REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #26
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
There's a way of going about this, and you took the road never traveled. You started a thread on a forum that is essentially being run by the sponsors. Whatever their prices are, we're not charged a dime to enjoy the site and they're not forcing you to buy anything. Like others have said, just be a smart shopper and canvas prices.

If you see a good deal that's relevant to the forum, you can post the good deal you found.
Advertisement
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #27
degenerate extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post

If you see a good deal that's relevant to the forum, you can post the good deal you found.
I think this is a grey area. From what I remember, if the deal directly comes in conflict with the goods/services of any of the sponsors, they would deem your post as unauthorized spamming as protection for them sponsors

not 100% sure though.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #28
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
Tiger-Handheld - I too am raising awareness that you have jumped right to the very top of my list of people I am just itching to ban right now.

You have no idea how much work it takes for us to get sponsors on board and how hard it is for them to place their trust and sponsor dollars in RS.

I see no point to this thread other than to shit on our supportive sponsors and piss off every RS staff member busting their ass to keep this site alive. Raising awareness my ass. What are you a fucking activist now? All You've done is raise awareness to what a cheap ass you are. Congrats
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #29
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Lesson of the day: don't piss off the people who try to keep the site running and the people who pay for it.
sekin67835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #30
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,577 Times in 4,335 Posts
If I were a VAC Mod, I would've banned his ass with 54542526254190 points a long time ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
^PICS DAMNIT!!!! ill eat the pate out of her banhmi anytime.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #31
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
I don't find any of the sponsors prices unreasonable, certain members of Revscene are just cheap fucks who are unwilling to pay for quality work or parts.
I want to buttfuck your avatar.
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #32
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
If I were a VAC Mod, I would've banned his ass with 54542526254190 points a long time ago.
Touche Dukes. Thanks to all the sponsors for keeping this site up and running. Car scene would be in the shitters without RS.
Kidnapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:13 AM   #33
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 3,712 Times in 467 Posts
Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #34
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb View Post
Tiger-Handheld - I too am raising awareness that you have jumped right to the very top of my list of people I am just itching to ban right now.

You have no idea how much work it takes for us to get sponsors on board and how hard it is for them to place their trust and sponsor dollars in RS.

I see no point to this thread other than to shit on our supportive sponsors and piss off every RS staff member busting their ass to keep this site alive. Raising awareness my ass. What are you a fucking activist now? All You've done is raise awareness to what a cheap ass you are. Congrats
I know exactly how hard it is to attract sponsors, show them measurable results, and retain them as long as you can.

But think from my shoes for a second. Like anyone, I'm looking for the best deal I can get, I understand everyone needs to eat so I have no problems with a fair price. If the vendor has a higher price compared to other local sources, they will not be able to sell the product on RS. Eventually they will realize their pricing is off. However this might be too late for RS - the first thing the sponsor will think is "I'm paying $xxx dollars for ads, and I'm not selling anything - why bother?" If there are people saying "Hey sponsor, this person has the product you are selling for lower price" IF I were a sponsor, would find that to be valuable feedback - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. At that point, they can choose to match prices (if its possible) say why their product has premium pricing, or ignore it all together. I've took this approach for wheel and tire sponsor and they said they cannot match and I was ok with that. I gave them all the information they needed to verify my pricing to make sure I wasn't bs'ing.

I dont see how this is any different that taking a Best Buy flyer to Futureshop and asking for a price match or finding the lowest price on shopbot and trying to get NCIX match it. Most often than not, NCIX or the higher price retailer will lower price of the item within 3-5days once they are aware of the lower price.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:54 AM   #35
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
I see what you're trying to go for, but.

1: Scene isn't big enough for it to work
2: Shops won't cut a deal for that one guy who wants an exhaust for his Civic, and hope someone else wants in on it too.

Only way your idea would work, is if the local shops did Group Buys from a specific Manufacturer. Like when MFRT did the @ Cost + 10% deals for Greddy and Apexi wayy back.

But again, the local scene isn't big enough for it to work. It took MFRT a few months to get enough orders to get the deal going. I know, cause it took me months to get my parts in. Even by MFRT standards, that's a looong time.

As for price matching, some shops already do that. You just need to call around.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #36
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
taken that you know quite a bit about business, and its functions, then you probably should have already figured out different discount levels.

eg. companies with lordco accounts have varying different discount levels. a new company that signed up with them would get a lower discount level than say a company that has been with them for over 10 years and does a large buying amount yearly.

local shops trying to bring in new lines will be given a low discount rate. that discount rate goes higher the larger volume they purchase. this isnt new. online stores have little to no overhead thus their profit margin can be much lower. local stores offer labour services + need profit from parts sales to pay for overhead.

the deeper the discount a vender can get, the cheaper the price they can offer to you.

everyone is looking for the cheapest buck. but there is no need to create a thread to point out venders that cost more than others. that to me is just ranting and pointless.

its very surprising to me you created this thread. from posts and threads made in the past by you, this simple concept of capitalism would have been a no brainer for you. you do your research, yet you didnt even factor in the basics of running a established, with overhead, business versus an online store. its been said and its been brought up so many times in the past how local stores have a hard time competing with down south. pricing difference is simply straight out purchasing power.

dont like the pricing, keep shopping around, ranting about it or even "pointing it out" does nothing more than put u in the same category as the customer that threatens to shit talk on the net unless they get that pricing. that isnt a bargaining tool, thats just blackmail!

futureshop and ncix are good examples. futureshop is for ppl that want to go into a shop, browse, feel and touch an item. they have to pay for the store front. NCIX narrows their business to purely computer related parts (until recently). anyone that has been to ncix knows the store front is small, majority of occupied space is for sales counters aside from a few aisles here and there to showcase some items. otherwise its all kept in the back in a warehouse space where you dont need room to let a shopper move around to touch and feel items. ncix is for the bargain shopper. different subclasses of consumers.

i buy localled if i can, because if something fucks up, i know i have a store front to go to to return it. all other shits n giggles items i buy online like everyone else, i just dont see a need to create a thread to rant or point out something that even my Alzheimer suffering father already knows about how the capitalist world works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
I know exactly how hard it is to attract sponsors, show them measurable results, and retain them as long as you can.

But think from my shoes for a second. Like anyone, I'm looking for the best deal I can get, I understand everyone needs to eat so I have no problems with a fair price. If the vendor has a higher price compared to other local sources, they will not be able to sell the product on RS. Eventually they will realize their pricing is off. However this might be too late for RS - the first thing the sponsor will think is "I'm paying $xxx dollars for ads, and I'm not selling anything - why bother?" If there are people saying "Hey sponsor, this person has the product you are selling for lower price" IF I were a sponsor, would find that to be valuable feedback - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. At that point, they can choose to match prices (if its possible) say why their product has premium pricing, or ignore it all together. I've took this approach for wheel and tire sponsor and they said they cannot match and I was ok with that. I gave them all the information they needed to verify my pricing to make sure I wasn't bs'ing.

I dont see how this is any different that taking a Best Buy flyer to Futureshop and asking for a price match or finding the lowest price on shopbot and trying to get NCIX match it. Most often than not, NCIX or the higher price retailer will lower price of the item within 3-5days once they are aware of the lower price.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #37
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
Quote:

IF you understand how hard it is to attract and retain sponsors then why did you make this thread? You know that we have to look after them as they help us survive and provide free events for the community.

Its already been said by !SG but its like you're essentially trying to strong arm a local sponsor who may not have the numbers to give deep discounts. I know you're trying to get the best prices and thats totally fine but making a thread to call them out about their prices isn't going to help anyone here. Do you honestly think that they'll be happy getting such negative feedback on a site they pay to advertise on? Call or PM them privately to talk about prices but dont pull that stuff here.
rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #38
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
@SG / RB - It was never my intention to strong arm a local sponsor. All I wanted to know was if I can let the vendor know on their own FS thread that their pricing might be off compared to other local stores. The answer has been made CRYSTAL CLEAR.

I started this thread before saying anything to the vendor on his/her own thread.

To The RS sponsors: You guys will be the first people I call if I ever need something. I hope you see that I was not trying to strong arm you but rather raise a point about being competitive and knowing the competition pricing. If you found it offensive - I apologize.

Feel free to lock this thread or let it die down. I won't be updating

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #39
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,506 Times in 1,164 Posts
If it wasn't for revscene, I would of not known about image in motion.

Their prices are very fair for what they sell up here.

For example, the Fujita air filters they sell is much cheaper than "other" shops.

Peter and the crew are a friendly bunch!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #40
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
^ well IIM is more of a warehouse than a shop.. they dont provide mechanical services :P

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #41
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

This is more like a rant.
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #42
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
i respond non sugar coated.

i expect more from long time members like you.

i encourage everyone to give the sponsors a try first before ruling them out.

Quote:
@SG / RB - It was never my intention to strong arm a local sponsor. All I wanted to know was if I can let the vendor know on their own FS thread that their pricing might be off compared to other local stores. The answer has been made CRYSTAL CLEAR.

I started this thread before saying anything to the vendor on his/her own thread.

To The RS sponsors: You guys will be the first people I call if I ever need something. I hope you see that I was not trying to strong arm you but rather raise a point about being competitive and knowing the competition pricing. If you found it offensive - I apologize.

Feel free to lock this thread or let it die down. I won't be updating

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:44 AM   #43
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

LOL you guys all talk about wanting to get things cheaper or discounted in other threads but once someone mentions the sponsors........
sliq is offline   Reply With Quote