REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   NHL IS BACK! The Official 2012/2013 Canucks & NHL Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/669494-nhl-back-official-2012-2013-canucks-nhl-thread.html)

EmperorIS 04-22-2013 01:21 PM

I want this face on my NHL 14

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_as...lap_medium.jpg

trancehead 04-22-2013 01:42 PM

http://www.nwsportsbeat.com/wp-conte...ll-630x596.jpg

Soundy 04-22-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trancehead (Post 8219380)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ollapierre.png

murd0c 04-22-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TPMarko (Post 8219368)
here's hoping the canucks AHL farm can be moved to the city shared with the giants at PNE.

That would be sick

kwy 04-22-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8219364)
It's a very nice looking modern house with lots of naturl light.... How can it not be impressive? he doesn't need to spend 50mill on a house I personally think 4mill is a good price for a star athlete.

That house is sick..it would cost a whole hell of a lot than 4mil if it was in Vancouver..

pastarocket 04-22-2013 02:25 PM

-gotta love Luongo's sense of humour from his tweets.
:lawl:

Kesler gets served with Lu's tweet. Hmmm, did Kesler's Dad really say this to his son?

Ryan Kesler ‏@Ryan_Kesler 2h Man who thinks big positive can conquer world! Man who thinks small will always b little fish in big pond & probably has small dick #dadquote

Strombone ‏@strombone1 1h @Ryan_Kesler sorry about your penis.......

MindBomber 04-22-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 8219365)
News1130 Sports @News1130Sports
City of Abbotsford confirm that AHL Abbotsford Heat will play in Abbotsford 2013-14 season. #AHL #abbotsfordheat

edit:

Quote:

Both of the parties which run the Heat – the Flames, who own the team and handle the hockey operations, and Fraser Valley Sports and Entertainment (FVSE), which manages the business side – were willing to step aside and make room for the Canucks.
Quote:

"From my perspective, I thought it was an easy thing to do, because both parties were interested in having it done," he said. "I think the Canucks were interested in having their development team 65 kilometres away, and I think the city was interested in having a lease without a supply fee. Why or how it didn't get done, I don't know.
Quote:

Banman declined to delve into specifics of negotiations with the Canucks, but said they did not request a supply fee agreement similar to the one that the Heat have with the city.
http://www.abbynews.com/news/204174211.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8219391)
That would be sick

I think this is unlikely. The Giants, Rivermen, and Heat would cannibalize one anothers' ticket sales operating within such close proximity. The only cities on the West Coast I see the Rivermen moving to are Seattle or Victoria should the Heat stay.

also,
Quote:

additionally, Canucks assistant GM Laurence Gilman said in a radio interview on Team 1040 on Wednesday that he was on the East Coast "looking at some potential alternatives or places for us to locate our farm team once we complete the purchase of the Peoria Rivermen."

bballguy 04-22-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8219364)
It's a very nice looking modern house with lots of naturl light.... How can it not be impressive? he doesn't need to spend 50mill on a house I personally think 4mill is a good price for a star athlete.

I didn't say it's not a nice place, I just said I don't find it impressive.....Most of my friends have similar looking houses, and thus, I don't find it all that impressive, since my friends aren't exactly star athletes....That said, I guess NHL players don't make nearly as much as the athletes in the other major sports...

UFO 04-22-2013 02:57 PM

probably because flames wanted too much money to leave, from canucks and from Abby. Flames have absolutely nothing to gain from moving away with the sweet agreement they have with Abby. Sure the flames were willing to step aside for the canucks, for the right price.
Posted via RS Mobile

JesseBlue 04-22-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaupunkt69 (Post 8219304)
Tough choices:

JVR - mobile for his size and able to park himself infront of the net but goes for stretches without scoring. Playoff performance could win my vote (even if its too late by then).

Lupul has been my favourite and is easily the best on the team when healthy but he has missed half the season.

Alternate choices:
Phaneuf - possible Norris candidate this season
Kadri - having a huge season but the cover vote could go to his head
Kessel - quietly earning a ppg playing a more complete game: top 5 in assists, backchecking, getting into scrums.
Reimer - Noberto Noungo

I'm leaning towards Kessel since Phaneuf has been on the cover before.

ummm no...one miracle for the leafs a year is enough...

spideyv2 04-22-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballguy (Post 8219433)
I didn't say it's not a nice place, I just said I don't find it impressive.....Most of my friends have similar looking houses, and thus, I don't find it all that impressive, since my friends aren't exactly star athletes....That said, I guess NHL players don't make nearly as much as the athletes in the other major sports...

lol o ok

UFO 04-22-2013 03:32 PM

How could this possibly not be the face of NHL 14?

http://www.windsorstar.com/cms/binar...g?size=640x420

punkwax 04-22-2013 03:45 PM

Hahaha. Kassian would be awesome on the cover one day. Let's hope he becomes the player we catch a glimpse of from time to time.

falcon 04-22-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballguy (Post 8219348)
^it's nice, but not that impressive....not for a star athlete anyway....

Just shows you where his priorities are. You don't need a big giant house for status when you have status as a top NHL player in the league. That house would be more than would ever see myself needing even if I had a spare 100mil sitting in the bank.

Typical Vancouverite views...

TPMarko 04-22-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8219414)
-gotta love Luongo's sense of humour from his tweets.
:lawl:

Kesler gets served with Lu's tweet. Hmmm, did Kesler's Dad really say this to his son?

Ryan Kesler ‏@Ryan_Kesler 2h Man who thinks big positive can conquer world! Man who thinks small will always b little fish in big pond & probably has small dick #dadquote

Strombone ‏@strombone1 1h @Ryan_Kesler sorry about your penis.......

kesler's response...

Quote:

“@strombone1: @Ryan_Kesler sorry about your penis.......” Hahaha jus remember to get my water and Gatorade after every shift.

bballguy 04-22-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcon (Post 8219484)
Just shows you where his priorities are. You don't need a big giant house for status when you have status as a top NHL player in the league. That house would be more than would ever see myself needing even if I had a spare 100mil sitting in the bank.

Typical Vancouverite views...

Sure, it COULD mean he's got his priorities elsewhere....but a nice house doesn't necessarily equate to someone WANTING to have a high status...Are you saying everyone that gets a house that I would find 'impressive' does it for status?...Maybe they enjoy having lavish things that do far exceed the average person's 'needs' and instead meet his 'wants' instead....It's called having a higher standard of living - doesn't necessarily go hand-in-hand with how one wants their status to be....

AzNightmare 04-22-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballguy (Post 8219433)

o ok, Hyde.
Posted via RS Mobile

bballguy 04-22-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNightmare (Post 8219497)
o ok, Hyde.
Posted via RS Mobile

o ok

kristianhay 04-22-2013 04:30 PM

Why are you guys even arguing about this? He doesn't think the house is that great, you do - so be it. Move on, it's a matter of opinion, not fact. This is the NHL/Canucks thread after all, not real estate.

murd0c 04-22-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballguy (Post 8219496)
Sure, it COULD mean he's got his priorities elsewhere....but a nice house doesn't necessarily equate to someone WANTING to have a high status...Are you saying everyone that gets a house that I would find 'impressive' does it for status?...Maybe they enjoy having lavish things that do far exceed the average person's 'needs' and instead meet his 'wants' instead....It's called having a higher standard of living - doesn't necessarily go hand-in-hand with how one wants their status to be....

Do you have to argue about every topic? I swear since you have been posting all of this BS these days we aint even having hockey talk anymore...

iwantaskyline 04-22-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TPMarko (Post 8219489)
kesler's response...

Always got that feeling these two never got a long. Especially after Kesler's quotes at the Olympics.

spideyv2 04-22-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwantaskyline (Post 8219513)
Always got that feeling these two never got a long. Especially after Kesler's quotes at the Olympics.

Lol yeah, Kesler's response was a bit of a low low
Posted via RS Mobile

murd0c 04-22-2013 04:43 PM

They do shower together maybe Kes doesn't pack that much heat lol

bballguy 04-22-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8219508)
Do you have to argue about every topic? I swear since you have been posting all of this BS these days we aint even having hockey talk anymore...

Are you stupid? I simply put up my opinion on the fucking house, and you turn and start arguing with my OPINION....yet you are saying I am starting arguments...Are you REALLY that dumb?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristianhay (Post 8219505)
Why are you guys even arguing about this? He doesn't think the house is that great, you do - so be it. Move on, it's a matter of opinion, not fact. This is the NHL/Canucks thread after all, not real estate.

Holy shit, eh, can't say shit in this thread without some particular guys getting completely butthurt about it....

Noir 04-22-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballguy (Post 8219348)
^it's nice, but not that impressive....not for a star athlete anyway....

You mean, the same athletes that file for bankruptcy once their careers are done? :)

Because you know... that's a whole lot more common than you think.