REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #126
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Stand outside with papers printed about Belaud's case. Hand them out as they approach the lot. We can try to refrain from staying within the limits of their property, but at least we'll get the word out.
Advertisement
Taxmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:41 AM   #127
RabidMod

Thanked 1,099 Times in 407 Posts
I'll try and spread the word, this is all kinds of messed up. I think you've been more than reasonable considering the situation.

1. RCubed
2. Matsuda
3. Bigbaddie
4. Taxmonkey
5. z3german
6. CorneringArtist
7. Energy
8. Bonestock
9. busdriverman
10. RabidRat
Old 02-22-2012, 02:16 AM   #128
RabidMod

Thanked 1,099 Times in 407 Posts
Posted on s2ki, Vancouver section:
Richmond Subaru - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Once this progresses and if Subaru Canada won't help you, I'll post in the general section as well.

Everyone else, feel free to copy my post from s2ki to whatever other forums you're on (the link to NASIOC might be messed if you copy directly, you may need to edit that for yourself).

Last edited by RabidRat; 02-22-2012 at 02:32 AM.
RabidRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:06 AM   #129
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
Since I am up from having a high fever, and stressing out over the car still. Let me inform everyone with the full story that unraveled today/yesterday, in case anyone thinks I am trying to swing the story to my side of favour.

I had gone to the dealership at around 12:30 to pick up my car, I met up with Kam and Mark (sales manager) who went out and showed me the car in the rain. Stating they had already checked the car over when it was dry and it was in PERFECT condition, cool, I trust them, I'll take it then, finally.

As we sat down, exchanged thanks/jokes, the usual after a long struggle, talked about compensation, cut the cheque, by gones be by gones. I was legitimately happy at this point seeing as how my car did[ look pristine...in the rain.

I drove to aberdeen, was going to grab some lunch, got out of the car, and did an inspection under the light.

The car looked absolutely deplorable, the swirls were ever more present, even more so since day 1 of the car, there was now a buffing scratch on my right bumper, a scratch that i could actually feel, the vertical scratches were still there, now there are horizontal scratches across the hood.

I called Kam, clearly disappointed, "KAM, the car, is STILL not complete, the car looks DISGUSTING, it looks WORSE then day 1"

His reply was as usual, I don't know, I don't know, I'll get back to you, I have a meeting to go to blahblahblah. The usual bullshit I've been fed for the past month.

He calls back "Hey, the car actually has transit coating, the stuff where the swirls are permanent and vertical scratches that don't come out, it occurs during transit, at this point, I've talked to Rob (i think) from Subaru Canada, he says theres nothing we can do, sorry man"

Sounded fishy, ok, I hang up, called up my detailer buddy to get a second opinion, he told me to bring it to an actual detailing shop.

Once I picked out one recommended by a local RS user, the gentlemen there actually said this wasn't the first time this month that a car from richmond subaru went to them, he fully stated their detailer is incompetent, their Vancouver Kia detailers are incompetent, the detailer at Richmond Subaru is full on incompetent. Thats what I finally wanted to hear, no bullshit, just truth.

He got his detailer to polish one side of the Hood, it looked absolutely phenomenal. It looked like that one part of the hood came straight out of the factory unmolested. Clearly, the swirls, scratches and scuffing were NOT from transit, but rather a very very very bad detailing job from their inside auto group.

I went back to Richmond Subaru with a vengeance, I wanted this fully paid out, I wanted my car to look like that one part of the hood, I don't care, I'm done being patient after being fed this inane amount of boiling bullshit.

I walked right in, I found Warren on the phone, as I approached him when he finished.

"Warren? I'm Brian (my name)"

"who are you..."

"The guy with the black STI coming back every weekend"

"Oh, you, I thought I would get to never see you again after cutting that cheque for the detailer"

"Well you cut a cheque to screw up my car more, now why dont you come out and look at the car"

Now, this showed me just how little he knew what was going on. He ran upstairs, bitched at some people, came down with a jacket to go out.

As we went out, I started getting mad because, well I've been there every weekend and almost one weekday a week.

"The paints all fucked up-"

Get interrupted by mark to tell me not to swear, "hey man, don't swear in front of the guy"

"oh ok, sure, sorry, any ways the paints screwed up, your detailer clearly did not do a good job, the right side of the hood was done by MY detailer, it looks PRISTINE, he did that in 5 minutes, I gave you an entire day to fix it, and yet you've screwed it up more"

At this point they inspect the car, its a gloomy rainy day, you can't see anything, I offer to drive the car under the light to show you the shitty condition of the paint.

Warren simply states "No need, what I'll do is, I'm going to give you my business card, you tell your guy whoever he is, to give me a quote on what it needs to be done to fix this car, if its $500 or $600, I'm not paying for it"

"Why not?"

"Because that repainting money, and I'm not paying for it"

At this point before I could say anything, one of the sales/tech/whoever comes out and says

"Listen here, in my 20 years of working, you will ALWAYS see swirls underneath the light, so don't come in here expecting free service because you're not statisfied with the job"

At this point, I snapped

"IF I PUT A FUCKING LIGHT UNDERNEATH ONE OF THESE BRAND NEW FUCKING CARS, YOU WON'T SEE AS MANY FUCKING SWIRL MARKS ON THAT ONE AS TO MY FUCKING CAR, DON'T GIVE ME THIS TRANSIT COATING BULLSHIT, IN YOUR 20 YEARS TIME, YOU'RE EXPECTING ME TO BELIEVE MY PAINT WILL ALWAYS BE FADED, THATS ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT AND YOU KNOW IT, THE ONLY PERSON TRYING TO HELP ME NOW IS YOUR GOD DAMN GM"

Warren basically says

"I'm not helpin you yet, If you keep yellin like that, I aint giving you anything, you can take my business card and thats that, good bye, don't expect anything, so you give that to your detailer guy whatever, and give me a quote, don't expect me to pay $500 or $600, it better be $200 to $300"

I calmed down because I'm sick, I have a sore throat, yelling does get me nowhere, so I say

"Ok sure, fine, I'll give him the quote, and you pay for it, I don't care if its $500"

He basically ignores me, walks back inside with Mark and that guy whoever he is. I was absolutely offended by the way I was being treated, I'm not sure how I offended Kam but I was being fed bullshit, and not receiving any type of actual help. I've contacted all CBC, Subaru Canada, informed all acquintances/friends/family to stay away and I will get this car fixed.

I want to thank you all for trying to help me, I want to thank shantz for recommending me to this fantastic detailer. I want to thank RabidRat for initiating the spreading of the message.

I will say it again, stay away from any affiliates of Olympic Motors, in the end, you'll be stuck in my situation and possibly having to deal with hardass' named Warren and Kam.

At least I'm giving you reading material eh?

UPDATE

At this point, I dont have the proper camera to show you the swirls & scratches, but the major ones are easy to take.

left side

right side, big difference eh

buffing scuff.

flash swirls

flash swirls

Like I said, I do not have the proper camera, this looks worse in person as your eyes can see all of it.

Last edited by belaud; 02-22-2012 at 10:13 AM.
belaud is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2012, 06:56 AM   #130
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Jesus fucking christ, that's terrible.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:19 AM   #131
Banned (ABWS)

Man, you sure have patience.

If it were me, I'm sure I'd be in jail by now.

+1 on the "peace" protest.
Over9K is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-22-2012, 08:48 AM   #132
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over9K View Post
Man, you sure have patience.

If it were me, I'm sure I'd be in jail by now.

+1 on the "peace" protest.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-22-2012, 11:20 AM   #133

More photos for awesome.

http://photobucket.com/Richmondsubaru

These are high res pictures with a point and shoot, one of the pictures show the detailers side, while one of them shows the opposite.

This is a brand new car, not a 3 year old car.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #134
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
There are lots of holograms too. The detailer at the dealership doesn't know what he's doing. Just took this from your album.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #135
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Those pictures are worth more than a thousand words, can't believe any self-respecting company would sell a brand new car in that condition...

Wow they are actually pretty active with their facebook and twitter account

Richmond Subaru - Car Dealership - Richmond, BC - Wall | Facebook

https://twitter.com/#!/RichmondSubaru
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:24 PM   #136
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
OP, before you get your car detailed by the shop, could you see if you have a friend that's better a photography, and take some better quality photos first?
This would come in handy, especially if you're contacting Subaru Canada and/or other media's.

Or maybe someone on RS can offer to help?
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #137
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Today's a great day to do that with the sun out.
Posted via RS Mobile
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:02 PM   #138
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
Wow they are actually pretty active with their facebook and twitter account

Richmond Subaru - Car Dealership - Richmond, BC - Wall | Facebook

https://twitter.com/#!/RichmondSubaru

Now you know why it takes them 20 min for them to walk over to greet you

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
LSF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #139

i actually posted in rs photography regardsing someone that can help me out. but no bites so far
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-22-2012, 02:24 PM   #140

Dear god. Ugh, it just makes me morbidly sick how they can turn a brand new car into that.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:28 PM   #141
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Swear to god I bet if you handed me the tools to detail a car and taught me step by step on how to do it, I could maybe do a better job even though I have never detailed a car. Plus I'll do it for a dinner

Imo I think it boils down to passion and how much care you're really putting into it. Obviously, they didn't care as long as the job is done.
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #142

Imagine if you're Subaru's detailer, having the car constantly come back. I think he probably gave up on doing a good job long ago. Disgusting work ethic.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #143
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belaud View Post
i actually posted in rs photography regardsing someone that can help me out. but no bites so far
Posted via RS Mobile
Are you in Burnaby or Richmond today? I'm no expert...but I guess I can help you out and see if you can get a few better shots.

If not, you can try contacting Kaleena?
http://www.revscene.net/forums/66335...-your-car.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleenamarie View Post
i'm not professional by any means, but i have a good eye, and i know exactly what i'm doing.
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #144
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
LOL that looks worse then some 2nd hand car u will find on RS @@
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #145
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
BJ autohaus sell nicer 2nd hand cars than this, with proper detailing.

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #146
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I sent my car there to get an ecu reflash done. I sent it there through my uncles shop and after they looked at the modifications on my car they deemed that it would be unsafe to reflash the ecu. When I went to pick the car up they gave me a bill for 275 dollars saying it was more than 2 hours labour. All wry owners know it take about 4 seconds to see how to see modifications and also that it doesn't take 2 hours to pull my ecu. After much arguing and stating that my uncles shop is a reputable shop that does some business with this dealer they looked deeper and said they messed up and wrote that they actually did the reflash when they really didn't. They reprinted the bill for 38 bucks. Thanks for the "small" error. They are scammers. I talk to a guy who works at docksteader when I need work done on my car. Mind you he's a mechanic not a detailed. In would recommend him to anyone who needs work done to their engine or drivetrains.
92 Ford Festiva aka the FASTiva (Big GoKart)
08 GSX-R 600 (Sold)
90 Acura Integra Beater (Sold)
97 Jeep Tj Sahara (Sold)
93 Si Hatch Turbo'd IC'd 11 psi (Sold)
1992 Jeep Cherokee LTD (RIP)
1990 MitsubishEagle Talon Tsi (Sold)
brute_4s is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #147
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brute_4s View Post
I sent my car there to get an ecu reflash done. I sent it there through my uncles shop and after they looked at the modifications on my car they deemed that it would be unsafe to reflash the ecu. When I went to pick the car up they gave me a bill for 275 dollars saying it was more than 2 hours labour. All wry owners know it take about 4 seconds to see how to see modifications and also that it doesn't take 2 hours to pull my ecu. After much arguing and stating that my uncles shop is a reputable shop that does some business with this dealer they looked deeper and said they messed up and wrote that they actually did the reflash when they really didn't. They reprinted the bill for 38 bucks. Thanks for the "small" error. They are scammers. I talk to a guy who works at docksteader when I need work done on my car. Mind you he's a mechanic not a detailed. In would recommend him to anyone who needs work done to their engine or drivetrains.
Scam service! Typical of all the dealerships!
Old 02-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #148
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Had my go at tryin to photograph today

Im no pro but kinda gets you the idea

Last edited by LP700-4; 02-22-2012 at 09:54 PM.
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #149
NSX
NA1

man^ sorry to hear about this man...absolutely horrible.
NSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #150
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Those pictures shows it a little better and its horrible.
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote