REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   B.C.'s first Lego store to open at Oakridge Centre (https://www.revscene.net/forums/661073-b-c-s-first-lego-store-open-oakridge-centre.html)

Gh0stRider 01-10-2012 03:11 PM

B.C.'s first Lego store to open at Oakridge Centre

The home of the toy building brick is coming to Vancouver.

The Lego Group is reportedly opening its first B.C. Lego store in this spring at Oakridge Centre.

Located in the West Galleria by Safeway, the store is scheduled to open on April 15.

“We have a lot of families that shop here and we haven’t always had a ton of offerings for them,” said Karina Perkins, marketing director of Oakridge Centre. “Lego is one of those stores that have universal appeal to anyone.”

The Lego Group would not confirm the opening of the store on Monday. However, on Dec. 12 it released a job posting on the company website for a store manager in Vancouver.

According to the posting, this one-stop shop for Lego lovers will include free monthly mini builds, in-store play and Lego club meetings, according to the posting.

Perkins noted the store will be similar to those in other Canadian cities which offer Pick A Brick walls featuring Lego elements in a variety of colours and shapes in bulk and an interactive play area designed for hands-on play.

Lego has one store in Calgary and two in Toronto.

Metro - B.C.'s first Lego store to open at Oakridge Centre

TOS'd 01-10-2012 03:14 PM

YES

Gumby 01-10-2012 03:22 PM

Cool - Metro's article is the first source I've seen with an opening date stated.

For the longest time, Vancouver LEGO fans wondered if we'd see a store in Vancouver, given the fact that US prices are cheaper, and there's a LEGO Store in Bellevue, WA (approx 2 hours south).

MG1 01-10-2012 03:48 PM

I was at the Lego Store in NY this summer - totally awesome. I had no idea Toronto and other Canadian cites have them, too. Hopefully, it isn't some dinky store.

Mindstorms, FTW!

NLY 01-10-2012 04:00 PM

:awwyeah:

I bought two tubs of legos for my little cousin from a garage sale for $20. There are literally thousands of pieces (aunt and uncle were like..:heckno:)

MG1 01-10-2012 04:06 PM

I would never sell my kids' Lego. Those things are meant to be handed down to grandchildren. I've been seen playing with them from time to time, LOL.

boatcaptain 01-10-2012 04:35 PM

time to get some lego key chain
LEGO® Star Wars

dinfung 01-10-2012 04:42 PM

This is so cool. It is time to expend my lego collection:woot2:

CP.AR 01-10-2012 05:24 PM

am I the only one here that sometimes used teeth to split two joined bricks apart?

Tim Budong 01-10-2012 05:27 PM

VCB told me
hahaha

winson604 01-10-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amuro Ray (Post 7756849)
am I the only one here that sometimes used teeth to split two joined bricks apart?

Guilty

LSF22 01-10-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

I threw them on the floor... hoping they would break apart :lol

qoopoo 01-10-2012 05:30 PM

im currently building this

http://uncrate.com/p/2011/08/lego-vw-camper-xl.jpg

StylinRed 01-10-2012 06:30 PM

it'd be awesome if they took over the HMV location instead of oakridge

nlo 01-10-2012 09:20 PM

Agreed^
I really wish I didnt give away my tubs of Lego's. Literally thousands of pieces in it. Atleast I know another kid is having fun with it :)
I'll be visiting this store more than I should!

red_2 01-10-2012 09:24 PM

Great news.

Oakridge is really stepping their game up with all the new shops they have now.

CP.AR 01-10-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red_2 (Post 7757188)
Great news.

whenever I read "great news"
For whatever reason i read it in James May's voice... :okay:

Gumby 01-10-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Nowadays you can use this:

http://www.philohome.com/remover/remover6.gif

:fuckyea:

butter_sashimi 01-10-2012 09:35 PM

While everyone is generally a fan and loves to gaze in awe at fantastic displays, I really wonder if this store will be profitable. If its the spot in the mall that I'm thinking of, a lot of stores have come and gone there. There aren't many big toy stores that are alive these days. If you're not buying a gift for kid/teen, would any of you go with the intent of getting something for yourself?

I'm just curious in a business point of view.

AAnthony 01-10-2012 09:37 PM

-----

CorneringArtist 01-10-2012 09:44 PM

I had Lego Bionicle as a kid, picked up three complete sets of them, and then the toy line just got too big. Lost track of all of it though, it's sitting in my attic somewhere.

I did love to make lego guns with the regular pieces though.

ilvtofu 01-10-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red_2 (Post 7757188)
Great news.

yeah it's a pretty decent mall that's generally a nice place to be now, not too busy but with a good selection of higher end products. Only issue IMO is that oakridge seems to have a lot more business types/elderly and a store like LEGO would be more suitable in a mall like metro which has a lot more kids and stores catered to youth.

butter_sashimi 01-10-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilvtofu (Post 7757234)
yeah it's a pretty decent mall that's generally a nice place to be now, not too busy but with a good selection of higher end products. Only issue IMO is that oakridge seems to have a lot more business types/elderly and a store like LEGO would be more suitable in a mall like metro which has a lot more kids and stores catered to youth.

Thus my post above. But right by the store will be that playground that I see deranged kids always running around and Purdy's ...and kids love their icecream bars. I think Oakridge has a daycare too. Next door is Safeway so families pulling their kids along will be walking by right infront of the store. I usualy see alot of people in highschool walking about. Though.. mostly girls. Kids are around but not sure if there's enough of them.

AzNightmare 01-10-2012 10:15 PM

I'm interested in their Architecture series

mercyboy 01-10-2012 10:33 PM

thank you oakridge mall......usually i miss science world hosting lego events....hahahah now i can go there and play with lego....