REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:02 PM   #101
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
his son could be an epic person in history if he opened up the North to the South or outright "surrendered" and give it over to the South all in the name of "for the good of the ppl"
i'm sure KJi had help taking that entire country hostage. and those people that helped wont take too kindly to someone just giving all that over away
Advertisement
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #102
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
I hope I live to see the reunification of the country one day.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:29 PM   #103
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,563 Times in 171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
If my family member or friends were taken away, wouldn't that trigger more questions from other people in the family or friends circle. Unless they can remove everyone thats linked to everyone else.

Anyways, it just doesnt seem to make any sense to me.

Regarding the bible claim, I found out it doesnt really make sense to me, so I prevented further brainwashing.

Perhaps there are lots of people who pretends to be brainwashed so that they dont get punished. They are probably celebrating that their God actually died.
If a relative or distant relative were to question the government, you along with your entire family would be sent to the labour camps. I'm sure most of the people in NK obey the government just for the purpose of surviving another day.
Fappin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:32 PM   #104
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
my grandfather live through the civil war in china and the cultural revolution. He was a son of a landlord which goes completely against mao's idealogy. He join the communist army anyways. After the war is won the communist government than turn completely against him. His family's property were taken away and my grandfather was sent to rural china to be punish for being a landlord's son and for being educated. Some of his children were sent to the farm with him and the rest that stay in the city were forbidden to go to school. When his children grew up and join the police force they were force to severe tie with my grandfather in order to keep their job and/or get a promotion.

despite all that my grandfather was fiercely loyal to the communist party till his dying day. He even pass away on the same day as deng xiao ping. Witness say he collaspe and had a heart attack upon reading the newspaper...

it is hard to comprehend the power of propaganda and brainwashing until you have live through it. To my grandfather communism is THE way of life and the words of its leader is the gospel just like how we can not comprehend living in a non capitalistic society. My grandpa went to the states only one time in his life, he won a small jackpot from the slot machine and procceed to gave all the money away to his co workers and donate his own share the the communist party.

his children are not so much in love with communist... The difference being they grew up in china went through brainwash than suddenly china open up to the west and they are able to compare and form their own conclusions. With NK being so close off from the rest of the world I'm nkt surprise if almost everybidy there is like my grandpa.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2011, 11:11 PM   #105
The sound of inevitability

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
It's refreshing to discuss religion with you, The7even, so few religious people are willing to realise blind faith is never a good thing and accept that some church doctrine is not even remotely based in logic.

Thank you

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:22 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post

Since you're not being a troll, you are an idiot
You have to accept the fact that this theory could also be wrong.

You praise science for it's ability to adept and change yet as soon as an opinion challenges your notion of what the truth is, you get anal pained.

Evolution, etc, is all theory, could also be wrong as well.
It might sound fine now, but the possibility of contradicting evidence being found is still very real, for any scientific theory really..

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
Old 12-20-2011, 11:48 PM   #107
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post

You praise science for it's ability to adept and change yet as soon as an opinion challenges your notion of what the truth is, you get anal pained.

It might sound fine now, but the possibility of contradicting evidence being found is still very real, for any scientific theory really..

Science does not collapse when a change is made or a flaw is found, unlike religion scientists are not afraid of new discoveries as they only strengthen our knowledge of the universe
aliuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:59 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliuu View Post
Science does not collapse when a change is made or a flaw is found, unlike religion scientists are not afraid of new discoveries as they only strengthen our knowledge of the universe
Yes, when a flaw is found or a change is made, then that is what we start to teach. i.e., if we found out that the universe is not expanding, that is what science would then continue to teach.

My point was that the people such as your self who praise science for this attribute, seem offended at any theory that goes against a theory that science currently holds. In other words, science welcomes change, but the people don't.

freakshow was trying to say that it's absurd to assume that something can come from nothing. He was saying (correct me if I'm wrong here, freakshow) that it is far more unlikely that a universe can be created by it self, for no reason, out of nothing.. than it is to say that a man collected 2 of every animal and put them on a boat. (which I also think is absurd) . Out of those two crazy theories, the former is much less likely.

-Hypa

-6chr0nic4

Last edited by The7even; 12-21-2011 at 12:09 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-20-2011, 11:59 PM   #109
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Yes, when a flaw is found or a change is made, then that is what we start to teach. i.e., if we found out that the universe is not expanding, that is what science would then continue to teach.

My point was that the people such as your self who praise science for this attribute, seem offended at any other theory that goes against any theory that science currently holds without proof.
Fixed.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:00 AM   #110
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
You're not a religious person, are you?
my daddy taught me not to take shit from anybody

with exception being: the other person has a gun, a posse, or my dad.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:32 AM   #111
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:

I'll accept all theories as they are. But religion is NOT a theory, it's a story. To follow the morals taught by the bible is fine. To call it a THEORY is not only literally impossible, but asinine.

BTW I apologize for calling freakshow an idiot. Obviously he was trolling, and I don't think all religious people are idiots. I think they are willfully ignorant (although some might argue that's the same thing), but some otherwise very smart people think the earth is 2000 years old, so... I won't be going to them for scientific advice, but otherwise they can be very smart

Once Freakshow accepts that the earth is BILLIONS of years old, not THOUSANDS (and this is FACT not a "theory" which can be refuted scientifically) it should be quite easy to accept that evolution can occur during this time. But if you are willfully ignorant of that FACT then yes, I can see evolution not "making sense" in your mind.
Posted via RS Mobile
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2011, 10:46 AM   #112

Do all the other religions in the world all claim that earth is few thousands of years old? or is it just the bible?

I remember in elementary school, we werent allow to learn about dinosaurs because it was evolutionary false due to christian school policy, which my science teacher had to obey the curriculum.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:07 PM   #113
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
Do all the other religions in the world all claim that earth is few thousands of years old? or is it just the bible?
which book & verse in the bible claims the earth is only a few thousands of years old? i'm curious and would like to find a bible and read up on it, thanks.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #114
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
which book & verse in the bible claims the earth is only a few thousands of years old? i'm curious and would like to find a bible and read up on it, thanks.
Others more qualified can correct me, but I believe its from people doing studies and cross referencing it to other historical events that came up with the 6000 years old thing.

As far as I know, it doesn't actually say, "4000 years before the whole Jesus thang, I created the universe"
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:44 PM   #115
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Others more qualified can correct me, but I believe its from people doing studies and cross referencing it to other historical events that came up with the 6000 years old thing.

As far as I know, it doesn't actually say, "4000 years before the whole Jesus thang, I created the universe"
that's what i figured - events in the bible, not creation of the earth.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:00 PM   #116

not the bible, the history of it
Old 12-21-2011, 04:54 PM   #117

Creationists think the earth is between 5700 and 10,000 years old

Young Earth creationism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some have twisted their religion so science fits in. In other words "god created science, and anything science discovers that we didn't know about before, hey god created that too"

Progressive creationism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This post thanked by:
Old 12-21-2011, 06:50 PM   #118
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
NK anchor vs Taiwanese intimiating anchor (if you understand Mandarin lol)

asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-21-2011, 07:27 PM   #119
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
FFS I wish people would learn the difference between your run of the mill "theory" and a scientific theory. The Theory of Evolution is something testable, observable within our lifetime, with mountains upon mountains of evidence to back it up. The only change to that theory will be our understanding of the mechanics and nature of this well documented occurrence.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:37 PM   #120

Now I know how annoying it is to be failstalked by someone who isn't willing to actually explain what they disagree with
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2011, 01:36 AM   #121
I bringith the lowerballerith

Kim Jong Il's Life in Photos:
Kim Jong Il's Life in Photos | Foreign Policy
VrrM604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:20 PM   #122
McFogg The Dawg is my homeboy

Thanked 1,130 Times in 286 Posts

holy shit!
kevin7352 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-26-2011, 01:01 AM   #123
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Vice Guide to North Korean labour camps in SIBERIA (part 1)
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #124
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongtouski View Post
i watched this before, and i kinda sobbed when the north korean worker said "there's nothing good over here".

imagine those workers working on 5-year/10-year contract, paid minimal, and not able to see their families in north korea.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:54 AM   #125
Need my Daily Fix of RS

an interesting update that i found in news.

i believe most of you have heard:
kim jong-il wants his son, kim jong-un, to look like kim il-sung.
kim jong-un reportedly went through plastic surgery to look like his grandfather.

kim jong-un (teen):

kim jong-un (now):

there is another reason:

kim jong-il has a half-brother, kim pyong-il, that looks more like kim il-sung.
jong-il believes the resemblances might bring power struggle, so kim pyong-il is often sent to poland to work as an ambassador. when kim pyong-il is back in north korea, he is on house arrest. according to polish sources, kim pyong-il rarely talks about his family. when a polish reporter mentioned to kim pyong-il that a "thesis on kim il-sung's wives" is being made, kim pyong-il reacts violently and said "this is very dangerous".

kim pyong-il:

kim il-sung (old):

it's pretty terrifying to see how "resemblances" could put family members in danger and how it persuade people to go through plastic surgery to gain power