REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #26
HELP ME PLS!!!

North America Union, much? The more I read about news like this, the more I think those conspiracy theorists may have gotten some of it right all along.

This is wrong on so many levels.
Advertisement
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #27
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,283 Times in 270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
I do not like this idea at all.
not even a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon View Post
Fuck that shit. Keep the US in their own country. This should NOT be happening. Yet another reason I fully do not support the Harper govnt.
i knew it was bad news bears when he was arrogant enough to rename our govt after him
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgasm_donor View Post
organge7 has spoken, and we have done the opposite. yay!
urrh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #28
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Sovereignty is dead.

The way I see it, the concept of a global community seems fairly likely, where soverign nations will gradually coalesce to the extent that whether a physical border exists or not will be of little consequence.

How do I feel about it? To be honest, I'm happy that we share our border with only one country, and I'm not terribly upset that it's the United States.. Sooner of later there will come a time that our geographic location will be a major advantage. North America is, in comparison with most other parts of the world rich in many ways. We have a low population concentration, an abundance of virtually every natural resource, high standards of education, a reasonable climate for agriculture, a well established political structure and legal system, modern/developed infrastructure, and an ocean seperating us from most geo and socio pollitical issues that cause a lot of trouble in other parts of the world.

Mehh does it really matter if there FBI agents are here? It's not like they don't have embassy's and military bases all over the world... so what's the difference really? Like there wasn't agents here for the last 70 years anyway...
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #29
Banned (ABWS)

National defense authorization act. Look it up. Been implimented for quite some time now, FBI/CIA etc can detain you for no reason at all withno chance of going to court either if you are found doing "terriorist" type activities.
Teh Doucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:45 PM   #30

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
^^^ "does it really matter", when a thing like this out of the blue happens when we deal with security just fine then yes it does matter

shit like this doesn't get denied, i'm going to try and see if there's a way to veto this by mailing mayor or something like that

petition sign up?
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #31
THE CHAMPION OF CAPUA

Canada will be part of the united states of America.
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #32

if that happens...

time to move asap
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2012, 09:00 PM   #33
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

move where? =(
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #34
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,730 Times in 374 Posts

Old 05-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #35
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
if harper signs over canada, i'm selling everything i own and moving to another continent...

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #36
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,819 Times in 1,134 Posts
How does this even work? So will the criminal face a Canadian judge or a us judge if they are caught in Canada by FBI/CIA/donutcop. Unless a person has a warrant, then a person caught in Canada by US law enforcement cannot be forced to go to the US to face a judge. This is gonna be a nightmare for the courts and the justice system.
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #37
Banned By Establishment

I have no problem with US officials pursuing suspects into Canadian borders. All these "police state" comments are pretty asinine. If Harper was to do the opposite you hippies would call him soft on crime. Can't win with the tree hugging crowd of BC.
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #38
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

This is absolutely ridiculous.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
I have no problem with US officials pursuing suspects into Canadian borders. All these "police state" comments are pretty asinine. If Harper was to do the opposite you hippies would call him soft on crime. Can't win with the tree hugging crowd of BC.
lol are you even aware of what's been happening in the US in 2011/12?
Old 05-22-2012, 09:52 PM   #40
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,315 Times in 328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmatic View Post
[img]http://www.taipeitimes.com/images/2006/09/05/P14-060905-002.jpg[img]

Yeah, but deadly everything (mostly spiders)
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2012, 10:00 PM   #41
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,181 Times in 605 Posts
stephen harper needs to go...

when can he be replaced?
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #42
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,130 Posts
wonder how this will affect people pirating content

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:07 PM   #43
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by belaud View Post
Is this fact, or is this hyperbole?
"Politician X is a monster and he's out to kill your babies. Don't make me say I told you so." This seems to be the pattern year after year, election after election.. even look at US politics - it's way worse. Obama's gonna unplug your grandma from life support cuz he's an evil arab - ROAARR..

People say high frequency traders are like rats who offer nothing to society. They might have a point, but I think emotional political junkies are also like rats who add nothing productive, in fact crowd out productive discussion...

Anyway, here's some more information on that shiprider program (step 2 to 3) I think does a better job of describing things more accurately, just on the crime prevention point of view. You might still not like it, but at least base it on the facts, right?

Quote:
5. Shiprider becomes Landrider: This could be the single most important initiative on the law-enforcement side. A current pilot program called Shiprider allows vessels manned by integrated teams of Canadian and American police officers to cross back and forth across the maritime border, operating under Canadian command and Canadians laws on our side, American command and American laws on theirs. The goal is to expand the program to create specially-badged bi-national law-enforcement teams on land and sea.

None of the three dozen or so items in the action plan requires a treaty or legislation. It can pretty much all be done through executive order in both countries. But implementing the agreement will cost money to improve border infrastructure and acquire sophisticated software.
Five ways border deal improves life on both sides - The Globe and Mail
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:20 PM   #44
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Well they proposed a law in the US that doesn't allow anyone to leave the country if you owe the IRS $. Problem is theres no judge or jury so they can say you owe them and never produce any evidence of such yet you can't travel. LOLZ.

All I know is if tsa starts showing up in canadian airports and molesting people........It's time to make a stand.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:21 PM   #45
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
stephen harper needs to go...

when can he be replaced?
October 19, 2015,
RouRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #46
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,368 Times in 4,270 Posts

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:00 AM   #47
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
I can see something like this at sea. It makes sense.

You have someone that you are pursuing and they run for the "border", which is in quotes because at sea there really is no border.

If you are RCMP and you see a smuggler, or a boat filled with illegal immigrants and you pursue and then have to stop because you ran out of map and watch them sail away, knowing that US backup cannot be there in time, that would be both frustrating and a pretty big loophole.

So if you have an agreement in place that you can call in, and be authorized to pursue due to a bilateral agreement...I'm ok with that.

I don't feel we need to have the FBI on the streets of Vancouver saying "you intend to sell this in America" and take you out, and you disappear to US jail for 30 years. Oh, and then get charged money for the privilege.

We have our own police and our own laws. If I wanted to live in the states, I would have moved there when you could make way more money there than in Canada.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-23-2012, 07:35 AM   #48
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

wow stupid harper
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:48 AM   #49
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
so... the harper government is bending over to Obama and taking it in the ass and we have to suffer....

all I have to say is that the Canadian citizens better not get harassed by the stupid american officials
Old 05-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #50
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
How do I feel about it? To be honest, I'm happy that we share our border with only one country, and I'm not terribly upset that it's the United States.. Sooner of later there will come a time that our geographic location will be a major advantage. North America is, in comparison with most other parts of the world rich in many ways. We have a low population concentration, an abundance of virtually every natural resource, high standards of education, a reasonable climate for agriculture, a well established political structure and legal system, modern/developed infrastructure, and an ocean seperating us from most geo and socio pollitical issues that cause a lot of trouble in other parts of the world.
Bolded words:
1) So your willing to accept that we could become a "state" of the USA. Which would mean that we would get fucked over aswell with their failing economy, debts to everyone around the world (two fold), their shitty government, and all their shit about "war fixes everything." Wait until you get drafted, then you'll be making a stink.

2) Low population? Not when all the fucking Americans decide that Canada is a better, more open place to live.. especially with all that cleaner drinking water, and all that space to kill forests and build megamalls. Lets not forget we "sold" millions of dollars of OUR WATER to California which we still haven't seen a dollar from for years...

3) Our legal system sucks. If you just recently watched the news.. There was a lady whose "air freshner" fell and she had to fix it.. instead of leaving it on the ground in her car. She struck 2 people, killed 1 and put the other into critical care. She got a FINE OF $1500?!?! for driving without due care.

I don't mean this as a personal attack, just that this one paragraph was just... If you can tell me HOW we could benefit from ANYTHING from the USA, please... let me know. I can only think of military defense, and they make enough enemies that I'd rather not be associated with them.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: