REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #5601
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,312 Times in 5,633 Posts
we lose in the S/O without Eberle or Nuge going either, kinda figured it was over it we got to the S/O

i liked burrows new version of the backhand going from side to side, just poorly executed
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #5602
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
Yep, Edmonton too stacked in shootout. Thats what happens when you come in 30th all the time and get 1st overall picks.. even though they didn't have to use the young guns, I knew it we were in tough in SO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 01-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #5603
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
The power play had chances but they had to put some away.

Better showing today.

I hate the camera change to Cory after Lou let that shootout goal in... like wtf

Last edited by radioman; 01-20-2013 at 08:37 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #5604
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Lu never stood a chance in the shootout. And he played both shots as well as any goalie could have.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #5605
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I wasn't surprised with the out come for the ps eh but a win would've been nice
Old 01-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #5606
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
There was no chance we were winning in a shootout.
Edmonton is too stacked. Not Lou's fault.

I guess one point will have to do.
Posted via RS Mobile
Totally not Lu's to lose on the SO, the shots by Gagner and Hemsky were pretty slick.

Our shooters on the other hand ... Edler predictable wrister, Burrows predictable forehand backhand except this time he tried to go wider and it felt like he was going in slow-motion and pushed it into Dubnyk
Old 01-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #5607
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
fuck the oilers are fun to watch, i've made sure to catch them for the past 2 seasons and every time, it gets better.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #5608
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

double post..i know..heres the Kassian Eager bout

But heres one that makes me smile. Glass vs Asham

This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #5609
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Ok, so when is AV gonna ditch the Ebbett experiment? He's clearly not working as the "second line centre." Time to call Schroeder up and see how he does, because it can't get much worse than this.

We struggled with secondary scoring towards the end of last season, and it's carrying onto this season. The D has been horrible. Bieksa looks like his former old self. Garrison has been alright. Edler doesn't look bad, but he's still inconsistent in his own end. Hamhuis isn't bad, but I'll cut him slack cause pulling Bieksa's weight must be tough. Tanev has looked good. Ballard made a few mistakes, but he looks solid. I still don't know why they don't try him out on the PP, cause the PP has been atrocious so far. As for the forwards..Burrows better shake off the rust, or that contract is gonna look terrible next year. Weise and Volpatti have impressed me. The rest of the forwards have been performing as expected.

I've always pinned everything on the Sedins, especially in the playoffs when they wouldn't "show up." I guess it only seems that way cause secondary scoring is non-existent on this team.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #5610
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
Ok, so when is AV gonna ditch the Ebbett experiment? He's clearly not working as the "second line centre." Time to call Schroeder up and see how he does, because it can't get much worse than this.

We struggled with secondary scoring towards the end of last season, and it's carrying onto this season. The D has been horrible. Bieksa looks like his former old self. Garrison has been alright. Edler doesn't look bad, but he's still inconsistent in his own end. Hamhuis isn't bad, but I'll cut him slack cause pulling Bieksa's weight must be tough. Tanev has looked good. Ballard made a few mistakes, but he looks solid. I still don't know why they don't try him out on the PP, cause the PP has been atrocious so far. As for the forwards..Burrows better shake off the rust, or that contract is gonna look terrible next year. Weise and Volpatti have impressed me. The rest of the forwards have been performing as expected.

I've always pinned everything on the Sedins, especially in the playoffs when they wouldn't "show up." I guess it only seems that way cause secondary scoring is non-existent on this team.
It's been 2 games and you're hitting the panic button now on certain players? I agree with you on Ebbett, he's pretty much more of a depth guy than anything, but to say problems have carried over from last season, TWO games in? That's an overreaction.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #5611
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts

Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #5612
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingMetro92 View Post
It's been 2 games and you're hitting the panic button now on certain players? I agree with you on Ebbett, he's pretty much more of a depth guy than anything, but to say problems have carried over from last season, TWO games in? That's an overreaction.
I don't think it's the panic button to say that the Canucks are playing like they always have, aside from the stretch where Kesler played way beyond his ability.

Also another thing to consider is that in a shortened season, 2 games is effectively like 4 games. There isn't much room to turn things around this time!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #5613

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingMetro92 View Post
ya jayare u phagg0t
Old 01-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #5614
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Its shitty
deal with it
typical canucks hockey
tank the first month in a season, tear it up afterwards

ugh..sucks that its 48 games and not 82
Old 01-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #5615
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
"it's ok, we usually tank the first month" "yo guyz, we saving ourselvz for da playoffs" "omg luz octoberz always suck doe"

How about we tank the first month in a shortened season, and find ourselves fighting for the fnal playoff spot come April?
Old 01-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #5616
nah
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post

Posted via RS Mobile
I love this look for Eager.

Remember when he was on Chicago and San Jose.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #5617

Quote:
How about we tank the first month in a shortened season, and find ourselves fighting for the fnal playoff spot come April?
Sure, it worked for LA
Old 01-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #5618

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of days. AV wouldn't say who his starting goalie will be on Wednesday, even though Cory is the "#1".

0/5 on the PP is not good enough. That used to be our bread and butter, so that has got to improve. Special teams makes the difference in games like this.

If I don't see Schroeder called up, I'm really going to shake my head at management. The 2 day break allows for us to do some shuffling. Ebbet is not a good NHL hockey player, especially not in a top 6 role as I stated after last game. He is a "journeyman" as they say, and journeyman is really code for: not able to crack the roster on any NHL team so said journeyman lives out of a suitcase. If they REALLY want him up with the team, that's fine, send one of the 3 scratched d-men down. Really, carrying 3 extra d-men when our forwards are struggling? That makes a lot of sense.

On the plus side, Kassian, Tanev and Weise played pretty well.

Just my 2 cents. Next game is a must win!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #5619
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post

Posted via RS Mobile
Let's see Hodgson do this?
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #5620
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

If Dale Weise can get the production he had in the Netherlands (42 points in 19 games, seriously, can anyone believe this? I had to look at his stats on the Trappers website.) we'd be all set!

If 2 games=4 then all should be well by game 5, which would basically be a month. I'd start worrying if we start the season with no wins by the first week of February though. but after 2 games, like any other league, it's hard to tell how well a team is going to do through the entire season (especially in a lockout)
Old 01-20-2013, 11:30 PM   #5621
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
What? Weise can do that?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-20-2013, 11:32 PM   #5622

The Dutch league is equivalent to a beer league

Don't expect much out of Weise
Old 01-20-2013, 11:57 PM   #5623
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
After being President Trophy Winners the past 2 seasons, I actually wouldn't mind a change up,
where all the fans (and Canucks) don't feel like it's their given right to have a freebie to the Stanley Cup.

Every team needs to earn it, which includes playing hard during the playoffs.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2013, 12:18 AM   #5624
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Edler is really earning his pay cheque.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-21-2013, 02:43 AM   #5625

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Lu never stood a chance in the shootout. And he played both shots as well as any goalie could have.
Lu is horrible on shootouts. Doesn't challenge enough and has absolutely no poke check. Goalies with a poke check keep players from going in too close, which guys have free reign with Lu.
Closed Thread