REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:00 AM   #126
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjew View Post
i cant imagine all those people in the past hiding that all their lives out of fear.
There are many cases when people who were born "female" or "male" marry their opposite sex just to fit into society and are forced to live like that for all their lives without their spouses knowing the truth.

It's terrible. In fact, terrible is an understatement.

I have so much respect for the people who have the self dignity and bravity to come out and face society
Advertisement
her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...

Last edited by cliffhanger33; 03-27-2012 at 02:06 AM.
cliffhanger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:00 AM   #127
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Okay, so you have stated that "she" mentally identified "herself" as a female at birth...So when "she" came out of "her" mother's womb, "she" identified "herself" as a female? Is that what you are telling me?...
..........another example of nature's cruel jokes.

If one of my children were born gay or in a similar situation as this girl, I would cry. Not because I wouldn't be able to love/understand my child, but because of how insensitive and cruel people can be. We're in the 21st century. You'd figure people could be a little more understanding.

I'm glad, however, people like Mindbomber and, dare I say, SkinnyPupp, are trying to educate others to become more tolerant and accepting.

BTW, I know being gay and being trans gender are two different things. I mention the two together because in both cases, people tend to just freak out. I guess it's human nature to react and not bother to do some research to try and understand these things. When I was young, I made fun of all kinds of people. Took a while to finally get it.

Anyway, the incident at the Miss Universe Canada Pageant is unfortunate, but as others have said, rules are rules. Doesn't make it right, though.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:12 AM   #128
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
I think what a lot of people here are misunderstanding is, they think we are trying to force them to think along our lines. That isn't the case. The point of this thread isn't to show outrage, and that the Miss Universe HAS to accept transgendered women. It is their competition, they can accept whoever they want. If they want to make it a white-only competition, they can go ahead.

And that is more to the point. Today, such a thing sounds absurd - a white only beauty pageant would be completely unacceptable. But 50 years ago, there was such segregation.

Hell, compare the attitiude towards gay and lesbian now, to just 20 years ago. Those of us old enough can absolutely see a difference.

And that is kind of the point of the thread. Back then it was race or homosexuality that was getting people up in arms. Today it is transgenderism. 20 years from now, it will hopefully seem like a non issue as well.

And we can keep going and going, as the 'older way of thinking' gets weeded out of society. I am hopeful for our future when it comes to this sort of thing. There are still some stragglers - there always will be. But I think overall things are changing for the better.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-27-2012, 07:10 AM   #129
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
But I think overall things are changing for the better.

Right on!
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #130
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
This is no different than a white girl trying to enter the Miss Asia Vancouver pageant.

Where are all the cries of racism for the Miss Asia Vancouver pageant? There isn't, because everyone accepts the fact that this particular pageant is for Asians.

Just like in this case, it's not a case of sexism or whatever that they decide to only allow naturally born females to compete, it's just the rules.

In the case of a white girl seeing the Miss Asia Vancouver pageant and wanting to compete, it should be clear to her that she is not allowed and must find an alternative like a Miss Caucasian Vancouver pageant to compete in. What if it doesn't exist? Well, that's too bad then.

Similarly, in this case, she would need a Miss Transgender Vancouver pageant... but unfortunately for her, it doesn't exist.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #131
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
BTW for those wondering, there is an international beauty pageant for transexuals:

Miss International Queen

This year's winner:

Also a plug 09 Gorgeous Fashion Models (Who Were Born Male) - List09
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #132
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 2,532 Times in 446 Posts
^ my head is full of fuck right now...

srsly?!

a tranny!??!?!?!?!?!!?!!??!!!!?!??!

Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #133
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
The asian ones don't count, they're too good. Bahaha
Old 03-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #134
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I think what a lot of people here are misunderstanding is, they think we are trying to force them to think along our lines. That isn't the case. The point of this thread isn't to show outrage, and that the Miss Universe HAS to accept transgendered women. It is their competition, they can accept whoever they want. If they want to make it a white-only competition, they can go ahead.

And that is more to the point. Today, such a thing sounds absurd - a white only beauty pageant would be completely unacceptable. But 50 years ago, there was such segregation.

Hell, compare the attitiude towards gay and lesbian now, to just 20 years ago. Those of us old enough can absolutely see a difference.

And that is kind of the point of the thread. Back then it was race or homosexuality that was getting people up in arms. Today it is transgenderism. 20 years from now, it will hopefully seem like a non issue as well.

And we can keep going and going, as the 'older way of thinking' gets weeded out of society. I am hopeful for our future when it comes to this sort of thing. There are still some stragglers - there always will be. But I think overall things are changing for the better.

rofl are you trying to equate a beauty contest for women not allowing men into the contest with racial segregation......

maybe If you compared it with the chinese pageants/contests that only allow women of chinese descent to compete (like our local ones that go on to compete in Miss HK and the Sunshine contests) why don't we have an uproar over these contests not allowing non-chinese into them?

that comparison would make sense if govts or networks would get in the way of a Transgendered beauty contest from taking place/airing here in NA

in Thailand they have 2 (maybe they're the same i don't know), Miss Tiffany and Miss Queen for transgendered women.... im assuming they don't allow people who were born females into this contest? shouldnt there be an uproar over that

again it seems like people are mashing 2 completely separate issues and feeling its an affront to their own views of acceptance

Last edited by StylinRed; 03-27-2012 at 11:25 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #135
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 2,532 Times in 446 Posts
i dunno if this is a good example..

Several years back, the 1994? or 1995 Celica GT4 was disqualified after winning the GT or rally race because of certain modifications done to the car...
The rules were set, and no one could complain.

same goes for this situation.

vague example, but rules are rules.
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #136
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Campaign to reinstate Miss Universe Canada finalist Jenna Talackova underway online

Because everyone knows online petitions make the world go round.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #137
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
MG1 would prob hit it...
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #138
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,560 Times in 1,710 Posts
I remember dancing with this girl at a rave @ PNE. Found out way later on she was a she-man, meh fuck it. You only live once.
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #139
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
how did you find out the wang out?
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #140
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,560 Times in 1,710 Posts
I found out through one of those shit talker sites, maybe thedirty, was a few years ago? There was a pic of her and some chicks beating up some other broad, and it talked about how she was transgender. I was like "Damn that's the same asian chick?!"

Still, not a single fuck was given that day, even if I did dance with a ladyboy
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #141
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
I remember dancing with this girl at a rave @ PNE. Found out way later on she was a she-man, meh fuck it. You only live once.
#yolo
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:57 PM   #142
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Now she want a photo, you already know doe, you only live once, that's the motto nikkah YOLO.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2012, 10:32 PM   #143
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts

the one in the middle is a model and a trannie.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #144
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
mikemhg

but sorta remind me of me of this
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #145
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,036 Times in 276 Posts
"I'll try anything once"
kunoman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:51 PM   #146
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
@1:50
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:37 AM   #147
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
these trannies are more woman then most of the girls i know
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2012, 12:47 AM   #148
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Serious questions:

Would you fap to a tranny?
Would you date a tranny?
Would you sleep with a tranny?
Would you marry a tranny?

I understand and appreciate the level of acceptance for gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transgender, etc. We are all human afterall. However, I can't see myself saying yes to any of the above questions.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2012, 12:58 AM   #149
I subscribe to Revscene

No to all? Wtf u asking that for
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:01 AM   #150
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5-S View Post
No to all? Wtf u asking that for
People in this thread seem to accept trannies. Just wondering if they would consider them as "no less than any other human". EmperorIS even said trannies are more women than the girls he knows.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote