REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #2751
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,179 Times in 2,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
^thank god. I thought it was gonna be sexy pics of the players
inb4 nude chara & kesler
Advertisement
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
Old 08-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #2752
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
^thank god. I thought it was gonna be sexy pics of the players
Yet you still clicked
Old 08-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #2753
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
John Buccigross @Buccigross
Was told tongiht that Buffalo''s four year, 30 million dollar offer to Shane Doan is legit. Coyotes only want to go two years for now.
As a Sabres fan, all I can do is and and

I'm not totally surprised tho, Pegula seriously has too much money. This is a guy who just donated $102 million of his own money to Penn State to build an arena for their hockey team, spent boat loads of his own cash renovating First Niagara Center and building new training/practice facilities and is now proposing to build 2 more ice rinks and a hotel just a block away from First Niagara Center.

Having an owner with such wealth and interest in hockey can be a great thing, but at the same time, also a disaster.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #2754

How much money are the others offering him?

As a fan of a team with a rich owner, you only need to worry about the cap hit, not the actual money. If it's front-loaded, the extra two years may not even be relevant.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #2755
RS.net PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
How much money are the others offering him?

As a fan of a team with a rich owner, you only need to worry about the cap hit, not the actual money. If it's front-loaded, the extra two years may not even be relevant.
The 7.5 cap hit is worrying, since Doan is 36, contract will go until he is 40 and won't come off the books even if he retires due to the 36yr old + rule.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #2756
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
$7.5m x 4years for Shane Doan is INSANE. Yes, he's a great leader, presence in the locker room, etc but he's still 36-years old and good for about 20G 30A at best.

...and will he still be good for that FOUR YEARS FROM NOW!?

Absolutely stupid offer.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #2757
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,064 Times in 1,183 Posts
The more I think about it, the less I think the Canucks need Doan. We already have an older team, with excellent locker room morale. Do we need more leadership?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 08-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #2758

I wouldn't underestimate Doan too much because of his age. Plenty of leadership type players are valuable throughout their late 30's. Look at Whitney for example, and hell Recchi won the cup at what, 42? Those are just recent examples, Ron Francis comes to mind, and Brandan Shanahan
Old 08-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #2759
RS.net PIMP

Only way I would be ok with that contract is if the NHL accepts the NHLPA's idea of a luxury tax/cap system, Pegula wouldn't mind paying a luxury tax, but in a hard cap system, the 7.5 mil is an anchor IMO.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:37 PM   #2760
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I wouldn't underestimate Doan too much because of his age. Plenty of leadership type players are valuable throughout their late 30's. Look at Whitney for example, and hell Recchi won the cup at what, 42? Those are just recent examples, Ron Francis comes to mind, and Brandan Shanahan
And none of those guys are/were $7.5m over 4 years players at 36...except Ron Francis, maybe.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:06 PM   #2761
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,335 Times in 5,646 Posts
Doan at 7.5 doesnt make the sabres a contender.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #2762
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
oh michal neuvirth....

Quote:
On his position as starting goalie on the club:

It’s true that until now, I have never been an official number one. But I have played just over a hundred games in NHL. That’s nothing. I’m starting the season sure that I want to play forty/fifty games and I am really sure that I have the weakest competition (Braden Holtby) I’ve ever had. I will try to be number one goalie this season. Finally!
Quote:
Another big star left the Caps – Alex Semin. Some say it will help the club, some say it won’t. What do you think?

Something in between. I see the leaving of Semin as a huge minus for the team, but then again I think it may do some good. He didn’t have the best work ethic. Maybe now when Ovi will be without him, he will put more into hockey. Maybe that’s what the management was going for.

Matt Bradley said things about Semin’s work ethic as well, and he had to apologize…

But I think it’s nothing that isn’t well known. If Semin wanted to, he could have been the best player in the world, but he doesn’t want to every day. And that’s wrong.

On Ovechkin

He isn’t what he used to be, that’s for sure. And if a team like ours wants to have a chance in Stanley Cup, we need Ovi to be the best. We all expect that from him; he has to be the real leader. But it’s hard you know, he achieved everything as a player. He was on absolute top, and then one can only fall down. I just hope that Ovi will stop falling and instead stops and maybe tries to get back on top. As for his attitude in the locker, he is still the same guy. Even when it’s not working out for him, he is in a good mood, he celebrates with the others. He is the right team player. He will stay like that forever.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 08-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #2763
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Since hockey talk is at a snails pace, wondering if some of you with some hockey sense can help me rank these players. I would like to keep three for my pool since I need roster players to fill spots (yes I know some of these players are shitty). Considers their point totals, salary and where they fit on the depth chart. Thanks! Total points only keeper pool with salary.

rankings.JPG

Correction, Dubinsky is on Columbus now.

Last edited by MR_BIGGS; 08-22-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #2764

is hits, shots, +/- etc important or just pts and salary?
Old 08-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #2765
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaz View Post
is hits, shots, +/- etc important or just pts and salary?
Total points.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #2766

surprised no one posted

Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Taylor Hall's agent Paul Krepelka has concluded negotiations with EDM on a 7-year extension that will pay Hall $6M per year.
quite a big contract for a kid who hasn't done much (yet).
Old 08-22-2012, 11:09 AM   #2767

morrows going to be mostly playing 3rd line i believe so im not too sure about him. dubinsky should be getting more ice time due to being probably clb best forward now.
vermette is on phx and tippet seems to be able to get the best out of everyone.forwards look worse for phx though.
umberger i have no expectations for he seems to constantly play under the level people believe he is. peverley is usually good for 50ish.
id probably go with peverley, dubinsky and take a chance on jones

Last edited by dbaz; 08-22-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #2768
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKam View Post
surprised no one posted
quite a big contract for a kid who hasn't done much (yet).
Guy just came off his Entry level and is now making $6M per year, that tells you how messed up the CBA is right now. The Oiler's have the next 3 years to make some noise. After that no way they can keep Eberle, RNH, or Yaku all together.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:18 PM   #2769
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,855 Times in 889 Posts
or it means one of them is getting shipped off soon!
Old 08-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #2770
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
22 Goals his Rookie season, and 27 Goals his sophomore season and somehow thats worth a 7 Year 42 Million dollar contract. Whatever happened to players earning theses types of contracts? Seems like GMs are giving players theses types of contracts in hopes they live up to them. This is why Teams like Vancouver and Detroit will always remain competitive cause they dont give out contracts like this like its candy.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:46 PM   #2771
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,064 Times in 1,183 Posts
Here's the kicker - GMs & owners agree to such contracts, then turn around and side with Bettman in having a lockout! WTF!!

Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
This post thanked by:
Old 08-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #2772

apparently they're trying to do a similar deal with Eberle... They want to get the contracts done before the new (apparently worse) CBA. They don't even know how the CBA will change and they're offering these dumb contracts... For all the GMs know it could come out with clauses that benefit them in such contracts

Old 08-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #2773
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,335 Times in 5,646 Posts
he set the precident, now no one in deadmonton is gonna take a cut to create a dynasty, ill bet anyone they dont make it to the finals in the next 5
Old 08-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #2774
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post
Since hockey talk is at a snails pace, wondering if some of you with some hockey sense can help me rank these players. I would like to keep three for my pool since I need roster players to fill spots (yes I know some of these players are shitty). Considers their point totals, salary and where they fit on the depth chart. Thanks! Total points only keeper pool with salary.

Correction, Dubinsky is on Columbus now.
I would go with the lowest salaries. Their points total is fairly close to each other. But saving salary gives you more flexibility in trades later on?

Plus I'm sure Morrow is going to have a bounce back year in Dallas.

Last year, he was injured too often.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #2775
...in the world.

They're paying for potential with Hall, just like the Flyers overpaying JVR and Simmons for one good year. They're clearly banking on Hall being the leader of the team in the coming years.
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread