REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #24151
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Barely worked out last week and this weeks workout just sucked. Gonna quit smolov, and go back on a split for a little bit. Gettingtoo drained from the intense cycle.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:23 PM   #24152
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
Bunch of phaggots at shitcentral taking their shirts off fml. Think I saw fcuked there. Do they even lift?
Posted via RS Mobile
The_Situation is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2013, 11:32 PM   #24153
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
Bunch of phaggots at shitcentral taking their shirts off fml. Think I saw fcuked there. Do they even lift?
Posted via RS Mobile
When was this? Were they aesthetic?
GFitTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #24154
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,051 Times in 676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
Posted via RS Mobile
Hey phaggot you joined in I have a video
Fcukedd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2013, 11:46 PM   #24155
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Post it or negged.
GFitTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2013, 12:23 AM   #24156
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Wut. Seems like I missed out on some excitement.
BinsentoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:41 AM   #24157
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

can someone look over this to see if this is a good plan because am going to boot camp in the summer for parachuting and you have to be exttremley fit to get in http://adf.ly/IQ4SZ
dee242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:45 AM   #24158

Thanked 2,051 Times in 676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinsentoW View Post
Wut. Seems like I missed out on some excitement.
Friend from Kelowna came down to visit, so a bunch of us heat bags decided to get a workout in together.
Took some phaggot pics for lulz ft. The Situation
Fcukedd is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #24159
RS controls my life!

Getting super frustrated. I have been doing my best to work on flexibility for squats, but I can't seem to improve my squat depth. Unsupported, my back/butt starts rounding underneath me at about the half way (maybe just past half way) to parallel mark. Don't know what else/other stretches to do other than the ones that are recommended online.
Wykydtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #24160
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,360 Times in 315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wykydtron View Post
Getting super frustrated. I have been doing my best to work on flexibility for squats, but I can't seem to improve my squat depth. Unsupported, my back/butt starts rounding underneath me at about the half way (maybe just past half way) to parallel mark. Don't know what else/other stretches to do other than the ones that are recommended online.
How do you squat (stance/bar position)? I have the same issue tbh. I switched to low-bar, semi-wide stance (toes pointing a bit out) a couple of weeks ago and my squat started getting much better and deeper...
broken_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #24161
I LOVE SQWAT

Might be a technique thing. Don't try to overarch or sit back too much in the beginning. Try to keep your back neutral, sit straight down and open up your knees at the bottom. I know a lot of people are taught to arch hard and sit back as far as they can, but IMO that only works for powerlifters that squat to parallel (at best).

PS. keeping your core tight as fuck helps too.
red_sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:59 AM   #24162

I want to log my progress (if there is any) here. I decided to dedicate February to improving my squat. Starting Monday I will start the Smolov base mesocycle (3 weeks) and test my max during the fourth week. I will still work out my upper body during those days (will do a push/pull exercise).

So far my squat max is 405 and I just pulled 495 yesterday. I'm looking forward to week 4!
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #24163
I LOVE SQWAT

Judging by how strong your bench already is, you're gonna be a monster!
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #24164

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_sir View Post
Judging by how strong your bench already is, you're gonna be a monster!
Posted via RS Mobile
Thanks! But its really not good at all for my bw...
Old 02-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #24165
I LOVE SQWAT

A 4 plate bench is amazing, period! Pound for pound stats always fav smaller guys so don't worry about it. Absolute strength is just as important IMO. If you wanna compare yourself against smaller guys, it'd be more fair using a wilks score.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #24166
RS controls my life!

My form is pretty good overall. Personal trainer I had to focus specifically on squats and DL's had me dialed in in form, and addressed my hip flexibility as to the cause of the rounding.
Wykydtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #24167

Quote:
A 4 plate bench is amazing, period! Pound for pound stats always fav smaller guys so don't worry about it. Absolute strength is just as important IMO. If you wanna compare yourself against smaller guys, it'd be more fair using a wilks score.
Posted via RS Mobile
Thanks man! I guess so. I'm still not at 4 plates for bench yet. I hit 355 on Thursday and failed my attempt at 365..
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #24168
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
got any tips for this women?

Recon604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #24169
I LOVE SQWAT

Second week of Smolov base complete! First 7.5 workouts were brutal, had to grind out almost every set in pain. Half way through today's workout I switched to a narrower stance with toes pointed out slightly more and everything just clicked. No more back or hip pain and much more power outta the hole. I swear that's how I used to squat, but somewhere along the way my form turned to shit.

On a related note, hitting upperbody as hard as ever while doing Smolov. My workouts are lasting 2.5-3hrs now but I'm actually setting small PR's in bench and overhead press after squatting. Pretty ecstatic since all my lifts were down 10% during the holidays.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #24170
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

wheres the article that i think it was skinnypupp who posted it awhile ago saying if you ate junk food and did resistance training that it would have the same effect on the body as eating wholesome foods and resistance training? it was something along the lines of that.. trying to show a buddy
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #24171
iceboy & saucywoman are my parents!

Thanked 1,770 Times in 445 Posts
long ass sesh

military press : 145lbs with 5x5
close grip bench : 205lbs with 5x5
weighted wide grip pullups : 45lbs plate + BW with 5x5
weighted chinups : 30lbs vest + BW with 5x5

ugh im done for the day
[23-07, 02:53] LSF22 the guy who i just saw had like 5 or 6 cars on his lawn needs a ride

[07-10, 15:42] nabs tbails14 = the legend continues

[27-10, 19:44] slickrick (to ts14) NO NOT THE EXHAUST

[07-10, 22:42] Ri2 If I had a real one I'd fap til it turns blue probably

[05-01, 16:24] Geoc ts you're a never ending inspiration for the inner buddy guy in all of us
ts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #24172

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack3d View Post
wheres the article that i think it was skinnypupp who posted it awhile ago saying if you ate junk food and did resistance training that it would have the same effect on the body as eating wholesome foods and resistance training? it was something along the lines of that.. trying to show a buddy
idk man, but you just gotta emphasize calories in vs calories out.

Quote:
Second week of Smolov base complete! First 7.5 workouts were brutal, had to grind out almost every set in pain. Half way through today's workout I switched to a narrower stance with toes pointed out slightly more and everything just clicked. No more back or hip pain and much more power outta the hole. I swear that's how I used to squat, but somewhere along the way my form turned to shit.

On a related note, hitting upperbody as hard as ever while doing Smolov. My workouts are lasting 2.5-3hrs now but I'm actually setting small PR's in bench and overhead press after squatting. Pretty ecstatic since all my lifts were down 10% during the holidays.
hahah nice, been fiddling with my stance alottt too. find toes at 15 degrees is pretty effective.

btw, dont forgot super secret chinese assistance exercises
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #24173
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:

were you going ATG with the narrower stance? I'm thinking this is more of an olympic squat with its emphasis on quads and ankle drive

Many weeks ago, I did it with a plate, and it felt alot better for my knees, versus wide stance parallel which placed alot more strain onto my knees. Strictly speaking for my acl sprain, I feel like I can squat with the lighter weight with alot less pain in the knee.

Can't wait till my knee gets better so I can fucking squat heavy again

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:59 PM   #24174
I LOVE SQWAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
were you going ATG with the narrower stance? I'm thinking this is more of an olympic squat with its emphasis on quads and ankle drive

Many weeks ago, I did it with a plate, and it felt alot better for my knees, versus wide stance parallel which placed alot more strain onto my knees. Strictly speaking for my acl sprain, I feel like I can squat with the lighter weight with alot less pain in the knee.

Can't wait till my knee gets better so I can fucking squat heavy again
I've been trying to go ATG with both stance. But ATG with a wider stance makes everything hurt lol. But yeah, you're right, my squatting style is pretty close to an olympic style squat. My old "wide" stance is only about shoulder width, and my new closer stance is slightly inside shoulder width.

How is your knee rehab coming along?

Btw, me and hotong will be coming to cheer you on next week! haha
Old 02-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #24175
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

i already miss squatting tweaked my lower back somehow sleeping thursday night. I completed 9/12 workouts of smolov and had to skip day 10, hopefully it'll be good to go in a few days so i can complete the program
L0uie69 is offline   Reply With Quote