REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #26
F30
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Pics are worth a thousand words. Woah, that is just terrible.

Direct the dealer to this thread~! I sure as hell would stay away from that dealer after reading this thread.

Get them to pay for proper detailing job to bring the car back to life. That is the LEAST they can do now, but should do WAY MORE.

And this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon_Fed View Post

I really hope this gets worked out for you. Buying a new car should be an exciting time, not a stress filled time driving around a car that looks like Helen Keller detailed it.
Advertisement
'04 Acura MDX Touring Black (sold)
'98 Honda Civic SI coupe Silver (sold)
F30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #27
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

can you contact Subaru Canada and complain?
yoshi86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #28
Rs has made me the man i am today!

That's pretty bad! Although black almost always tends to swirl even after the first wash, that sucks it arrived like that brand new! Never let a dealership detail your car. Usually it just ends up being the most unexperienced lot boys who do the job and they don't know what they're doing. Looking at your car the way it is now will require 1-2 stage cut & resin polish in order for you to be happy. 5-8h job through our sponsors.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #29

Ok so I have a 2010 STi got my second service done at Richmond Subaru after getting the car back i notice my center console has light scratches on the plastic finish. I drove back the next day and advice them my problem, the service advisor did not seem too concern about my damage panel so I when straight for the Manager (brown guy) this guy was even worst. he said "that looks like wear and tear"!?!?!? dude I just bought this thing its mint! and I am very careful on handling my personal belongings. so by now I have the manager and my salesman in front of me telling me that they can give me a replacement part for cost + 10% + taxes after they damage my car that I purchase from them. talk about customer service dream!
here is the damage picture, I might be a little hard to see

k20er is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #30
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Spoiler!

Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.
That panel is right by the cubby hole. That's easy caused by wearing a jacket with buttons on the sleeve, or by wearing a Watch, and reaching for something.

Why don't you go complain about tire wear too while you're at it?

To OP:
Go complain to a Manager, and get your money back for both services, as well as compensation to get it fixed professionally. That kind of work shouldn't have happened the second time around.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #31
Rs has made me the man i am today!

K20er: Did you really expect them to replace the trim for free? Did they work on the interior of the car? If they didn't, then it's hard to make them take ownership of some light scratches that really looks like wear and tear. Think of it in their point of view and you'll see that it's a very tough call.

In the OP's case, there's no doubt that the paid Pro-Pack was done very poorly and it should be re-done no question. Make sure you have them do it right.
Dinan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #32
retired

How can anybody even deliver a car back to a customer in that condition? The holograms on the paint is one thing, but how can they leave all that wax/polish build up on the bumper there.

Absolutely disgusting. They should refund your $300 for one thing, then they should front the bill to have that professionally repaired vs one of their idiots doing it.
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #33
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
i am absolutely flustered and sick of this dealership. the way they talked to me just now, made me seem like the perpatraitor. The sales manager Kevin is absolutely the worse person to try to bargain out something. No refunds, we'll fix it" is all I got.

I warn everyone to stay away from richmond subaru, i have never been treated so bad in my car buying life.
Posted via RS Mobile
belaud is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2012, 03:23 PM   #34
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

If they keep polishing it, your paint is going to be paper thin!!
Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #35
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenosan View Post
How can anybody even deliver a car back to a customer in that condition?
Better question, why would any customer even take delivery of a car
(especially something like a brand new STI) in such horrible condition.
I would have make sure they fixed everything before I even sign off the paper...
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #36
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High View Post
Better question, why would any customer even take delivery of a car
(especially something like a brand new STI) in such horrible condition.
I would have make sure they fixed everything before I even sign off the paper...
Exactly. Even if you sign the papers and they deliver you a shitty car, you have a 24hr cooling off period, provided that you do not drive the car off the lot.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #37
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

My god... shouldnt have even taken it on delivery! that is totally unacceptable... return that shiz and go to another dealer. Hate to see this happen to people
z3german is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #38
F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3german View Post
My god... shouldnt have even taken it on delivery! that is totally unacceptable... return that shiz and go to another dealer. Hate to see this happen to people
The car has been driven and I doubt he can return it now.

I'd contact the dealership owner AND Subaru Canada and show them your pictures, direct them to this thread.

This is unacceptable and they sure do not need this type of bad publicity, I bet they will make it right. You just need to find the right person for this discussion.

Good luck.
'04 Acura MDX Touring Black (sold)
'98 Honda Civic SI coupe Silver (sold)
F30 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSER View Post
The car has been driven and I doubt he can return it now.

I'd contact the dealership owner AND Subaru Canada and show them your pictures, direct them to this thread.

This is unacceptable and they sure do not need this type of bad publicity, I bet they will make it right. You just need to find the right person for this discussion.

Good luck.
Hope OP posts good news about his car! Not going to buy from Subaru until i see some rectification! Good luck OP!
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #40

Its a beautiful car. But looking at those pics it looks like you bought it used! and in bad shape.

Shitty for what happened. I would go back there and straight out bitch, if not get 3rd party involvement into it.
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:10 PM   #41

you should call CTV, that linda steele on your side chick. Im sure they'll jump through hoops for you if she helps u out.
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #42
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
the best thing to do in this case is go direct to subaru canada with those photos. because the car is brand new and this occurred as part of the delivery process, a complaint to subaru canada will more than likely get passed down to the dealer and I am confident that will light a fire under them to take care of the problem properly.

if there is one thing dealers need, it's to maintain good standing with the corporation with respect to the purchase process. a good rating often means incentive payments from the manufacturer to the franchise. it's why when you are asked to fill out the post purchase survey you are often bribed with a gift certificate or something similar.

let us know how it goes.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkttsang View Post
you should call CTV, that linda steele on your side chick. Im sure they'll jump through hoops for you if she helps u out.
if that goes on tele let me know! i wanna watch!
Old 02-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #44
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

contact Subaru of Canada. ASAP.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #45
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

CAMVAP might be another good choice to go with
1995 Nissan 240sx SOLD
2009 Saturn Astra
some_punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:52 PM   #46

Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
Alright guys, small update

The car was "inspected" before handing the keys to me, it was actually raining when I received, therefore I did not spot all the imperfections, I only did so once i parked in an underground parking for it to dry off did I see ALL the problems with it.

Kam, the general sales manager was unhelpful to the point where he was starting to make ME feel uncomfortable by complaining:

1. I was EXTREMELY civilized, I did not yell, I did not cuss, I did not even raise my voice, he made me feel as though I was a problem to the dealership.

2. He did not answer any of my questions,
why was the car in such bad condition?
why was I not contacted in regards to a solution?
why did I have to contact you guys in order to set something up?
why is my car in every weekend?
why are your detailers so incompetent as to leave wax, polish & clay on my car?
why did you not know about any of this for the last 3 weeks?

The only answers I got were "i dont know, i don't know, stop complaining, i'll get it fixed, I don't know, you can complain till your face turns blue, but I can't do anything, i don't know"

The kicker is, once I asked the last question, "I feel offended that it boggles your mind as to why I do not know any of this, it can boggle your mind but I can't help today, you are offending ME"

3. He gave no guarantee as to if my car will actually be in immaculate condition tomorrow, only saying he will get it done. It gave me little to no confidence towards the detailer himself.

4. He offered no compensation until I demanded it, I had to fucking push it, it was obvious his compensation to me was a free oil change, as his face was shocked when i said, "an oil change is NOT a compensation kevin, I want an actual compensation for my wasted time, money, and effort."

He was literally doing this face once he realized I was not taking an oil change .

5. When I asked for a refund and said I will choose my own detailer and get out of your dealership, he said "I will not give you a refund, you are not getting your money back."

I am less then pleased, I am pissed off at the service being offered to me. I know I am getting a key chain or a magazine for my "compensation", it was obvious they gave little to no shits, I was treated as a parasite, rather then a customer who was screwed.

Even if my car is truly fixed, I will be writing a lengthy letter towards Subaru Canada regarding this issue, I was screwed for this month's entire weekends, I was running circles and getting no where, I had to raise my voice in order to get somewhere, even then, I'm getting no where.

I advice EVERYONE to stay away from Olympic Motors and their affiliates (Richmond Subaru, Vancouver Kia, Richmond Suzuki, etc.) I've been fucked so hard, lube won't help me here.

Last edited by belaud; 02-21-2012 at 01:07 PM. Reason: spelling
belaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:02 AM   #47
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
propack isnt a detail at all.

its a wash, maybe a clay, then hand application of sealant under some fancy "diamondkotelike" name and then buffed off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:39 AM   #48
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belaud View Post
I've been fucked so hard, lube won't help me here.
Quoted for the best line in this whole thread so far
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:51 AM   #49
Banned (ABWS)

Wait, so people still undercoat their cars?

LOL
Over9K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:21 AM   #50
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belaud View Post
Spoiler!
I had a similar experience before where the manager was saying I would not get my money back for a botched part installation.

You just have to be firm and persistent, tell them reputation is very important when doing business especially in times like this. Explain to them that you will make this known to many people - not hard to do nowadays with all the social media stuff. Tell them you will write to Subaru Canada, the BBB, the president of the dealership, possibly tv? Show them this thread.

You did not get what you paid for and you did nothing wrong and don't deserve this kind of treatment and they are being unfair. The only way to resolve this is by them making you happy.

It costs maybe $500 to get the car professionally detailed. What is the cost to them of reputation and sales lost once people know about this?
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote