REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #5451
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,955
Thanked 18,195 Times in 5,565 Posts
Lu has now played in this game as long as Schneider. His SV% is 0.800 compared to 0.642

KEEP LU TRADE SCHNEIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 01-19-2013, 09:53 PM   #5452
Big Drama Show
 
jayare604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Goodboy Nation
Posts: 5,733
Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
The Facebook critics are out in full force tonight!

"Canucks are horrible people need to realize that there never gonna win a cup I bet they won't even make playoffs this year oo its cuz keslers out excuse after excuse there garbage face it pure fucking garbage!"

"Game 7 then choke? Never won a cup only vancouver millionaires canucks always only choked at the finals everyone can argue oo they win this trophy and that trophy and go to the finals and make playoffs where's the fuckin cup? Great they can win trophies why don't they win what they've dedicated their whole lives to o yeah cuz there not good enough"

Our city doesn't deserve a cup.
jayare604 is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #5453
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
cressydrift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: surrey
Posts: 1,203
Thanked 2,719 Times in 392 Posts
At least with the lock out the Canucks had a perfect record.

So happy Rick Ball is doing HNIC Canucks.
__________________
2014 Taco TRD
2006 3 GT
1993 Integra RS
1982 TE72
1988 5.0
1990 S13 Coupe
2006 Mazda B4000 4x4
1987 Ae86 Coupe
1988 Cressida Wagon
1985 Cressida 7m Swap
1987 Ae86 Hatch
1989 FC
cressydrift is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #5454
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
UFO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Van, BC
Posts: 3,664
Thanked 727 Times in 434 Posts
There'll be tons of goalie talk for sure, but our defense sucked balls tonight. Not just the actual d-men though, the back check, missed assignments, etc etc. Edmonton's gona light us up tmrw if we play the same game.

At least it shifts the focus off the real problem: where our goals are going to come from for the next little while.
UFO is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #5455
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!
 
StylinRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CELICAland
Posts: 23,040
Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,294 Posts
Teemu still looks like he's in his 20s
StylinRed is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #5456
rebuild you say?
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,157
Thanked 3,559 Times in 1,175 Posts
Toronto is undefeated... that is all.
__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #5457
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 2,190
Thanked 798 Times in 359 Posts
First game


subordinate is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 01-19-2013, 10:24 PM   #5458
Everyone wants a piece of R S...
 
beproud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: vancouver
Posts: 375
Thanked 53 Times in 26 Posts
Ouch, tomorrow's going to be interesting eh
beproud is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 10:38 PM   #5459
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)
 
Tim Budong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Womb
Posts: 17,260
Thanked 11,035 Times in 2,190 Posts
MEHHHHH

da fuck happened to Canucks De....nvm
Tim Budong is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #5460
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)
 
Tim Budong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Womb
Posts: 17,260
Thanked 11,035 Times in 2,190 Posts
and this..
from twitter

Dallas Stars pulled a Manti Te'o prank on the Jumbotron tonight (via erinbrinson) instagr.am/p/Usex3FiHJd/
Tim Budong is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 01-19-2013, 10:49 PM   #5461
Waxin’ Punks
 
punkwax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Surrey
Posts: 5,442
Thanked 4,320 Times in 1,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
The Facebook critics are out in full force tonight!

"Canucks are horrible people need to realize that there never gonna win a cup I bet they won't even make playoffs this year oo its cuz keslers out excuse after excuse there garbage face it pure fucking garbage!"

"Game 7 then choke? Never won a cup only vancouver millionaires canucks always only choked at the finals everyone can argue oo they win this trophy and that trophy and go to the finals and make playoffs where's the fuckin cup? Great they can win trophies why don't they win what they've dedicated their whole lives to o yeah cuz there not good enough"

Our city doesn't deserve a cup.
Fans who think Facebook is a good source of information don't deserve a Cup.
__________________
If you drive like an asshole, you probably are one.
punkwax is online now  
Old 01-19-2013, 11:11 PM   #5462
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once
 
pastarocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,167
Thanked 2,375 Times in 1,062 Posts
-will be interesting to see how the team bounces back from this beatdown from the Ducks. -Come on Canucks, beat those Oilers kids on Sunday!
__________________
Go Canucks go!
pastarocket is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 11:14 PM   #5463
I HERP TO YOU DERP
 
hypediss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 604
Posts: 1,175
Thanked 222 Times in 95 Posts
bring out them torches! time to flame and exorcise dem goalies!


Last edited by hypediss; 01-19-2013 at 11:20 PM.
hypediss is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 11:14 PM   #5464
I HERP TO YOU DERP
 
hypediss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: 604
Posts: 1,175
Thanked 222 Times in 95 Posts
double post my bad!
hypediss is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #5465
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 28,795
Thanked 8,341 Times in 2,954 Posts
a couple things from tonight:

1) The lack of any sort of offence was startling, even the Sedins had trouble getting anything going and outside of a few short bursts down the wing Burrows was absent as well

2) Lines are in tatters and the "checking" line of Lappy/Higgins/Hansen isnt exactly a "checking" line so when they went head to head with the Getzlaf line they were getting walked right over, the best they could do was send the puck down the ice and get a change

3) While I am a Schneider hater, what exactly makes Schneids a sound "starter" ? the people who are on the anti-Luongo side have very little evidence that Corey can be any sort of reliable starter.. it is MUCH easier to come in of relief of a starter, or prepare for a start you know is coming days/weeks down the road rather than be relied on night after night..

We'll see what happens tommorow..
__________________
Dank memes cant melt steel beams
Hondaracer is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 01-19-2013, 11:17 PM   #5466
nah
My homepage has been set to RS
 
nah's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: New Westminster
Posts: 2,281
Thanked 342 Times in 153 Posts
Not having a true 2nd line is going to kill us.
nah is offline  
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #5467
My homepage has been set to RS
 
kristianhay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,163
Thanked 906 Times in 333 Posts
Just got back from the game, defensive play was brutal as someone mentioned. The amount of times that the Canucks were beaten all over the ice was ridiculous. Though, it is the first game so it's no time to press the panic button.

Ebbett is really, really bad though. He is not a top 6 NHL player in any way, shape or form and I can't understand the reasoning for keeping him where he is. Furthermore, they were giving him PP time as well. Just mind boggling to me. He is not a good hockey player. 7/16 in the dot is not good enough for a second line centre.

On the plus side, I paid $60 and got a free beer, free scarf and managed to sneak my way into the lower bowl for periods 2 and 3. Onto the next game!
__________________
kristianhay is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 01-19-2013, 11:43 PM   #5468
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)
 
Tim Budong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Womb
Posts: 17,260
Thanked 11,035 Times in 2,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
a couple things from tonight:

1) The lack of any sort of offence was startling, even the Sedins had trouble getting anything going and outside of a few short bursts down the wing Burrows was absent as well

2) Lines are in tatters and the "checking" line of Lappy/Higgins/Hansen isnt exactly a "checking" line so when they went head to head with the Getzlaf line they were getting walked right over, the best they could do was send the puck down the ice and get a change

3) While I am a Schneider hater, what exactly makes Schneids a sound "starter" ? the people who are on the anti-Luongo side have very little evidence that Corey can be any sort of reliable starter.. it is MUCH easier to come in of relief of a starter, or prepare for a start you know is coming days/weeks down the road rather than be relied on night after night..

We'll see what happens tommorow..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
Just got back from the game, defensive play was brutal as someone mentioned. The amount of times that the Canucks were beaten all over the ice was ridiculous. Though, it is the first game so it's no time to press the panic button.

Ebbett is really, really bad though. He is not a top 6 NHL player in any way, shape or form and I can't understand the reasoning for keeping him where he is. Furthermore, they were giving him PP time as well. Just mind boggling to me. He is not a good hockey player. 7/16 in the dot is not good enough for a second line centre.

On the plus side, I paid $60 and got a free beer, free scarf and managed to sneak my way into the lower bowl for periods 2 and 3. Onto the next game!
Whatever the hell the team was thinking when trying to break out of their own zone... im startled, because the past few years, the team can make these pretty plays to get out of their own end. *AHEM* SAMI SALO...

Is Edler completely lose trying to break out on the right side?

The AV LOGIC behind the 2nd line boggles me still, but even then, Schroeder probably wouldnt have made a difference when Koivu and Selanne with their many years playing smart hockey will out work the rookie just based on experience alone.

Schneider is in an odd place, he has the numbers of a starter, but thats it. The goaltending needs to be split up enough that Cory sees enough consistent starts to push him to the next level. Is this the time to do it? probably not.

Keep in mind, most of the Ducks have been playing overseas and are game ready, same goes for the Oilers. Regardless, that excuse of "rust" can be used tonight, but not tomorrow.

If the opposition is using speed to walk around our team, then I'm lost for words.
Tim Budong is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 11:47 PM   #5469
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!
 
Soundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Abbotstan
Posts: 20,721
Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
Rust + no Kesler + no Booth + AHL journeyman anchoring our second line + A prospect who should be in the AHL right now, but instead he's playing on our second line = Terrible showing

We need a healthy Kes back, ASAP. Even though I doubt we'll ever see a 100% Kes again.
RUST is not an excuse - everyone is in the same boat.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
Does anyone know how many to a signature?
..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 11:47 PM   #5470
I have named my kids VIC and VLS
 
Hondaracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Off-Topic
Posts: 28,795
Thanked 8,341 Times in 2,954 Posts
Ducks played well ill give them that

And as somone posted above, I don't think the dmen in particular played that poorly but as a group their coverage was horrible
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 11:49 PM   #5471
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
radioman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,671
Thanked 3,173 Times in 841 Posts
Are these facebook people the same ones who have their heads glued to their phones during games tweeting/facebooking instead of actually watching the game?

Always pissed me off when I went to games.
radioman is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 11:49 PM   #5472
In RS I Trust
 
murd0c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mission
Posts: 19,817
Thanked 16,935 Times in 3,987 Posts
Everyone knew we would be rusty especially with Kesler and Booth being injured. I'm not worried I was just happy to have hockey back.
Posted via RS Mobile
murd0c is offline  
Old 01-19-2013, 11:56 PM   #5473
MOD
 
Gh0stRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: VANCOUVER
Posts: 26,714
Thanked 7,373 Times in 1,910 Posts
oilers brass were watching today. They left at 2nd intermission
__________________
M0D3RAT0R

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback


Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline  
Old 01-20-2013, 12:46 AM   #5474
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)
 
Tim Budong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Womb
Posts: 17,260
Thanked 11,035 Times in 2,190 Posts
I'll just leave this here

Tim Budong is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2013, 12:54 AM   #5475
what manner of phaggotry is this
 
RRxtar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Kelownafornia
Posts: 18,122
Thanked 5,142 Times in 1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
i hope schneider lets in 7 goals. just so it shuts everyone up about trading luongo tomorrow. we need 2 good goalies! theres no time this season to recover from a cold streak or injury
sorry guys. my bad
__________________
STRENGTHaesthetics
RRxtar is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net