REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:37 PM   #25051
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
fuckkk i wanna lose weight so bad so im doing a workout of 3x10-12 or so , but i feeel SO WEAK! ugh bruhs i wanan do strength training sooo baddd haha . what to do what to do
If your looking to lose weight, it all comes down to your diet. No amount of work in the gym will help you with your weight loss if you don't clean that up first.

Strength will all come in due time.
Advertisement

Snoop Dogg - Starksy & Hutch
Sushi604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2013, 10:38 PM   #25052
xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi604 View Post
I used to own a home gym like that!

The most expensive part I found was buying rubber plates. 45lbs @ $1.25 * 4 add's up fast.
Yeah plates were pretty expensive. Fitness Depot has metal ones for $0.88/lb but it still added up to over $300 when I got them.

Last edited by Oleophobic; 03-05-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Oleophobic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:07 PM   #25053
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,397 Times in 910 Posts
Do you guys think the little slant in the garage makes a big difference when squatting and deadlifting? I think almost all garages are slanted a little so it can drain out liquids
Gerbs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #25054
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc95 View Post
^^^^

lool im trying to get into decent shape before i hit mexico in november..i know its long ways away but i wanna lose a good 50lbs at least lol

Quote:
If your looking to lose weight, it all comes down to your diet. No amount of work in the gym will help you with your weight loss if you don't clean that up first.

Strength will all come in due time.
yes i do understand that, and i wish it was 100% -_- i complain all the time and do nothing about it..i love my life lol but what im just looking for is some kind of routine as i know when ppl "cut" or "bulk" they have a different routine/set/weight/reps , etc

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:36 PM   #25055
I LOVE SQWAT

Quote:
lool im trying to get into decent shape before i hit mexico in november..i know its long ways away but i wanna lose a good 50lbs at least lol

yes i do understand that, and i wish it was 100% -_- i complain all the time and do nothing about it..i love my life lol but what im just looking for is some kind of routine as i know when ppl "cut" or "bulk" they have a different routine/set/weight/reps , etc
Unless you're on some crazy high volume Russian program, you can bulk or cut on the same routine just fine.

Anyway, the sooner you get your diet in check the better. 50lbs is a lot to lose if you want to do it properly. November might seem like a long time away, but it will creep up on you fast.
red_sir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2013, 11:40 PM   #25056
I LOVE SQWAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
Do you guys think the little slant in the garage makes a big difference when squatting and deadlifting? I think almost all garages are slanted a little so it can drain out liquids
I don't see a problem as long as you arrange yourself so that you're facing down slope. Just don't have your left or right side higher than the other.
red_sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:24 AM   #25057
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
First time trying on TKs today. Was very wobbly in the beginning because I had a bit of difficulty adjusting to the cushiony surface, but once I got used to it (around the 3rd set), it felt like heaven. I could squat parallel without the discomfort I feel when I squat without it. It's phenomenal for my knees
i got a pair on sat and tried them out today. knees felt awesome
L0uie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:59 AM   #25058
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

1900 cals a day, intense cardio, doing keto, and i cut out caffeine. THE HEADACHES ARE UNBERABLE
meowjinboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:12 AM   #25059
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowjinboo View Post
1900 cals a day, intense cardio, doing keto, and i cut out caffeine. THE HEADACHES ARE UNBERABLE
Hope you didn't go cold turkey on caffeine if you had a moderate intake previously. Best to slowly limit intake until 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0uie69 View Post
i got a pair on sat and tried them out today. knees felt awesome
tks?
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:46 AM   #25060

Quote:

You sound like a resolutioner. "GIVE ME A ROUTINE SO I CAN MAGICALLY LOSE WEIGHT"

Here, let me sum it up for you real easy.

Eat less.
Pick up heavy things. Put them down.
Repeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowjinboo View Post
Have you not learned from your yo-yo-ing weight that crash diets are unsustainable?

Yes, lets try all sorts of random shit ranging from EC stacks to eating massive deficits and wonder why you can't keep the weight off.

Since I'm at it, I'll list out all your excuses for you:
- I got depressed
- I got on meds
- I got off meds
- Work got in the way
- I didn't have work, so I wasn't motivated
- I met a girl and broke up with her and got depressed
- blah blah blah
- I ATE TOO MUCH
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #25061

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcukedd View Post
Wow I did not even realize. I'm 95% sure my deadlift max is over 365lb, but I won't count it until I actually do it

Thinking back when I first started 2 years ago, my maxes (if I recall correctly) were

115lb bench
175lb deadlift
145lb squat

I added a total of 560lb to the big three! Kind of a cool way to think about it
Damn son, you got strong.

Mine
225 bench
315 dead
305 squat
@ 175

DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #25062
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

welp since everyones doing it

Bench: 315lbs
Deadlift: 415lbs+
Squat : 365lbs
BW: 182lbs
exdee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #25063
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
As redsir said, as long as you're on the down slope of the slant... There's your olympic weightlifting shoe right there haha

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #25064
iceboy & saucywoman are my parents!

Thanked 1,770 Times in 445 Posts
stretched my hams, glutes, quads, and every other part of my leg this morning.

also stretched out upper body

feels good LOL
[23-07, 02:53] LSF22 the guy who i just saw had like 5 or 6 cars on his lawn needs a ride

[07-10, 15:42] nabs tbails14 = the legend continues

[27-10, 19:44] slickrick (to ts14) NO NOT THE EXHAUST

[07-10, 22:42] Ri2 If I had a real one I'd fap til it turns blue probably

[05-01, 16:24] Geoc ts you're a never ending inspiration for the inner buddy guy in all of us
ts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #25065
I don't get it

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFonz View Post
You sound like a resolutioner. "GIVE ME A ROUTINE SO I CAN MAGICALLY LOSE WEIGHT"

Here, let me sum it up for you real easy.

Eat less.
Pick up heavy things. Put them down.
Repeat.

Have you not learned from your yo-yo-ing weight that crash diets are unsustainable?

Yes, lets try all sorts of random shit ranging from EC stacks to eating massive deficits and wonder why you can't keep the weight off.

Since I'm at it, I'll list out all your excuses for you:
- I got depressed
- I got on meds
- I got off meds
- Work got in the way
- I didn't have work, so I wasn't motivated
- I met a girl and broke up with her and got depressed
- blah blah blah
- I ATE TOO MUCH
You totally beat me to it. Everyone has an excuse. Everyone is looking for that damn magic-pill. Everyone listens and follows too much media and bro-science.

However since your searching for that magical routine I'll just spell it out for you.

Focus on the following 3 things.
  • Benchpress (if your strong enough, dumbbell bench pressing is far more effective but can injure you just as quick)
  • Chin up's to the sternum
  • Deadlifts

However as I said before, non of these matter if you don't clean up your diet. You can't get big unless the fuel you consume is in your body to support you. Remember, you should be viewing your daily goal as 90% diet and 10% to the gym.

Your better off asking us how I should eat vs how I should lift.

Last edited by Sushi604; 03-06-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #25066
iceboy & saucywoman are my parents!

Thanked 1,770 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
You totally beat me to it. Everyone has an excuse. Everyone is looking for that damn magic-pill. Everyone listens and follows too much media and bro-science.

However since your searching for that magical routine I'll just spell it out for you.

• Benchpress (if your strong enough, dumbbell bench pressing is far more effective but can injure you just as quick)
  • Deadlifts

However as I said before, non of these matter if you don't clean up your diet. You can't get big unless the fuel you consume is in your body to support you. Remember, you should be viewing your daily goal as 90% diet and 10% to the gym.

i get asked way too much if im on roids, im not even that big or strong

the way i see it is the more u eat, the more ur giving urself to build on. if u want to get stronger then eat. if u want to get bigger then eat more. over eating shouldnt be a issue if u have the right amount of cardio mixed into ur routine
[23-07, 02:53] LSF22 the guy who i just saw had like 5 or 6 cars on his lawn needs a ride

[07-10, 15:42] nabs tbails14 = the legend continues

[27-10, 19:44] slickrick (to ts14) NO NOT THE EXHAUST

[07-10, 22:42] Ri2 If I had a real one I'd fap til it turns blue probably

[05-01, 16:24] Geoc ts you're a never ending inspiration for the inner buddy guy in all of us
ts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #25067
I don't get it

Quote:
If it were me, I would approach it as more of a challenge with the elevation change. However depending of the steepness, wouldn't be a problem when your dead lifting since the plates are round? I would hate to chase after 600 lbs of weight just because I was careless when dropping the bar.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #25068
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:

• Deadlifts

in what way...barbells are the shit for every exercise. plus its pretty hard to get injured benching unless your form is shit tier
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #25069
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Old 03-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #25070
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
in what way...barbells are the shit for every exercise. plus its pretty hard to get injured benching unless your form is shit tier
+1 I don't see either dumbbell or barbell being more effective than the other, but both as a strong compliment to each other...

My personal unbiased view (all hypothetical):

dumbells: good for stability and triceps because dumbbells don't allow you to compensate with your dominant side like you would with barbell. dumbbells allow you to be able to merge the dumbbells at the peak activating more pecs. Good for without a spotter because you can just drop the weights

barbell: good for benching really heavy weight. Very simple, I'm not able to bench as much with dumbbell as I am with barbell because I do not have to kick the weights up into starting position unlike barbell where I can just have my spotter unload the barbell from a racked position. With the barbell, I know exactly where I need to go to perform a full range of motion (touching the chest), whereas the dumbbell will be harder to gauge how low I will need to go (alot of guys go half way and don't even realize it). With the dumbbells, I have to keep it fixed on the transverse plane (to prevent the dumbbells from falling off to the side or falling ontop of me) in addition to the saggital plane, while for barbell my goal is to push the bar straight up in front of me. however, being able to work with dumbbells and working on this stability will be highly transferable to barbell bench.

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #25071
Meow

Hmph, just posting up some new PRs. 3 weeks ago I was 238, currently at 232 pounds. Cutting my way down to 200. Currently on my second month of the Jim Wendler 5/3/1.

Dead PR - 425 x 1 with a little arch of back
Bench - 315 x 1 - going to attempt a little more tomorrow
Squat - 315 x 5 - slacking a little, working my way to build flexibility to go a little lower than parallel with heavier weights
Overhead Press - 185 x 3
Old 03-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #25072
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts14 View Post
notsureifsrs
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2013, 12:15 PM   #25073
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts14 View Post
that's what people that are afraid of lifting heavy because they're afraid of getting "big" say
exdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #25074
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
hahaha

Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #25075
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,267 Times in 547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvu View Post
that's what people that are afraid of lifting heavy because they're afraid of getting "big" say
bro i dont want to get big, just toned
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: