REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 02:10 PM   #26
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

kinda off topic...but I haven't seen Sorat post on the board anymore of any deals specials going on
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #27
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
I also forgot to mention, wheels they were putting on were boss 338 on the back 18x9.5. Because it was so easy to see the drum (and the surface rust stains that were on there) they hit it with black spray paint. No problems with that it was the fact that there was fucking overspray on my quarters. I didnt notice till i got home so i ended up buffing it but still holy fuck.
Previous
1977 Firebird 5.7
1987 Iroc-Z 2.5
1998 Firebird 3.8
1992 BMW 325i 2.5
1994 Dodge Ram 5.2
1996 Dodge Ram 5.9
1996 Cavalier Z22 2.2
1997 Mustang Cobra 4.6
Old 11-10-2011, 09:18 PM   #28
Get Money, Get Paid

Thanked 1,264 Times in 262 Posts
Sorat staff was good, my winter tires were a good deal. However, the shop next to them they use to mount my tires did a shit job, scratched and chipped the hell out of my wheels. Also, one of the tires leaked the next day, turns out it needed a new valve stem. Didn't bother driving all the way back to North Van, just paid Budget $20 to fix it.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:23 PM   #29
Revscene.net Licensed Sponsor

Hey Guys, Shirzad Here from SORAT

We have tried very hard in the past 3 years since our new shop has openned to try to address all the issues that have ever been casue by our staff. and recently have made MANY changes to ensure a great experience for our new and old customers.

. we have a new Touchless Corghi Master mounter to ensure there are no scratches on any of your high end wheels. with that said, I DO GUARANTEE THE WORK ON MOUNTING, which i couldn't do before with a clamp machine

. We have the BEST Balancing machine in the industry which puts the Hunter road force to shame, its the New Italian CEMB Laser machine, does wheel and tire runouts in 8 seconds, and there is no extra charge for a runout test if you are mounting tires. wiht that said WE GUARANTEE BALANCING for 30 DAYS! since the new machine we have had no issues.

. Many of our past entry level emplyees are no longer with us, our current employees including our TECH whom has over 15 years of experience in tuning, turbos and repairs are ready to takle anything you can throw at them with our guarantee.

. now we work with 3 lifts rather than the one last year, so we do accept drop ins
. Certain things are now standard with every tire change and we give you a copy of the checklist which our shop employees sign and are responsible for.
..... Tire pressure
..... Center caps
..... ALL NEW VALVE STEMS FREE OF CHARGE
..... HAND TORQUE WHEELS TO PROPER SPECS
..... LOCATION OF YOUR WHEEL LOCK KEY

one thing is I always try to read your comments and improve on the level of service we provide. learning from past mistakes is the most important thing to us and whether by employing better people or upgrading equipment we will try our best to get your satisfaction.

if you ever have an issue with a service you got from us, PM me or call me (Shirzad) and let me know, and give me the opportunity to take care of the situation for you. things do happen, even with our current double and triple checking. i would do my best to take care of the situation to make sure there are no issues. if i don't know of a situation i won't be able to fix it.

if for any reason you have any issue with anything in the past, let me know i will make it up to you on your next purchase!

Thanks for reading!

(604) 980 . 7013

info@soratwheels.ca
http://www.soratwheels.ca

WHEEL BRANDS: STRADA-MHT-NICHE-DUB-ELITE-FOOSE-MONOTECH-FUEL OFFROAD
100's OF OUR OWN TUNER WHEELS - REPLICA BMW, MB, AUDI, VW, PORSCHE

TIRE BRANDS : VREDESTEIN-HANKOOK-CONTINENTAL-BFGOODRICH-GOODYEAR-MICHELIN-BRIDGESTONE
TOYO-PIRELLI-YOKOHAMA-KUMHO-NITTO-DUNLOP-GENERAL-SUMITOMO-COOPER-ACHILLES-ATTURO & MORE

Old 12-28-2011, 07:50 PM   #30
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
Will drop in soon for summer tires!
Old 12-29-2011, 09:48 AM   #31
GG
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird79_00 View Post
I also forgot to mention, wheels they were putting on were boss 338 on the back 18x9.5. Because it was so easy to see the drum (and the surface rust stains that were on there) they hit it with black spray paint. No problems with that it was the fact that there was fucking overspray on my quarters. I didnt notice till i got home so i ended up buffing it but still holy fuck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvoman View Post
Sorat staff was good, my winter tires were a good deal. However, the shop next to them they use to mount my tires did a shit job, scratched and chipped the hell out of my wheels. Also, one of the tires leaked the next day, turns out it needed a new valve stem. Didn't bother driving all the way back to North Van, just paid Budget $20 to fix it.
that seems pretty terrible man
Old 12-29-2011, 10:29 AM   #32

firebird79_00 :
I wish you had told me about the overspray, just cause i would tell me guys in the back to be more careful so this doesn't happen to other cars, and also would have definetly tried to even get the body shop next door to clean that up for you. again sorry for what happened, all i can offer you at this moment is an appology and a promise to try my best to make you happty if you were to do business with us again

Volvoman:

i was not aware of the scratching at all, i don't think you notified anyone here if I'm not mistaking, i would have rectified it if someone had butchered your wheels or something. as for the leak again my appologies, either it was never replaced by us or a faulty valve, which we have had in the batches of 1000, either way that is something we would take care of, even if you went to Budget and got it done i would definetly take ccare of that for you. and that still stands so you got a $20 credit with me whether you wanna use it now or in 2 years.

(604) 980 . 7013

info@soratwheels.ca

TIRE BRANDS : VREDESTEIN-HANKOOK-CONTINENTAL-BFGOODRICH-GOODYEAR-MICHELIN-BRIDGESTONE
TOYO-PIRELLI-YOKOHAMA-KUMHO-NITTO-DUNLOP-GENERAL-SUMITOMO-COOPER-ACHILLES-ATTURO & MORE

Old 12-29-2011, 11:02 AM   #33
My homepage has been set to RS

Having worked in a few shops, a quote is exactly that... a quote. Especially if it's given over email it can't be relied on. BUT... they should mention that and not suprise you when the work is done.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:03 AM   #34
My homepage has been set to RS

Any time work was costing more than I quoted, I always called the customer to confirm that we go ahead. Any shop that dosen't do that is a joke in my mind.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:18 AM   #35

I agree completely, there was no work involved for this to go up in price, it was a tire and the price is clearly on our website, Kumho LX platinum was at the time $259/pc in 245/40/19 installed and $298/pc for Continental DWS installed. i was told that he will take the $259 one, and i said that is about onw week away since i didn't have it in stock he said i need something today and i told him i have the continentals in stock. he said no problem, came down and got it done and then there was the issue of the price difference, i had mentione dthe price exactly correctly, and this is not something i will ever go back on, since i remember this situation correctly. i offered to take the tires off and he paid. we couldn't find one of the tires which was our mistake, we have 4000 tires in stock and we got shorted a continental. i told him i will order them for him for the following week, he said: "i will let you know if i need them a place in burnaby has them for $268, so if they don't have it i will call you" 2 weeks later he called and said where is my tire?" byt then i had already ordered more for stock he had a nail in one which had to be replaced close to the sidewall. so we change donly the damaged tire not even the 4th one. at that time DWS ahd gone up by $7 dollars in price, he asked for a deal, and i tried my best and gave him a couple of more dollars off, like $295 instead of $303 is was. the best I could do, but i couldn't knock it down to the Kumho LX platinum pricing.
this is just my explanation, I know the customer is under a different impression, if it was labor and I had quoted him something and charge him something else i would be at fault, but this clearly was not the situation

I have explained this many times, our prices are online, only stock changes, might be stuff on the site which i dont' have currently but we are on top of the pricing.

(604) 980 . 7013

info@soratwheels.ca

Old 12-29-2011, 03:18 PM   #36
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ yea that was my brother with the M45...

I've sent him to you 2 times and both times he ended up paying more than what was agreed upon, he just basically told me each time he honestly felt like you guys were jerking him around.
He drove all the way from Delta to your shop in North Van cuz you guys were $150 cheaper than the shop close by his house, but once you guys were finished with his car turned out to be the same price... Him twice, few of my club members friends as well, always charged more than originally quoted, and it's not just a "few" $7 bucks like you mentioned.
But then again maybe I'm spoiled when it comes to shop expectations, I've only been to pretty much the best shops in town like Speed Syndicate, Monkey Nutz Racing in Burnaby, DHP and Garage 5 in Richmond, these shops every aspect of their work, from the telephone guy handling quotes to the desk person when I show up, to the mechanic who works on the car... all staff legit, no excuses, no "hey sorry customers yea that desk guy fcked up but it's ok cuz we let him go"... etc...

And one last question, that last incident with my brother about the nail in the sidewall, Continental provides a 1 year warranty right.
He called you about it, you told him to call Continental because they take care of that. Continental said that whoever carries their product is liable to honor their warranties so it should be honored at place of purchase (your shop)
I advised him to get you and continental on 3 way to figure it out, but he didn't have the patience for that and got it fixed for $50 at big O...
I just would like clarification for me and any of us in here so we know in the future what the procedure is and who takes care of what exactly.

Thanks for responding in the thread BTW, like I said in my original post it's not my intention to bash your shop, just letting people know mine and other's experience since we've all had the quote mishap more than a few times unfortunately
Old 12-29-2011, 04:24 PM   #37

man as i explained to you they way it came out i honestly thought this guy is straight up lying to my face, since i was the one who quoted the price. so i couldn't back down. i do get these kinds of people in my shop all the time so ya. now I see it was misunderstanding on price, again i sent you the explanation, i will have to leave this at that. i'm clearly the loser at the end of this. but I felt like this one situation i needed to write my side on.

PS:
and I would like to mention about the warranty, i DO NOT offer Road hazard warranty, and i tell every single customer as im handing them their invoice. I have had customers whom had gotten it from continental and customers that have been denied. WE DO offer any defect warranty, and also free flat repair as long as its within repairable parameters.

(604) 980 . 7013

info@soratwheels.ca

Old 12-29-2011, 07:05 PM   #38
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SORA'T View Post
man as i explained to you they way it came out i honestly thought this guy is straight up lying to my face, since i was the one who quoted the price. so i couldn't back down. i do get these kinds of people in my shop all the time so ya. now I see it was misunderstanding on price, again i sent you the explanation, i will have to leave this at that. i'm clearly the loser at the end of this. but I felt like this one situation i needed to write my side on.

PS:
and I would like to mention about the warranty, i DO NOT offer Road hazard warranty, and i tell every single customer as im handing them their invoice. I have had customers whom had gotten it from continental and customers that have been denied. WE DO offer any defect warranty, and also free flat repair as long as its within repairable parameters.

So you tell them after they pay?
This post thanked by:
Old 12-29-2011, 07:20 PM   #39

your point is actually valid, obviosely if we are asked about warranty before hand we do inform the customer about not offering road hazzard, only certain manufacturer's offer road hazard. certain chains offer then as an extra charge and that is industry standard. however continental DWS has a 2/32" road hazzard warranty which i do not offer. its from Continental and since i don't deal with them directly i don't offer it. but i will ask my web guy to put that on the website. and try to include those in our ads too. defect warranty is always offered that is another case.

i do appreciate your input guys, however its worded, it is the only way i will be able to improve on things.

(604) 980 . 7013

info@soratwheels.ca

Old 12-29-2011, 08:02 PM   #40
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SORA'T View Post
firebird79_00 :
I wish you had told me about the overspray, just cause i would tell me guys in the back to be more careful so this doesn't happen to other cars, and also would have definetly tried to even get the body shop next door to clean that up for you. again sorry for what happened, all i can offer you at this moment is an appology and a promise to try my best to make you happty if you were to do business with us again
Honestly after dealing with you guys the first and second time, i more or less thought your response would be its not my problem. Trying to even get a time there to put the wheels on you seemed like you didnt even have time to talk to me let alone put on my wheels, i do however appreciate you guys storing my rims there until i got the correct one from a different company. On the thurs and friday leading up to me trying to pick up my locking lugnuts, i had probably 4 or 5 calls with you in that time trying to see if they were in, all it takes is one 30 second call back to let me know if theyre in or not. It wasnt until i showed up on the saturday that i actually recieved confirmation that they were there. And when i did show up, whoever was behind the counter seemed pissed off i had showed up.
Previous
1977 Firebird 5.7
1987 Iroc-Z 2.5
1998 Firebird 3.8
1992 BMW 325i 2.5
1994 Dodge Ram 5.2
1996 Dodge Ram 5.9
1996 Cavalier Z22 2.2
1997 Mustang Cobra 4.6
Old 12-29-2011, 08:38 PM   #41

understandable, no one is pissed off man, sometimes it gets so busy that we lose our smile. just know that we weren't trying to dick you around with that lock kit, honestly in the chaos sometimes little things get forgotten too which is not an excuse. nevertheless, there is no attitude or anything, sorry if it came out that way, maybe we practice smiling a bit more! jk
in the future anything you need just remind me of the situation and i will give you the VIP treatment! maybe some hookers and blow afterwards

(604) 980 . 7013

info@soratwheels.ca

Old 12-29-2011, 09:10 PM   #42
spammin my services for a case of stella...

they never return phone calls, if they pick up guy always sounds pissed off....F #$ them

quality > quantity
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-29-2011, 10:55 PM   #43
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
I guess you guys have really really really really high standards when it comes to going to a wheel shop. I once went to a BIG O and the guy literally threw my summer tires in my trunk and disconnected one of the speakers when i talked to his manager about it he said to call him afterwards because he was about to go on lunch. I emailed their corporate HR and they sent me a coupon lol
Old 12-30-2011, 12:02 AM   #44
degenerate extraordinaire

when they say their phone doesn't stop ringing, they mean it.

I went to get new tires installed on my car, I literally stood there in their office for 15 minutes waiting for the phone to stop ringing. I mean, sure I could have the attitude that because I am standing there, I should have utmost priority, but it's a business after all. It's one guy in the office handling face to face inquiries, appointments AND answering the phone.

However, you shouldn't have much expectations for them to give you a call when the job is done, or else you'll be disappointed
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:16 AM   #45

We got more people now in the office for that reason, I hate not being able to respond to everyone, but I can't hire too many people either. So with 3 people now in the office we can hopefully handle busy times much better.

(604) 980 . 7013

info@soratwheels.ca

Old 02-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #46
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
i just came back from dealing with shirzad at sorat. my dad went curb jumping with his foz and trashed one of his tires, but i had to change the entire set because it was awd and the other 3 were worn. shirzad was patient on the phone with all my stupid questions and got me an appointment on the same day. i haven't been to sorat since the day it first opened and the showroom has changed for the better. he had me out the door in an hour as promised and put the spare back into the trunk well. everything was clean, no damage to anything.

however the only blip was that the car was left outside with the keys in the ignition...
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 02-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #47

thanks for the business, we have a parking problem here, i have to keep keys on the car between the time on the car leave the shop to the time customer picks up since its parked on the bike lane which the city decided to put right in front recently. its more a method to make sure the car doesn't get a ticket, not really carelessness. one day when we move to a bigger location the parking problem will be fixed but for now we have to trick the bylaw

again thanks for the business, much appreciated!

(604) 980 . 7013

info@soratwheels.ca

This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2012, 06:43 PM   #48
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Gonna have to chime in here with positive feedback for Sorat, they had stock when nobody else did, and a cheaper price, and installed them within an hour of my original phone call.

They also did not scratch my Volks and the price never changed from the phone call till payment.

Sorry you had a bad experience... can happen anywhere, but I hope it doesn't discourage potential future customers.. besides, support the little guy not the corporate giants like fountain tire.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #49

thanks for the support! we did some staff changes as well, all the people that change tires are now experienced techs and with the top of the line equipment we have our goal for the future is to offer the best customer service we can. one day at a time i will make sure the mistakes of the past never happen again. many thanks again for the positive feedback.

(604) 980 . 7013

info@soratwheels.ca

Old 03-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #50
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thought I'd post in here since reading this thread helped me make my decision.

Was initially skeptical about dealing with Sora't after reading all the negative experiences in the past. But there was no way around the fact that they had the sizes I needed in stock when mulitple other shops didn't and they also had the cheapest price.

My original plan was to buy the tires, but skip the install because my wheels were freshly refinished and I didn't want to take the risk. Shirzad's replies however changed my mind and convinced me to take a chance (which I give him props for doing as a business owner)

Long story short: Got my tires mounted/stretched and balanced today at Sora't, no damage, lowest price, quick install, good service.

Sorry to hear about the shitty experiences in the past, but they've clearly listened and stepped it up.
Closed Thread