REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #51
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
threezero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,745
Thanked 1,021 Times in 432 Posts
i don't confess unless i've already hit a homerun, even than sometimes its not a good idea. Once you've confess the ball is no longer in your court.

threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #52
RS Lurker, I don't post!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yameen View Post
rather than starting a new thread, i wanted to bring this old one back up.

from the comments that i'm seeing, it seems like the majority agree that waiting it out and not confessing is the way to go. a few of you have mentioned this, but at what point would you confess to get away from the "friendzone". what if the girl has an attraction towards you and waiting for you to confess, but because it took too long, they now start to lose interest.

i'm asking because i'm confused and i'm sort of in a similar situation.



so far from the above list, the ones bolded is what i know of how she feels about me. there were others things we did so far, such as having dinner alone together. i tease her a lot and make fun of her in a playful way. she doesn't get mad and we both get a good laugh. she compliments me a lot (friendzone?) i was late in asking her to watch a certain movie with me and i said "dang, i wanted to watch that movie with you too" and she replied back by saying that if i can't find anyone else, she would watch it again with me.

originally i planned on asking her to dinner this weekend and confessing, but it seems like everything in this thread is telling me not to. any thoughts?
I never really understand why something so simple is so complicated

Life is short, so why waste it chasing after some girl for years and go no where?.

Get to the point!, be selfish, think for yourself, make yourself happy and stop being miserable every seconds every mins you're not with her and go to bed every damn night wondering if she want to start something with you or not.

I say the next time you find that right moment whether its a drive her home or watching a movie at home, or anywhere where its just the only two of you and pop the question!

Tell her something like "I don't want to regret this later on or for the rest of my life but I just want you to know that I have feeling for you and I want us to be more then friends" or something along those lines but make sure you make it clear to her what you're trying to say.

You either get the answer you dying to hear or you don't.

If you get the answer you been dying to hear then

If you dont get the answer you want then now you can stop wasting your time thinking if things will ever happen between you 2 and move on with your life and hope the next girl is your SO.

Corny as it sounds, but just follow your heart dude. Be honest, be positive, get to the point and keep life simple.
Fmediumkick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #53
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race
 
Psykopathik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Coquitlam y0!
Posts: 21,240
Thanked 965 Times in 445 Posts
if you like her, chances are someone else does too.

He who hesitates, masturbates.
__________________
My 100+ Buy and Sell feedback
Psykopathik is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #54
RabidMod
 
RabidRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 5,677
Thanked 568 Times in 200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yameen View Post
rather than starting a new thread, i wanted to bring this old one back up.

from the comments that i'm seeing, it seems like the majority agree that waiting it out and not confessing is the way to go. a few of you have mentioned this, but at what point would you confess to get away from the "friendzone". what if the girl has an attraction towards you and waiting for you to confess, but because it took too long, they now start to lose interest.

i'm asking because i'm confused and i'm sort of in a similar situation.



so far from the above list, the ones bolded is what i know of how she feels about me. there were others things we did so far, such as having dinner alone together. i tease her a lot and make fun of her in a playful way. she doesn't get mad and we both get a good laugh. she compliments me a lot (friendzone?) i was late in asking her to watch a certain movie with me and i said "dang, i wanted to watch that movie with you too" and she replied back by saying that if i can't find anyone else, she would watch it again with me.

originally i planned on asking her to dinner this weekend and confessing, but it seems like everything in this thread is telling me not to. any thoughts?
I don't see the need for confessing. Why not just keep asking her out and spending more time with her? Eventually it'll get to the point where you won't have to guess anymore and you'll just know she's into you.
__________________
03 S2K | 07 R6
RabidRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #55
I subscribe to Revscene
 
Durrann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: E. Vancouver
Posts: 1,907
Thanked 300 Times in 135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRat View Post
I don't see the need for confessing. Why not just keep asking her out and spending more time with her? Eventually it'll get to the point where you won't have to guess anymore and you'll just know she's into you.
but that can lead to being friendzoned
wont it?

hows that different from any of her other friends doing that
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #56
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
gloors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,354
Thanked 436 Times in 177 Posts
Is it worth confessing to a girl that your head overheels for that you like her but according to her own words she's not looking for anything atm right now. Yeah I know that seems like she's not interested but I have a huge gut feeling to wait it out with hwr
gloors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #57
Zombie Mod
 
Presto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Langley
Posts: 9,270
Thanked 4,403 Times in 1,278 Posts
Yameen, I've hit those bolded points, before. When it's only those points, then you are in the friendzone. As previous posts have said: when a girl likes you, she makes it obvious. How long have you been going out with her? Does she call you, or are you the one that's always calling her?
__________________
Romans 10:9
Presto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #58
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS
 
CP.AR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FL400
Posts: 5,833
Thanked 3,018 Times in 1,025 Posts
Here's my story

her and I were already really good friends.
I asked her to see if we can "try" going further into the relationship. I said if she didn't then we can still be awesome friends and I'll just leave it at that.

She agreed.
we've been together for 6 years now.
__________________
My Babies:
2004 Camry Special Special Edition (Van)
1997 Mazda Eunos 500 (Oz) (Sold... obviously)
CP.AR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #59
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
yameen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Vancity
Posts: 1,294
Thanked 129 Times in 48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrann View Post
but that can lead to being friendzoned
wont it?

hows that different from any of her other friends doing that
this was my mentality. don't want to get friendzoned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro Ray View Post
Here's my story

her and I were already really good friends.
I asked her to see if we can "try" going further into the relationship. I said if she didn't then we can still be awesome friends and I'll just leave it at that.

She agreed.
we've been together for 6 years now.
thanks amuro, that's actually a very good line to use. i'll ask to see if we can try and if not, then it was never really meant to be to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
Yameen, I've hit those bolded points, before. When it's only those points, then you are in the friendzone. As previous posts have said: when a girl likes you, she makes it obvious. How long have you been going out with her? Does she call you, or are you the one that's always calling her?
she's a very shy girl in terms of initiating anything. she never calls out people. knowing that, she texts me. it's been about a month and i see her weekly. which is why i'm thinking about using amuro's line to just let it out and see what happens when we have our next dinner. also, i mentioned that she was willing to rewatch a movie with me and she always makes an effort to talk to me when we're around other people.

Last edited by yameen; 04-03-2012 at 04:34 PM.
yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #60
RS Lurker, I don't post!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 4
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I say the same thing amuro say and you thank him and not me?!



Just playing hahah, i say the next time you hangout with her.. Just pull the trigger! and give us the good news!
Fmediumkick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #61
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
yameen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Vancity
Posts: 1,294
Thanked 129 Times in 48 Posts
it's been a week but i felt like i should update RS. confessed after our date and lets just say i didn't get friendzoned, and she felt the same way. however, she wants to take it slow which is what i want too since i'm busy with my own life. thanks RS! i am pro-confess early rather than not confessing. thanks for everyone's advice!
yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #62
MoD
 
k2_alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: a rainy city
Posts: 3,482
Thanked 1,803 Times in 225 Posts
^good job!
now actually take it slow.
Dont mess up!

Good luck!
__________________
Lets street race, first one to jail wins
k2_alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:48 AM   #63
Doesn't know that condom-depot.com has free shipping
 
doritos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: port coquitlam
Posts: 303
Thanked 81 Times in 32 Posts
honestly, it all depends on looks, personality and your presence around them. My current gf told me she liked me after one week, my ex told me after the second date. I don't even talk, we go to the movies, dinner, they invite me back to their place to watch a movie or tv shows and I leave and thats it. I never tried chasing or showed interest at first. Some reason they just end up liking me for who I am. I probably am bad than most people out there because I am bad at having conversations. Maybe im just childish at heart so they like it.
doritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #64
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 857
Thanked 1,067 Times in 228 Posts
also - if you try and fail, that's part of learning. i doubt there's any guys out there that have never been rejected before.
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #65
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
cruz-in's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,023
Thanked 420 Times in 116 Posts
ive never confessed, its only gotten me a broken heart.

i tell her i like her and i would like to go futher with my actions.
cruz-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net