REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #51
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
from a business point of view... MM design is actually making boat loads of money from these people..

i mean look at how many customers have gotten spotted over this year or so....

bet the guy doing the wrap and starting the whole thing is like making money. who gives a flying fuck about customer taste. cant really criticize customers when you want steady business coming in. just do good work and not question their taste.
Advertisement

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #52
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
Which member was it that wrote that garbage?

If this person has a problem with the people who live here,he is more than welcome to leave,nobody is forcing him to stay.
It was the OP of this thread: "niu99"
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #53
Welcome to Planet Power ///M

Thanked 2,979 Times in 527 Posts
lol he jelly
CharlieH is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #54
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
lol he jelly
+1
FS1992EG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #55
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Of all the problems we have to deal with, we are actually focusing on other people being proud and vibrant of their homeland/nationality, culture/religion?

Like honestly, people putting stickers on their cars to say they're from China is such a bad thing for Canada? If anything, it helps show how diverse the people from Canada are. Canada isn't about ASSIMILATION, it's about DIVERSITY. People from all walks of life, all parts of the world, can live in Canada without having to give up their roots. That's the beauty of being in Canada. If these people want to be proud of where they CAME from, by all means, let them. Let them show it off...Because really, it has ZERO affect on us.

What they're doing isn't hate speech, it isn't racism or discrimination, and they're not being prejudice. They're simply showing WHO they are. Why do we even bother discussing something like that?

This is Canada, there is no his country, her country, OUR country. When you look at it legitimately, this land belongs to people who are barely acknowledged. First nations people are the ones who had this land before Europeans settled. Now we call it Canada, a place where I'm proud to be from and feel comfortable because of the mix of people here.

I just find it ridiculous that we keep finding these threads devoted to Chinese people who live here and aren't saying a thing to anyone else (maybe because they don't know English) yet we are trying to force them to be something that WE define as Canadian. Canada is simply diverse and multicultural, there is nothing else that defines Canada. Multiculturalism enables people to be defined and addressed by the various groups they belong to. We can't say we're multicultural and at the same time say we have to have a CANADIAN identity amongst all citizens. Then we're not multicultural. Multicultural means that we cannot have any central (in this case "Canadian") values.

Talking about how ugly these cars are, what lack of taste their owners have and how you would've designed it differently is one thing. But to sit here and say that the owners of these vehicles aren't living the way of Canadian life is ignorance in my opinion. We ask the members of our country to be multicultural, not to assimilate. If we now want assimilation, then we might as well be considered the same as Quebec.

Last edited by parm104; 03-04-2012 at 02:26 PM. Reason: grammar
parm104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #56
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarv View Post
I have nothing against the flag being on the car, but a black r8 with red roof, and the other audi w/gloss black roof and matte
black trunk whomever came up with those designs has poor taste.
Two tone scheme comes from ABT a German company.
Posted via RS Mobile
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #57
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopyiii View Post
example: I work as a cashier and this one time, this china women comes to cashier to pay and she spoke mandarin to me but i told her: I dont speak mandarin. Then, she just laughs out loudly in front me and said: "he doesnt know mandarin in mandarin" to her friend. (i understand mando but i cant speak it)

/rant
lol, if I were them I will laugh at you too...seriously, you are Chinese and you cannot speak Mandarin? what does being in Canada has anything to do with this?

so you don't find it weird that a blue eyed, blond American born in China not being able to speak English?
sundance1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #58
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,810 Times in 8,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundance1911 View Post
lol, if I were them I will laugh at you too...seriously, you are Chinese and you cannot speak Mandarin? what does being in Canada has anything to do with this?

so you don't find it weird that a blue eyed, blond American born in China not being able to speak English?
You're the worst one to post here of all.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #59
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Quote:

I speak cantonese.
problem?
Old 03-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #60

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
Quote:

retard
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #61
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:

I find it odd that people live in Canada for decades, don't speak English and expect everyone in Richmond to be able to communicate with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
You can't see it now because he edited his post...He basically went on a rant how he hates these chinese people for being patriotic and stating that "if they like their communist china so much, why don't they gtfo of Canada and go back to China."...or something along those lines...immediately after that, he went to the "rising cost of living, what do you to do deal with it" thread and went "why don't u ask those rich chinese kids in Richmond, they seem to be dealing quite well," in a mad way....10 minutes later, he edited both posts, deleting his rant on this one and exchanging his entire post for a period in the other one.
That explains my confusion.

@Skinny - all makes sense now, I retract my confusion in the prior post.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #62
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:

You should be thrown into south central LA and wear a shirt that says "if your black and cant speak african your a joke" and see how long you will last.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #63
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,817 Times in 3,901 Posts
Quote:

no i speak terrorist
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #64
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,817 Times in 3,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
If anything, it helps show how diverse the people from Canada are. Canada isn't about ASSIMILATION, it's about DIVERSITY. People from all walks of life, all parts of the world, can live in Canada without having to give up their roots. That's the beauty of being in Canada. If these people want to be proud of where they CAME from, by all means, let them. Let them show it off...Because really, it has ZERO affect on us.
you can have diversity AND assimilation...no one is asking you to drop your roots. If you want to live in a cultural bubble within vancouver, fine. But don't expect anyone to cater to you when you only have the bare minimal English communication skills.

This post reminds me of a little article i read few months ago when locals wanted to bid for Vancouver to designate a Pinoy Town...much like Punjabi District, Chinatown, Little Italy.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #65

Quote:

如果他是一個美國人爲什麽他在中國出生?溫哥華有很多廣東人, 其實你應該學廣東話。對不起你是不是一個大六人嗎?你讀不讀到繁體阿?
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!

Last edited by hongy; 03-04-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #66
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
i see cars with bumper sticker of flags all the time...
Which is fine. But if I put a huge ass Brazilian flag on my car, and painted it blue yellow and green, it would look hideous, right?

The car is hideous. Money can't buy taste. What else is new?

The OP is clearly hating on Chinese kids with too much money.

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #67

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
revscene is full of haters nowadays... pathetic really :/
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #68
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
Somebody edit the title.
Posted via RS Mobile
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #69
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hongy View Post
如果他是一個美國人爲什麽他在中國出生?溫哥華有很多廣東人, 其實你應該學廣東話。對不起你是一個大六人嗎?你看到繁體嗎?
If this is a Google or Babelfish Translation, it is incorrect in so many ways.

大六 =/= China

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
If this is a Google or Babelfish Translation, it is incorrect in so many ways.

大六 =/= China
Nah that was me avoiding econ. Big 6 sounds better anyways
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
Old 03-04-2012, 10:22 PM   #71
RS Veteran

Okay, I'll give you that.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 03-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #72

Bcrdukes are you chinese?? If you are...for some reason I always assumed you were a huge white guy with a beard...
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #73

Welcome to Vancouver. Live with it and get used to it already.

/thread
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #74
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongy View Post
Bcrdukes are you chinese?? If you are...for some reason I always assumed you were a huge white guy with a beard...
LOL!

Old 03-04-2012, 10:43 PM   #75
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Yeah. You described him perfectly.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote