support you though. Everybody's gotta learn english sooner or later.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:31 AM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
I hope this thread gets as big as that thread where the dealership refused to honor the gtr on eBay to save on $4k.

Bit of a difference in stories, but still a bitch move on both parties.
Posted via RS Mobile
I would not do this if they did not commit the crime of forging and threaten me like a kindergarten bully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
i hope you get success in your battle with this dealership and you get to dance to some outkast music when you hear the good news, much like this guy did

YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER!!!! - YouTube
Thanks man. Now they want to give the money back to me. But Rick Kingdon still wants to play hard on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruz-in View Post
lol

reading your posts is like reading a newspaper.

so sound like one educated Mofo.
I'll treat that as a compliment. Unfortunately, you have to be an educated Mofo to get the scholarship and study in Canada without paying the international tuition as high as a luxury car each year. I learned English by reading newspapers. Also, you have to be an educated Mofo to make those uneducated Mofos pay their price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
3 personal friends of mine (different age, demographic etc.) each went to Regency Toyota, Lexus and Nissan.

All 3 had a very bad experience. Regency isn't what they used to be. They bought from OpenRoad instead.
My experience explains how low Regency would go nowadays. If they can alter and forge an agreement, what do you expect they would do to your odometers, history reports, and mechanical parts?
Old 09-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #112

Quote:
i was earlier than you by 14 minutes lol

im not pretending dude. I understood maybe 80% of it, I support you though. Everybody's gotta learn english sooner or later.
Yeah I came here early because I care. But you came here earlier than me so that is very interesting. I am not trying to imply anything but people will make their judgement.

If you are trying to support me by saying how taking deposit without an agreement is reasonable as in your previous posts, how did you learn the English word "support"?
Old 09-30-2011, 11:50 AM   #113
Hyde's Understudy

Quote:
Yeah I came here early because I care. But you came here earlier than me so that is very interesting. I am not trying to imply anything but people will make their judgement.

If you are trying to support me by saying how taking deposit without an agreement is reasonable as in your previous posts, how did you learn the English word "support"?
I'm supporting you learning and trying english. Lots of chinese imigrants from china are wealthy and they cant speak a word of english nor do they care to learn or try it.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:18 PM   #114

Quote:
I'm supporting you learning and trying english. Lots of chinese imigrants from china are wealthy and they cant speak a word of english nor do they care to learn or try it.
Thank you for pointing that out. I like those stereotypes. I think Regency Infiniti made their decisions exactly based on that kind of stereotypes. They thought that I was just another ignorant Chinese kid with rich parents. When you are biased, you tend to make bad judgment and do the wrong things.

There are also some stereotypes about car dealerships and salesperson though I am not willing to believe it, but are you?

P.S, If my memory serves me well, there are two "m"s in the English word "immigrant". You surely like eating your words man. Tastes good?
Old 09-30-2011, 12:29 PM   #115
Welcome to Planet Power ///M

Thanked 2,979 Times in 527 Posts
^
LOL
CharlieH is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2011, 01:10 PM   #116
'

Thanked 6,557 Times in 1,111 Posts
Old 09-30-2011, 01:18 PM   #117

count it

Quote:
Greenstoner
originalhypa
Quote:

Old 09-30-2011, 01:26 PM   #118
R&R
I STILL don't get it

^^LOLOL
Posted via RS Mobile
R&R is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2011, 01:32 PM   #119
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA

Lmao pwn'd
Posted via RS Mobile
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2011, 01:34 PM   #120
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:

You are clearly trying to imply something and it's childish, so if you want this thread to remain a honest and serious piece of documentation against Regency, I would suggest you remain professional. Just an honest piece of advice.

I've also found some of your posts where you attempted to use more complicated phrases difficult to understand, that's not an insult, it's the honest truth coming from someone who supports you in this case.

p.s., I posted a link to this thread on another forum, hopefully the word gets out that Regency does not conduct business fairly as a result of this incident.

Last edited by MindBomber; 09-30-2011 at 01:49 PM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2011, 01:54 PM   #121
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
I think BlackZR works @ Regency Infiniti

grats on getting your money back so quickly LA
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
You are clearly trying to imply something and it's childish, so if you want this thread to remain a honest and serious piece of documentation against Regency, I would suggest you remain professional. Just an honest piece of advice.

I've also found some of your posts where you attempted to use more complicated phrases difficult to understand, that's not an insult, it's the honest truth coming from someone who supports you in this case.
Thanks for the advice. Would you mind pointing out those phrases? I will try to correct them and make them clearer. I certainly will not treat people's comments as an insult, when they are trying to correct my errors in English.

But I will consider it as an insult when someone is trying to distract this topic to my English skills, or when someone is trying to distract this topic to national or ethnic stereotypes, although I think that kind of discussion could bring more attention on the internet.

Also, could you give me a link to that forum? Thanks a lot.

Last edited by legalaction; 09-30-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:23 PM   #123
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the advice. Would you mind pointing out those phrases? I will try to correct them and make them clearer. I certainly will not treat people's comments as an insult, when they are trying to correct my errors in English.

But I will consider it as an insult when someone is trying to distract this topic to my English skills, or when someone is trying to distract this topic to national or ethnic stereotypes, although I think that kind of discussion could bring more attention on the internet.
Strictly based on BlackZRoadsters previous posts, he's rarely been the type to unfairly criticize someone. I think, and I could be wrong, he was just trying to offer you constructive criticism on your english. When BlackZ mentioned that many Chinese do not learn the language when they emigrate, I think that was intended as a compliment towards you, since your english is quite good if you've only been in Canada a few years.

Quote:
There are also some stereotypes about car dealerships and salesperson though I am not willing to believe it, but are you?

P.S, If my memory serves me well, there are two "m"s in the English word "immigrant". You surely like eating your words man. Tastes good?
In english clarity is very important, since words can have multiple definitions depending on context and grammar. When you say "but are you" it's unclear to me what you're asking; it could be, are you a willing to believe the stereotypes, or are you one of those stereotypes. Little things like that can cause some readers to be confused and the overall point of a sentence is lost.

Again, I'm not trying to be unconstructive, just offering my interpretation.

Good luck with your fight, it was a brilliant move to record the conversation.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:36 PM   #124
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haulin oats View Post
There is something called the Sale of Goods Act. This protects both the buyer, and the seller.

Sale of Goods Act

You can take note of Section 6 of this. This is the Breach of Contract section. The offer to purchase you signed is in fact a legal and binding contract. Regency Nissan has a legal right to hold you to the contract. It would be a dick move, but businesses are protected, just as consumers are.
It doesn't sound like he signed the purchase agreement, but rather the "worksheet" every dealership I've been to uses.

Also, I do think both parties should be protected and while we're at it, we can look at some sections in the Business Practices and Consumer Protection Act:

4(3)(b)(iv) : Without limiting subsection (1), one or more of the following constitutes a deceptive act or practice: a representation by a supplier that a consumer transaction involves or does not involve rights, remedies or obligations that differs from the fact"

Prohibition and burden of proof
5 (1) A supplier must not commit or engage in a deceptive act or practice in respect of a consumer transaction.

(2) If it is alleged that a supplier committed or engaged in a deceptive act or practice, the burden of proof that the deceptive act or practice was not committed or engaged in is on the supplier.

And even if he did sign the purchase agreement:

Direct sales contract — cancellation
21 (1) A consumer may cancel a direct sales contract by giving notice of cancellation to the supplier not later than 10 days after the date that the consumer receives a copy of the contract.

But of course you can't go purchase cars and then change your mind willy nilly:
Subsection 28(3): If goods are returned by the consumer under subsection (1), the consumer is liable to the supplier for any damage to the goods caused by the failure of the consumer to take reasonable care of the goods.
Quacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:01 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Strictly based on BlackZRoadsters previous posts, he's rarely been the type to unfairly criticize someone. I think, and I could be wrong, he was just trying to offer you constructive criticism on your english. When BlackZ mentioned that many Chinese do not learn the language when they emigrate, I think that was intended as a compliment towards you, since your english is quite good if you've only been in Canada a few years.

In english clarity is very important, since words can have multiple definitions depending on context and grammar. When you say "but are you" it's unclear to me what you're asking; it could be, are you a willing to believe the stereotypes, or are you one of those stereotypes. Little things like that can cause some readers to be confused and the overall point of a sentence is lost.

Again, I'm not trying to be unconstructive, just offering my interpretation.

Good luck with your fight, it was a brilliant move to record the conversation.
Thanks for the insight. BlackZRoadsters' previous posts tried to justify forfeiting customer's deposit without a legal agreement by talking about how salesperson put in their time and how the dealership put in their cost in transportation and stocking. He also claimed that he worked in this industry for over 10 years. If he worked in this industry for 10 years, he should know what is a legal document and what is a legal action. he should also know the simple economics of cost and benefit, risk and return. If he failed to do this, it is very surprising that he is in this industry for over 10 years. So I said they either did not know the law, or pretended to be not knowing. And I explained a simple risk and return trade-off and why dealerships often do not make deposit legally nonrefundable. Then without responding to any comment on legal matters or business strategy matters, he said that it was hard to understand my post while others did not have any problems. I have no other comments but "keep pretending". and then he said he understood 80% as opposed to "very hard to understand" in the original post.

You can also see his "I support you though" has different meanings. In fact the two sentences you cited were intentionally left there as puns. It can be interpreted just as you said in your post, though I admit that the first one is not as good as the "eating your words" one. I thought you would point out any complicated expressions in the post that he was pointing at. But in those two sentences, I kind of did it intentionally.

But thank you anyways and I hope you would point out other errors. Again, could you give me a link to the other post that you were talking about?

Last edited by legalaction; 09-30-2011 at 07:00 PM.
This post thanked by: