REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #9576
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffhanger33 View Post
what do you mean who came up with it? Harry potter did...
I mean using it effectively as a hockey deke.
It was a rhetorical question anyway.

Advertisement
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 03-05-2013, 11:44 PM   #9577
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Teggie View Post
Why's everybody freaking out over a loss? You guys do realize there are 2 teams on the ice right? Had the Sharks lost tonight, they'd be in 8th, so they're battling for their playoff lives. It's almost a given no matter how well the Canucks do from now till game 48, they're gonna finish in 3rd. Something horrible has to happen for Minny or Edm to catch us. So everybody just chill and remember, there are no shoot outs in the playoffs.
What do you expect us to say then?

That everything is okay? Clearly it isn't...

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-05-2013, 11:44 PM   #9578
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Why's everybody freaking out over a loss? You guys do realize there are 2 teams on the ice right? Had the Sharks lost tonight, they'd be in 8th, so they're battling for their playoff lives. It's almost a given no matter how well the Canucks do from now till game 48, they're gonna finish in 3rd. Something horrible has to happen for Minny or Edm to catch us. So everybody just chill and remember, there are no shoot outs in the playoffs.
you think we're freaking out over this ONE loss????

The Sharks are battling for a playoff spot as hard as any other team. We're only 23 games into a 48 game season here...

And this isn't about whether we make the playoffs/win the division or whatever or not. It's about us playing like CRAP. You telling me you feel completely confident going into the playoffs with this team and the way they are currently playing???

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #9579

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
I usually don't panic and am fairly optimistic but...

- Minnesota is 3 pts behind us for the division lead; with the same amount of games played

- We have 3 wins in 10 games

- Our PP has been god awful lately

- Our top D guys are struggling

- Our strategy is getting so goddamn predictable and we never adjust

- Missing Kesler for 4-6 weeks and when playoffs roll around; it'll take him awhile to adjust to his same old deke thru 4 defenders, take a wrist shot that gets blocked

- We don't have a good puck moving defender and Garrison has been decent

- We don't have a 3rd line shutdown center

So yeah, you could say some of us are a BIT worried
Old 03-05-2013, 11:52 PM   #9580
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
Bottom line we don't look like the Stanley cup team that we once were and the window is closing fast.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2013, 12:00 AM   #9581
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

I know we have some injuries but I think the Canucks are playing terrible. The Shark's penalty killers were hurting but the Canucks (mostly Edler) just wouldn't fire the puck. Maybe it's time for a coaching change!
Old 03-06-2013, 12:04 AM   #9582
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
Bottom line we don't look like the Stanley cup team that we once were and the window is closing fast.
hate to say, but I think the window's already closed...
Simply cause we still look like a one line team, I have no more confidence in Kesler's durability/performance,
and no confidence in AV being a playoff coach (or maybe even a reg season coach anymore).

I'm not panicking cause I think we'll still pull it off to make it to the playoffs, but making it past 2nd round...
Old 03-06-2013, 12:16 AM   #9583
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
+1, once the Sedins stop producing and Kesler becomes an injury magnet. The team will be done. It will take years of rebuilding to become the cup contender that we were.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:16 AM   #9584
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Kesler will never be the same and AV continues to make questionable decisions.

The team lacks a top 6 winger, PMD and shutdown 3rd line centreman - unless we acquire these pieces, this team will not win a cup
Old 03-06-2013, 12:24 AM   #9585
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
David Booth will never be the same.

Thanks Florida, now you wanna hook up Shawn Mattias at the deadline?
Old 03-06-2013, 12:25 AM   #9586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
David Booth will never be the same.
He ought to stop focusing on hunting and God, and more on his career.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2013, 12:31 AM   #9587
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
According to TSN trade center: Our trade bait consist - Luongo/Schneider, Booth, Ballard, Raymond.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:30 AM   #9588
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
According to TSN trade center: Our trade bait consist - Luongo/Schneider, Booth, Ballard, Raymond.
LOL sounds like their source is revscene

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2013, 05:40 AM   #9589
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Theres no guarantee this year
Minny is 3points behind...
and if they catch up.. we drop to 9th
Old 03-06-2013, 05:48 AM   #9590
I don't get it

I've really disliked Raymond's style ever since he's been on the team but this year, even though I still think he falls way too much, I've been impressed.

I know he's always talked about as being trade bait but that Raymond-Hansen-Higgins line has been pretty awesome. Based on fan observation, it still feels like we need a good 2nd/3rd line center though.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #9591
Banned (ABWS)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot1 View Post
I know he's always talked about as being trade bait but that Raymond-Hansen-Higgins line has been pretty awesome. Based on fan observation, it still feels like we need a good 2nd/3rd line center though.
Any lines that are "clicking" for the Canucks aren't really worth talking about.
Because AV will split them up in a few games or so.
Only thing that's been consistent are the Sedins playing together,
but even then, AV did split them up before in the past.

AV's great at juggling lines...
Maybe he should practice using his timeouts now.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #9592
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
We played better last game. Could've gone either way. Sj is a good team. If we can adjust the powerplay and put garrison on the point with edler/bieksa then that would make a big difference. Booth needs to step it up though, he's been pretty invisible. On the brighter side, we play Minny 1x and cbj 2x on this road trip, should get at least 4 points out of it.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:04 AM   #9593
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Seeing how much better Hodgson's season has been in Buffalo, compared to Kassian after his great start, the Canucks better beware.

We lost Salo, Hodgson, and Manny.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #9594
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Found this on a different site, someone explaining fighting in hockey.

Quote:

In hockey, fighting isn't seen as a way to injure someone, like it would be in "real life". There is a code of sportsmanship in hockey that goes beyond the rules of the game. When that code is broken, players will square off against the offender in defense of themselves or a teammate. For instance, it's not a penalty to intentionally bump the goaltender after play is whistled dead, but occasionally someone will. This is viewed as especially unsportsmanlike, so one of the goaltender's teammates will pick a fight with the player who bumped him in order to impress that behavior like that won't be tolerated, even if there isn't a rule against it. Essentially, if another player is acting in such a way that is considered unsportsmanlike, he might be challenged to a fight by a member of the opposing team. A player might also choose to fight as a means to motivate his team, especially during high-tension and high-pressure situations, and especially in the playoffs.
The code of sportsmanship also extends to fighting itself. Fights are usually agreed to (sometimes in advance) by players involved, and only occur during play. Except in extenuating circumstances, players will not fight with someone with whom they are mismatched (a 6'3" 225lb player isn't going to fight a 5'11" 190lb player, unless the 5'11" guy initiates it), and the fight is over when either of the players loses his balance or the officials interfere.
Also, fighting is technically illegal and carries a 5-minute major penalty (5 minutes in the penalty box, team is down 1 skater on the ice unless both players get the same [offsetting] penalty, in which case the teams do not lose a skater), plus additional penalties for instigating (an extra 2 minutes, team is down 1 skater [5-on-4]) and game misconduct (player out rest of the game, team is not down a skater) should the fight occur when it's not agreeable to both players. Typically, a fight will result in offsetting 5-minute major penalties, the players involved sit in the penalty box for 5 minutes, and the teams carry on 5-on-5 as usual. Worst-case scenario is that one player unscrupulously picks a fight, gets a 5-minute major, a 2-minute instigation penalty, and a game misconduct so he can no longer play in that game, and his team has to send an additional player to the penalty box; the opposing player gets a 2-minute roughing penalty, which offsets the instigator, so play is 5-on-4 for 5 minutes. In the case of the example I gave above, it would likely be offsetting 5-minute majors with no instigator because the refs will view the bump into the goalie as a reason to start a fight.
TL;DR: Hockey has an unwritten code of sportsmanship and fights are part of that.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #9595
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Interesting stat - in last night's game, despite serving 2 minor penalties, Edler had 28:34 minutes of ice time. The next closest is Hamhuis at 23:29.

Edler did have 8 SOG though...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 03-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #9596
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Interesting stat - in last night's game, despite serving 2 minor penalties, Edler had 28:34 minutes of ice time. The next closest is Hamhuis at 23:29.

Edler did have 8 SOG though...
That hit the net. DT says he saw maybe 15 shots at least....
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #9597
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post
Found this on a different site, someone explaining fighting in hockey.
You needed all that to understand fighting in hockey?

Go look up the video of George Laraque mic'ed up during a game and asking guys to fight. That's all you need to know about fighting in hockey.

"You wanna go?"

"Yeah, let's go."

"Okay man, good luck."
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #9598
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Ugly hit in Swiss league, player is paralysed and may not walk again

Hockey sur glace: Ronny Keller pourra-t-il remarcher? «C'est du 50-50» - News Sports: Hockey sur glace - lematin.ch
Old 03-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #9599
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
^
Oh shit - I had the same reaction as the people in the stands.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 03-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #9600
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Oh wow. That was scary....
fml
Closed Thread