REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #76
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicated View Post
this article smells like bullshit to me.

For one Vancouver in itself is a shit hole where all the nice looking ladies are all looking to score big. When a guy acts courteous and nice and tries to spend time to listen to her he gets friendzoned because hes a really nice guy. Lets put it this way dating isnt what it used to be years ago. You gotta admit dating is pretty retarded where both the male AND female play this hard to get game. what happened to being straight up.

Edit:

Also forgot to add I dont think its all the guys fault as well for not being in for the occasion. How about the days when you take a woman out and she constantly is on her phone texting?
i fucking hate it when my gf goes on her phone all of the time when we go out because her friend txts her and they end up having a convo like wtf ive been going with you for almost 5 years and you still do this shit
Advertisement
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:47 AM   #77
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
This comment on that article rings true for men or women:
Quote:
Yesterday, while walking up Commercial Drive, I tried an experiment. I tried smiling at every guy I saw, whether or not he was my "type" (and I wish it was otherwise, but I find very, very few guys are my "type"). Only one returned a smile, clearly surprised. The other five or so didn't even make eye contact or look at me long enough to even see that I was looking in their direction, let alone notice a smile.
I had a female friend that was having a hard time meeting people, I told her she just has to smile and put it to the test. We went for a run on the canal in Ottawa and smiled at everyone we passed. Almost all smiled back. What's funny is that we met during a running race in Ottawa, by exchanging smiles, so I knew it would work.

I've tried this while running the sea wall, false creek, and jericho/spanish banks - nothing, nada, zip, zero, ziltch. I've even tried a little wave, or head nod - little success.

People in this city are cliquey, like the article says. If you grew up here you have your little group of friends and cringe at anyone new infiltrating that circle. Of the people I've befriended here, most are from Alberta or Quebec.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #78
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
stopped reading after the clothes description,

I knew it was going to be a disaster
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #79
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
kits is north americas sexiest beach? wtF????? guess the guy who said that has never been to florida or california.
i doubt kits even ranks in the top 20
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #80
SFICC-03*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdoh View Post
i fucking hate it when my gf goes on her phone all of the time when we go out because her friend txts her and they end up having a convo like wtf ive been going with you for almost 5 years and you still do this shit
mine does that too. shes not THAT bad but i almost never do that to her.
when im with her my phone stays in my pocket unless its important.
her, she checks facebook, texts her sister, etc etc...
Old 01-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #81
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
mine does that too. shes not THAT bad but i almost never do that to her.
when im with her my phone stays in my pocket unless its important.
her, she checks facebook, texts her sister, etc etc...
Same boat, I make a game of it when I get annoyed enough. Try taking her phone, try biting it, if I get it, I hide it.. hahah
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #82
Banned (ABWS)

I blame Asians and the Indians

Last edited by Over9K; 04-14-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Over9K is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #83
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
This comment on that article rings true for men or women:

I had a female friend that was having a hard time meeting people, I told her she just has to smile and put it to the test. We went for a run on the canal in Ottawa and smiled at everyone we passed. Almost all smiled back. What's funny is that we met during a running race in Ottawa, by exchanging smiles, so I knew it would work.

I've tried this while running the sea wall, false creek, and jericho/spanish banks - nothing, nada, zip, zero, ziltch. I've even tried a little wave, or head nod - little success.

People in this city are cliquey, like the article says. If you grew up here you have your little group of friends and cringe at anyone new infiltrating that circle. Of the people I've befriended here, most are from Alberta or Quebec.
When I'm out for runs, I always make eye contact with people who pass me by. You know who usually gives waves or nods back? Fellow male runners. In fact, I ran around Beaver Lake an hour ago and a guy with his dog gave me an acknowledging nod.

Women, however, seldom give me waves or nods unless I know them. I certainly dress the part too when I'm out on my runs in form fitting running gear.
Posted via RS Mobile
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #84
SFICC-03*

you know, beaver lake has a bit of a reputation..
Old 01-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #85
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
kits is north americas sexiest beach? wtF????? guess the guy who said that has never been to florida or california.
i doubt kits even ranks in the top 20
Yes...it's true...kits is highly rank....dont have a source though
But I believe it..Im proud to say Vancouver has HOT girls.
We eat good, we're fit, and have a diverse mix of nationalities.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #86
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
I don't know. I've had pretty good success socializing with females before I got married.

You just gotta know which ones are approachable and which ones aren't. Though I'll agree that Vancouver can be pretty stuck up (both men and women), I'd say that's still only 20% - 30% of the population (that is just a rough rough rough guesstimation). The reason why I give credit that majority of Vancouverites are still friendly and approachable (even women as per topic), is because I doubt I owe my previous success to being THAT good.

The thing is, I would've avoided those women like the plague; and the hotspots (clubs, cafes, shops etc) that cater to them. Knowing how to read your environment, and developing your social calibration is just part of growing up. Obviously those girls in that article still hasn't learned either of them; so despite being in their mid-20's, I'd actually question the fact they consider themselves as "grown ups."

In addition, I'd hate to push the stereotype of us men being pigs, but women of that nature... are actually just good for one thing; and I don't feel bad about it.

Last edited by Noir; 01-11-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #87
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
I don't know. I've had pretty good success socializing with females before I got married.

You just gotta know which ones are approachable and which ones aren't. Though I'll agree that Vancouver can be pretty stuck up (both men and women), I'd say that's still only 20% - 30% of the population (that is just a rough rough rough guesstimation). The reason why I give credit that majority of Vancouverites are still friendly and approachable (even women as per topic), is because I doubt I owe my previous success to being THAT good.

The thing is, I would've avoided those women like the plague; and the hotspots (clubs, cafes, shops etc) that cater to them. Knowing how to read your environment, and developing your social calibration is just part of growing up. Obviously those girls in that article still hasn't learned neither; so despite being in their mid-20's, I'd actually question the fact they consider themselves as "grown ups"
I'm with you. I found a goodie at my ex's dinner table. Laid some ground work, and boom! 10 years later I had her.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #88
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
I'm with you. I found a goodie at my ex's dinner table. Laid some ground work, and boom! 10 years later I had her.
It took you 10 years!!!! WTF???

jk I kid I kid. I read the real story from another thread (Relationship and Gender Disc.) and it's quite a good story.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #89
RS Lurker, I don't post!

This is all soooo true. Vancouver women are the most stuck up snobby bitches I've ever met. I've lived in Winnipeg, Calgary, Toronto, Victoria, and Vancouver. I work for an airline and travel everywhere, and Vancouver women are by far THE WORST! To top it all off, I dress very well, I'm friendly and approachable. I approached a woman in Vancouver last week, and the first words out of her mouth "are you gay?" I said "excuse me?" She replied you're dressed too well to be straight. WHAT THE *UCK!?!? They want us to dress well, and when we do, you're accused of being gay.
wc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2012, 11:17 PM   #90

Lol thanks for the story, I laughed.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:04 AM   #91
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
It seems to me that the author has never smoked "dope" and made love in the west coast. That's a true beauty to have here in Vancouver.
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #92

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
so whats the proper way of dressing for a night out?

if im in sneakers and jeans, im a bum

if im in dress shoes with a buttoned shirt, im considered gay

dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #93
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
Whatever you feel like wearing. Fuck the haters.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #94
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
^this, if she wont allow to wear what you want when you go out then something is wrong

imo looks are secondary when it comes to personality they are close though
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:18 AM   #95
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:

better not wear a buttoned shirt and jeans, then they'll think you're a gay bum

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #96
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:

Wear whatever you like,long as it's tasteful and compliments your shape.

The gay comment was from one dumb stuck up cunt in this city,not every girl in Vancouver is like her.You would be suprised how many decent girls there are in this city,you just got to know where to look.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #97
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Vancouver women...most of them are self-absorbed imo. Most of the ones I met constantly bitch about something, or won't even talk to you in the first place because "you're not my choi" (vegetable, aka. guy)

This article is bullshit, these 3 ladies seem to have expectations so high that they won't even find guys in Toronto. Why? I don't know how they look, I don't know their personality, but I do know one thing - they don't have class. They don't have that aura of elegance. They look like gold diggers to me. Yeah sure, lets say they look amazingly hot, I still wouldn't date/talk to her. Who the fuck would want to bring a girl like that out to family, business events?

Head down to DC/NYC/Boston...Heck, even Seattle. I've lived in NYC, Boston and Seattle a long time ago...the women there are so sultry with class (the one with manners, outgoing, hygienic, stylish...) its not even funny. The constant flirting and mysterious eye contact just makes you want to learn her more.\

Don't get me wrong though, there is a small population of girls in Vancouver who act completely different than the major population. Like what spyker said, you just got to know where to look.
davidw1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #98
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,141 Times in 7,148 Posts
I've found girls extremely friendly in this city. Of course there are some stuck up cunts in the mix, (like the fucking idiots in this story) but where aren't there? I have found when I smile or start a convo at the bar, beach, or wherever it is almost always reciprocated and taken with open arms. Although, I may have different tastes than the people who are having a tough time. I like girls that are a little more dressed down than some. I'm not chasing after chicks in stilettos and sausage casing dresses in yaletown. More hipster chicks in gas town for me. Although, I have found most from every genre to be quite friendly.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #99
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
Wear whatever you like,long as it's tasteful and compliments your shape.
+1

Wear what makes you feel confortable.
Just make sure its not clothes thats been in the washer and dryer for 5 years!
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #100
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Is it just me or are the vancouver island girls much less snobby and more fun to be around.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote