REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #51
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Wow, been waiting for fifth stage forever...
are they really going to make it?
Advertisement
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #52
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
From my belief, that 86 was never stock to begin with. I'm pretty sure Bunta did something to that car during his racing days

And yes, fan boy
how many major mods were done anyway?
didn't they do an engine swap that red lined at 11000?
Old 04-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #53
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Wow, been waiting for fifth stage forever...
are they really going to make it?
Manga's still going so don't be surprised if they get to work to it once it ends.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #54
is best wrench

Thanked 1,208 Times in 272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
how many major mods were done anyway?
didn't they do an engine swap that red lined at 11000?
I believe they used a redtop 4-AGE which is the later model Corolla motors, easily pumps 140hp

The engine in the anime was swapped to a silvertop 20 valve 1.6 4-AGE from Formula Atlantic, estimated at I think 240hp?
monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:07 AM   #55
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Anybody else think this series has lost its quality past the 2nd stage? The 4th stage moreso was just painful to finish.

Beating superior cars with amateur/car enthusiast level racing is one thing, but beating the latest cars with professional (or similar) drivers with nothing but an AE86 still, is really stretching a viewer's suspension of disbelief.

I wish the series could've either kept it within amateur/car enthusiast level, or at least do something brave and update the show with something more than AE86. That or the series' formula of Takumi always winning by either inhuman determination and/or fluke is just getting repetitive and tiresome. This show needs a revamp in its creative direction.

Last edited by Noir; 04-13-2012 at 02:49 AM.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2012, 05:40 AM   #56
is best wrench

Thanked 1,208 Times in 272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Anybody else think this series has lost its quality past the 2nd stage? The 4th stage moreso was just painful to finish.

Beating superior cars with amateur/car enthusiast level racing is one thing, but beating the latest cars with professional (or similar) drivers with nothing but an AE86 still, is really stretching a viewer's suspension of disbelief.

I wish the series could've either kept it within amateur/car enthusiast level, or at least do something brave and update the show with something more than AE86. That or the series' formula of Takumi always winning by either inhuman determination and/or fluke is just getting repetitive and tiresome. This show needs a revamp in its creative direction.
Finally! Someone I can agree with. I know it is just an anime, where the unrealistic becomes reality, but they make it so detailed and try so far for that professional standpoint..

That and I hate how the animation in 4th Stage where they only show split scenes of the car entering a corner. I still can't really accept the animation sequences in 4th.
monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #57
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Finally! Someone I can agree with. I know it is just an anime, where the unrealistic becomes reality, but they make it so detailed and try so far for that professional standpoint..

That and I hate how the animation in 4th Stage where they only show split scenes of the car entering a corner. I still can't really accept the animation sequences in 4th.
yeah I think this series has gone the way of Dragonball or Naruto where quality be damned, they're just trying to draw the series out as long as possible to cash in on it's initial success.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:09 AM   #58
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

this for real?
imp>dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:18 AM   #59
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

i dont even understand what it says
Old 08-06-2012, 07:19 AM   #60
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

blah blah....D...blah blah 11.. blah 9... blah blah blah present...
Old 08-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #61
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
This year's 35th issue of Kodansha's Young Magazine is announcing on Monday that a new anime series adaptation of Shuuichi Shigeno's Initial D car-racing manga has been green-lit. The format of the new anime series — be it a television anime, original video anime, or another format — and other details have not been revealed. More details will be provided in the combined 36th/37th issue of the magazine on August 6.

The story follows Takumi Fujiwara, a high school boy with a natural talent for driving, in his racing pursuits on the public highways. The manga debuted in 1995, and Kodansha published the 45th book volume last month. The manga already inspired several television anime series, a live-action film, several original video anime projects, and a successful game line.

Tokyopop published the manga and released part of the anime before ceasing its North American publishing operations. Funimation also licensed and released some of the earlier anime.
Initial D Car-Racing Manga Gets New Anime Series - News - Anime News Network

Quote:
This year's combined 36th/37th issue of Kodansha's Young Magazine is announcing on Monday that the musical group m.o.v.e will once again contribute the opening and ending theme songs for this year's new Initial D anime. The group is best known for its work on Initial D, but it also performed on the soundtracks for Ikki Tousen, Final Fantasy: Unlimited, and Asobotto Senki Goku.

The magazine is also announcing that the new anime will premiere in November on Animax's pay-per-view service. More details will be available on the Perfect Choice Premiere service's website.

Shuuichi Shigeno's original manga and the various anime projects follow a high school boy named Takumi Fujiwara in his racing pursuits on the public highways. The manga debuted in 1995, and Kodansha published the 45th book volume last month. The manga already inspired several television anime series, a live-action film, several original video anime projects, and a successful game line.

Tokyopop published the manga and released part of the anime before ceasing its North American publishing operations. Funimation also licensed and released some of the earlier anime.
Musical Group m.o.v.e Performs New Initial D Anime's Themes - Interest - Anime News Network
Old 08-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #62

Fifth Stage to come out on 11/9/2012
imp>dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #63
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
i have all the Initial D episodes and battle stages in HD quality.. got it years ago..
Old 08-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #64
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...

Can't wait for the new series.

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"

ODC: "Wrong, a roots type blower will produce max boost from 0rpm to redline."

Iceman_19: "A roots makes zero boost at zero rpm, lol"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Iceman_2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #65
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
Sweet, can't wait to add more initial d tax the ae86 on Craigslist
duy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #66
I bringith the lowerballerith

IVE BEEN WAITING AGES FOR STAGE 5
OGCStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #67
Banned (ABWS)?

I just jizzed in my pants...
Old 08-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #68
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Yay
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #69
I'm invisible

Finally after soo many years..
Old 08-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneringArtist View Post
At least the Funimation dubs are miles better than those piece of shit Tokyopop dubs. ANYONE remember this shitty song that replaced the 1st Stage intro song?

Initial D Opening - Stage 1 - US Dub - YouTube
Never heard that before and never want to hear it again!

So they are coming out with a new stage?? Been waiting FOREVER! Like, 5 years or so. I have to watch it all over again
Prolowtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:42 PM   #71
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:

I enjoyed the 4th stage, and thought each one was better than the last. With the AE86 being heavily modded now, I think beating out professional drivers isn't that farfetched. In the end, the difference in power with the cars being raced aren't that much, and professional drivers race on a track, which is nothing like mounutain passes. They wanted to show the Project D getting better, so they have to have better challengers. I didn't really care for too much whether they started using professional drivers or not, but it wasn't necessary, but I didn't think it was a big deal.

The AE86 is the signature car of Initial D, but unfortunately, it's a vehicle so it has a date attached to it. As time goes, this particular icon will be outdated. I'm not sure about the story line of the future, and what do they plan to do with the Subaru. Even though that car is also outdated now, it's a move of direction if Takumi starts driving a newer/more powerful car. But cars are outdated so fast, unless they keep switching cars every series, they will always be behind.

I also hate it when a race is won by some outrageous fluke, or something totally lame (S2000), but overall, I'm still entertained and find the races are still being creative enough. I could be wrong, but I don't recall any of the races being won the exact same way. I'll admit, it can seem repetitive from a far perspective of how the races are all being won in a somewhat similar fashion if the finer details are ignored.

Quote:
yeah I think this series has gone the way of Dragonball or Naruto where quality be damned, they're just trying to draw the series out as long as possible to cash in on it's initial success.
I'm not sure if a relatively small series like Initial D can be compared to these two giant anime series. DB and Naruto are known for having 25% (or more) of their episodes being fillers. The initial D anime always looks like it could just end at the end of each stage, but fans always demand for more more. I'm not sure what you mean by it being drawn out, unless you are referring to the Initial D manga story arc, which I don't know anything about since I don't read them.

Quote:
I'm not really sure what split scenes you are talking about. I found the animation light years better than the very first stage. The drifts were much more realistic in terms of angle they enter the corners (they weren't just pivoting and sliding sideways), the CGI is obviously much better in lighting, texturing, and modelling. The cars are much more detailed now.

I'm not sure if your opinion is based on a side by side comparison, or if it's just that you remembered enjoying first stage way more when you first saw it about 10 years ago.

First stage animation was not bad at all, but 4th stage looks awesome...
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM

Last edited by AzNightmare; 08-07-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #72
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
AWWW YEAHHHHH!!!
HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #73
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
I have a feeling that this series will not have aged well. Don't get your hopes up! 4th stage was already pretty horrible.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-08-2012, 06:24 AM   #74
"Entertainment" mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I have a feeling that this series will not have aged well. Don't get your hopes up! 4th stage was already pretty horrible.
It's probably gonna be 25-30 episodes considering they had about 4 or 5 battles since Purple Shadow in the manga, and that's not counting the AE86 vs. AE86 arc that's happening right now and is going to be the end of the manga. Quite a bit of build up chapters with no dialogue were used though.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #75
"Entertainment" mod.

Double post, but apparently, the third Initial D train parody game came out a month or two ago. It's the "race" with Kai Kogashiwa at Irohazaka, but with TRAINS. Long video, but it left me .