REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Official "Vancouver Cycling" Thread

Riding a bike will be the new hip thing in town soon... All this is part of the city’s attempt to become the most bicycle friendly city in North America.

Granville Bridge with two lanes reallocated for pedestrians and cyclists

False Creek pedestrian and cycling only crossing

The above was proposed in 2009 and thankfully never saw the light of day. It would have been an expensive and unnecessary additional crossing over False Creek. Adding bike/pedestrian lanes to existing, underutilized infrastructure makes more fiscal sense.

The city’s recent push to become more bicycle and pedestrian friendly is one out of necessity. The shift will infuriate a few drivers, however, those that live in the city, realize the need for alternative options. The addition of bike/pedestrian lanes on Granville and Cambie bridges are great steps. All this is part of the city’s attempt to become the most bicycle friendly city in North America.

However, the city needs to do more than just adding walking/cycling paths. It needs more rapid transit. The region as a whole needs more light rail. Personally, I’d love for the Vancouver Street Car to be built soon and finally link Granville Island to the rest of downtown Vancouver.
Advertisement
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #2
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
fuck cyclists
Previous
1977 Firebird 5.7
1987 Iroc-Z 2.5
1998 Firebird 3.8
1992 BMW 325i 2.5
1994 Dodge Ram 5.2
1996 Dodge Ram 5.9
1996 Cavalier Z22 2.2
1997 Mustang Cobra 4.6
firebird79_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #3
J89
RS controls my life!

^ I use to hate cyclists too, until recently I bought my first bike and started riding.
I know why people do it now, it's fucking healthy! And now that summers around going be a riding a lot more and parking the G35 at home ^__^V
J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,574 Times in 4,294 Posts
Cyclists are great when they respect the road. But there are way to fucken many hipster cyclists that think they have more rights then even pedestrians in Vancouver. I've honestly almost been run over a number of times do to those hipster faggots and they can straight up go fuck them selves, an umbrella in the spokes would make me feel a whole lot better. They are the reason why cyclists have a bad name these days...

end rant/
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Cyclists are great when they respect the road. But there are way to fucken many hipster cyclists that think they have more rights then even pedestrians in Vancouver. I've honestly almost been run over a number of times do to those hipster faggots and they can straight up go fuck them selves, an umbrella in the spokes would make me feel a whole lot better. They are the reason why cyclists have a bad name these days...

end rant/
Cyclist was riding on the sidewalk riding towards me. With no sigh to stop I just keep on walking. In the last sec he have stop and get off his bike and almost fell. Started swearing shit and yell at me to move and focus on the road. I am sorry but you are on a SIDEWALK made for ppl not bikes. There is a bike lane next to it.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #6
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
cycling's been in for a while. my friends are slowly converting and buying bikes =/
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #7
RS controls my life!

The only way I'd bother using the granville street bridge as a biking bridge is if they built an elevator from the seawall the bridge on both ends. Would be rather convenient for pedestrians as well if they wish to get to granville island. That bridge is like 100 feet up, no way in hell will I bother walking a bike up that many stairs, or taking the long route and enter on seymor/granville or howe.
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #8
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
i have no problem with cyclist.. just the certain ones that think they are king shit of the road...
Old 06-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #9
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
^ I use to hate cyclists too, until recently I bought my first bike and started riding.
I know why people do it now, it's fucking healthy! And now that summers around going be a riding a lot more and parking the G35 at home ^__^V

what about spring, fall , and winter? G35 or bicycle?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #10
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,421 Times in 273 Posts
Did someone say biking close to a bridge?

Acura Integra Type R 00-1004 - It's back
223whp 161ft tq 2.0L ITR

My Feedback
E-40six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #11
J89
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
what about spring, fall , and winter? G35 or bicycle?
Nah bro that's hipster and shiet.
J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #12
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

btw, the roads aren't free. Just remember to pay for your fair share
tonyzoomzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #13
Welcome to Planet Power ///M

Thanked 2,979 Times in 527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-40six View Post

Biker bails on knight st - YouTube

there wasn't a kid in the back was there? it pisses me the fuck off when i see parents riding along the road with their kids in the back. god forbid they hit something or get run over by a car... don't know how they'd live with themselves.
CharlieH is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #14
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyzoomzoom View Post
btw, the roads aren't free. Just remember to pay for your fair share
Not going to happen.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:26 PM   #15
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
I think putting bike and pedestrian lanes on Granville bridge is fine. There's plenty of room and that bridge is seldom a bottleneck even during rush hour.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:28 PM   #16
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-40six View Post

Biker bails on knight st - YouTube

Is it just me, or does anyone else get freaking pissed off that there's not a single person on that sidewalk yet he chose to stick on the road causing a hazard to everyone including himself and whoever is in that carriage.

Yes I know it's illegal to ride on the sidewalk, but not illegal to ride like you own the fucking road and don't have to give a fuck about 2 ton metal objects travelling beside you.

Sorry for my rage, just had an encounter with these king of the road riders today.
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-30-2012, 10:44 PM   #17
VLS Moderator

Thanked 2,591 Times in 832 Posts
As a cyclist, I hate motorists. As a motorist, I hate cyclists.
R.I.P. 1989 Acura Legend Coupe LS.
Senna4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2012, 11:36 PM   #18
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliuz View Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else get freaking pissed off that there's not a single person on that sidewalk yet he chose to stick on the road causing a hazard to everyone including himself and whoever is in that carriage.

Yes I know it's illegal to ride on the sidewalk, but not illegal to ride like you own the fucking road and don't have to give a fuck about 2 ton metal objects travelling beside you.

Sorry for my rage, just had an encounter with these king of the road riders today.
I get what you're saying but no, as annoying as it is to go around cyclists, I'd rather they stick to the rules of the road as vehicles. Keep them off the sidewalk and off the crosswalks (unless they're actually walking their bike).

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #19
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,574 Times in 4,294 Posts
The best thing about that video is you know thats a cracker and he's pulling his little cart of stolen shit. I so wish I would of seen that in person.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:21 AM   #20
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
I get what you're saying but no, as annoying as it is to go around cyclists, I'd rather they stick to the rules of the road as vehicles. Keep them off the sidewalk and off the crosswalks (unless they're actually walking their bike).
Even better, there's a bike path 2 blocks over.
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:40 AM   #21
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

bought a expensive bike, loved that till i got my license, drove everyday after that.. when gas prices rose, went back to my bike, when i discovered how much cheaper a scooter is... well haven't touched the bike or car in over a month 200-300km per 5L tank ftw :'( lol
iKayChow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:41 AM   #22
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,421 Times in 273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliuz View Post

The day that I caught him falling off bike was when my truck grossed out at 13500KG and the I had a loaded dump truck behind me.

there would've been no way we would've been able to stop in time if i didn't give him enough space to bail

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
The best thing about that video is you know thats a cracker and he's pulling his little cart of stolen shit. I so wish I would of seen that in person.

Bang on right there

Acura Integra Type R 00-1004 - It's back
223whp 161ft tq 2.0L ITR

My Feedback
E-40six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:56 AM   #23
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,776 Times in 8,170 Posts
One thing the "anti bike" people aren't considering is that sooner or later, cities are going to have to eliminate as many cars as they can. Oil is just getting too expensive, and the air is just getting too shitty to live in.

For the last 6 years I have been living in a city with awesome public transportation. You really don't need a car to live here at all, and it is awesome. I barely miss having a car - the only thing I really miss is road trips.

Anyway, my point is, it would be SO much better if it had good cycling infrastructure to go along with the good public transport. If that is the way Vancouver and other cities are going, that is a GOOD thing, not a bad thing, trust me.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2012, 08:07 AM   #24
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
One thing the "anti bike" people aren't considering is that sooner or later, cities are going to have to eliminate as many cars as they can. Oil is just getting too expensive, and the air is just getting too shitty to live in.
Never. We have gobs of oil in the ground and as long as the extraction is done in Alberta, it doesn't affect me in beautiful BC.

Air quality is great because I live in the island that is Vancouver. People in the Fraser Valley don't concern me.

Quote:
For the last 6 years I have been living in a city with awesome public transportation. You really don't need a car to live here at all, and it is awesome. I barely miss having a car - the only thing I really miss is road trips.
Taking the bus is for losers. Besides, I didn't leave Hong Kong just so that I would have to continue taking a bus or the Crime-Train.

Quote:
Anyway, my point is, it would be SO much better if it had good cycling infrastructure to go along with the good public transport. If that is the way Vancouver and other cities are going, that is a GOOD thing, not a bad thing, trust me.
I don't like cyclists because they serve as a reminder of everything I'm against:

- I hate hipsters because they're just so lame - living off their parents trust funds, drinking their fancy coffees, wearing their tight-ass jeans with their beards. I can't grow beards, I drink condensed milk with my caffeine, and I'm too fat because of all the gluten and sugar I eat to wear skinny jeans.
- Cycling is a lame form of exercise. Cyclists should be play team sports or lift.
- Cycling infrastructure in this city only serves those who live in the wealthy parts of town. I have to commute from Coquitlam to Delta because I actually work a real job that involves using my hands. (Secretly, I wish I could be one of those cycle commuters with office jobs, but nonetheless, I have to put on a front of resentment.)

Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2012, 08:17 AM   #25
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,776 Times in 8,170 Posts
lol I had my cursor hovering over the FAIL button, then I saw the trollface. Let's see if someone is fucking stupid enough to thank your sarcastic post
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote