REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #76
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiuYi View Post
i actually saw a white dude do that in the middle of the sidewalk the other day.... always thought it was an exclusively honger thing to do
We all whipped it out on a golf course, its ok just not in a crowded public place.

Unless you are drunk or high like a crackwhore i saw on robsons last year, pulled down her panty and pissed right at the bus stop outside tommy hilfigers.

How to raise your kid so they are not dogs 101:

1) dont talk loud in public places
2) dont piss unless in bathroom
3) dont chew and talk with food in mouth
4) most important part: most HK or china poeple don't hold the door open for you., fucking hate it.
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #77
degenerate extraordinaire

I think you missed one important lesson kids need to learn:

We are all people, there is no need to discriminate between people. Sure, we may speak different languages, look different and have different cultural norms. But in the end we are still people.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #78
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimebang View Post
如果香港人是狗 你們大陸人連狗都不如 因為香港狗都有它們的自己的廁所 但你們大陸人就把MTR當成廁所. 我們的狗都比你們的人有文化.
well said
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #79
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,273 Times in 275 Posts
fT-z33wor is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #80
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,669 Times in 147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
4) most important part: most HK or china poeple don't hold the door open for you., fucking hate it.

fuck man.... going to the states in seattle, NO ONE FUCKING SAYS THANK YOU when i open the door infront of them and no one fucking opens for me

i find it normal in canada but never down there
sindragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #81
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
side note its funny how skinny seems to be offended its like he thinks he's a honger
I'm not the least bit offended, I just thought it was funny that this guy called hong kongers "dogs" when I see a lot more dog-like behavior from his own people, and have even filmed it .

I have seen HKers do some stuff that would be 'unacceptable' to someone raised in Canada for instance. TONS of nose picking, nail clipping, pimple popping, coughing in the open, shoving, impatience, and general inconsideration are the worst traits I have observed in HKers over the years. Oh and the 'class' thing definitely, especially on the island which I avoid as much as possible. None of which I would consider "dog like"
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #82
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Lol at Hong Kong vs Mainland... When will people realize that an eye for an eye only leaves the whole world blind?
ParadiseLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:06 PM   #83
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
One of my most popular youtube videos was of this mainland guy eating chicken on the mtr. He sat on the floor and ate it with his hands right out of his backpack. He would wipe his greasy fingers all over his jacket, it was quite a shocking video. I don't think DOGS even eat like that. It had like 500k hits but unfortunately I lost the account after I posted a 30 second clip from top gear, so it's gone
Posted via RS Mobile
I remember that video. He was squatting on the MTR eating KFC while spitting out chicken bones.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #84
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuse View Post
I remember that video. He was squatting on the MTR eating KFC while spitting out chicken bones.
as a cantonese person, why the fuck do people care if he is mainland or not. There are plenty of people who do that in hongkong as hongers and canadians. One person does NOT generalize their society
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2012, 01:46 AM   #85
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
Question - Why is it acceptable to behave this way on the Mainland? I've never seen a Canadian-born family allow their child to go to the bathroom in the middle of the skytrain.
Because being ghetto is 2 steps up from being a dog. If you skipped "school" and worked on a farm as a kid to feed yourself, and you're parents were the same way, 4*9 = 60 and you would be taking shits on the skytrain too.

And then if you immigrated to, say HK, for a better life for your kids, you'd have trouble learning Cantonese because you're pretty uneducated and it's a backwards language structurally compared to English, of which you have Gr 5 level literacy anyway. On top of that, the locals are racist as shit. Then 40 years later, kids on the internet will bitch at you for keeping to yourself and not learning the language.
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:06 AM   #86
I subscribe to Revscene

God damn there's a lot of stereotype going on In here

Every culture n every race there's someone who's either rude or obnoxious

This video actually widens the gap between them

Adds fuel to the fire lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Durrann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:46 AM   #87
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I'm not the least bit offended, I just thought it was funny that this guy called hong kongers "dogs" when I see a lot more dog-like behavior from his own people, and have even filmed it .

I have seen HKers do some stuff that would be 'unacceptable' to someone raised in Canada for instance. TONS of nose picking, nail clipping, pimple popping, coughing in the open, shoving, impatience, and general inconsideration are the worst traits I have observed in HKers over the years. Oh and the 'class' thing definitely, especially on the island which I avoid as much as possible. None of which I would consider "dog like"
this is where i draw the line.
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:48 AM   #88
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
being a mainlander and having live in hk for a considerable amount of time this promotion of hate is digusting. Every culture has their good and bad. HK is now part of china whether honger like it or not and everybody should really learn to get along.

Honger really need to stop infusing racial tension especially among youth. I tutor little kids in hk and i have had 10 year old kids blurting out hate speech about mainlander to me, I told the kid that i'm in fact a mainlander. The kid was in absolute shock and refuse to believe me base upon my action and my appearance and the way i talk.

the fucking hong kong media and the kid's parent taught the kid to stereotype and to hate. not saying that there ain't any rude and disgusting mainlander but there are FAR more egocentric insensitive disrespectful sheeps in hk that are completely ignorant of other culture.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2012, 09:55 AM   #89
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
^^ yes is very disrespectful when you have kids from China that just poo and pee everywhere they do and their parents TOLD them it is ok. Later on these ppl yell and scream at pplw ho try to tell them their action is unacceptable and they need to learn what's call WASHROOM.

Also, ppl who decides to come up to HK buy out all the stocks(as in BOXES) back to China leaving ppl in HK with none of that product to buy (remember the incident with the baby milk powders where you see ppl form CHINA buying them in 10+ boxes back to China?).

Also what about those so call moms form China rushing to HK to have their babies born in HK to use allt he benfits from HK without contrubting a penny to the HK society?

Is not just this one incident that causes this. Is a whole ton of other issue put together.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #90
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
ching chong ling long

Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #91
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

so i met a guy yesterday after class and we were going to the library. he asked me if i'm from china and i said no. then he asked me where im from and i said hong kong. he seemed pretty annoyed with my answer. lol although hk is part of china now my natural initial reaction was that they are different hence i said hk and not china
hsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #92
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Sooner or later...one side is going to complain saying they took OUR JOB!!!!

highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #93
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I've visited China and HK many,many times. When I was in Guangzhou, which is a Chinese city that is 2hrs from HK via train, I was subjected to complete anarchy in terms of lack of manners, common courtesy and very basic forms of human decency. When I boarded that train to HK, things improved substantially. Let me just thank the British for taming HK when they did and forcing western values upon the indigenous population. It's really two different worlds.
epicbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #94
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
complicated reponse ensuing but i'll keep it simple

im canadian through n through (only 1/4 chinese :P)

lived in HK for a very long time (but "home" is in van), still have a home over there though, have family in both HK & China most the family left the mainland when the commies came (family is british/pakistani/chinese) half my aunts/uncles were born in HK including my mom

so i guess if you wanted to choose one "honger" would be most accurate

sure it would be disgusting for us... but what you seem to miss is that different cultures have different attitudes towards things... just like a girl in a tube top is considered disgusting/slutty in other cultures... or someone who doesn't bathe 5X a day could be considered a bum in arabia

this i think is a major issue for Hongers.. there's very little understanding for different cultures (its probably why they're so racist/prejudice towards everyone)

sure it is... its either that or hoping they have adult bladders so they can hold it...
This should not be a culture issue, when mainlanders come to a foreign city or country, be it Hong Kong or Vancouver. They should realize they are no longer on the mainland or wherever they are from and that there is "culture" that is acceptable and common courtesy to hold back on certain actions that may be acceptable within your own community.
iamed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #95
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #96
Banned By Establishment

^ jst saw that on FB too.. was gonna post and discuss
Old 01-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #97
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,753 Times in 353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
only dogs sit like that in public *cough
Bahhbeehhaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-21-2012, 01:00 PM   #98
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
thats the asian sitting stance... whether u're honger, mainlander, viet, filipino, thai, taiwanese, jap, korean, CBC, etc etc

and i doubt that guy knows if he categorized them correctly
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #99
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamed View Post
This should not be a culture issue, when mainlanders come to a foreign city or country, be it Hong Kong or Vancouver. They should realize they are no longer on the mainland or wherever they are from and that there is "culture" that is acceptable and common courtesy to hold back on certain actions that may be acceptable within your own community.
hongers should realize that too then...
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-21-2012, 01:03 PM   #100
Banned By Establishment

nammer squat like bosses