REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2012, 11:04 AM   #76
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
sonick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Revscene
Posts: 8,293
Thanked 5,999 Times in 1,924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5-S View Post
How do you know so much about her? CREEP. You must be one of those crazy psychopathic stalkers that breaks into celebs houses to do disgusting god forsaken things.
He's actually her gay roommate

Advertisement
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyxx View Post
Sonick is a genius. I won't go into detail what's so great about his post. But it's damn good!
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #77
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 5,378
Thanked 435 Times in 189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Plenty of successful men date/marry dumb, dense, shallow women who accomplish nothing with their lives except look hot, spread their legs, and spend her husbands' money.

That gives them status. One of the girls I dated 2 years or so ago was so hot, that everywhere we went together men would stop and stare, fall down, and act ridiculous around her. She was completely psycho and on a high dose of effexor. She was perfect.
Jason00S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #78
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
sonick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Revscene
Posts: 8,293
Thanked 5,999 Times in 1,924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason00S2000 View Post
That gives them status. One of the girls I dated 2 years or so ago was so hot, that everywhere we went together men would stop and stare, fall down, and act ridiculous around her. She was completely psycho and on a high dose of effexor. She was perfect.
Read your post again, you said women who ACCOMPLISH something, not status.

Stop adding conditions to your arguments when each of them gets shot down.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyxx View Post
Sonick is a genius. I won't go into detail what's so great about his post. But it's damn good!
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #79
My homepage has been set to RS
 
drunkrussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,308
Thanked 825 Times in 341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5-S View Post
How do you know so much about her? CREEP. You must be one of those crazy psychopathic stalkers that breaks into celebs houses to do disgusting god forsaken things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
He's actually her gay roommate

hahahah actually all i know about her consists entirely of a single 5 minute interview on a talk show and a single reading of her wikipedia entry right afterwards. Only reason i actually remember anything is because i was surprised that her background was similar to mine. Oh, also cause she's hot as hell.

The fact that from 10 mins of watching and reading about a person, i am able to disprove half of jason's points leads me to believe that actually KNOWING her would disprove the rest of his generic assumptions as well hahaha
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #80
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 5,378
Thanked 435 Times in 189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Read your post again, you said women who ACCOMPLISH something, not status.

Stop adding conditions to your arguments when each of them gets shot down.

Hey man, you're right. Women don't marry up at all, and men don't tend to look for women of distinction.

I'm totally wrong. Society doesn't align itself along socio-economic lines, or any sort of expectations, such as, the woman being taller. Indeed, it's a generalization to say that women prefer men to be taller, because I can think of a few couples I've known that the man was shorter.

In fact, I'm going to tweet to Mila and ask her all about her roommate and what she likes to do in her spare time, and see if I can get a date. After all, she wants to date online, so if I send her tweets randomly as a complete stranger, she's not going to judge me as anything less important than if I was a friend of Brad Pitt's that she met at a party.

Anyone who thinks that status matters is living in the past, we live in a post-status culture.
Jason00S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #81
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: burnaby
Posts: 89
Thanked 21 Times in 14 Posts
Your argument baffles me. You just said that being hot gives a person status. I'll assume that you think being rich can be considered status too. Are you implying everyone in this thread is ugly,fat and poor? Because you said she wouldn't date anyone in this thread because of their "status"

Quote:
After all, she wants to date online, so if I send her tweets randomly as a complete stranger, she's not going to judge me as anything less important than if I was a friend of Brad Pitt's that she met at a party.
I'm pretty sure if you did that to any girl, she'd deem you as less important than a mutual friend.

Last edited by trix4kids; 07-06-2012 at 11:35 AM. Reason: clarifications
trix4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #82
My homepage has been set to RS
 
drunkrussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,308
Thanked 825 Times in 341 Posts
^no no, but if i marry someone of a higher status than me i will instantly become of a higher status just due to the marriage. Therefore if i were to marry someone of a higher status i will also become less fat and ugly because looks and status are directly correlated.

Goodbye diets and exercise, hello marriage!
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #83
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 5,378
Thanked 435 Times in 189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trix4kids View Post
I'm pretty sure if you did that to any girl, she'd deem you as less important than a mutual friend.
The difference is, it's easy to find hot chicks who are mutual friends of friends to sleep with, but it would be tough to start dating high status women like Mila without being high status yourself to get into the social circles necessary to meet them.

Ulic said earlier that Jessica hung out with the crew, but married her co-star. As if she was going to end up dating a PA.

Look, I'm not saying you're all fat ugly Honda nerds, which would be ironic considering my username, but rather, the obstacles in your way in even communicating with or meeting Mila are astronomically large. I can click on a friend of mine's profile and have access to like 300+ of her hot friends, indeed, I have used social networking to hook up quite a bit.

Do you have any high-status women on your Facebook, or have the emails and twitters of any high-status women? Maybe you guys should start asking them out and posting the results. Tweet to Rihanna and ask her out on a date? Maybe you could write an eBook about it and self-publish it.



Now, banging higher status women, that is a whole different story. Getting down rotten with the sex is something that spreads even across all social strata.
Jason00S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #84
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,777
Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason00S2000 View Post
The difference is, it's easy to find hot chicks who are mutual friends of friends to sleep with, but it would be tough to start dating high status women like Mila without being high status yourself to get into the social circles necessary to meet them.

Ulic said earlier that Jessica hung out with the crew, but married her co-star. As if she was going to end up dating a PA.

Look, I'm not saying you're all fat ugly Honda nerds, which would be ironic considering my username, but rather, the obstacles in your way in even communicating with or meeting Mila are astronomically large. I can click on a friend of mine's profile and have access to like 300+ of her hot friends, indeed, I have used social networking to hook up quite a bit.

Do you have any high-status women on your Facebook, or have the emails and twitters of any high-status women? Maybe you guys should start asking them out and posting the results. Tweet to Rihanna and ask her out on a date? Maybe you could write an eBook about it and self-publish it.



Now, banging higher status women, that is a whole different story. Getting down rotten with the sex is something that spreads even across all social strata.
Man, you think and talk like those old guys at my work. Always talking about rank and race, old generation young generation. Old people of old generation tend to separate people, even their own race, by class and where specifically you're from.

Every time we have a discussion at work, and I share my opinions, they'll stereotype me and say stuff like, "oh, he's Malaysian, that's how Malaysian thinks." And I always comment back, "No, I'm a human being."

To get back your thoughts about status. The bold line in your post already shows that lifestyle is what is between us and Mila. On top of that, she always states that she travels too much to have a relationship, so it's obvious that we can never date Mila, not because of status, but because of different lifestyle and culture even.

So I will try to help you understand, like how I try to help those old geezers at my work understand, a person status does not exist base on what they do, how rich they are, how famous they are, where they're from, the race they are. A person's status only exist to be high or low because we make it to be. So if Mila stops acting and photoshooting, does that make her any less of a person she is now, No! Even some dude who becomes famous on youtube suddenly have status.

The difference between people who think like you is that you let society crumple in on you. If YOU were to date Mila, and paparazzi follow you guys every day, you probably break up with her even if both of you are crazy in love, just because you believe in this thing called "status".

Lifestyle creates status that introduces class which leads to stereotype and prejudice.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #85
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 14,516
Thanked 6,329 Times in 2,984 Posts
deadmau5 who was dating a playboy playmate said in an interview he could not date someone like a teacher because of his work schedule. A teacher couldn't just jump on a plane with him and go to his next show because she might have to grade papers that night or work the next day. It's hard to date someone who has a completely different lifestyle and schedule than you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
trumps the greatest leader of all time.
Spoiler!


I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #86
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Excelsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lala land
Posts: 2,850
Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
is jason taylor's brother?
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #87
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!
 
bing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: vancouver, B.C.
Posts: 1,843
Thanked 563 Times in 229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
Man, you think and talk like those old guys at my work. Always talking about rank and race, old generation young generation. Old people of old generation tend to separate people, even their own race, by class and where specifically you're from.

Every time we have a discussion at work, and I share my opinions, they'll stereotype me and say stuff like, "oh, he's Malaysian, that's how Malaysian thinks." And I always comment back, "No, I'm a human being."

To get back your thoughts about status. The bold line in your post already shows that lifestyle is what is between us and Mila. On top of that, she always states that she travels too much to have a relationship, so it's obvious that we can never date Mila, not because of status, but because of different lifestyle and culture even.

So I will try to help you understand, like how I try to help those old geezers at my work understand, a person status does not exist base on what they do, how rich they are, how famous they are, where they're from, the race they are. A person's status only exist to be high or low because we make it to be. So if Mila stops acting and photoshooting, does that make her any less of a person she is now, No! Even some dude who becomes famous on youtube suddenly have status.

The difference between people who think like you is that you let society crumple in on you. If YOU were to date Mila, and paparazzi follow you guys every day, you probably break up with her even if both of you are crazy in love, just because you believe in this thing called "status".

Lifestyle creates status that introduces class which leads to stereotype and prejudice.
I don't follow your philosophical argument. I think that in North American society, status, lifestyle, and class are quite intertwined. I don't think living a particular lifestyle creates status, rather it reflects and is informed by a number of other variables including education, wealth, occupation, residence, etc. Social status = position in a social hierarchy, and it can ascribed or achieved. It exists as an abstract concept and I'll agree that it is a social construction that only has value because of the meanings attached to it.
__________________

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D


Last edited by bing; 07-06-2012 at 09:35 PM.
bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #88
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 5,378
Thanked 435 Times in 189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bing View Post
It exists as an abstract concept and I'll agree that it is a social construction that only has value because of the meanings attached to it.
Take two symbols,

A Mercedes logo, and a Hyundai logo.

Ask 1,000 people randomly which is a better logo, and to associate words with the logos.

Chances are, you'll find the perceived status of those logos is vastly different, because of the meanings attached to them.


Same thing when Mila Kunis is looking for a date. She will natually look for someone on her similar level of living/lifestyle/perceived status or value, which is probably more likely to be with a director, actor, sports player, musician, than she is with a PA, student, or truck driver.
Jason00S2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:12 PM   #89
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
MWR34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: richmond
Posts: 1,381
Thanked 1,958 Times in 287 Posts































__________________
Out of all the things i've lost before, I miss my mind the most.


http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...a3fc/event.png
MWR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net