REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #101
The sound of inevitability
 
The7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,414
Thanked 593 Times in 210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
It is you

And it is a lot of other people

Go look it up, re-read your comments. People build straw man arguments all the time on the internet. Usually because they can't debate properly without it. Like when you try to win an argument that is impossible to win, such as trying to relate rap music to criminal behaviour.


Now putting words into my mouth.

Rap had nothing to do with him being a criminal nor are the two related. He did glorify it though and that's my point.

You still lose.
Advertisement
__________________

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa


mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #102
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
dangonay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,798
Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
You are all pissed off at people who failed you for your sarcastic remark about MJ. Thing is, you said it is "sarcasm" and people don't "get it". We DO get it, you're the one who doesn't.

Because sarcasm is supposed to mock conventional wisdom, or a commonly accepted concept. So TO YOU, the concept that MJ is a pedophile is conventional wisdom, and the truth. That is what your sarcasm is based upon. That is what people called you out for. You think people called you out for sarcastically saying you like listening to a pedophile, but that's not what they are pissed about. Well, the smart ones anyway...

This thread
I'm pissed off? Really? How many times in this thread have I gone around calling people dumb fucks or useless cunts? Seems to me you and several others are the ones who are truly pissed about something.

As to my MJ comment, "conventional wisdom" is that he's a pedohile. He was found innocent, but it's an unfortunate truth that many people still think of MJ as a pedophile that got off instead of an innocent man. They remember the countless news stories and rumors that plastered headlines for months and forget the actual outcome of the case (just like the media did).

Of course, MJ is "odd" or "eccentric". That coupled with the fact he's loaded makes him an ideal target for a trumped up case where people hope to cash in on an accusation and expect MJ (or other celebrity) to settle instead of fight. MJ's odd behavior makes it all the easier for people to continue to believe he's a pedophile.

Regardless, that's not the issue. The issue is the effect it had on him and his career, which tanked when the accusations hit the news. When he was found innocent he (and his career) never really recovered.

Mel Gibson and Michael Richards are two other examples of people whose careers took a severe hit for making racist or anti-semetic comments.

Now compare this to rap artists. They can be linked to drugs, gangs, murders & shootings and what does it do for their career? It takes off, they make more money, sell more albums and get an even bigger following.

It's a sad reflection of our society when a rapper can be linked to the most vile groups of people and it benefits them while someone like MJ is accused of something terrible, is found innocent, but still suffers a horrible loss in terms of what it did to his career. This goes back to my comment in this thread (and in other gang related threads on RS) that gang members are "glorified" and "respected" by a lot of people when they are, in actual fact, the worst filth humanity has to offer.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #103
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Surrey
Posts: 1,304
Thanked 343 Times in 132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post


Now putting words into my mouth.

Rap had nothing to do with him being a criminal nor are the two related. He did glorify it though and that's my point.

You still lose.
Don't blame biggie you ignorant fuck, he's just telling his lifes story. Instead blame the white record executive who signed biggie to his label and saw nothing but dollar signs as he was signing the contract.

That being said, I am very thankful for the existance of biggies music.
" I live for da funk, I die for da funk. Machine gun fuuunk baby."
Posted via RS Mobile
Teh Doucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #104
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
dangonay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,798
Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
No, you tried to make a straw man argument, and were correctly called out for it.
Calling someone out for a straw man argument while yourself using ad hominem. Priceless.

Oh, and I see you, too slow and Manic! have completely ignored the fact I called you out on an attempt to bring a completely unrelated issue (Apple) into a discussion not involving Apple. I guess we can all expect you to keep silent on that one.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #105
I don't get it
 
hotshot1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 424
Thanked 279 Times in 83 Posts
You have to be a giant douche-bag to click on a thread that does not interest you and bash people's opinions.

Biggie made awesome music. Are we not allow to enjoy any type of music?

If you don't like Biggie, don't click on the thread. No more spreading shitty energy. Problem solved.
hotshot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #106
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
bballguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Posts: 3,047
Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #107
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!
 
Ludepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,678
Thanked 863 Times in 286 Posts
This thread is ruined by a raging keyboard warrior who has a hard on for biggie smalls and drug dealers.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #108
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 45,934
Thanked 20,493 Times in 6,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
Calling someone out for a straw man argument while yourself using ad hominem. Priceless.

Oh, and I see you, too slow and Manic! have completely ignored the fact I called you out on an attempt to bring a completely unrelated issue (Apple) into a discussion not involving Apple. I guess we can all expect you to keep silent on that one.
Nobody "brought up" Apple except you. All I said was that until this thread, I didn't think you were an idiot, just a clueless apple fanboy who makes dumb apple comments like 10 million other people. I didn't think anything of it, and I had no opinion of you at all. That was until I saw your posts here...
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #109
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Surrey
Posts: 1,304
Thanked 343 Times in 132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludepower View Post
This thread is ruined by a raging keyboard warrior who has a hard on for biggie smalls and drug dealers.
He sounds like a good little christian boy to me.
Posted via RS Mobile
Teh Doucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #110
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Van
Posts: 4,188
Thanked 871 Times in 226 Posts
Seriously just stop. Nigguh died RIP. Enjoy his music and quit yappin.

JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #111
The sound of inevitability
 
The7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,414
Thanked 593 Times in 210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Doucher View Post
Don't blame biggie you ignorant fuck, he's just telling his lifes story. Instead blame the white record executive who signed biggie to his label and saw nothing but dollar signs as he was signing the contract.

That being said, I am very thankful for the existance of biggies music.
" I live for da funk, I die for da funk. Machine gun fuuunk baby."
Posted via RS Mobile
I wonder if you'd honestly die for anything. You have no idea what that even means, sit down please.
__________________

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa


mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #112
60420
 
Vansterdam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Above&Beyond
Posts: 22,934
Thanked 9,333 Times in 2,158 Posts
in b4 fightclub
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #113
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
bballguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Posts: 3,047
Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
LMFAO!! He failed me for posting a song!! Haahahahaha!
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-15-2012, 12:34 AM   #114
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Surrey
Posts: 1,304
Thanked 343 Times in 132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
I wonder if you'd honestly die for anything. You have no idea what that even means, sit down please.
Well you seem to know a lot don't you. In all honesty, share some more of your wisdom with us oh wise one.
Teh Doucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #115
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: richmond
Posts: 2,838
Thanked 1,490 Times in 570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post


Now putting words into my mouth.

Rap had nothing to do with him being a criminal nor are the two related. He did glorify it though and that's my point.

You still lose.
And your so humble you never use past experience or achievments to glorify your position in life?
Youre such a turd burglar.
__________________
Rise Auto Salon

11938 95a Ave Delta
I can be reached VIA text @ 778-232-1465

Oil change special $70 5 liters synthetic oil including OEM filter Fender rolling from $45 per fender
Car Audio:
Focal, Morel, Genesis, Clarion, Scosche, Escort, Compustar, GReddy, Blitz, Tomei, Motul, Endless, Defi, Cusco, Nismo + More


We specialize in:
Custom Car Audio
Race/4x4 Fabrication
Forced Induction
Engine Swaps
General Maintenance
Phil@rise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #116
So I had to give him the three piece with the soda
 
GLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,263
Thanked 5,038 Times in 2,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
in b4 fightclub
i'm surprised this didn't wind up in FC a couple of pages ago
__________________
Feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=611711

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #117
The sound of inevitability
 
The7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,414
Thanked 593 Times in 210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
i'm surprised this didn't wind up in FC a couple of pages ago
If it does then that would say something about RS... that it sucks balls.
If a thread goes to FB because people are having a discussion then..that's a bad forum.

Luckily, just because someone doesn't like a fat gang banger, that doesn't mean the thread needs to go to FB, it means people have a different opinion.
__________________

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa


mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:03 PM   #118
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
bballguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Posts: 3,047
Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
If it does then that would say something about RS... that it sucks balls.
If a thread goes to FB because people are having a discussion then..that's a bad forum.

Luckily, just because someone doesn't like a fat gang banger, that doesn't mean the thread needs to go to FB, it means people have a different opinion.
Yeah, no need to take this thread to facebook guise.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #119
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ☑
Posts: 529
Thanked 279 Times in 74 Posts
Not the way you say it.
Firmware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #120
The sound of inevitability
 
The7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,414
Thanked 593 Times in 210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Doucher View Post
Well you seem to know a lot don't you. In all honesty, share some more of your wisdom with us oh wise one.
Okay. Let's compare.

I: Live in chicago, see the faggotry that is the life style that biggie glorified and you bob your head to.

You: Think it's all good and fine and just innocent and don't know any better.

I live here amongst this shit, right in the fucking center of it and it's total shit. You are safe in Canada. Sit down, thanks.

I'd love to see what your opinion would be when you have to pull your kid out of school because some fat faggot thought it was thug-life funny and "just survival, doing what he has to do" when they beat your kid an inch away from death for being "white boi" or "punk bitch" or "some nigga".

Sit. Down.
__________________

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa


mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-15-2012, 10:14 PM   #121
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 45,934
Thanked 20,493 Times in 6,506 Posts
And that is because of RAP MUSIC
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #122
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
bballguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Posts: 3,047
Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
They say music can alter moods and talk to you.
Well can it load a gun up for you and cock it too?
.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:40 AM   #123
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Surrey
Posts: 1,304
Thanked 343 Times in 132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
I'd love to see what your opinion would be when you have to pull your kid out of school because some fat faggot thought it was thug-life funny and "just survival, doing what he has to do" when they beat your kid an inch away from death for being "white boi" or "punk bitch" or "some nigga".

Sit. Down.
if this happened to your kid, then IMO, its your own fucking fault. make more money and move the fuck up out of the ghetto.

if this is hypothetical, you're just another idiot bible thumper.. there isnt a thing that can save you now.

and oh, 5 years back i was that kid. 2 long days in the hospital and 1 month recuperation at home. doctor told me i was lucky that i didnt end up with serious brain damage.

can i sit down yet?
Teh Doucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:48 AM   #124
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,032
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
maybe, just maybe this thread can be saved with a clear explanation of who really shot and killed Biggie and even Tupac...
this guy was a lead detective on Biggie's case, and rage quit after they suspended the investigation when he basically solved it

Interview: Former L.A.P.D. Detective Says He Knows Who Killed The Notorious B.I.G. | Complex

I know it's hard to believe because it hasn't been picked up by main stream media, it's just one of those things only people with inside knowledge will know about, and with this guy publishing this for once we the public get inside knowledge of what THEY really know...

it's a long 5 page read, but it's a breath of fresh fucking air after reading soooo many conspiracy theories all these motherfuckin years, really REALLY frustrating just seeing so much bullshit being theorized, it's real nice to finally get some closure
__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:28 PM   #125
RS controls my life!
 
xeryusx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 787
Thanked 433 Times in 109 Posts
Enlighten me. According to Kading, this Anderson fella killed Pac while he was in the car with Suge? Why? Was he aiming for Suge but missed completely? Why would Suge retaliate at Biggie?

I always knew Suge had something to do with it..
Posted via RS Mobile
xeryusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net