REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #26
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
probably unattractive and belong on Virgin Diaries : Videos : TLC
Advertisement

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #27
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
^ Call me old-fashioned, but IMHO, when a man leaves the house, he should dress like someone of his stature.

Unless I'm making a late-night grocery run or hitting the yoga studio, I am usually dressed well. No that doesn't mean suits, but clothing that fits. You never see me wear a baseball cap despite my male-pattern baldness.
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by Tapioca; 01-06-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #28
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

this article smells like bullshit to me.

For one Vancouver in itself is a shit hole where all the nice looking ladies are all looking to score big. When a guy acts courteous and nice and tries to spend time to listen to her he gets friendzoned because hes a really nice guy. Lets put it this way dating isnt what it used to be years ago. You gotta admit dating is pretty retarded where both the male AND female play this hard to get game. what happened to being straight up.

Edit:

Also forgot to add I dont think its all the guys fault as well for not being in for the occasion. How about the days when you take a woman out and she constantly is on her phone texting?
toyobaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #29
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
I snickered while reading this article in the bathroom stall this morning. The opener about "dissing Vancouver men" was hillarious and so was when the article brought up that fraud Ronald Lee.

I spend a lot of my time downtown and I don't know where these women meet their men. Most guys who live and work here are well-dressed, fit, and put together. Speaking for myself, I am usually one of the best-dressed guys at the bar (I always wear well-cut blazers after all) and if that's what women want, well I barely get a glance. Women in this city bitch and complain about men-children in this city, yet when a clearly put-together, articulate guy is next to them in the flesh, they stare at their phones and don't even give as much as a brief glance or flash of their pearly whites.
Posted via RS Mobile
Phones.. rule the girls world. You get a BIG thanks from me.. I'd thank you more then once if I could.
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #30
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicated View Post
this article smells like bullshit to me.

For one Vancouver in itself is a shit hole where all the nice looking ladies are all looking to score big. When a guy acts courteous and nice and tries to spend time to listen to her he gets friendzoned because hes a really nice guy. Lets put it this way dating isnt what it used to be years ago. You gotta admit dating is pretty retarded where both the male AND female play this hard to get game. what happened to being straight up.

Edit:

Also forgot to add I dont think its all the guys fault as well for not being in for the occasion. How about the days when you take a woman out and she constantly is on her phone texting?

^^ ouch sounds like you've had more than your fair share of bad dates
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:06 PM   #31
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
^ Call me old-fashioned, but IMHO, when a man leaves the house, he should dress like someone of his stature.

Unless I'm making a late-night grocery run or hitting the yoga studio, I am usually dressed well. No that doesn't mean suits, but clothing that fits. You never see me wear a baseball cap despite my male-pattern baldness.
Posted via RS Mobile
I think its just the west coast style.

I was used to Ottawa/Toronto where downtown is dominated by financial or government jobs requiring buttoned shirt and pants, no tees and jeans. My first impression of Vancouver was everyone dressed down, I rarely saw anyone dressed up minus the women shopping on Robson. Most women wore lululemon pants (not that I'm complaining! check the Yoga pants thread in the NWS forum!) and men mostly wore jeans and tees.

Seattle and most of California seems the same dressed down lifestyle, in contract to the formal NY, Chicago, Washington style.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #32

Yup Toronto is a lot more dressy. I'm going out tonight for some casual beers at a pub downtown and I would look completely out of place if I showed up in jeans, a hoody and a baseball hat. Have to wear a nice pair of jeans or some slacks, a sweater or button up, nice jacket... etc.

When I go back to Vancouver I can wear whatever I want though and just blend in. I saw soooo many guys wearing sweatpants during Christmas it was ridiculous.

But women have way too high expectations for what they bring to the table as other posters have already said. Maybe they are accomplished and make lots of money but most are looking for tall/dark/handsome or Prince Charming to come sweep them off their feet.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #33
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
This article is so one sided towards the females,I would like to read a article about "Do Vancouver women suck".
yes
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #34
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
Old 01-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #35
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

this article is so stupid. From what I see, they sound like stuck up bitches and like someone mentioned before, they can go fuk themselves. The "guys" from their highschool don't generalize to all of Vancouver. Someone should tell these snobby bitches that not everyone dresses up just to please them, we got our own lives with things happening that are much more important than trying to impress you.

About how some people dress, its up to them on how they dress. I dress according to how I feel. If i feel good, i dress in what makes me feel good and hit the club. If i don't feel good, i don't go to the club, nice and simple. Those girls are definitely gold diggers, what kind of girl picks a man based on how he dresses on a particular night... what ever happened to personaliity?
van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #36
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Are these women even looking in the right places? Granted, Vancouver is no NY, HK, etc, etc and in fact, quite poseur-ish but to say that this issue is one sided is asinine. Not being able to find the right guy? Even more asinine.

Their standards are either too high for the pool of available men, they're playing hard to get, they have some intrinsic attitude flaw which men see..or they're ugly.

Also, I find that these type of women (liberated, feminist, what have you) wanting chivalry to be highly contradictory.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Bonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #37

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
and this is why i'm
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #38

JOURNALISM AT ITS FINEST

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #39
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
JOURNALISM AT ITS FINEST
What? You didn't find an article that spoke to one guy, in the business of helping dopey men to get laid to be fair and balanced?

I wanted to add, and its been a few years since I've been single, but after my genitalia incising experience with that girl, who complained about everything I did, I really examined my game.

No word of a lie, she used to bitch about the fact that I didn't open car and other doors, treat her like a princess and, in her quote, "put me on a pedestal. Like I'm here - and you are like,

- here." She actually drew that out for me with her hands.

So after I got out of that mess, as I said, I really examined my game. I started opening car doors. You know what you are opening gentlemen? Legs. Open the car door, and you open her mind to opening way more for you.

Rush out and grab the door for the restaurant, and you are rushing out and grabbing poon. Just that easy.

PLUS, and this is fucking brilliant...women slam your doors! Take that away from them. Do you know how many people have slammed my door into the sidewalk? No more baby. Sit yo ass there, because obviously you can't handle the responsibility.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #40
I HERP TO YOU DERP

it reminded me of this

hypediss is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #41
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Semi unrelated, but the videos reminded me of this..

Old 01-06-2012, 05:00 PM   #42
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
This article just tells me these chicks think they're somehow owed something by men. The sense of entitlement is strong in these ones.

And yeah, feminism killed chivalry. Men got tired of hearing "I'm a woman and I can do that too!" and just stopped doing all the nice things women originally wanted us to do. Basically... "Oh yeah, we'll show us what you can do then."

Personally I still hold doors and I'd probably offer the woman carrying a lot of stuff my seat but if we're truly equal, how many women would offer me their seat if I was carrying a lot of shit?

In conclusion, women will ALWAYS complain no matter what we do.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #43
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
I would also like to point out the user name of the original poster.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #44
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
oh man i have so much to say about this shit but we're all men here, we know what's going on.

i'll wait for the first woman to complain and unleash my load on her.

YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO MY JOB, AND YOU WANT ME TO HOLD THE DOOR OPEN FOR YOU?

AND you still want your right to be priority on the life boat?

lol that's all i need to say.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 01-06-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #45

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
the truth of the matter is

no matter how fat, unattractive, loud, annoying, boring and stupid a woman is there's always a chump who will white knight that shit and probably fuck her. look at snooki

men don't get the same breaks
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #46
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
i give up my seat to the elderly, the handicapped, the injured. why the hell would a girl in 6 inch heels be entitled to the same sort of treatment?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #47

It intrigues me at how many times i've seen, heard and encountered unattractive (physical or personality, or both) women talk like they are god's gift to men. I always wonder where these delusions of grandeur come from. Was it because they were raised where their parents constantly praised them on how wonderful and attractive they are, or is it because they are surrounded by fake friends who constantly spout fake compliments to each other, actually believing the bullshit that comes out of their whoremongering mouths. Who knows.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #48
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
at first i was like, what's this retarded bitch gotta say.

then i listened, and she actually makes sense.

women forget feminism has two sides. equal opportunity, but it also is about killing chivalry and all those things men are supposed to "do" for women. im not making this up. most women just blatantly choose to ignore that side of the argument, when in fact that is one of the core topics and issues of feminists.

and of course, that will never happen. because we are unequal physically, psychologically, and it's ingrained in our brains through evolution.

the day we're equal, is the day there are no genders. that's probably a few thousand years off. if not more.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #49
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
There are so many red flags with these cunts that I wish good luck to any fool that ends up with them.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #50
NLY
Helps you change your flat, doesn't hit on your girlfriend while doing so

Thanked 1,756 Times in 278 Posts
For every hot girl in the world, there's a guy out there who's tired of banging her.

2016-2017 Revscene Fantasy Basketball Champion
NLY is offline   Reply With Quote