REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Sora't Wheels and Tires

yea i know they're a sponsor on here... it's why i'm posting here so every future customer knows the deal.

I can get into the specifics of what happened but there's no need for a long thread where I sound like a pissed off customer who just wants to bad mouth them, I dont, this is just a friendly heads up. They got decent prices and customer service is typical for a wrench monkey type a shop, but simply put they are masters of ye ole "I'll quote ya this, but I'll charge ya that after the work is done" deal, and then come up with some bullshit about why it's that much more...

me personally also all of my friends we're done going there, given them enough chances to be stand up they seem to pull this shit every time, I will say the only proper exchanges I have had with them is when I have just bought tires from them, without mounting there or any of that, just went there picked up tires said no more than a full sentence paid in cash and left.
I'm sure some of you have had good experiences there, and some bad.

anyway my suggestion to anyone going there would have to be, and this pretty much goes for any car shop, when you show up before they even touch your car just confirm with them "hey i was quoted this much, so that's what I'm paying right"
dont let them just take your car or wheels under the pretense that the work is gonna cost what they quoted over email or the phone, because it won't.
Right O, now back to my NFL sunday
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
hmm my experience with sorat was pretty positive.. but thats exactly what i did with them when i got my hankook ventus v12's installed and balanced. i called them up asked for a quote, including taxes and the final price of what EXACTLY i am paying for.

and i actually ended paying 1dollar less then what they initially quoted too
Old 11-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark View Post
hmm my experience with sorat was pretty positive.. but thats exactly what i did with them when i got my hankook ventus v12's installed and balanced. i called them up asked for a quote, including taxes and the final price of what EXACTLY i am paying for.

and i actually ended paying 1dollar less then what they initially quoted too
+1 bought a set of tires and rims from them two years ago when they were still pretty disorganized and didn't really have a showroom. even threw in a set of 5mm spacers (i know they're not worth much but it's a nice gesture) so that the wheels would fit

Most recent experience was with vdub333 when we got some V12 ventus mounted and balanced in March this year, they seemed like a snobbier group this time around but overall was a satisfactory experience considering we didn't really set up an appointment and just dropped in to buy and install a set of tires. They did however lose the hub rings but found them shortly after we noticed they were missing, no biggie

Nowadays though it's only discount tire direct for me lol Customer service is A+++ and prices are usually the best

Last edited by ilvtofu; 11-06-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:45 AM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Hmm... I've had no issues at all with Shirzad and his business. I've recommended quite a number of people to go there and all have had no issues at all, 100% satisfaction rate.

Edit: but I always find out exactly what the cost will be beforehand.. no leaving it to chance. I find that all auto places do this.. especially dealerships and Cambodian Tire.

Wish I could say that for many other businesses.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:12 PM   #5
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
They stayed good on price for me, but there was a lot of bullshit i had to deal with. Initially everything went fine putting the wheels on but then they discovered i would need a different set of Lug Nuts for the rear end...that was fine and they had to order them because they were out of stock. I was told they would get them in on the thursday and would call me on thursday. Friday afternoon i still hadnt heard anything so i gave them a call and the guy at the desk said he didnt know and would have the other guy call me, a few hours later i still hadnt heard anything so i called again. The guy that picked up the phone that i had talked to earlier picked up again, i asked what was going on. The response he gave me was that theyre short handed this morning and his tone was very i dont have time for you. Seeing as i had already paid for them they had nothing to gain. At that point i left it until monday and called again, same guy responded and gave me the same run around so i said fuck it, i went down there on the monday and the reaction was still i dont have time for you, get out of here. I asked to speak to the other guy and he said he was busy at the moment, i walked out of the shop and into where they install to talk to him. He handed me the Lug nuts and i walked out. I was pissed off because he couldnt give me a phone call that would talk all of a minute to let me know they were there. I understand theyre busy but seriously take a minute and call me so i can come pick them up. Would not deal with them again.
Previous
1977 Firebird 5.7
1987 Iroc-Z 2.5
1998 Firebird 3.8
1992 BMW 325i 2.5
1994 Dodge Ram 5.2
1996 Dodge Ram 5.9
1996 Cavalier Z22 2.2
1997 Mustang Cobra 4.6
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2011, 01:09 PM   #6

Aside from their inconsistent customer service issues, I wouldnt have a problem if they said ok hey this is a rough estimate of how much it will be a lot of places do that, give you a rough estimate, theres a difference between quotes and estimates. But they specifically give out a quote for lets say a $500, then you drive all the way to north van and when they finish, all of the sudden of hey btw its gonna be an extra $30 per wheel on top of the original quote we agreed upon.
Like buddy the reason i drove all the way up here is cuz your quote beat the shop down the street from me by enough bucks for it to be worth my time driving on the other side of town, you for real
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #7
HELP ME PLS!!!

I have had no issues with Sorat, bought couple sets of rims/tires and had them mount and balance as well. price i paid was the price agreed on in email.

sorry to hear about your situation man
Last edited by sexyaccord on 69-69-6969 at 69:69 PM
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
Sorat is awesome.....nothing but positive outcomes.

You should always watch out for quotes, even if the mechanic is Jesus himself. Mishaps always happen.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #9
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
^
Not when it comes to parts.
Any half decent shop wouldn't give you a price quote on parts that they're selling, then jack up the price when you get there 30 minutes later.

That's just bad business.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #10
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
I've never had a issue with parts quote but labour quotes always seem to get mixed up.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #11
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

my personal experience with Sora't has been positive. No issues with prices what-so-ever.

1995 BMW 530i
1990 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
2002 Ford Explorer EB V8 4x4
2005 Acura RSX Type-S (SOLD)
1999 BMW 540i
Old 11-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #12
I don't get it

Sorat is great to use as a benchmark for tire prices. I have purchased numerous sets from him in the past but now use Tyler @ TJ Auto in Richmond as it's closer to home and he's always willing to match the Sorat pricing.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2011, 11:36 PM   #13
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Positive experience for me.

Except when it gets super busy like winter season, good luck getting a hold of them. But at the same time its understandable. I just think that better communication from both ends would helped a lot.

When i got my tires, i asked for the final price and i paid just that. Same with my buddies.

Shitty you had a bad experience and thanks for sharing. But yeah, $120 in additional cost would piss me off too.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2011, 12:06 AM   #14

it was more than a $120 extra, i actually did not wanna go there again cuz they pulled the same shit last time a few months ago on my brother, but I had no choice i needed the tires on that day..

well just make sure with them that you guys confirm the total price matches the quote before they touch your car that's all, because they've tried pullin this with not just me but my brother and some friends as well

suzuka, does your Tyler guy stock tires on premises or has to order?
Old 11-07-2011, 09:34 AM   #15
My homepage has been set to RS

their prices are good but they didnt balance my wheels correctly....they left the old weights on and just added new ones
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #16
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
I'll chime in,

I bought tires from Sorat before, the owner is an awesome guy to deal with and very friendly.

I never got them to mount/balance my tires before as I get them done at The Speed Syndicate simply cause I know curtis will not scratch my wheels.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
Old 11-07-2011, 09:55 AM   #17
GG
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

north van is way too far
Old 11-07-2011, 10:21 AM   #18

Bought a set of tires from them last season, right over our first snow fall. It took me roughly 20 call attempts before I could actually get through to someone. It was worth it in the end they had the best pricing by far, the guy was easy to deal with. I would buy from again
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-08-2011, 07:39 PM   #19
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Its been pretty positive for me. Went there for sets for both my cars, and my mom winters.

Ive gotten the bull shit of yea its gonna cost ya $10 more a wheel, but u call out the boss and tell him ur a rev guy he's pretty nice and usually honor the quote

For the price and product, u dont go 2 mcdicks and expect Cioppino grill service. As long as i get good tires, and its done rite, its all good for me
-10 Fit
Old 11-08-2011, 07:47 PM   #20
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
it was more than a $120 extra, i actually did not wanna go there again cuz they pulled the same shit last time a few months ago on my brother, but I had no choice i needed the tires on that day..

well just make sure with them that you guys confirm the total price matches the quote before they touch your car that's all, because they've tried pullin this with not just me but my brother and some friends as well

suzuka, does your Tyler guy stock tires on premises or has to order?
He orders and takes delivery the next day. I went over to purchase winter tires and he's sitting on a bunch of triangle snowlions. It's a new business so he doesn't have the capital to hold a massive inventory. His warehouse also has a bunch of used tires.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:19 PM   #21

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
I ordered and picked up next day. No install though, just grab n go with no problems. Gave me an additional $20 off for not havign them mounted there.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:23 PM   #22
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

I went with Sorat 2 years ago to swap on winters on my wheels. They were cheap. Answered phones quick, didn't take too long to swap. But thing is they added to my wheels weights instead of taking the old ones off like emone said. Since my wheels are staggered, they put the wrongs ones in the front and the other ones in the back. Had to rotate the tires when I got home.

Last year their prices jumped up, so I just go to Speed Syndicate. It's closer for me and they do really good work.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #23
How I Mod your mother

No issues here either, however I only bought tires. They were even delivered to my house free of charge
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
Old 11-09-2011, 10:14 PM   #24

I havent really made any transactions with them but when i called for pricing on brakes, i got quoted the prices but suddenly followed with a very rude remark from the salesman. I told the salesman that i just need the parts and i wont get them installed until summer. He then gave a rude reply stating not to call him until summer time then. I was a little shocked that i was just told off. I was looking to buy the parts asap and just get them installed come summertime but he made it sound like there's an expiration date on the brakes.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #25
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by haymura View Post
I havent really made any transactions with them but when i called for pricing on brakes, i got quoted the prices but suddenly followed with a very rude remark from the salesman. I told the salesman that i just need the parts and i wont get them installed until summer. He then gave a rude reply stating not to call him until summer time then. I was a little shocked that i was just told off. I was looking to buy the parts asap and just get them installed come summertime but he made it sound like there's an expiration date on the brakes.
he was probably pissed off because he thought you were fucking around with him. He shouldn't have talk back that way to you though. that's like asking potential customers to go away.
Closed Thread