REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:15 AM   #126
I subscribe to Revscene

Failed 12 Times in 9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tic Tac View Post
However, not many of the China of the chest, directly or as a result of a number, the correct diagnosis, or invasive.
for some idiotic reason my brain always tries to make sense of your posts.
Advertisement
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #127
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Failed 929 Times in 340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastgsr View Post
Anyone in a customer service job get a smart ass comment from a mainlander when you tell them you speak Cantonese and not Mandarin?

I fucken want to punch these fuckers in the face so bad.

BTW Recently rich mainlanders are the equivalent to the term "Nigger Rich". Look it up if you dont know.

Also I would like to state I hate all people equally, including my own people.
O yea I straight tell them I don't speak chinese. I am sorry but this is Vancouver offical language is English. If you can't even start up a simple conversion in the native language then you shouldn't be here.

Is funny coz most of the time they talk shit about you then in the end I tell I can understand chinese perfectly and Thank you for using our service. The shock then embrassing look on thier face are priceless
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:56 AM   #128
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
Failed 4,294,967,295 Times in 173 Posts
Mainland, HK, tw are all Chinese. Fucking embarrassing fighting and talking shit about each other

本是同根生
相煎何太急
Posted via RS Mobile
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #129
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,821 Times in 1,214 Posts
Failed 613 Times in 192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstoner View Post
Mainland, HK, tw are all Chinese. Fucking embarrassing fighting and talking shit about each other

本是同根生
相煎何太急
Posted via RS Mobile
Many mainland Chinese use this very ideology trying to justify any cultural differences between mainland, HK and TW. Many confused 華人 (people from Chinese ancestry) vs 中國人 (Chinese) and it's sad that Chinese themselves are putting the shadow on people who try to be proud of their ancestry.

The fact is, people in the 3 places have very different sense of value. I see nothing wrong with argument on value. It is a problem or conflict the society have to deal with sooner than later. And if it's mainlanders who have to play the catch-up, urge them to do so. Why do (generally) better/more western-socially acceptable people in HK and TW have to bear with the screwups that mainland Chinese are doing OUTSIDE OF CHINA?
Old 01-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #130
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 805 Times in 81 Posts
instead of arguing online, i wanna witness hongers legislation pass laws that restrict the number of chinese in hong kong or something of this nature.
niu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #131
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Failed 68 Times in 49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by niu99 View Post
instead of arguing online, i wanna witness hongers legislation pass laws that restrict the number of chinese in hong kong or something of this nature.
I think RS should ban retards like you ..

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
too_slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:58 PM   #132
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,753 Times in 353 Posts
Failed 1,002 Times in 133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by too_slow View Post
I think RS should ban retards like you ..
i don't think you should think RS should ban retards like him.. he will be soon

Edit :
niu99 - hong kong is part of china...
Bahhbeehhaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2012, 11:25 AM   #133
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Failed 0 Times in 0 Posts
i certainly like dogs more than some people
Tanooki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2012, 11:27 PM   #134
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 30 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
The rage against mainalanders comes from the fact that they are hogging Hong Kong resources. Imagine people from seattle coming to Vancouver buying up all baby milk powder so that it is impossible for you to buy milk for your baby. Pregnant women rushing the ER to have babies so that they can get a canadian citizenship for their kids and themselves later on while the hospitals are already at max capacity. once they have the citizenship, they can hog subsideized housing and other benefits. People will get angry and pissed off, why do they have to share something that they did not earn in the first place? They are not immigrating they do not contribute to hong kong, many times they still keep their chinese citizenship and their residential accounts.
To put this "hogging resources" into perspective:

for every 10 babies in HK with both Hong Kong Resident parents, there are 8 non-resident ones. (as of 2010) HK resident birth rate hasn't changed in the past 5-7 years. Non-resident birth rate has grown exponentially.

The hospitals have been crying about lack of bed space for years, and their cries are well justified.

guess what happened next? The babies take up space in the HK school system. Then the parents claim that they need to have citizenship to take care of their baby in HK. (some how, bringing their kid back home to China never crossed their minds)

Where do the babies come from? There are business setup to provide complete service, from getting your visa and stuff to go to HK, to getting you a place to stay in HK while pregnant, to getting you to the hospital when your water breaks (They know hospital staff refuse foreign births, so they go at the last minute to make it a life & death situation)
conflagrare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:36 AM   #135
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Failed 22 Times in 11 Posts
A lot of over generalization here. Some background on the interviewed man may help.

Kong is an unpopular associated professor at Peking University. He knows nothing about sociology, history or ethics. His specialty is Chinese language, in modern fiction and kungfu novels.

Students in Peking University disliked him so much they started a motion to have him fired, as he kept swearing in class.

Yes, the majority of Peking University students wanted Kong dismissed for promoting violence and hatred.

His assistant was jailed for stabbing a reporter who criticized Kong.

Absolutely no class, an insult to China, no, make that an insult to humanity.
observer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #136

Failed 98 Times in 44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
complicated reponse ensuing but i'll keep it simple

im canadian through n through (only 1/4 chinese :P)

lived in HK for a very long time (but "home" is in van), still have a home over there though, have family in both HK & China most the family left the mainland when the commies came (family is british/pakistani/chinese) half my aunts/uncles were born in HK including my mom
I think we need to see a pics of your sister.

I think it's hilarious how much we hated hongers pouring in during the 90s and now that it's happening in HK they are displaying the same sentiments. I'm still not a fan of rich people buying property in other countries to hide their money. You made your riches in that system however corrupt it is and now you're afraid of the same system taking it away?
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #137
Banned (ABWS)

Failed 805 Times in 81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by conflagrare View Post
Where do the babies come from? There are business setup to provide complete service, from getting your visa and stuff to go to HK, to getting you a place to stay in HK while pregnant, to getting you to the hospital when your water breaks (They know hospital staff refuse foreign births, so they go at the last minute to make it a life & death situation)
they also specialize in canada too. from getting your tourist visa to assisting giving birth in canada so the baby can acquire canada citizenship at birth. isn't that great.
niu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:49 AM   #138
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 24,147 Times in 8,357 Posts
Failed 1,530 Times in 678 Posts
This video has been making the rounds in HK recently. It's a mainlander mother with her retarded son. Her son had to take a shit while they were in causeway bay so.. well...

WARNING: It really is a video of someone taking a shit in public

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:08 AM   #139
I bringith the lowerballerith

Failed 257 Times in 119 Posts
^

Skinny that's fucking disgusting,some people seriously need to learn some manners and develop some class,even if they have no self respect,at least have some respect for others in public.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #140
I bringith the lowerballerith

Failed 257 Times in 119 Posts
Just saw the video again,I think I recognize the person to be Hyde who was taking the dump on the street.

He probably had to go while waiting for the valet to bring him his Enzo.At the end of the video,you can clearly see him standing there,of what looks like the front entrance with his pants still down,of what appears to be a very exclusive VIP noodle house restaurant.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #141
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Failed 203 Times in 83 Posts
is the son really mentally retarded? or are you calling him a retard cuz he's shitting on the streets?

either way, thats fucking disgusting, how can we not generalize them when shit like this always happen?
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #142
Need to Seek Professional Help

Failed 459 Times in 36 Posts
I think he actually has a disability lol
RESN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #143
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Failed 4 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
is the son really mentally retarded? or are you calling him a retard cuz he's shitting on the streets?

either way, thats fucking disgusting, how can we not generalize them when shit like this always happen?
We don't have to generalize them and if you do then you're an ass.

I don't see Mainlanders here shitting all over the place. Hong Kong probably harbours more Mainlanders than Vancouver so there's a higher chance of public shitters there, but I don't think it's fair to generalize them. Why?

Some Cantonese people can be down right loud and rude and I've encountered a shit load of them in Vancouver and Hong Kong. Is it fair to judge all Cantonese people as obnoxious? BTW, I'm Cantonese myself.

There are some Koreans who are extremely cliquey and give off the vibe that they think they're the best nationality out there. Is that true for all Koreans?

Some Japanese have funky teeth. Is it true for all Japanese?

The Filipino accent is hard to understand and a lot of their women become nannies. Are all Filipinos going to fail at getting other careers besides being nannies/nurses/janitors?

Stop painting a nationality/race with the same brush that you use to label certain individuals. I know "certain" isn't the best way to describe the number of public shitters in Hong Kong but if all Mainlanders publicly shitted then Hong Kong would be overrun by shit, and same with Vancouver. Point being, get off your high horse.
dasani604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #144
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
i think he's probably handicapped... at least you hope that's the reason cuz

and his mother/gf/wife/person that's with him looks embarrassed about it hence they're covering their face
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #145
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Failed 126 Times in 51 Posts
yeah, i highly doubt he did such an action out of habit... its a bit too much to overgeneralize to the entire chinese population just because of this one guy who does seem to have a mental disorder. BTW, I dislike the fact that the hongers in the video were swearing in canto. If you want to talk about class, you gotta take that into consideration as well...

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.

Last edited by instantneedles; 02-03-2012 at 01:26 PM.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #146

Failed 68 Times in 25 Posts
Why are you guys treating this as a class or cultural issue???

The people are spitting phlegm, peeing in public and shitting on the streets!!! THIS IS FUCKING PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY ISSUE!! Fuck class and cultures, I don't want a disease epidemic!
Geoc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #147
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,214 Times in 2,290 Posts
Failed 1,143 Times in 311 Posts
the infamous golden nuggets can be found in many malls and streets in HK
its pretty sickening
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #148
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Failed 553 Times in 157 Posts
i saw a mom holding a kid up against a elevator to pee in causeway bay during my trip back this year...

yes they were speaking mandarin and the mom definately had that mainland dresscode on her
Old 02-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #149
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,669 Times in 147 Posts
Failed 446 Times in 87 Posts
Lol interesting stuff from my family who just visited hong kong. They said the hospital beds are so booked cus mainlanders are taking that it was so sad seeing hongers giving birth in the hallway
Posted via RS Mobile
sindragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #150
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,387 Times in 3,913 Posts
Failed 1,390 Times in 625 Posts
^^^ that's just ridiculous and not true, i know i haven't been back in ages but ive got relatives who are doctors over there who agree its busssssy but not packed to the point of hallway births; and they've restricted mainlanders from entering the hk to give birth unless one of the parents is from hk

and the private hospitals obviously have room if you have the funds

Last edited by StylinRed; 02-03-2012 at 02:45 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote