REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #9676
rebuild you say?
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,150
Thanked 3,532 Times in 1,172 Posts
^^ nope

btw
8 regulation wins in 23 games....

inb4 why are u panicking
Advertisement
__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #9677
Big Drama Show
 
jayare604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Goodboy Nation
Posts: 5,733
Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
PLEASE let this be sarcasm
lol what do you mean? Edler has been fucking terrible in his own zone in almost every game this season

brb, at least 3 turnovers every game
brb, letting a scrub dance around me
jayare604 is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #9678
In RS I Trust
 
murd0c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mission
Posts: 19,611
Thanked 16,830 Times in 3,952 Posts
I would rather the Canucks squeak into the playoffs this year rather then the walk in the park the past two years, look at the roll LA got on last year and thats something we need!!
murd0c is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #9679
.
 
jeedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,725
Thanked 5,416 Times in 2,087 Posts
Quote:
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline

#CBJ RW Derek Dorsett will miss the rest of the season with a fractured clavicle.
Andrew fucken ALBERTS did that
__________________
Buy/Sell FeedBack: (21-0-1)
jeedee is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #9680
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
keifun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: VANcity East
Posts: 3,107
Thanked 240 Times in 119 Posts
we better beat CBJ next week for payback!
keifun is online now  
Old 03-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #9681
rebuild you say?
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,150
Thanked 3,532 Times in 1,172 Posts
^^ ouch.. always bad to see a players season end that way

fun fact thursday.

special teams
20th ranked PP
18th ranked PK

22nd ranked faceoffs

64 GF, 63 GA

just stating facts

inb4 why u panic?
__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #9682
Big Drama Show
 
jayare604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Goodboy Nation
Posts: 5,733
Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Andrew fucken ALBERTS did that
gotta feel for the guy...actually, not really. He gets to sit home and get paid, rather than busting his ass playing on a shitty team
jayare604 is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #9683
(╯□)╯聽不到 ╮(□╮)
 
Tim Budong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Womb
Posts: 16,813
Thanked 10,865 Times in 2,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I would rather the Canucks squeak into the playoffs this year rather then the walk in the park the past two years, look at the roll LA got on last year and thats something we need!!
means they have to win the division title
another banner to fill the empty rafters hahaha


and saying edler with 3 turnovers again..thats an understatement
Tim Budong is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #9684
.
 
jeedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,725
Thanked 5,416 Times in 2,087 Posts
Fun fact of the day:

50% of the season is completed
__________________
Buy/Sell FeedBack: (21-0-1)
jeedee is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #9685
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,022
Thanked 17,637 Times in 5,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
lol what do you mean? Edler has been fucking terrible in his own zone in almost every game this season

brb, at least 3 turnovers every game
brb, letting a scrub dance around me
I admit I haven't watched as many games as usual this season. But it seems like whenever a player sucks, it's the coach's fault... Like seriously, what is AV supposed to do? Replace every player with an AHLer?

Every single time someone not named Sedin has a bad game, it's "too bad AV has a hardon for this guy"
SkinnyPupp is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #9686
I bringith the lowerballerith
 
H.Specter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: y
Posts: 1,199
Thanked 4,569 Times in 572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Fun fact of the day:

50% of the season is completed
H.Specter is online now  
Old 03-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #9687
rebuild you say?
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,150
Thanked 3,532 Times in 1,172 Posts
^^ lol.

I said AV has a hard-on for Edler because ITS TRUE, how many times has Edler fucked up this season? Yet he STILL gets a chance every single time.

Bench Edler for a game... serious. He's the only fucking defenseman on the team that has a negative +/- rating and he still averages the most ice time at 24 mins. Tanev has been our most consistent defenseman and and ONLY he averages a little over 17 minutes.
__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #9688
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
cressydrift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: surrey
Posts: 1,203
Thanked 2,719 Times in 392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
too late game was already over.

higgins lappierre hansen line looked good and should be untouch along with sedins and burrows
you mean higgins RAYMOND hansen
__________________
2014 Taco TRD
2006 3 GT
1993 Integra RS
1982 TE72
1988 5.0
1990 S13 Coupe
2006 Mazda B4000 4x4
1987 Ae86 Coupe
1988 Cressida Wagon
1985 Cressida 7m Swap
1987 Ae86 Hatch
1989 FC
cressydrift is offline  
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #9689
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
dinamix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,675
Thanked 598 Times in 231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
^^ nope

btw
8 regulation wins in 23 games....

inb4 why are u panicking
who cares. were still 1st in our division.

LA won the cup with the 8th seed.
__________________
:lol
dinamix is offline  
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #9690
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
punkwax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Surrey
Posts: 5,298
Thanked 4,197 Times in 1,318 Posts
LA won the Cup because of the moves the franchise made.. they were the hottest team going into the playoffs and rode that momentum steamrolling everyone on the way. I'm not saying its the way to the Cup, but they didn't scrape their way in without making changes..
__________________
If you drive like an asshole, you probably are one.
punkwax is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #9691
rebuild you say?
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,150
Thanked 3,532 Times in 1,172 Posts
after reading all of dinamix's posts in this thread the past two seasons, i've come up with the conclusion he is fucking stupid. (srs)

and to add to my point from earlier
one can say edler gets more icetime because he is used on the PP (fine), he averages about ~4 mins/game, Tanev in comparison ~10secs/game

but still edler averages 2 more minutes of icetime EV strength (17:34 vs 15:44)

again, our most consistent defenseman isn't getting the ice-time he deserves out there, who's to blame for that?

edler has been caught flat-footed out there many times, is it cause he's tired? is it cause his back will never be 100% and always in discomfort after the surgery? who knows
__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ

Last edited by Not really racist!; 03-07-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Not really racist! is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #9692
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
EmperorIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: home
Posts: 2,695
Thanked 3,676 Times in 808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
LA won the Cup because of the moves the franchise made.. they were the hottest team going into the playoffs and rode that momentum steamrolling everyone on the way. I'm not saying its the way to the Cup, but they didn't scrape their way in without making changes..
Caps shook things up too .. look where they are now and look where Anaheim is.
EmperorIS is online now  
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #9693
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
punkwax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Surrey
Posts: 5,298
Thanked 4,197 Times in 1,318 Posts
Hence my saying "I'm not saying its the way to the Cup"

I was just pointing out that an 8th seed team won the Cup due to the positive changes that were made pre-post season. They didn't scrape their way in and get lucky. They were hot.
__________________
If you drive like an asshole, you probably are one.

Last edited by punkwax; 03-07-2013 at 08:30 PM.
punkwax is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #9694
Banned (ABWS)?
 
AzNightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 16,919
Thanked 2,133 Times in 1,027 Posts
LA isn't a very good example, because despite their position in the standings, their team was relatively stacked,
plus they were red hot going into the playoffs.

But one can hope...
__________________
__________________________________________________
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is online now  
Old 03-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #9695
.
 
jeedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,725
Thanked 5,416 Times in 2,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
is it cause his back will never be 100% and always in discomfort after the surgery? who knows
Don't forget he was injured before the lockout ended and didn't have time to train/go overseas to play.
__________________
Buy/Sell FeedBack: (21-0-1)
jeedee is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #9696
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
dinamix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,675
Thanked 598 Times in 231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
^^ lol.

I said AV has a hard-on for Edler because ITS TRUE, how many times has Edler fucked up this season? Yet he STILL gets a chance every single time.

Bench Edler for a game... serious. He's the only fucking defenseman on the team that has a negative +/- rating and he still averages the most ice time at 24 mins. Tanev has been our most consistent defenseman and and ONLY he averages a little over 17 minutes.
you're an idiot. why would you bench our best defenseman for 1 game?

He plays against the opposings teams top line every fuckin game. Thats not a easy task. You make vancouver fans look bad.
__________________
:lol
dinamix is offline  
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #9697
Big Drama Show
 
jayare604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Goodboy Nation
Posts: 5,733
Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamix View Post
you're an idiot. why would you bench our best defenseman for 1 game?

He plays against the opposings teams top line every fuckin game. Thats not a easy task. You make vancouver fans look bad.
lol pls fucking go
jayare604 is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #9698
(╯□)╯聽不到 ╮(□╮)
 
Tim Budong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Womb
Posts: 16,813
Thanked 10,865 Times in 2,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinamix View Post
you're an idiot. why would you bench our best defenseman for 1 game?

He plays against the opposings teams top line every fuckin game. Thats not a easy task. You make vancouver fans look bad.
Because he hasn't been playing like a no1

Its that simple
Tim Budong is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #9699
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Mike Oxbig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,143
Thanked 2,533 Times in 904 Posts
Edler's back still have problems, he admit he might never be 100% ever again. Maybe he played through injury to push for $$$$.


LA won with 8th seed because they played in the toughest division last year. Everyone knew they were Cup contenders 'on paper'. We all know who the real LA kings are when they gear up. They were lazy during regular season because once they made it to the playoff they knew how much damage they can do. Mike Richards arrival gave them confidence.

I watched the 2012 LA kings championship DVD, it was a happy ending
Mike Oxbig is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #9700
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
punkwax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Surrey
Posts: 5,298
Thanked 4,197 Times in 1,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
Because he hasn't been playing like a no1

Its that simple
No, it isn't that simple.

You don't bench your top tier dmen or forwards. You bench those who will fight harder for secondary positions. Ya they might make mistakes but the positives far outweigh the negatives so in the long run you're good..

For the record, I agree that Edler has been fucking up. But you don't bench the guy who is behind only the Sedins, Burrows and Hamhuis in points.
__________________
If you drive like an asshole, you probably are one.

Last edited by punkwax; 03-07-2013 at 09:46 PM.
punkwax is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net