REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #51
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
hongers are very racist/prejudice (they hate indians, mainlanders, filipinos, dark skinned chinese people, viets, etc)

and since mainlanders are becoming more and more wealthy and filling up HK, the Hongers cant stand it and are hating on them because hongers are used to being the more wealthy group and they've always looked down at mainlanders as farmers who come to HK to be thugs & prostitutes

so they'll nitpick on every little thing even if hongers do the same things themselves

you can thank the british for instilling a class system in the mind of hongers.. thats why hongers look down at everyone even dark skinned chinese people

granted more mainlanders than hongers, even though they're wealthy now, have a more communal/peasant upbringing than hongers do; so you get actions which seem repulsive to hongers like letting a child who has to go the washroom to just go wherever they're standing but actions like being very loud, inconsiderate, etc are very much inherent to hongers as well but they'll ignore that fact and still dis mainlanders over it

there are "dogs" in both hongers and mainlanders

this really isn't newsworthy at all... you've got hongers making songs about dissing mainlanders, like they did in the late 80s/90s with Viet refugees (there was a really popular song hitting the charts telling viets to go home) even though most of them were ethnically chinese (and spoke it too), and doing all sorts of other shit but it doesn't get its own thread

side note its funny how skinny seems to be offended its like he thinks he's a honger
this is why i dont give a shit and wont favour either side. one side is rude and disgusting while the other is snobby and hateful. how u gonna have your own countrymen ignore u at a store and refuse to serve their own ppl? what kinda pathetic scum is that? tons of amazing hk and mainland ppl but there are also many who are not. this is why i just wont live there and dont take it seriously. great people, great countries, but spoiled by a buncha assholes who are really not nice at all.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #52
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,835 Times in 987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
The rage against mainalanders comes from the fact that they are hogging Hong Kong resources. Imagine people from seattle coming to Vancouver buying up all baby milk powder so that it is impossible for you to buy milk for your baby. Pregnant women rushing the ER to have babies so that they can get a canadian citizenship for their kids and themselves later on while the hospitals are already at max capacity. once they have the citizenship, they can hog subsideized housing and other benefits. People will get angry and pissed off, why do they have to share something that they did not earn in the first place? They are not immigrating they do not contribute to hong kong, many times they still keep their chinese citizenship and their residential accounts.
Yeah.. I just can't imagine what it would be like if a ton of people came to Vancouver from another area, not really immigrating, keeping their own citizenship else where, using up our health care and unbalancing certain economies with foreign income..
Old 01-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #53
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
It's funny that I came across this video just moments after seeing a mainland mom have her son pee into a plastic bag, tie it up and throw it in the garbage, much like you would do with A DOG. this is in a mall btw, not outside
Posted via RS Mobile
I saw a worse case. My friends were going to Central, and this Mainlander grandma was holding her baby grandson, he needed to pee, so she took off his diaper and he urinated on the floor with a stream of urine running down the middle of the MTR train.
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
Yeah.. I just can't imagine what it would be like if a ton of people came to Vancouver from another area, not really immigrating, keeping their own citizenship else where, using up our health care and unbalancing certain economies with foreign income..
But that's what is and will happen. The emerging market country excels, and their 1% flee to safer areas. Same thing happened when Russia exploded from communism -- all their billionaires fled to Switzerland and London and bought up everything. The same is happening with China and HK/Vancouver, and now even London. I talked to a realtor there about a month ago and the majority of London real estate is now being snapped up by wealthy China people. In the end, it's a free market world and money talks. We may hate it having been born in Vancouver (or wherever) and having our way of life being reverse culture shocked, but there's really nothing we can do.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #55
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by achiam View Post
But that's what is and will happen. The emerging market country excels, and their 1% flee to safer areas. Same thing happened when Russia exploded from communism -- all their billionaires fled to Switzerland and London and bought up everything. The same is happening with China and HK/Vancouver, and now even London. I talked to a realtor there about a month ago and the majority of London real estate is now being snapped up by wealthy China people. In the end, it's a free market world and money talks. We may hate it having been born in Vancouver (or wherever) and having our way of life being reverse culture shocked, but there's really nothing we can do.
he was being sarcastic to yray...
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #56
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Question - Why is it acceptable to behave this way on the Mainland? I've never seen a Canadian-born family allow their child to go to the bathroom in the middle of the skytrain.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #57
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Hahhah dailu's.
Honestly there wouldnt be so much hate towards the dailu's if they up'd their manners to be atuned with the rest of the world. Didnt the government have to hand out pamphlets to teach the dailu's how to behave during the 2008 beijing olympics?

In vancouver, even hkers have bad manners. I guess westerners here would look down on hkers and dailu's, and the hkers would look down on the dailu's.

I have no hate towards ppl who are from china, just the ones with bad manners. Many students at sfu are from china, and they do have a presentable behaviour not consistent to the older generation.
Posted via RS Mobile
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
Question - Why is it acceptable to behave this way on the Mainland? I've never seen a Canadian-born family allow their child to go to the bathroom in the middle of the skytrain.

because children are pure little creatures in the mainland and public washrooms aren't abundantly available

so when a child has to go they have to go (part of that communal culture) no ones disgusted by it since its a child

you dont see adults whipping it out and pissing on the floor in front of them (sure there's the odd whineo but everyone has that)

what about the hongers that just blow snot out of their nose onto the ground like they've got a snowblower up in their nose (see it among senior mainlanders too but mostly prevalent among hongers in my experience even locally)
Old 01-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #59
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
because children are pure little creatures in the mainland and public washrooms aren't abundantly available

so when a child has to go they have to go (part of that communal culture) no ones disgusted by it since its a child

you dont see adults whipping it out and pissing on the floor in front of them (sure there's the odd whineo but everyone has that)

what about the hongers that just blow snot out of their nose onto the ground like they've got a snowblower up in their nose (see it among senior mainlanders too but mostly prevalent among hongers in my experience even locally)
Don't know if you're being sarcastic or not..

How is it not disgusting when a kid pulls down his or her pants and starts taking a whizz in the middle of a street or any public area. All because they're children, it doesn't make it OK and by no means is not having an abundant amount of washrooms a legitimate argument as well. Their parents should be teaching these kids as part of their "potty training" that you only go when its either a toilet or behind a bush at 4 A.M in the morning with no one around
iamed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #60

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
StylinRed im not disagreeing with you or anything, just wondering if you are a HKer or mainlander

and dam did the video ever add fuel to the fire, feeling HKer's hatred towards mainlanders more than ever, FB is going nuts with rants

that one guy's comments pretty much represented all of them
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #61
degenerate extraordinaire

the issue here is that both sides don't admit to their faults. They both only represent themselves with the upper class and neglect the poverty-stricken population.

However, what really angers me is that the speaker is a professor at a highly recognized university. This attitude is no different than hongers finding mainlanders to be disgusting. He mentions mainlanders are of higher quality, but this claim cannot be justified because they were never under the same circumstances. They use the 'great firewall' in order to censor everything on the internet, and they play the China national anthem every now and then on TV to keep themselves united.

He blames the Brits for ruining HK, but another what if question is what would HK be like if it were never sold off? My guess would be that it would still be a mere transportation port or a random fishing industry sector, rather than the prosperous financial center it is today.

PS. If you think you've seen them at the worse with the pissing. There was an instance where a baby had explosive diarrhea, and the mother changed the baby on the table at a restaurant.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #62
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by achiam View Post
That's why there needs to be protection for the local folks like what some countires does. I believe in singapore you have to be a citizen in order to buy up real estate. Hk or Vancouver should do the same thing. You just can't be say a landed immgrant(Maple Card) or have dou citizenship if you have to buy real estate.

I haven't hear much news about singapore's real estate having issue.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
StylinRed im not disagreeing with you or anything, just wondering if you are a HKer or mainlander
complicated reponse ensuing but i'll keep it simple

im canadian through n through (only 1/4 chinese :P)

lived in HK for a very long time (but "home" is in van), still have a home over there though, have family in both HK & China most the family left the mainland when the commies came (family is british/pakistani/chinese) half my aunts/uncles were born in HK including my mom

so i guess if you wanted to choose one "honger" would be most accurate

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamed View Post
Don't know if you're being sarcastic or not..

How is it not disgusting when a kid pulls down his or her pants and starts taking a whizz in the middle of a street or any public area.
sure it would be disgusting for us... but what you seem to miss is that different cultures have different attitudes towards things... just like a girl in a tube top is considered disgusting/slutty in other cultures... or someone who doesn't bathe 5X a day could be considered a bum in arabia

this i think is a major issue for Hongers.. there's very little understanding for different cultures (its probably why they're so racist/prejudice towards everyone)

Quote:
All because they're children, it doesn't make it OK and by no means is not having an abundant amount of washrooms a legitimate argument as well.
sure it is... its either that or hoping they have adult bladders so they can hold it...

Last edited by StylinRed; 01-20-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #64
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,040 Posts
all i heard was shar shar
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #65
hoppity HOP HOP

Thanked 1,634 Times in 526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
It's funny that I came across this video just moments after seeing a mainland mom have her son pee into a plastic bag, tie it up and throw it in the garbage, much like you would do with A DOG. this is in a mall btw, not outside
Posted via RS Mobile
I saw a kid peeing on a pillar in front of Rice World in Richmond, with the mainlander grandmother watching, next to him.
Spectre_Cdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #66

since we're talking about seeing little kids pee in public

i was in daiso and this mainlander was trying to let her kid pee in a cup/bag while in line for the cashier everyone was

and the manager came running out and told her to stop and that she couldnt do that here

so she yelled and tried to get the kid to pee in the garbage can instead the staff kept telling her no and tried to get her to stop but she was adamant about letting her kid pee right there... her husband was trying to pull her away but the kid couldnt hold it and just started going

it seemed to me that for her this was a breast feeding in public type issue which btw is another example of other cultures thinking something is fine but others would be like
Old 01-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #67
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikkaku View Post
the issue here is that both sides don't admit to their faults. They both only represent themselves with the upper class and neglect the poverty-stricken population. .
Exactly.....

This whole fiasco with Hong Kong and China is pathetic.
Both sides are clearly to blame.
The wealthy bashing the poor or uneducated.
Iv done my fair share of travels to the mainland and Hong Kong.
Majority are good people. However, both have the rude and abnoxious.
There is no better side. For all the believers above this post who think Hong Kong people are better than mainlanders or vice versa... you are also to blame. Grow up.

The peeing in public, nose picking etc... well.. It was only 20 years or so ago when allot of the cities in the mainland were farms. Now being transformed to massive advanced cities. Throughout the country side, where are all the poor going to try to find work? To try to find education? To the city of course. Hell I would, if it was me and Im fairly sure it would be you as well. Not their fault they were brought up in the poorer country side. They dont know better. Many poor families dont have running toilets, or running water, they werent taught how to use a fork or knife, or even use a toilet. (kid you not), many cant afford diapers, they dont even know what a diaper is... blah blah blah...
Sure its all digusting to many of us...... However, these changes take time.
Hell.. in some cases many farmers dont even want to be in the city. Some are just clearly being banished from their homes from the goverment so they can build massive cities and buildings.

Education and experience.. The bashing between the two is just shameful.
I can almost gaurantee you. The father holding his son, peeing on the train. That kid growing up. Will not be doing the same to his son.
Education and experience....
SlySi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #68
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
since we're talking about seeing little kids pee in public

i was in daiso and this mainlander was trying to let her kid pee in a cup/bag while in line for the cashier everyone was

and the manager came running out and told her to stop and that she couldnt do that here

so she yelled and tried to get the kid to pee in the garbage can instead the staff kept telling her no and tried to get her to stop but she was adamant about letting her kid pee right there... her husband was trying to pull her away but the kid couldnt hold it and just started going

it seemed to me that for her this was a breast feeding in public type issue which btw is another example of other cultures thinking something is fine but others would be like
Remember the incident where a mom from China let her kid poo in the sink a few years ago and yell back as ppl told her not to@@ and this happen right at the Vancouver Intertional Airport.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:33 PM   #69

lol i remember hearing about it, i think on rs ;0
Old 01-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #70
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Remember the incident where a mom from China let her kid poo in the sink a few years ago and yell back as ppl told her not to@@ and this happen right at the Vancouver Intertional Airport.

Crosspost from the "My parents have lived in Canada for 40 years and can't speak English" thread.

She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #71
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
Quote:
i actually saw a white dude do that in the middle of the sidewalk the other day.... always thought it was an exclusively honger thing to do
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlySi View Post
Exactly.....

This whole fiasco with Hong Kong and China is pathetic.
Both sides are clearly to blame.
The wealthy bashing the poor or uneducated.
Iv done my fair share of travels to the mainland and Hong Kong.
Majority are good people. However, both have the rude and abnoxious.
There is no better side. For all the believers above this post who think Hong Kong people are better than mainlanders or vice versa... you are also to blame. Grow up.

The peeing in public, nose picking etc... well.. It was only 20 years or so ago when allot of the cities in the mainland were farms. Now being transformed to massive advanced cities. Throughout the country side, where are all the poor going to try to find work? To try to find education? To the city of course. Hell I would, if it was me and Im fairly sure it would be you as well. Not their fault they were brought up in the poorer country side. They dont know better. Many poor families dont have running toilets, or running water, they werent taught how to use a fork or knife, or even use a toilet. (kid you not), many cant afford diapers, they dont even know what a diaper is... blah blah blah...
Sure its all digusting to many of us...... However, these changes take time.
Hell.. in some cases many farmers dont even want to be in the city. Some are just clearly being banished from their homes from the goverment so they can build massive cities and buildings.

Education and experience.. The bashing between the two is just shameful.
I can almost gaurantee you. The father holding his son, peeing on the train. That kid growing up. Will not be doing the same to his son.
Education and experience....
It's true. Another well-known healthcare example was when the government introduced condoms to the villagers in rural areas. A follow-up visit showed that many of the people simply washed the condom and hung it on the clothesline to dry. We in the west obviously express shock at this, but it's a clear representation of the steep knowledge curve. People are a product of their environment, and we all too often forget this (myself included).
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #73
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,669 Times in 147 Posts
ooo i read english comment on the video

Quote:
some says the mom ate with the kid, and she didnt admit it. the mom used her kid and her lack of understanding of cantonese as excuses for her disrespect of the rules in the train, shame on her
edit: i learned two things in this thread.

1. Hongers/mainlanders hate each other A LOT (even my friend who is from mainland/beijing hates the fuck out of cantonese people and lives in richmond) very racist amongst hongers
2. OntheDLO pees in a plastic bag where do you even get a bag when you are wasted.

atleast onthedlo is better than the guy on 9gag who poops in the shower and chucks his shit with his barehands
sindragon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #74
Banned (ABWS)

如果香港人是狗 你們大陸人連狗都不如 因為香港狗都有它們的自己的廁所 但你們大陸人就把MTR當成廁所. 我們的狗都比你們的人有文化.
minimebang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #75

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
He says that a lot of people in Hong Kong are theives and the quality of HK is amongst the worst in China? I always thought it was the other way around. I remember when I was going to Guangzhou from Hong Kong and the second we cross the border thing you would see everyone carrying their backpacks in front of them because they're scared of things being stolen. I've had my relatives in China tell me never to put my wallet in the back pocket of my jeans because it's too dangerous. You barely ever see that shit in Hong Kong

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Limitless is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: