REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:57 AM   #101
iceboy & saucywoman are my parents!

Thanked 1,770 Times in 445 Posts
daaaamn, all that time wasted when the "true" winner for all those races should've gotten the credit instead of this guy

on the side note,

Advertisement
[23-07, 02:53] LSF22 the guy who i just saw had like 5 or 6 cars on his lawn needs a ride

[07-10, 15:42] nabs tbails14 = the legend continues

[27-10, 19:44] slickrick (to ts14) NO NOT THE EXHAUST

[07-10, 22:42] Ri2 If I had a real one I'd fap til it turns blue probably

[05-01, 16:24] Geoc ts you're a never ending inspiration for the inner buddy guy in all of us
ts14 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-24-2012, 08:58 AM   #102
WOAH...shut the music off...

Thanked 4,701 Times in 1,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
I have no emotional attachment to Armstrong, cycling, doping, his charities, or cancer. Im simply offering an other side of the coin perspective.

Hell, Im as certain he cheated as you guys saying he did are. But like you, I don't have any solid proof he did.

As for him 'giving up his fight' its like if you're getting bullied and told you're gay every day for 13 years and every day you say "no Im not" After a while you just get tired of defending yourself and find new people to hang out with or make a youtube video or whatever.
that summed it up pretty well

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Okay, explain to me the 11 testimonies from his former teammates? His relationship with a doctor known for assisting athletes in doping? Why risk that? He lost a nut not a brain.
i can't explain anything, i can only make assumptions b/c i don't know these guys. even if you told me who they were, i'd have to wiki them to find out who they are...maybe that's part of it...lance is "the man" and they're joe blow...but that's not a defense and to me in this situation that's not enough for a decision, only enough to spark a proper investigation.

what i do know is that if i was in a sport and everyone around me fingered me for doping...i would pray to God that whatever athletic commission is responsible for governing the sport would conduct the standard medical tests and if i passed i would be innocent and "free". if i failed then punish me as per the regulations within the sport. i'm not saying the guy is innocent, Rrxtar pretty much summed up the situation on how i saw it.

someone posted earlier asking if this thing will go before the US legal system...a part of me kind of wants to see that happen so we can close the doors for good on this and go through the scientific evidence to get the official Yes or No and move on with it.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #103
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

so, if he was on testosterone replacement therapy (because he's missing his nut, less test being made blah blah blah

would that be ok? even tho its a banned substance? all he would be doing was bringing himself to level with a normal dudes test levels
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #104
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
In most sports, hormone replacement therapy is allowed providing the athlete has a prescription. Funny thing, there seem to be a lot of MMA fighters in need of HRT *suspicious*. However, the athlete needs to test within normal testosterone levels in order to be allowed to compete.
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #105
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Yawn
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:06 AM   #106
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 8,016 Times in 2,084 Posts
Pretty damn shameless...

Now THIS is a finely-honed troll move. Over the weekend, the above photo showed up in Lance Armstrong's Twitter feed, accompanied by the message "Back in Austin and just layin' around ... "

Armstrong is, of course, reclining oh-so-casually in front of the seven Tour de France jerseys he won. Those jerseys represent the seven Tour de France victories that the International Cycling Union stripped from him following the investigation and documentation of what the United States Anti-Doping Agency called "the most sophisticated, professionalized and successful doping program that sport has ever seen." Armstrong was also served with a lifetime ban from cycling events overseen by the USADA, and his 2000 Olympic bronze medal is now under investigation.

Now, obviously the UCI wasn't going to come into Armstrong's house and yank the jerseys off his walls. (The International Olympic Committee could be a different story. They have ordered disgraced medalists to surrender their medals in the past.) But even though Armstrong has removed the Tour de France victories from his Twitter profile, he's clearly not relinquishing the titles in the public eye.

Not exactly the most humble move, but then, not much that Armstrong does could ever be considered "humble." Clearly, there are more jabs yet to be thrown in this fight.

-Follow Jay Busbee on Twitter at @jaybusbee.-

[Photo via Mobli.]
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2012, 01:11 AM   #107
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
... Clearly, there are more jabs yet to be thrown in this fight.
Tired to fight allegations my ass.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:30 AM   #108
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!

Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
Pretty damn shameless...

awesome
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2012, 03:25 AM   #109
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,811 Times in 1,740 Posts
Anyone watch documentary The World According to Lance? They talk to a lot of his teammates and competitors. Some who claim they saw him use drugs. It's a good watch.

Here is the full video: http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/Shows...ID/2297761114/

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #110
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Tired to fight allegations my ass.
So tired he has to lie down and take a quick power nap
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #111
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Bringing this back up.

LOS ANGELES -- Lance Armstrong has agreed to a tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey where he will address allegations that he used performance-enhancing drugs during his cycling career.

The show will air at 9 p.m. EST on Jan. 17 on OWN and Oprah.com.

Lance Armstrong to address doping charges in Oprah interview | CTV News

He might finally fess up.
cunninglinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:07 PM   #112
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,663 Times in 1,009 Posts

If YOU were Armstrong, what possible benefit AT ALL would you have admitting to doping on the Oprah show.

He's going to lay low and stfu for the rest of his life, probably much more well off than any of us lol
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #113
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
^^they said on the radio that admitting guilt might actually improve things for him.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #114
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,663 Times in 1,009 Posts
Really? Did they explain how?
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #115
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,410 Times in 521 Posts
If he admitted to cheating 10yrs ago, I think most people would forgive him and focus on the positives he has done (Livestrong) with his life. At this stage, the only reason he would admit cheating is because he has absolutely no choice.

Hard to respect him after all the shit he put his accuser's through.....he is getting what he deserves.....he could have been Mark Mcgwire, but he is Barry Bond's now........
16 Audi Q3 Technik Pkg (S Line)
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #116
Banned By Establishment

^^I think it had to do with actually being able to put it behind him. Being able to say, "yes, I did it" get your slap on the wrist, take your asterisk on the record and move forward. I wasn't listening overly closely, but the jist of it was that because it hasn't been dealt with, its still hanging over his head, so no one wants to touch him.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #117

Are their legal implications for him if he admits guilt on the show?
Old 01-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #118

Quote:
REPORT: ARMSTRONG TO ADMIT TO DOPING IN OPRAH INTERVIEW

Disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong appears ready to admit to doping during his famed career.

According to USA Today, Armstrong will confess during his interview next week with Oprah Winfrey.

Armstrong was stripped of his seven Tour de France titles in October.

More details to follow.
Report: Armstrong to admit to doping in Oprah interview
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #119
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post
Are their legal implications for him if he admits guilt on the show?
They hauled baseball in front of a senate committee, so I'm assuming anything is possible.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #120
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
I imagine he feels infuriated with all the idiots who choose to overlook the simple facts that EVERYONE was fucking doping! If I was him I'd just come out and admit it, "Yea I doped.... we ALL doped, making it a level playing field... and I STILL beat them all... also later on with one nut as well for good measure"

This is kinda like people who look at a gym rat and go, "Oh yea, well he's on 'roids that's why he's big" like really ? you think that's it, the guy just sticks a needle in his ass and it's what makes him who/what he is ?
it can't be the relentless hours in his environment, the dedication to his craft, the mental strength and fortitude right ?? oh no it can't be that...
Old 01-13-2013, 01:39 AM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
I imagine he feels infuriated with all the idiots who choose to overlook the simple facts that EVERYONE was fucking doping! If I was him I'd just come out and admit it, "Yea I doped.... we ALL doped, making it a level playing field... and I STILL beat them all... also later on with one nut as well for good measure"

This is kinda like people who look at a gym rat and go, "Oh yea, well he's on 'roids that's why he's big" like really ? you think that's it, the guy just sticks a needle in his ass and it's what makes him who/what he is ?
it can't be the relentless hours in his environment, the dedication to his craft, the mental strength and fortitude right ?? oh no it can't be that...
Unless he can prove every damn cyclist in his era doped just like him then no, he can't justify it whatsoever. I highly doubt each and every one of the Tour De France athletes doped anyway.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #122

Then you must not know the sport of cycling very well. You know the Tour de Delta/White Rock/ Gas town? Nearly all (not saying every single person but a high majority) are on something, and that's pro/am stuff. Small time. Step up to the Tour and you can be sure they are on something..

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #123
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
I'm damn near 100% sure that's the real life scenario. If that was the story he told from the beginning, then he wouldn't be in the mess he's in today. Except he was adamant that he was 100% clean, as far as his testing could tell. When everybody called him out on it it goes beyond jealousy and haters--he had only 1 nut for crying out loud! But then he wouldn't have held 7 Tour titles until they were stripped away, wouldn't have reaped the endorsement money from his success, etc etc.

After he admits his guilt, he'll pay his dues, people will forget and forgive him.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #124
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
What you guys think he's gonna do on Oprah though ?

Last edited by G-spec; 01-13-2013 at 07:02 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #125
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Sorry I haven't read the passed post, but in the end because of him, half a billion $ was put into cancer research eh. Priceless
Posted via RS Mobile
beproud is offline   Reply With Quote