REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #126
I am Hook'd on RS
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: montreal
Posts: 61
Thanked 17 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
Funny how we condemn people that sell crack to kids, steal, lie, extort, bully... hustle, make money off of other's suffering but if it's a "rapper" or some sort of faggot that can string together sounds and some words, everyone is sucking his dick.

Fuck Biggie and Tupac. And yeah, fuck you too if you disagree.

Want to remember or praise someone? Do fucking Einstein, Darwin, Tesla, any fucking body that is going to make you a better person and or push humanity forward. Stop celebrating shit, you fucking shits.

I hope he rots in hell. Fat fuck.

"But no it's okay because he made kewl beetz I could bob my head to dude. Your just a hater lawl. Y U HATE SO MUCH LAWL MEME MEME MEME U MAD MEME"

The above is what I expect as a rebuttal so save your self the trouble, I typed it out for you.
Seriously, listen to a Tupac album fully and then judge him. If you haven't don't talk shit.
Advertisement
boogabooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #127
In RS I Trust
 
murd0c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mission
Posts: 20,261
Thanked 17,324 Times in 4,143 Posts
you guys crack me up. I don't have to justify anything to anyone. I have been listen to rap/hip-hop since I bought my first Public Enemy tape in 1989 it takes a nation of millions to hold us back. We all know what Pac and Biggie did to the airwaves and how the revolutionized music to the way we know it today so whats the point of arguing about it. Yes they both were not the best people in the world but both of them have done more good then any of us ever could and I give them credit for that.
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #128
The sound of inevitability
 
The7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,414
Thanked 593 Times in 210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
And that is because of RAP MUSIC
Are you seriously...
Honest question, do you have issues reading my posts without jumping to your own conclusions. Because that is exactly what you're doing.

I said it before, music has nothing to do with it.
It's what you say in your music that counts though. He wasn't what I say he was because of music. He proved it when he was alive. He just rapped and made music ABOUT the shit he did.

He wasn't a faggot gangbanger piece of shit scum low life because of music. He just made music about that...which is still stupid if you're the one remembering him and going "RIP" because you think you could relate to what he was saying or because you like HOW he said it. . None of you can.


If I go "Hey SkinnyPupp I'll fuck your mom" and throw a beat behind it and enough retards on RS like it, is it going to be okay?

"Strawman"

Yeah, I'm expecting that. But ask your self that question.

Music didn't make me insult your mom, it was me, my fucking self.. just in the form of music and it wouldn't make it fucking okay to do so.
But with the "Yeah his music did that" defense, I could claim the same defensive argument. "Why are you offended, my music never did anything to you, just enjoy me rapping about fucking your mom".

Give me a break.

EDIT:I just re-read your quote.. My fucking God , you people are so worried about having things taken away from you that you blindly defend anything that slightly criticizes anything.

You think this is some kind of attack on rap music? You're dead wrong.
But this isn't rap about struggle, it's about the story of a low life doing shady shit. And even if he wasn't rapping about it, he'd still be a shit, unworthy of a "R.I.P".
__________________

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa


mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4

Last edited by The7even; 03-16-2012 at 09:42 PM.
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:48 PM   #129
The sound of inevitability
 
The7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,414
Thanked 593 Times in 210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogabooga View Post
Seriously, listen to a Tupac album fully and then judge him. If you haven't don't talk shit.
Heard his shit. It's all I could hear where I used to live.

Please, do spend some time here, then let me know exactly how awesome it is. Because here, people don't just listen to it and then go to starbucks. They shoot, wage stupid turf wars, throw gang signs at you and rob you blind for looking slightly different. It's not the same. But okay, I suppose you heard his album, you're hardcore.
__________________

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa


mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:21 PM   #130
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
bballguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Posts: 3,047
Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogabooga View Post
Seriously, listen to a Tupac album fully and then judge him. If you haven't don't talk shit.
ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME



inb4 failz from 7seven
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:59 AM   #131
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 14,929
Thanked 6,592 Times in 3,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
Heard his shit. It's all I could hear where I used to live.

Please, do spend some time here, then let me know exactly how awesome it is. Because here, people don't just listen to it and then go to starbucks. They shoot, wage stupid turf wars, throw gang signs at you and rob you blind for looking slightly different. It's not the same. But okay, I suppose you heard his album, you're hardcore.
Bame it on rap not the 2 former governors of your state that are in jail?
__________________
Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:55 AM   #132
My homepage has been set to RS
 
goo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Van
Posts: 2,050
Thanked 192 Times in 118 Posts
Ghettos: The Changing Consequences of Ethnic Isolation- Boston Fed

Quote:
The decline in racial segregation from its peak in the 1960s might stem from the end of the legal barriers needed to keep areas all white. Thirty years ago, ghettos existed primarily because legal restrictions made it impossible for blacks to leave. The barriers today are more subtle, and economic. David Cutler, Jacob Vigdor, and I, examining the price of otherwise similar housing, find that ghettos now exist primarily because whites will pay more to live in areas with few, if any, blacks. Middle-class blacks can buy their way out of the ghetto, but those at the bottom of the income ladder are unable to leave. The black segregation index declined primarily because areas that used to be all white now have a small number of blacks. The African-American ghettos have not become any less black. They just house a smaller share of the nation's urban black population.

IMMOBILITY

Economic conditions in African-American ghettos have deteriorated quite sharply over the past three and a half decades. The inner city, which once might have looked like a promised land, doesn't much resemble one today. This is partly a statistical phenomenon. The ability of more affluent blacks to leave has lowered the average income of those who remain. The poverty of inner-city blacks also reflects the declining economic position of Americans of all races at the bottom of the income ladder. But a growing body of research shows that the segregation of American blacks in inner-city ghettos further damages their economic chances.
...
The empirical evidence clearly indicates that ghettos hurt blacks a great deal. Ghetto walls separate residents from mainstream society, from mainstream jobs, and from contact with successful whites and blacks. The suffering is real, as is the resulting crime, disorder, and social distress. The magnitude of these problems, moreover, is sufficiently large to merit significant government intervention.
tldr:

Quote:
Ghettos are formed in three ways:

- As ports of entry where minorities, and especially immigrant minorities, voluntarily choose to live with their own kind.
- When the majority uses compulsion -- typically violence, hostility, or legal barriers -- to force minorities into particular areas.
- When the majority is willing and able to pay more than the minority to live with its own kind

All three causes are typically present in the formation of any particular ghetto. But compulsion played an unusually large role in forming the African-American ghettos. We would expect these ghettos to be much more harmful than immigrant ghettos, where immigrants clustered more voluntarily.
Here's a good song:

goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:29 AM   #133
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
G-spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,032
Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Some of you guys are definitely hating on what's simply a side of 2Pac, and not who he actually was as a whole person. Most people are only familiar with the "thug" version of 2Pac, because that's the famous one, so what frustrates me is when people get off judging him callin him out based only on that.

What you fail to understand is the thugged out death row Pac wasn't even himself... when he came out of jail and joined death row went all thug mode, this was a man on a warpath basically venting out his frustrations at the world.... his own friends and family have all said this about him numerous times, that Suge brought out the worst in him and they literally felt like they didn't know who he was at that point of his life.

If you want to judge him properly, then do so without looking strictly at the darkest chapter in his life which was Death Row, you're basically judging a man who is at the worst time in his life...
Take a look at who he was BEFORE death row, because that's the person he actually was, educate yourself before you start talking shit because you simply saw him in a rap video poppin caps and smackin ho's....
I personally hated who he turned into when he went to Death Row, but I understood it, if people tried to kill me I would be enraged wanting revenge as well, but I wouldn't let it be my path to the grave either.

But before I'm outta here let me give you an example of the type of guy he really was, just a small example but small things always tell you the most about who a person really is....
On the movie set of Poetic Justice one of the crew members little daughters was on the set that day, and at some point she went over to say hi and ask Janet Jacksons for her autograph but was told to go away... Tupac saw this little girl walk away crying very distraught as only a little girl could, so he took it upon himself alone to make her day, he took the rest of the day off set, and took the little girl on a day long shopping spree at a local mall to cheer her up
__________________
(oO:::\___/:::Oo) (DPE-wheels) // Satin Cocaine White
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-17-2012, 05:41 AM   #134
The sound of inevitability
 
The7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,414
Thanked 593 Times in 210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Bame it on rap not the 2 former governors of your state that are in jail?
Again, the same story.

You are literally scared that someone is attacking your right to listen to rap music.

Point out where I said Rap should be banned. Or Rap causes crime, or rap is responsible for X,Y,Z.

You can't, because I didn't. Stop basing your arguments off of some irrational fear.

I attacked biggie, his music is shit but I didn't attack the genre he's in.
__________________

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa


mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #135
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
bballguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Posts: 3,047
Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
Again, the same story.

You are literally scared that someone is attacking your right to listen to rap music.

Point out where I said Rap should be banned. Or Rap causes crime, or rap is responsible for X,Y,Z.

You can't, because I didn't. Stop basing your arguments off of some irrational fear.

I attacked biggie, his music is shit but I didn't attack the genre he's in.
Hey meester, y u no fail me yet!?
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #136
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 14,929
Thanked 6,592 Times in 3,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
Again, the same story.

You are literally scared that someone is attacking your right to listen to rap music.

Point out where I said Rap should be banned. Or Rap causes crime, or rap is responsible for X,Y,Z.

You can't, because I didn't. Stop basing your arguments off of some irrational fear.

I attacked biggie, his music is shit but I didn't attack the genre he's in.
So what rap artists do you like?
__________________
Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:41 PM   #137
The sound of inevitability
 
The7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,414
Thanked 593 Times in 210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
So what rap artists do you like?
Vanilla Ice



No but really, any rapper that has something to say, like.. soulja boy, lil wayne..




Alright I kid, I kid..
I like Common, as a rapper and person. Lupe Fiasco and some others.
__________________

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa


mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #138
The sound of inevitability
 
The7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,414
Thanked 593 Times in 210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Hey meester, y u no fail me yet!?
You are the cancer killing the internet, you meme spouting talentless hack.
__________________

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa


mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:27 AM   #139
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
bballguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Home
Posts: 3,047
Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
You are the cancer killing the internet, you meme spouting talentless hack.



...Funny, everyone in this thread seems to share those same feelings towards YOU...
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #140
7.5lbs overweight: that's not bad
 
GLOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,216
Thanked 5,455 Times in 2,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
...Funny, everyone in this thread seems to share those same feelings towards YOU...
__________________
Feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=611711

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net