REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 07:11 PM   #9926
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post
If Stepan Weiss doesn't resign with the Panthers, should the Canucks kick the tires? He's coming off wrist surgery, but he's been pretty consistent through the years and a lead by example type player.

Coming out of a contract year and having season ending surgery, his value won't be as high.
How does Booth Garrison and Ballard look so far on our team? No more Florida Panther experience.
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #9927
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
lol at this attempt

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #9928
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Id take that over burrows attempt anyday..lol
Old 03-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #9929
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
I wonder should Burrows actually try his attempt again.
It was actually deemed a legal move, and it hit the post.

The thing with Daugavins' move is that any goalie that has seen this move can probably expect it
since he reveals it as soon as he places his stick on the puck like that.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 03-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #9930
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

It's a cool move, creative. Only problem is the goalie knows that he won't be able to get the puck up off the ice, so he just has to seal off the ice and stay strong post to post. Rask actually gave up a ton of space 5 hole as he was reaching to the far post.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:35 PM   #9931
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
love the attempt
Old 03-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #9932
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Somebody played ringette

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 03-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #9933
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post
If Stepan Weiss doesn't resign with the Panthers, should the Canucks kick the tires? He's coming off wrist surgery, but he's been pretty consistent through the years and a lead by example type player.

Coming out of a contract year and having season ending surgery, his value won't be as high.
You know the Canucks will. This is how the phone convo between MG and Tallon will go.

RING RING

MG: Mike Gillis speaking, the winner of the GM of the year award in 2010 2011!
DT: Gilley! It's Dale from the Sunshine state!
MG: What do you want?
DT: I got some good shit for ya man!
MG: Hmm, I dunno, you kinda ripped me of with Ballard and Booth
DT: What you talking about? Booth is a power forward capable of scoring 30 goals! And Ballard, well umm uhh, you got me there. He sucks. But check it out, you can have Stephen fucking Weiss man!
MG: Hmmm, Weiss eh?
DT: Damn rights! He's also capable of scoring 30 a year!
MG: Wait a min! He's never scored 30 in a year! His best is 28!
DT: That's cuz he's not playing with the correct players, picture this Mikey, Weiss centering.......the twins!
MG: But Hank is a center
DT: Don't matter! Someone as talented as Hank, you can move him to the wing! Trust me, it can't fail!
MG: Hmm, all right. What's this gonna cost me?
DT: Happy you asked, and less than you think. We all know the fans of Vancouver hate Kassian cuz he was traded for your beloved Cody...
MG: Oh just him! Deal!
DT: Oh no, lemme finish. Only Kassian and Schroeder. We all know your coach don't play rookies. So what do you say Mike? I'll even throw in a 9th rounder to sweeten the pot.
MG: Hmm. Deal. But wait, isn't Weiss injur..
DT: Click
Old 03-12-2013, 12:14 AM   #9934
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
If the Canucks are able to. Should pick up Brian Campbell instead. Instant pp offence. Garrison would have the passer who helped him with 16 goals.

Just place two big guys in front of the net. Maybe sesttito and Weise.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #9935
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
That sounds like an awful powerplay unit
Old 03-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #9936

All this Offensive D man talk will lead us no where but entertaining hockey and sell out crowd. Never will a cup.

Need physical "cant fuck with luongo" type D man to clear the net!
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2013, 01:42 AM   #9937
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
I think Kesler not producing hurt us the most. Kesler was a key part in trading and building the team around on the second line and without Kesler that just falls apart. Now we got a bunch of grunts with no finesse trying to play an over used system that AV dictates
Guy has a good year and scores 41 goals. It's never happening again. Just because of that one year there are so many unrealistic expectations being put on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
Some interesting comments from the players. Obviously they know something is wrong, and obviously they're frustrated.

From Daniel:

Booth:

Sounds to me like the guys don't feel the systems that they're using are working anymore. IE: the systems that AV is implementing and not changing/adapting. You don't often hear the Sedins come out publicly and express their frustration, so I think that's something to pay attention to.
I distinctly remember myself saying this a while back and few were in agreement. AV is a one trick pony. His roster makes him look much better than he actually his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
Backes would of been fuckin awesome

AV not utilizing his players in ways that they're most effective must be the story of the season, its gotten to the point where I'm not even frustrated anymore..

Laissez-faire and it'll be alright... right?

#AVLogic
Lets call Schroeder up and bury him on the 4th line with Weise and Sestito in a checking role! Oh what should we give this kid a chance? All right let's play him on the first line powerplay... on the point! Didn't work out? Send the kid back down to the AHL and we'll try the 30 year old career AHLer Andrew Ebbett again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Oh yeah. Cause all the best coaches in history just chewed gum and did nothing hoping that their team would figure stuff out on their own.

Are you talking about this losing streak?

Alex Burrows Shorthanded Goal - Turning Point of the Canucks 08-09 Season - YouTube

Otherwise known as "the goal that saved Alain Vigneault."

The reason the Canucks have been so successful is because we have/had the most talented and deepest team we've ever had.

This team would've done just as well, if not better, with a different coach.

AV was a great coach for this team when we lacked depth and offensive firepower and could play a defensive system that relied on Luongo playing in Vezina form every night.

However he can't coach an offensive or counter-attack based game to save his life, and his ability to adapt or apply strategy in-game is atrocious.

He has one strategy. Sit back and defend the lead. How many time's have we seen being up a goal or two, and seeing the other team comeback and win? That's all he knows, that's all he wants to know.

AV isn't a motivational coach, many players have said that his speeches are mostly to the tune of "Okay guys, you know what to do, now go out there and do it."

He shows no emotion whatsoever, which can be seen as "keeping your cool" but in many times it simply comes across as a lack of intensity/investment. We get scored on multiple times in short spurts, and the guy doesn't take a timeout to calm the boys down.

Sure you can say he won the Jack Adams for "best coach" but that's a regular season award, just like the Presidents Trophy (heh). It doesn't mean shit in the playoffs. When was the last time a Jack Adams award winner led his team to the final and won the cup? Tortorella in 04?

AV hasn't coached this team to success, rather he's ridden their talent to success. In many cases, his coaching has actually held the team back.

Between the garbage Power Play AND Penalty Kill, the defensive pairings AND lines that get mixed up more often than Raymond falls on the ice, and the constant man-crushes on useless plugs that end up taking away ice time from more useful players, I don't see how anyone can logically defend the guy.

Meh, guess I should just go smoke a j and relax

/2 cents
Had the Canucks lost Round 1 Game 7 against the Blackhawks in 2011 I'm sure it would've cost AV his job. They were lucky to be on top at the end of that series. Lets see how long he can sit young players and play strictly veterans until him and Gillis get fired.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #9938
My homepage has been set to RS

Some more fruit for thought on the coaching. Schroeder, arguably more offensively minded, draws out so Ebbet can play in between Hansen and Raymond. Schroeder was playing bad, yes, but Ebbet is just terrible.

Quote:
Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks
AV: Ebbett will start tonight on a line with Raymond and Hansen. Higgins will be between Booth and Kassian.
Looks like KB4 is riding the pine again. It really disgusts me that AV chooses to play Alberts over Ballard. Furthermore, Barker gets instant PP time while Ballard never gets the chance to play on it. Just boggles my mind.

Quote:
AV: No Bieksa tonight. Barker likely to draw in on D and play on the PP.

Jason Botchford ‏@botchford
Looks like Ballard out, and barker in

Jason Botchford ‏@botchford
Bieksa not ready to play. Barker expected to be on power play if he does indeed replace Ballard in lineup

Last edited by kristianhay; 03-12-2013 at 08:12 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #9939

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
AV: Ebbett will start tonight on a line with Raymond and Hansen. Higgins will be between Booth and Kassian.
Ebbett slots in between Raymond and Hansen. Interesting...the same wingers Schroeder did really well with, who was demoted to the 4th with Sesito and Weise, then the AHL for Ebbett lol....................

Quote:
AV: No Bieksa tonight. Barker likely to draw in on D and play on the PP.
The savior Cam Barker has arrived to get rid of this horrific PP lol..................................

I think I've said enough about AV lately
Old 03-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #9940
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

What the hell goes on in AVs head ?

Demotes Schroeder to play with Weise and Sesito and never gives him
the chance to play with Raymond and Hansen again but Ebett, the AHL journeyman, gets the chance immediately ..

Poor Ballard too.. Getting scratched by friggin Alberts and Barker cause our coach is a moron
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #9941
misfortune cookie (V)

Thanked 2,716 Times in 422 Posts
wtf AV

Last edited by LsquareD on 00-00-0000 at 00:00 PM
Old 03-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #9942
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by van19 View Post
What the hell goes on in AVs head ?

Demotes Schroeder to play with Weise and Sesito and never gives him
the chance to play with Raymond and Hansen again but Ebett, the AHL journeyman, gets the chance immediately ..

Poor Ballard too.. Getting scratched by friggin Alberts and Barker cause our coach is a moron
Posted via RS Mobile
Alberts and Barker are bigger than Ballard. Can't blame AV for wanting some size on the D. I'm a huge Ballard fan but I think it's good for Barker and Alberts to get some games in before the playoffs(if we make it in )
Old 03-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #9943
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
JS was getting wasted on the 4th line anyways... better for his development to have top-line minutes in Chicago

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 03-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #9944
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
JS was getting wasted on the 4th line anyways... better for his development to have top-line minutes in Chicago
I agree! He got manhandled on Minny's 4th goal. He looked like a boy playing a man's sport.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #9945

AV's job is on the line tonight, if not then :
Old 03-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #9946
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #9947
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Are you serious???? Look 7 posts above you..lol
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #9948
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
im losing my patience
Old 03-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #9949
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
If we lose tonight to CBJ, I'm going on the fire AV and get another coaching team bandwagon.

I know that we've been spoiled in past years with a really good team where winning was the norm but this is getting outrageous. If you can't control your team, you've clearly lost touch of it.

The only way to turn that around and getting in a new coach that will kick some ass and hold players accountable. AV is so nonchalant even with the loses that I can't imagine the team is taking him seriously.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
This post thanked by:
Old 03-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #9950

What if Luongo wants AV to get fired for benching him or knowing he will still be benched rest of the season. So he loses tonight...

Booth and Kassian has good chemistry going lately, if only Kesler didn't get injured we would be seeing something. Both wingers can shoot the puck and needs a passer. Ribero?
Closed Thread