REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-29-2012, 03:29 AM   #126
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
Nobody will use a track. Just come out to any track day or autocross and watch the guys in their 911's show up all cocky and proceed to get beat by some guy in a Miata or Mustang because they don't know how to drive. It happens all the time - they show up once to try things out and never come back.

At the track the social pecking order is defined by how good you can drive. On the street it's defined by the value of your car. This is why building a track will do nothing - the people driving high-end cars won't get the attention they think they deserve at the track.

Well, most of them. Believe it or not, there are people who drive 911's and M3's who actually know how to drive. But they are a very small minority.

True to some extent, and it depends whether the track is an autocross track or a road course. When I tracked my C4S at SIR, I was passing cars like the Lotus Elise simply because it was a lesser performance car and did not have the acceleration or power out of the corners to match the 911. I did get passed by a bunch of C6 Vettes though.
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #127
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
2 different cases here. The one I posted was a single vehicle accident where the driver was under the influence and smashed into the back of a parked construction truck.
Yours was the 2 case of teen agers racing on crashing near the 1st ave exit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #128
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
When you're driving a $60,000+ car, citing cost as an excuse NOT to use the track is fucking weak... especially considering the cost of a day at the track is roughly the same as the CHEAPEST speeding ticket you could get on the street.

Unfortunately, building tracks won't overcome the real problem: these idiots are just plain lazy, selfish, and/or ignorant.
Sure it's no excuse. But it's enough reason for some people to not want to go to a track simply cause it cost something, and some people can be really cheap.

But that's not even my point. Like someone said earlier though, it's really two different target market. Lots of street racers are young kids, who do stupid things. Building a track wouldn't do anything if the young drivers don't have the money or have the brains to go to one in the first place.

As well, not all street racing is premeditated. A guy with a nice car pulls up at the red light. Or you see a nice car blow by you on the highway, and then ego checks in. All of a sudden, a bad decision is made and now there's a race going on.

Will a track really save those type of people? I don't think so.

Also, not everyone enjoys driving around a track. As I can imagine, many people, myself included, would rather enjoy a cruise going "somewhere" rather than be confined in a track. It's like running on a 400m track vs jogging around the neigbourhood. It's a completely different experience.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote