REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #51
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Yaminashi View Post
I know this doesnt add anything to the thread, but I've never understood how people can lose their phones clubbing. These days EVERYTHING is on a person's phone, you'd think that you'd hang onto it as tight as your wallet.

I can understand if you take it out to snap pictures and someone bumps you and it drops into the hundreds of people in the crowd...

If its an alcohol related loss, well... Maybe your gf should watch how much she drinks

Either way, hopefully she gets it back. I know what it's like to lose pictures you wont be able to get again
When i worked in the club i found a purse at the end of the night just sitting on the corner of a couch, inside it had 2 brand new chinese passports, a couple phones, a check book, etc.

I was soooo tempted to take the passports but then i realized i didnt have a clue who i would sell them to lol

Advertisement
Old 08-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #52
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
is ur gf using gmail or icloud? there are options in the settings that always auto syncs your contacts to one of them so they will never be lost.

we ain't living in the days where contacts are only stored on one phone.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #53
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirevtuner View Post
stolen and lost property are two very different things, since your g/f lost her phone she can only ask for it back or offer a reward

but if it's stolen then you might have a case for the property crimes unit, non emergency # is your best bet
become a lawyer dude.

to the op:

if one of the employees took it call the head office for adelphia.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:04 AM   #54
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly View Post
I would actually put money on the line and bet that you would never have the balls to wreck someones house over a $200 phone.

If you were joking and trying to be funny; you're not funny.
why do you think im trying to be funny? if that was my 400$ iphone and it had all my personal pictures and important stuff on it, you bet I would go to the extent to get it back. Only pussies give up and let stuff go.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:10 AM   #55
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
if you have the location, call the police and tell them the address...
Old 08-09-2012, 12:39 AM   #56
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
whoops wrong thread

Last edited by belaud; 08-09-2012 at 12:40 AM. Reason: derp'd
belaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:41 AM   #57
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,647 Times in 2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo View Post
if you have the location, call the police and tell them the address...

And then?
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:27 AM   #58
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraTTturbo2jz View Post
why do you think im trying to be funny? if that was my 400$ iphone and it had all my personal pictures and important stuff on it, you bet I would go to the extent to get it back. Only pussies give up and let stuff go.
You havent grown up yet....slow down there tough guy before you get yourself or your friends hurt.

Im pretty sure if you even *tried* that.....the person who has your contacts can do 10x more damage.
No matter the cost, you cannot put a $$$ on your safety...

chalk it up as a loss and lesson learned.

----

Scenario: you msg the guy; stating return phone; he doesnt; and you bust his windows..... Replacing his windows would probably cost more than 400 bucks....
- You are now out 3x as much for replacement costs of windows and you still dont have your phone back....

----
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."

Last edited by Supafly; 08-09-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:46 AM   #59
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

If you have your iPhone setup correctly with iCloud and find my iphone. Then backups of all personal data, address book, photos, etc... should be on the cloud.

If you know you can't get the iPhone back

1. send a remote wipe from "find my iPhone"
2. obtain new iPhone and restore from icloud backup. The phone will be exactly as it was from last backup and your back in business.

$600 lesson but shit happens.
mafiakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:02 AM   #60
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Again what if the person who have your phone right now isn't the person who sotle it but rather bought it 2nd hand? So you just bash someone else house for no reason and they are most likely going to report this to the police (since you message them before so I am sure the police can track where you are). Now you are out of an iphone and have to pay for damage fees and maybe face some charges....

Good job! First is your fault for losing your phone. Second is your fault for not backing up your pictures and contacts regularlly....... who do you want to blame?
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #61
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
Ram your car through the garage
Richmond STYLE!
NeoKaze92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #62
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly View Post
You havent grown up yet....slow down there tough guy before you get yourself or your friends hurt.

Im pretty sure if you even *tried* that.....the person who has your contacts can do 10x more damage.
No matter the cost, you cannot put a $$$ on your safety...

chalk it up as a loss and lesson learned.

----

Scenario: you msg the guy; stating return phone; he doesnt; and you bust his windows..... Replacing his windows would probably cost more than 400 bucks....
- You are now out 3x as much for replacement costs of windows and you still dont have your phone back....

----
I wouldn't even mention or threaten them. I would of course ask them nicely at first. Of course I'am grown up, I've witnessed actions of 40-50 yr olds worse than doing this. Common, if cops don't do anything, who will?
Old 08-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #63
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
Common, if cops don't do anything, who will?
Are you planning to be Vancouver's masked vigilante?

You definitely should smash his windows...
That'll show the potential suspect what happens when you're just suspicious of someone.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #64
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
I wouldn't even mention or threaten them. I would of course ask them nicely at first. Of course I'am grown up, I've witnessed actions of 40-50 yr olds worse than doing this. Common, if cops don't do anything, who will?
I totally understand where you're coming from bro.Some people are raised differently than others,you have alot of people who were raised to do the right thing by letting the cops handle it or just forget about it and move on,then you got a select few individuals who were brought up to not take shit from anyone or do things laying down,get shit done and just take care of it no matter how big or small the issue is.

Very few people understand this type of mentality unless they were brought up thinking this way.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #65
J89
RS controls my life!

You guys are all such nice people lol(which is obviously a good thing)
If I knew exactly where it was I would roll on them one way or another lol.
J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #66
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
^ then i'd say who the fuck are you, get off my property..

the findmyiphone is only accurate within a few houses, you gonna conduct a search?
Old 08-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #67
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,967 Times in 290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
Basically, your only option is to show up guns blazing.

Ram your car through the garage, pepper spray the first respondents, then steal all the gallon drums of ice cream from the freezer.

You won't be getting the phone back, so just steal shit worth the same price. If possible, steal shit to pay for another new york trip.

<OR>

Go to the door, identify yourself as Canadian Secret Service Operatives. Let them know there is a compromised cellphone on the premises. Ask them if they have ever been to Guantanamo...and the rest should be easy.

UNCE UNCE UNCE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
Comparing A&B with deadmau5? Really? I should fucking slap you

2007 Acura TL
2005 Acura TL....RIP
2003 Honda Accord Coupe V6....RIP
tonyvu is offline   Reply With Quote