REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #76
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I was certainly serious about buying. But "being serious" does not mean that I agreed upon a nonrefundable deposit. Even if I was intended to buy at that moment, I still have my right to change my mind. If you do not like it, try to sign a nonrefundable deposit agreement with me, but do not forge it afterwards.
Advertisement

Last edited by legalaction; 09-29-2011 at 09:40 PM.
legalaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:46 PM   #77
Banned (ABWS)

Hope you get your $1000 deposit back bro, taking "legal action" is the right way to go, hence your username
king_2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2011, 08:54 PM   #78
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Just curious, where did you emigrate from legalaction?
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:05 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_2011 View Post
Hope you get your $1000 deposit back bro, taking "legal action" is the right way to go, hence your username
Thanks. They did call me and wanted to give the money back to me. But I am disturbed by the action of forging the document. That is way more serious than 1000 dollars.

Last edited by legalaction; 09-29-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:07 PM   #80
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

There is something called the Sale of Goods Act. This protects both the buyer, and the seller.

Sale of Goods Act

You can take note of Section 6 of this. This is the Breach of Contract section. The offer to purchase you signed is in fact a legal and binding contract. Regency Nissan has a legal right to hold you to the contract. It would be a dick move, but businesses are protected, just as consumers are.
haulin oats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:12 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Just curious, where did you emigrate from legalaction?
I am from China.

Last edited by legalaction; 09-29-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:26 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by haulin oats View Post
There is something called the Sale of Goods Act. This protects both the buyer, and the seller.

Sale of Goods Act

You can take note of Section 6 of this. This is the Breach of Contract section. The offer to purchase you signed is in fact a legal and binding contract. Regency Nissan has a legal right to hold you to the contract. It would be a dick move, but businesses are protected, just as consumers are.
As people have said in previous posts, the Purchase Agreement is not a sales contract. If Regency Nissan knew this, they were presenting illegal document as legal. If Regency Nissan did not know this, they should not be qualified for selling cars. Also, forging document is not charged under this act. It is in fact a crime:

Forgery and Offences Resembling Forgery

366. (1) Every one commits forgery who makes a false document, knowing it to be false, with intent (a) that it should in any way be used or acted on as genuine, to the prejudice of any one whether within Canada or not; or (b) that a person should be induced, by the belief that it is genuine, to do or to refrain from doing anything, whether within Canada or not.

Making false document

(2) Making a false document includes (a) altering a genuine document in any material part; (b) making a material addition to a genuine document or adding to it a false date, attestation, seal or other thing that is material; or (c) making a material alteration in a genuine document by erasure, obliteration, removal or in any other way. (3) Forgery is complete as soon as a document is made... (4) Forgery is complete notwithstanding that the false document is incomplete ...

367. Every one who commits forgery (a) ... liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years; or (b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

Uttering forged document

368. (1) Every one who, knowing that a document is forged, (a) uses, deals with or acts on it, or (b) causes or attempts to cause any person to use, deal with or act on it, as if the document were genuine, (c) ... liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years; or (d) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.

(2) For the purposes of proceedings under this section, the place where a document was forged is not material.

Last edited by legalaction; 09-29-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:54 PM   #83
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalaction View Post
Thanks. They did call me and wanted to give the money back to me. But I am disturbed by the action of forging the document. That is way more serious than 1000 dollars.
What made them change thier mind? And what did you say about it?
Posted via RS Mobile
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:00 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightmaskman View Post
What made them change thier mind? And what did you say about it?
Posted via RS Mobile
They said that they reviewed the salesman's email with me. Also, they got the complaint from VSA. They are now saying that it is the salesman's fault for not reviewing the document with me, but they denied forging the document. They wanted to give me my deposit back and request my credit card number. I said that I would not give my credit card number to them just to prevent further fraud.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2011, 10:17 PM   #85
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Good luck with your issue bro ^.

I had an issue with openroad hyundai in richmond.... for about a month and a half, but it was settled with a little help from another RS member.

I eventually went to Destination Hyundai and was much more satisfied with their customer services.
i don't think i ever played a game as a kid where you punch each other in the dick.
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2011, 10:19 PM   #86
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
^ Glad you found your car. I found out after that we have a mutual friend. Your gfs coworker is a friend of mine.

Kev
Old 09-29-2011, 10:34 PM   #87
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
L - O - fucking -L. Skinnypup has sure done a good job with RS and Google. Search: regency infiniti deposit. This thread pops up on number 4. Search for: regency infinity gar purdy. Thanks to some name dropping, this thread comes in at number 6. Even Nick Andrews will be on the first page of results. It just needs a few more keywords, like crooks and scammers.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:55 PM   #88
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,355 Times in 1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZRoadster View Post
Why did you put a deposit if you weren't serious?

Is your time not valuable you have to go and work out deals on cars you don't intend on purchasing?
Posted via RS Mobile
you obviously don't know shit about car sales. client put $2000 on an Audi R8 a couple years ago at my work, we kept the car and the money for two weeks only to realize he has changed his mind. he didn't buy anything from us and he got all his money back. it's all about principles.
boostfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:37 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
L - O - fucking -L. Skinnypup has sure done a good job with RS and Google. Search: regency infiniti deposit. This thread pops up on number 4. Search for: regency infinity gar purdy. Thanks to some name dropping, this thread comes in at number 6. Even Nick Andrews will be on the first page of results. It just needs a few more keywords, like crooks and scammers.
Thanks guys. please use your google account and press the +1 on my first post. This will also help.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:41 PM   #90
Hyde's Understudy

[quote=boostfever;7596248]you obviously don't know shit about car sales. client put $2000 on an Audi R8 a couple years ago at my work, we kept the car and the money for two weeks only to realize he has changed his mind. he didn't buy anything from us and he got all his money back. it's all about principles.[/

I've been in the industry over 10 years and based on principle I would have made an effort to keep the 2000 deposit if I held a r8 for 2 weeks
Let me ask you, if I booked you for a photo session month in advance and payed you 500 deposit and let's say I changed my mind last minute , would you give me my money back?
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by BlackZRoadster; 09-29-2011 at 11:55 PM.
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-30-2011, 12:01 AM   #91
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
good job getting your money back...

did you report this to the BBB....
Old 09-30-2011, 12:06 AM   #92
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
i had some family members look into regency nissan / toyota.
thanks for the heads up, they just lost a couple of customers.
good luck with the case !
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2011, 12:41 AM   #93
I don't get it

Quote:
I've been in the industry over 10 years and based on principle I would have made an effort to keep the 2000 deposit if I held a r8 for 2 weeks
Let me ask you, if I booked you for a photo session month in advance and payed you 500 deposit and let's say I changed my mind last minute , would you give me my money back?
Posted via RS Mobile
Unless I rendered services for you, I absolutely would give you your deposit back. As much as your time as a salesman is valuable, your job is to service the client to the best of your ability for as long as you are willing, to facilitate the sale.

If the deposit receipt clearly stated non-refundable deposit, then the onus is on the consumer. In this particular case, it's not.
eclipseman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2011, 02:07 AM   #94
G'd up! w000weee

I hope people at Regency Infiniti see this thread.

Trying to rip off the OP is gonna cost them way more than $1000!
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2011, 05:14 AM   #95
Old School RS

Thanked 3,960 Times in 1,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalaction View Post
Thanks. But I do not understand what is not true in your sentence. I guess that you are saying what the salesman says is not true. I think the information on VSA said that if I was not provided with the copy the contract is not even effective. If they do want to enforce a nonrefundable deposit agreement, how can they "forget" giving me the copy?
What is not true is what you said the salesperson said: it is "their" bill of sale and you are not entitled to a copy. A contract does not belong to any one person, it is a record of an agreement and both sides are entitled to that record.

Mark
Old 09-30-2011, 05:24 AM   #96
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
I can't wait to see what search terms will bring up this thread in Google. Regency could get F'd in the A pretty good.
Everyone +1 and "Like" the first post, and post it on other forums, it might help

BTW it's not the first time this dealer has had complaints

http://www.revscene.net/forums/53563...orthshore.html
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2011, 07:42 AM   #97

Quote:

Posted via RS Mobile
Some people have no knowledge about law or just pretend not knowing anything about law. These people are giving other hardworking people in this industry a bad name. You have to make your effort based on law, because different people have different "principle". Moreover, the effort should be made before people putting down their deposit, not after. you should clearly state the definition, terms and conditions of the deposit, and write them down on paper, and get signatures and initials. If you do not do it, you are willing to bear the risk and cost of shipping and stocking yourself, in exchange for the customer's faster decision-making. Remember, you had not lost anything yet but the expected ex ante payoff is high. Ex post, every once a while a customer could change his/her mind, you should bear this cost if you did not hedge this risk. But on average, you can make money by not forcing people sign nonrefundable deposit agreement. This is a business strategy, and the principle is "exchange future return with bearing the risk". Think about the stock market if you have a hard time understanding this. Or you are just pretending to be ignorant.

Making any effort to keep the deposit is wrong if you have used this business strategy implicitly. It is your cost. What is worse, presenting a non-legally binding contract as legal and try to keep the deposit, is a forgery or "offenses resembling forgery" as I cited in previous posts. If you do that, can I say that you principle is "Get my money by any means, including crime"? Some people have been torturing Vancouver customers for over 10 years, now it is time to stop. Maybe you learned nothing about law when you got your certificate. Then it must be the authority's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
good job getting your money back...

did you report this to the BBB....

Yes I sure did. However, they are not as quick as VSA.

Last edited by legalaction; 09-30-2011 at 07:42 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2011, 07:53 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmk View Post
I hope people at Regency Infiniti see this thread.

Trying to rip off the OP is gonna cost them way more than $1000!
I do not know whether they are reading. But obviously other people who use the same scam is reading and trying to defend them, which I am more than happy to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
What is not true is what you said the salesperson said: it is "their" bill of sale and you are not entitled to a copy. A contract does not belong to any one person, it is a record of an agreement and both sides are entitled to that record.

Mark
It is not true. But he said it. And I will use it as evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Everyone +1 and "Like" the first post, and post it on other forums, it might help

BTW it's not the first time this dealer has had complaints

http://www.revscene.net/forums/53563...orthshore.html
Thanks a lot for helping me. If VSA do not punish them enough, they will eventually be afraid of nothing. Now they have forged the document just to get that $1000, what would they do to their cars when there is more profit? Can you imagine?
Old 09-30-2011, 07:54 AM   #99
Hyde's Understudy

^ can you not try to use complicated terms and expressions? Its making your post very hard to understand. If your English isn't good, stick with the basics first.
Posted via RS Mobile
BlackZRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2011, 08:08 AM   #100

Quote:
^ can you not try to use complicated terms and expressions? Its making your post very hard to understand. If your English isn't good, stick with the basics first.
Posted via RS Mobile
Keep pretending man. Keep going. I am amazed that you come to this post so early in the morning. That is very intriguing and people will make their judgement.
This post FAILED by: