REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:33 AM   #30001
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
I've heard the thing compresses your knee good.. If anything though I'd take it as something positive.. helps with rebound outta the hole :P

For you strength peeps, started running sheiko 29 base cycle.. will update y'all on how it goes. I'm liking the sheer volume that this program has with light weights... great for building muscle mass, nervous system efficiency, movement development.
sheiko 29 imo is for beginners run this one instead
http://www.joeskopec.com/borisp.xls
Advertisement
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:28 AM   #30002

Thanked 2,051 Times in 676 Posts
Quote:
I've heard the thing compresses your knee good.. If anything though I'd take it as something positive.. helps with rebound outta the hole :P
Ya I can definitely agree that it helps with the stretch reflex, but I feel like the tightness is cutting off circulation Getting used to it though.

On a side note, been running your typical 5/3/1 on deadlift for the past 4 months now, and been seeing linear progress.

About to go into my 5th month, but considering the 10 week Ed Coan routine. Any insight on it? Deadlift is at ~465lb...wanting to hit 495lb by September
Fcukedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:18 AM   #30003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcukedd View Post
Ya I can definitely agree that it helps with the stretch reflex, but I feel like the tightness is cutting off circulation Getting used to it though.

On a side note, been running your typical 5/3/1 on deadlift for the past 4 months now, and been seeing linear progress.

About to go into my 5th month, but considering the 10 week Ed Coan routine. Any insight on it? Deadlift is at ~465lb...wanting to hit 495lb by September
check out the review here
Critiquing The Coan Philippi Deadlift Routine | PowerliftingToWin
This post thanked by:
Old 06-25-2014, 04:39 PM   #30004
I bringith the lowerballerith

when doing bench and driving legs into ground i feel a tightness/cramp in the underside of my quads/hamstrings (below glutes), which doesnt allow me to use much leg drive during the press

how to get rid of this tightness? feels like something gonna pop in my leg unless i put my feet on the bench, i didnt have this problem until recently because i hadnt benched in a while was doing db presses for a long time
PK6o4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:43 PM   #30005
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
sheiko 29 imo is for beginners run this one instead
http://www.joeskopec.com/borisp.xls
i was told russians do reps first before sets. Is this the case in this program?

And looks like a pretty good prep program. I fall just under the CMS level barely lol. Percentages aren't too high.

I will alter it so I get in the gym 5-6 times a week.

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:22 AM   #30006

Quote:
i was told russians do reps first before sets. Is this the case in this program?

And looks like a pretty good prep program. I fall just under the CMS level barely lol. Percentages aren't too high.

I will alter it so I get in the gym 5-6 times a week.
yea you should be fine for ms prep! sheiko 29 is too easy for you imo

theres more than one
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2014, 09:26 PM   #30007
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
used a sling shot today pretty fun
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:27 PM   #30008
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
used a sling shot today pretty fun
how much more did you add on top of your regular bench?

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:34 AM   #30009
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

5lbs

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:54 AM   #30010
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,834 Times in 1,480 Posts
That feeling when you get your adrenal test results back from the naturopath, and she needs to ask again if you take any testosterone or steroids.

Naturally high levels of DHEA, or T-Nation was right and squats do increase levels of test!
Old 06-28-2014, 02:05 PM   #30011
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
how much more did you add on top of your regular bench?
ummmmmmm well it was kinda weird for me to put on, we got the double xl and i could almost not fit it over my arms i know it has to be super tight but it killed my arms, and also i bench kinda high right and it is aimed to more power lift below the nipple when you go down, it did help tho for sure its pretty cool 5 plates for 3 and there was not much help well there was cause cant do that normally but it still felt really heavy.
i tried after with a like a sweater of over my arms to slide it on better and i tried the power lift style bench it does help it went across my chest more, not being cocky but i got a pretty big chest so its hard to get around it. i will deff use it more my buddy left it for me when he went away, if i head to over to van i will bring it and use it with u guys
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2014, 07:10 PM   #30012
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
ummmmmmm well it was kinda weird for me to put on, we got the double xl and i could almost not fit it over my arms i know it has to be super tight but it killed my arms, and also i bench kinda high right and it is aimed to more power lift below the nipple when you go down, it did help tho for sure its pretty cool 5 plates for 3 and there was not much help well there was cause cant do that normally but it still felt really heavy.
i tried after with a like a sweater of over my arms to slide it on better and i tried the power lift style bench it does help it went across my chest more, not being cocky but i got a pretty big chest so its hard to get around it. i will deff use it more my buddy left it for me when he went away, if i head to over to van i will bring it and use it with u guys
Hm interesting, i think it takes awhile to get used to too.. I tried it once at the end of a bench session and it seemed harder for me.

Vid of kirill sarachev benching with it.. The guy benches 700+ raw

Old 07-03-2014, 10:07 PM   #30013

Thanked 14,737 Times in 3,863 Posts
fuark. ive had a few vacations and road trips the last couple of weeks with a random work schedule. sleeping on hotel floors and 3" foam mattresses have ruined me. ive had some back pain for a little while, and this monday it jumped into over drive. everyone knows their body and i knew something was up. went for x rays at the chiro today, my back is le fooked. my hips are like 4" off of being even, and my back is like an S curve side to side. no wonder im getting spasms lately.

on the good side, i finally got some pics back from the las vegas bachelor weekend!

Spoiler!
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:10 PM   #30014
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,510 Times in 1,155 Posts
Fasting Month no workouts, I'm trying to fit a little bit here and there while i can eat at night, but I don't think its safe to go all out.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:55 AM   #30015

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
fuark. ive had a few vacations and road trips the last couple of weeks with a random work schedule. sleeping on hotel floors and 3" foam mattresses have ruined me. ive had some back pain for a little while, and this monday it jumped into over drive. everyone knows their body and i knew something was up. went for x rays at the chiro today, my back is le fooked. my hips are like 4" off of being even, and my back is like an S curve side to side. no wonder im getting spasms lately.

on the good side, i finally got some pics back from the las vegas bachelor weekend!
how the fuck did u do that to ur back lol, sleeping on flat + hard surfaces is good for your back
Old 07-04-2014, 11:46 AM   #30016

Pretty sure it was years of bad posture and ignoring good stretching and other old back pains. I'm looking at this positively; a good chiro should help me up my squat game!
Old 07-04-2014, 05:04 PM   #30017
RS controls my life!

your back is an s curve Side to side, sounds like scoliosis?
wc19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:27 PM   #30018
RS Operative (G)

fukkkkkkk so close to 5 plates on benchhhhhhhhhh
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2014, 06:16 PM   #30019
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Soooo, I was looking for something to wear today, and all my pants are loose and I didn't want to wear my high end size 34 jeans. So I dug into my closet for a pair of jeans and found one from 2007, when I was skinny. It was a size 32, I didn't expect it to fit, i just decided to try it on anyways, and what do you know, fits comfortable and perfect.

So far in the last 5 months, I have dropped from a size 38 tight, to a size 32 comfortable, I am over the moon, so excited.

And what's even more exciting is that I'm not even close to done, My body is taking shape how I want it to. I have muscles and I feel really fit. My blood work and blood pressure are great. I feel like I can conquer the world.

My cousin is 180lbs and I am 205lbs now, we are the same height, he has a big belly and wears larger sizes than me, whereas I have a flat stomach, and a body that is slowly getting defined. I now know that weight is not everything, it's a well balanced mix of everything.

This just goes to show that having the right goal pays off big time.

That was my rant, or excitement or what have you. But I am really excited about this journey and I'm glad it's not ending soon.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2014, 07:13 PM   #30020
Treasure Chest MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
Soooo, I was looking for something to wear today, and all my pants are loose and I didn't want to wear my high end size 34 jeans. So I dug into my closet for a pair of jeans and found one from 2007, when I was skinny. It was a size 32, I didn't expect it to fit, i just decided to try it on anyways, and what do you know, fits comfortable and perfect.

So far in the last 5 months, I have dropped from a size 38 tight, to a size 32 comfortable, I am over the moon, so excited.

And what's even more exciting is that I'm not even close to done, My body is taking shape how I want it to. I have muscles and I feel really fit. My blood work and blood pressure are great. I feel like I can conquer the world.

My cousin is 180lbs and I am 205lbs now, we are the same height, he has a big belly and wears larger sizes than me, whereas I have a flat stomach, and a body that is slowly getting defined. I now know that weight is not everything, it's a well balanced mix of everything.

This just goes to show that having the right goal pays off big time.

That was my rant, or excitement or what have you. But I am really excited about this journey and I'm glad it's not ending soon.
5 months sounds like a justifiable amount of time for you to start reaping the benefits of consistent exercise.. good for you man!

Once you jump on board, don't ever hop off.. you wanna be able to reach the final destination

This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2014, 05:23 PM   #30021

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc19 View Post
your back is an s curve Side to side, sounds like scoliosis?
You're correct. Moderate scoliosis from years of small injuries. My neck is also moved forward and shoulders curved in (not pushing chest out enough) and my hips are uneven and rotated. Going to be a few months of chiro 3x a week, tapering down after 6 weeks.

Good news is gym is still a green light. It's not a compression problem so weights are okay, except for dead lift or bent over row kind, since it might not help the shoulder issue.

I'm seeing this as a huge wake up call. I've been fallen off the wagon for a very long time. I've noticed stress and sadness is definitely highe lately and I feel more snappy. I've got to get my shit together and get back into shape.

Nabs u gotta help me!
Old 07-08-2014, 08:09 PM   #30022
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,524 Times in 833 Posts
Hey guys

how do you guys deal with left and right biceps having uneven size
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:21 PM   #30023

your left and right will always vary depending on which is your dominant hand. definitely focus on barbell exercises (for even weight distribution) and make sure with free weights that you dont keep maxing out your right arm while fizzling out with your left. i'd measure and double check the difference isn't just in your head, and maybe modify your workouts for some extra tricep pulldowns or wtv with whichever arm is lacking.

mine is pretty uneven, but i think its normal

Old 07-09-2014, 12:14 AM   #30024
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post

Nabs u gotta help me!
PM me brah.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:40 PM   #30025
Treasure Chest MOD

unilateral exercises help with imbalances

I find that doing more barbell stuff helped balance out the disparity